[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>TxSF on hold to not divide communities >puts Akuma in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8
File: 2979093-2978633-3.jpg (95 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
2979093-2978633-3.jpg
95 KB, 800x450
>TxSF on hold to not divide communities
>puts Akuma in T7
>makes him plot-critical

Why is this shit allowed?
>>
>>344289015
>caring about plot in fightan games
>>
Producers are bros.
>>
It's to ease SF players into Tekken. Tekken to SF is way easier than SF to Tekken. Once they get a feel for how Akuma works then people will get exited to see other SF characters work.
>>
>>344289015
Who cares about the story? He's broken as fuck. They purposely made him strong to appeal to SF fans. Fuckign over their fanbase in the process.
>>
>>344289760
this.
i bet they've had some great karaoke nights together.
>>
>>344290035
Wouldn't be the first time Akuma was banned from tournament play.
>>
*sigh*Do you understand SO little about fighting games?

The entire reason Akuma is playable in Tekken 7 is because Harada and co. need to test and see how exactly a character with zoning attacks designed for a 2D playing field functions in a 3D playing field. And Akuma has every base tenet ofma 2D fighting games character: dragon punches, tatsus, fireballs, airborne fireballs, divekicks, supermoves, the works.

Namco needs to let their community get their hands on the character so that they can play him and exploit him to every bit of his potential, so that Namco can in turn balance him properly for a competitive 3D fighting game. Since, as you know,Tekken was never designed for fireballs and things like that.

And once Harada and his team come to grips with how Akuma works best in Tekken, THEN they will go ahead with the rest of the Street Fighter cast.
>>
>>344290141
Tekken never had any banned chars. Even in Tekken 5.0 with Steve death touch, he still was allowed.
Akuma will be allowed. 2011 EVO has nothing on this year Tekken EVO.
>>
Why dont they just release a final iteration of SF which works as a platform to build upon and turn it into a subscription based game instead of releasing the same game every few years?
>>
>>344290257
Combot
>>
>>344290325
combot wasn't so much banned from big tournaments, as he never was configured. He's also not available in Ranked and not present on Arcades.
>>
Aris, RIP and Bloodhawk opinions on Tekken 7 FR and Akuma.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdAyD93PjvA
>>
>>344290124
i want to be one of harada breeding bitches
>>
File: truly_sad.jpg (14 KB, 284x339) Image search: [Google]
truly_sad.jpg
14 KB, 284x339
>tfw no kuma/panda/aking/Anna
>>
File: CbuiQn8W4AAY1lc.jpg (32 KB, 354x367) Image search: [Google]
CbuiQn8W4AAY1lc.jpg
32 KB, 354x367
>>344291146
>tfw no capos

At least my main man Law is still around
>>
File: Cbpj2n-UUAAswio.jpg (133 KB, 766x1024) Image search: [Google]
Cbpj2n-UUAAswio.jpg
133 KB, 766x1024
>>344291108
He can have a harem of Tekken waifus whenever he wants.
>>
>>344291438
Yeah I kind of wish Christie was in
>>
>>344291715
i did cosplay as lili a couple of times
>>
>>344292715
You know what to do
>>
>>344292715
>Lili
Confirmed for shit taste
>>
>>344290204
Could do without the >*sigh*
but otherwise you're right.

No one on /v/ is capable of the simplest level of critical thought.
>>
>>344289015
Cause fuck you
>>
File: Cmvb6OnUMAA9URG.jpg (196 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
Cmvb6OnUMAA9URG.jpg
196 KB, 1200x900
>>344293238
Except he's wrong. Elisa is already in Tekken Revolution and she has projectiles and shit.
They just put him in to bring SF crowd, because SF is all the rage right now, televised EVO matches, etc. Only they fucked up, because they're fucking retarded. And now Tekken players are salty as fuck and Arcades re empty on the second day of release.
Died faster than Pokken. People actually liked T7, but you'll be hard pressed to dind any good word on FR from Japanese "pros". Nobi hates Akuma, Yuu said game is unfinished and he pays to play the beta, and players agree with him. Koreans aren't happy either. Knee isn't happy, KDCR doesn't give a fuck anymore.
>>
>>344291715
I'm now convinced that T7 Xiaoyu is one of the best things that's ever happened
>>
>>344294168
There is so much stupid with this post i don't know where to begin.
>>
There are 3 really dumb things about Akuma right now.

10f launcher with meter
Unscaled damage until he launches you
No one is knowledgeable on how to deal with his jumps

He can't space that well so he has to go in all the time
>>
>>344294371
maybe you don't know because there's nothing wrong there and you just can't accept it.

They had 6 month of locations tests they threw out of the window and intentionally put broken Akuma in the final game just to make sure some game in development hell, that got put on ice by the way, goes over smoothly.

How stupid you must be to think thsi is true?
>>
>>344294639
he can resplat prone opponents at the wall
he doesn't NEED to launch you, if he's willing to burn meter all combo will be unscaled
his DP interrupts rage arts
his meter carries over from round to round and everything gives him meter
>>
>>344294892
It's not the final game. The only bad part about all this is that Akuma will take over EVO.

The actual game itself is fine.
>>
>>344295173
it is the final game.
They will unveil several(less than 10) characters, but that's it. This will be repacked as a Tekken 7 for consoles, just like TTT2U and T6BR.
And if you think they will introduce 10 SF chars, you're wrong, we yet to see Tekken staples like Lei.
>>
>>344295420
They can tone down Akuma, just like how they toned down Shaheen and Jack-7 with patches
>>
>>344295420
more characters, more stages, more modes, Customization, balancing changes.

I said nothing about SF characters, that was the other guy.
>>
>>344295507
>Shaheen
I can understand Jack, but Shaheen as an example, are you serious?
And even then, with Jack, they took some follow-ups out of the game, robbing him of some retarded damage combos. You can't take away FADC from Akuma. His problem, is that he's not playing the same game.
They might put some bandaid shit in, like scaling only for Akuma, or burn his meter between rounds, but it's too much of a change for a patch. Shaheen lost jail on 4,1, Claudio got his hopkick range nerfed, Jack lost some follow ups. There were no big system changes.
He needs a redesign. Not a tweak.
>>
>>344291146

Those characters are silly anyway. I know Tekken is not super serious but it was just getting out of hand. A reset was necessary. You don't want to end like KI and Battletoads
>>
>>344296271
The only silly thing he listed was the bears
>>
File: image.jpg (354 KB, 842x2000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
354 KB, 842x2000
>>344289892

I get it?

But DONT PUT HIM IN A CANONICAL GAME.

Like holy shit? This is PERMANENTLY making Akuma and STREET FIGHTER actually, existing in the same world.
>>
>>344297454
I never really thought about this because

>story

But this might mean that Tekken characters might actually make an appearance in a Street Fighter game.
>>
>>344289892
Could you stop trying to establish this fake-ass fighting game rivalry? It's fucking annoying and reeks of retarded fanboy shilling.

Most SF fans already play other fighters on the sides, be it animu or 3D. Akuma barely changes a thing.
>>
Akumer in practice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEInFmhwLPg
>>
>>344299072
Why are you telling me? I have nothing to do with this and didn't even want this in the first place.
>>
>>344299178

Akuma's busted alright, but he looks fun.
>>
The lack of Anna is kinda a big fucking deal for me, since I main Nina and used to play Anna as well. Anyone else mad about this?
>>
>>344299878
Akumer vs Kell2(Steve)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHlQq_0afDY
Akumer vs Chanel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9TeiT_qA88
>>
File: tk7frxiaoyu.jpg (223 KB, 600x1067) Image search: [Google]
tk7frxiaoyu.jpg
223 KB, 600x1067
>>344294341
you're not wrong
>>
>>344290257
Steve death touch?
>>
Akuma is only strong while in rage, but who isn't?
>>
>>344303606
Rage damage boost is gone and his super is easy to avoid. Thats not the problem
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.