[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NX
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (27 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
27 KB, 800x600
NX thread

Because I trust you goddamn fuckers to not shitpost

>expectations
>speculations
> What will happen if the NX fails? How much will it likely sell?
>>
Hopes are extremely low considering how overly secretive nintendo has been. Isn't it supposed to be out in less than a year, And yet we know nothing about it
>>
Confirmed facts
>home console (http://nintendonews.com/news/general/nintendo-nx-home-console/)
>Zelda BotW as launch title ('different visuals than Wii U')
>'new type of mario' avaliable
>new game by Koei tecmo(http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/04/koei_tecmo_confirms_that_it_has_nintendo_nx_software_in_development)
>no VR (Statements by miyamoto)
Holy fuck we know so damn little

>VERY likely/ partically confirmed stuff
Pikmin 4 launch title
Animal crossing (mobile app supposed to crossover with something)
Dragon Quest XI
Metroid (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-17-next-proper-metroid-prime-would-likely-now-be-on-nx)
Just Dance
New IP by retro (http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/04/rumour_retro_studios_is_working_on_a_new_ip_releases_2017)

Stronger than Wii U (see: Zelda point)

>Some stuff stated by companies, but not confirmed
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/05/nintendo-optimistic-about-removing-region-lock-for-next-console/
https://mynintendonews.com/2016/06/15/ubisoft-says-nintendo-nx-will-recapture-wii-players-nintendo-addressing-family-market/
'moving away from Wii Brand'

>Rumours
https://www.twitter.com/fabiandoehla/status/74479428038066585 (3rd party devs excited)
https://mynintendonews.com/2016/06/20/rumour-nintendo-nx-as-powerful-as-ps4-neo-and-announcement-due-september/ (specs rumours are all over the place, do not trust any of them)
Memory cards and Catridges from Zelda trademarks
http://www.techradar.com/sg/news/gaming/nintendo-nx-release-date-news-and-rumors-1289401
Beyond good and evil from Ubisoft
Smash 4 and Mk8 ports

Please don't reply to shitposters
>>
>>344288272
Yeah, the wait is killing me

At least we will see it in fall
>>
Oh yeah, I forgot

>how will it compete with the 1.5 consoles?
>>
B-bump
>>
>>344288594
Nsider here.

It's a handheld that can run console quality games.
>>
>>344288329
>>344289261
Really makes u think...
>>
>>344288329
>new game by Koei tecmo(http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/04/koei_tecmo_confirms_that_it_has_nintendo_nx_software_in_development)
HYRULE WARRIORS 2, FOR FUCKS SAKE!
>>
>>344288149
>hopes
Spla2n.
>>
>>344288272
Didn't they say they'd want to keep it secret until the last moment because other companies will imitate it?
>>
>>344289901
They technically not wrong with thier assumption

I mean shit they even tried to copy the Wii U. If it didn't fail, they would totally release rhe Xbox U smart glass (tm)

It really feels that Nintendo is the only one innovating right now, their innovations might not be good, but fuck if we get three Xbones every generation
>>
>>344288149

>trusting /v/
What's that like?
>>
>>344289901
That's either just some PR bullshit or they're making a gimmick. I hope it's just the former.
>>
>>344290206
Obviously they will be making a gimmick

But gimmicks are not inherently bad. We'll have to wait and see
>>
>>344289901
It's not so much the hardware itself that they're worried about, it's their plan to compete with mobile.

Buying games for Nintendo consoles will get you huge bonuses in upcoming Nintendo mobile games.
>>
>>344290281
I would be fine with this even if it is the other way round desu. Just keep microtransactions to mobile and I am fine
>>
I fear it will have yet another controller gimmick forced upon third-party developers.
I defended the Wii controller when it came out, but in hindsight it only really made sense for a few genres, and the lack of a Star fox game for Wii was a huge blunder.
There is no excuse for the Wii U controller.
>>
>>344290271
Paying for online lets you play anywhere.
>>
>>344290365
The idea is to marry the concept of what makes mobile exclusive games fun with what makes traditional console games fun. So yes, there will still be ordinary (Albeit reasonably fair) microtransactions.
>>
>Android won't write to an SD Card
>iOS is beyond draconian
>Microsoft a shit

I hope this is a smartphone.
>>
>>344288329
>home console
That's not a fact. It's a rumor and a shitty one at it.
>MH
Come on son. That shit was debunked ages ago.
>>
>>344290368
A smaller screen only used for maps, menus and to draw stuff in Miiverse would be great. The problem with the U pad is that it forces the off tv stuff and all that. And that sucks since it sucks a lot of power from the console and I imagine it's also a pain to set up.
>>
>>344290698
Have you even fucking read the article

Reggie said that specifically in an interview you faggot
>>
File: matsumoto neck.jpg (82 KB, 526x682) Image search: [Google]
matsumoto neck.jpg
82 KB, 526x682
>>344290659
And you somehow think Nintendo, the company with perhaps the worst understanding of the internet and general user interface design, will come up with something better?
>>
>>344290941
A literal turd will be better than both iOS and android desu
>>
>>344290941
Sadly? Yes. Anything that they come up with will have automatically exceeded the other companies, so long as they don't repeat any of their mistakes or have hardware/speed issues like the Xperia Play.
>>
>>344291065
>>344291104
I get being hyperbolic is cool these days, but for fuck's sake, anon. A fucking PDA OS from the mid-90s is better designed than the Wii U or 3DS.
>>
>>344290913
Taken out of context.

He was talking about their next platform. He didn't say it was NX.
>>
File: 1465474384405.webm (82 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1465474384405.webm
82 KB, 400x400
Friendly pastaminder:

Make the console powerful, even though if I cared about power, I'd better build a PC.

No gimmick whatsoever, make a plain and simple console, basically I want a PS4 or Xbone copypaste but with the Nintendo logo slapped on it.

The console must be innovative though, no gimmicks but I want something fresh and unique like VR.

Bring back the third parties, even though I won't buy their games in the end because I love complaining about how AAA games are shit and ports are inferior for my tastes. I buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games anyway.

I'm sick of rehashes. Give me new IPs, no matter Nintendo makes plenty of them each gen but, if their aren't big budget and successfull, they don't count and I don't like them anyway.

Stop experimenting new shit with Mario and Zelda, give me a good old rehash of my nostalgia defining games like Mario 64 or Ocarina of Time. Bring back all the niche series nobody but me care about, Nintendo MUST cater only to my special and refined tastes.

The console must also have at least ten 10/10 games at launch, certified by Metacritic, I don't want to buy a console with nogaems at day one.

And then, finally, I'll buy your console. Not at launch. On a sale. With a game or two included. Only if it is successful and it wins Media Creates threads, I hate buying unsuccessful consoles.
>>
>>344291414
At least it's simple and won't bloat memory.
>>
If Pikmin 4 isn't a launch title I'm gonna go insane.
>>
>>344290913
The author is assuming he is talking about the NX. But he never mentioned it.
>Nice "confirmed fact" bro
>>
>>344291470
>>344291698
So what is he talking about?

If he just revealed another home console, wouldn't Nintendo Jap have his ass? If he isn't talking about the NX, wouldn't it cause more confusion and ultimately hurt sales?
>>
>>344291639
If the 3DS is anything to go by, it would have to be simple because I don't see the Nintendo phone as having anything more than 512MB RAM.
>>
>>344291698
What the fuck else would he be talking anout you turbo faggot? He'a not going to announce an entirely new console separate from the NX offhandedly in an interview that only a few people saw. Not to mention the interview would be taken down if he said something about a console other than the NX. Think before you speak dipshit.
>>
>>344291961
He is simply implying there will be a new home console in the future and that they are working on it. But that's far from assuming the NX will be the home console he is talking about.

Face it, anon, as far as we know, the NX could be a wrench. Or a car. There is no confirmation whatsoever about it being a home console. Zero.
>>
>>344292221
Sorry man, your source is ass and there are no confirmations about the NX. Only silly speculations by aspies like you.
>>
>>344291961
To add on, it makes no sense to replace the 3DS immediately after it gets a system seller, Pokemon. It's still going pretty strong
>>
>>344292247
>zero confirmation about it being a console
>BotW will run on the NX with superior visuals
Yeah can't wait for that game playing wrench that shits all over the WiiU in every regard.
>>
>>344292146
Surely they'd put at least 2GB in there so as to avoid frequent consumer complaints about apps not working...

Oh right. There wouldn't be a ton of third party apps or the other stores.
>>
Let's talk GAMES
>any sequels you want?
>what do you want to see from those sequels?

SF02. No gyrocopters, more on-rail, new story starring Fox's father as part of it
>>
>>344292404
>superior
Different, anon, they said "different". Never "better" or "improved".
>>
>>344292769
It would have to be better considering the WiiU runs it at about 20fps.
>>
>>344292769
Likely due to translation. Then again, can you even expect a phone to run BoTW at 30fps, regardless of resolution? It's more or less impossible, unless they stuffed a console GPU into a handheld

They only said it to not piss off Wii U owners even more than they already have.
>>
>>344292962
>>344292941
Translation my ass. They always choose their words carefully.
Either way, there is no concrete and official confirmation about the NX being a home console no matter how much you grasp at straws.
>>
>>344293218
Okay, but you haven't explained how it is possible for BoTW to run on a handheld

You have even less evidence and trying to grasp at straws harder when almost all evidence says otherwise
>>
Dumping my stupid shit here
>handheld sold separately, but can be used as a controller and a second screen for the console for menu navigation and such. Gyro also only avaliable with the handheld
>Console 1080p 60fps standard, handheld 720p 30fps
>console bundled with Wii U pro controllers, but with improved triggers
>>
>>344288149
>>hopes
New Super Nintendo. Main controller being the Wii U Pro controller now with analog triggers and back buttons-

>>expectations
New Wii 2. With an awful gimmicky cellphone controller for the "we ant the mobage crowd" bullshit they're going to pull

>>speculations

>> What will happen if the NX fails? How much will it likely sell?
Nintendo to go third party, or for Miyamoto to take the blame and resign his position.
>>
>>344293218
Bullshit and you know it.

A console is literally the only thing it can possibly be. Nintendo is not making a fucking phone, otherwise they wouldn't have bothered partnering to make mobile games on iOS and Android. It's not VR, as Miyamoto already said. And if it is a handheld, then it's going to be fucking powerful because it has to fill the shoes of the dead Wii U.
>>
>>344288329
>Smash 4 and Mk8 ports
Man I really would love for it to be backwards compatible since they're probably sticking with PowerPC architecture, but oh well I guess I'll miss Hyrule Warriors
>>
>>344293729
>third party
No, but handheld exclusive until they are confident enough to make another console

But Jesus, a Microsoft/Sony market will be a fucking nightmare
>>
>>344293375
Nobody's talking about handhelds except you, dumbnut.
And technically speaking, if Xenoblade is possible on N3DS, BotW can run on a handheld more powerful than the 3DS. But that's far from the point, you guys have no confirmation the NX is a home console. Stop saying dumb non confirmed shit is confirmed.
>>
>>344288149
It will look like a big wii
The controller will be a whole wii U
It will come with a new wii play and wii sports and they will be the best games released for it
>>
>>344293949
If it's not a fucking handheld, what else can it be?

>Inb4 OS
Even less evidence for this.

Besides, Xenoblade's engine is obviously not as taxing as BoTW, as the physics engine is not as advanced
>>
>>344293949
If it isn't a handheld, then it's a home console you absolute moron.
>>
File: nigguh.png (162 KB, 475x322) Image search: [Google]
nigguh.png
162 KB, 475x322
>>344288149
>Hopes
-Abandons gimmicks
-Abandon the mentality where they think they can get by with weak hardware
-Abandon Amiibos
-Online Remains unpaywalled
-Mobile is simply used as promotion and they do not cater to mobile gamers in any way, shape or form
-Get Konami, Capcom, Platinum, and 2nd party studios cranking on titles for it (Classicvania, Megaman, contra, Resident evil, and other stuff important to the Nintendo brand as far as 3rd party titles go.)

>expectations based on what will actually happen because Nintendo are retarded and creatively dead inside
-Weak hardware
-Sold on a controller gimmick
-More Amiibo integration than ever before
-Nintendo network paywalled with no improvements
-Games dumbed down further for mobile gamers
-Weak and only initial 3rd party support akin to the WiiU where 3rd parties put half assed buggy titles on the WiiU then slam it when their lame overmarketed shitpiles dont sell. Then 3rd parties go on to bash it for being weak because these devs cannot optimize to save their asses now.

>Speculation
-It's going to probably sell if the gimmick is good, but sales mean nothing to me and I've never ever in my life liked control gimmicks. I'm a gamer, not an investor or shareholder.
-It might not be a complete weak waste of space, but it wont hold up to PS4k or scorpio which is what devs are gonna jump ship to so...Nintendo is shooting themselves in the foot yet again.
>>
>>344288149
>What will happen if the NX fails?
When, not if. And Nintendo will quit making consoles. Maybe still make handhelds. If that also flops, expect them to go 3rd party.
>>
>>344294624
What makes you think developers will jump to the Neo/Scorpio?

I heard from rumours that they were ass to develop for. Besides, what is even the market of these consoles? Will there be a market, since everyone that wants a ps4/Xbone should have no already?

Nintendo actually has an upper hand here, I hate to say this
>>
>>344291604
>The console must also have at least ten 10/10
Have you ever bought a console?
>>
>>344294721
What makes you so sure?

In this age, marketing is fucking everything. You cannot be sure until you see the marketing campaign

Right now the silence is generating lots of speculations and rumours , which keep the idea fresh in people's minds. We will have to see how they market it later on.
>>
>>344289901
>because other companies will imitate it?
So more fucking gimmicks
Im out
>>
>>344291604
>the new IPs don't count because they don't cater to me
>I want three identical boxes
>metacritic is a good judge of games
>wants VR

How can someone have that shit opinions?
>>
>>344294817
Normies jump on new hardware without a second thought, PS4 is proof enough of this. Or hell, if you want more proof look at how fast new smartphones with barely any jump in hardware capability zoom out retailers doors, even without tradein value behind it.

People are brainless when it comes to hardware. I'd even go so far as to estimate only a good 3-5% of people who play games actually know anything about hardware, and far far less know how it functions in any meaningful way.

I want Nintendo not to suck, but my predictions were based on predictable circumstance and buying trends.

People are braindead and buy things on hype is the tl;dr.
>>
>>344294968
Their niche got stolen after the Wii and they have nothing left.
>>
>>344295162
I don't see why gimmicks are always bad in /v/'s eyes. I mean, dual analog was a gimmick back in the day too
>>
>>344295281
As I said, marketing is everything. They can easily get some of the marketing share back by pushing it hard as fuck. If the Xbone recovered from its shit launch by marketing, I believe Nintendo can easily make another consumer base by marketing too
>>
>>344288149
What I hope a shared library means:

>"Well guys, we finished the latest Mario game and since we don't have to make a separate game for handhelds that means we can make a smaller game based off a new idea instead."

What I think it's going to mean:

>"Well guys it's going to take so much time and money to make a Mario game now that all of our resources need to go to that one version and nothing else."
>>
>>344295475
To add on, a hyped Zelda game will guarantee that its launch is at least moderately okay
>>
>>344295668
Nintendo is kinda good at managing budget (Zelda BoTW only needs to sell 2 million copies, while most AAA need to sell around 5). If I'm not wrong, they have a reputation for optimization too. So I'm not that worried.
>>
>>344295302
Dual Analog helped the gameplay
I doubt there's something left to create that would help us to play games more efficiently
And no nintendo, fucking tablet didnt helped shit
>>
>>344296168
Yes, but my point is not all gimmicks are bad
I'll hold my judgement until I see the console itself. If it's like the patent's cloud programming it will be cool
>>
>>344288329
>Pikmin 4 launch title

nope

http://gamerant.com/pikmin-4-update-miyamoto/
>>
>>344296442
>http://gamerant.com/pikmin-4-update-miyamoto/
I don't see any evidence proving your point.
>>
File: feel_man_22.jpg (31 KB, 601x508) Image search: [Google]
feel_man_22.jpg
31 KB, 601x508
>>344294624
Your hopes are so much like mine. I felt so happy reading them and then got to the rest of your post and reality set in..

I just want this to be good
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.