[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Top 3 Overwatch characters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 13
File: 8pMjKAx.jpg (24 KB, 500x285) Image search: [Google]
8pMjKAx.jpg
24 KB, 500x285
What are your top 3 characters to play in Overwatch and why?
Mine are as follows:
Zenyatta: Can spam, heal, and one shot weaker classes, what more could you want?
Junkrat: I can't aim
Reinhardt: Good alt and good abailities, love shielding and always enjoy the concept of melee characters in video games
>Inb4 TF2 fans say I can't enjoy 2 games at once
>>
Maining LĂșcio.
Playing Pharah and Tracer if not
>>
File: IMMeen.png (202 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
IMMeen.png
202 KB, 480x270
>>344286334
>The magic convenience store of I.M. Hungree
>The magic black market front of I.M. Sploding
>>
>>344286334
>le ifunny meme XD
>playing zenyatta
Either summer or autistic confirmed.
>>
>>344286334
>Junkrat: I can't aim
Sounds about right. Junkrat players are literally memes.
>>
top 5 are
>76
Simple and efficient to use, can even end up carrying your team on payload with biotic field if some autist switches from a healer
>Reaper
This is when I feel especially devilish and bring 6 souls to their doom in one q press :^)
>Mcree
My fuck you to tracer and Zarya
>Lucio
because someone's gotta heal
>Hanzo
BECAUSE FUCK YOU I LIKE BEING A WEEB SNIPER MAN
>>
File: 1467935445059.png (3 MB, 2149x3035) Image search: [Google]
1467935445059.png
3 MB, 2149x3035
1. Mercy: cuz I like being a healslut
2. Lucio: Cuz I like healing, jet settin', and shootan
3. Pharah: cuz I love to fly and use my UT 2004 rocket shootan skills to destroy people
>>
Pharah: Direct hits are satisfying as fuck

Roadhog: Feels powerful as fuck

76: Maybe not the most fun to play but I feel like I'm the most useful with him.
>>
>>344286334
>Pharah
favorite character
>lucio
my most played in competitive, I feel like I contribute the most when I'm playing him and wallriding is fun
>genji
I don't get to play him too often since I'm more concerned about the team comp than playing my favorites every time, but I feel like genji has the highest skill ceiling in the game and it's fun to improve on him

I'd also like to get good at widowmaker but I feel so useless on her so I don't play her often
>>
>people who don't actively try to get direct hits with junkrat
Why? Direct hits do so much more fucking damage. His splash damage is nowhere near as good.
>>
>>344286334
>Zenyatta: Can spam, heal, and one shot weaker classes, what more could you want?
Zenyatta is unable to oneshot anyone.
>>
>Genji
Inb4 tryhard fag, i only pick him when it suits team comp and im good with him

>Junkrat
I probably play Junkrat most, hes just so damn versatile

>Zenyatta/Lucio
I like both equally and i need to be able to attack as well as support so Mercy is a no for me
>>
>>344287526
>1. Mercy: cuz I like being a healslut

you like being a sweaty autistic flirting with other sweaty autistics?
>>
>>344288197
his grenades are always touch sensitive, walking over them detonates them. so unless they're just sitting around for the, wat, five seconds it takes for them to actually explode, you're dealing direct damage.
>>
>>344288481
Discord orb, tracer, headshot
>>
bast
trailpig/reinhardt
>>
File: 1465860216625.jpg (41 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1465860216625.jpg
41 KB, 600x338
>D.Va
Being fast and able to scale buildings and jump gaps she's great at flanking and taking out support and snipers.

>Symmetra
Being an annoying cunt and hiding turrets in hard to spot locations is just fun and having a fully shielded team seems to help the team a lot.

>LĂșcio
Knocking people off ledges while healing the entire team will never get boring.
>>
>>344286334
>Zarya
Amazing, just simply amazing. Hopefully most people thinks she sucks so she'll get further buffs?

>Reinahrdt:
Good mix of survivability and damage. He basically have two modes: shield mode and hammer mode. If you know which mode to use at the right time, you'll be an invincible behemoth that crushes the enemy team.

>Winston
Great sniper fucker. Jump in, zap some snipers off their nest, jump out before the rest of the enemy comes to you. The damage is huge if you can keep at it. He sucks against tanks but he rips through squishies.

>tfw Genji tries to deflect the attacks of the three above like a moron.
>>
>>344288712
45*2 (headshot) = 90 damage
discord orb grants an additional 50%, for 45 extra damage
90+45 = 135

Zenyatta cannot one shot anyone or anything other than Symmetra's turrets
>>
>>344288889
Its widely known Zarya is somewhat OP now.

Gone are the days of people ignoring her. She's in most games now ranked and not.
>>
>>344288889
Cant Genji reflect reinhardts energy wave thing?
>>
>>344289043
nope
neither does rein's shield stop it
>>
>>344286334
1) Roadhog, because I love playing as the fat fuck. His playstyle matches his character really well, and I enjoy hiding behind corners to yank the last guy in a line of enemies charging the objective away from his team to quietly murder him.
2) Junkrat, because I love the character. There's also a lot of fairly fun stuff that you can do by using his abilities in clever ways or making trick shots with the grenade launcher. Yes, you can also just spam doorways, but that's boring.
3) Reinhardt, because his abilities lead to some of the best-feeling "Big Damn Hero" moments in the game, like tackling an incoming D.Va mech set to explode and charging it off the point and out of the middle of your team.
>>
>>344289207
Huh ok good to know thx senpai
>>
>>344288754
>trailpig
I have a friend who spent a few days refusing to refer to Roadhog as anything other than "Streetswine" because he read it somewhere and thought it was clever. Shit was fucking obnoxious.
>>
>>344286334
>D.Va
fapbait with fun abilities
>Mercy
Good heal with dat ass
>Symmetra
i love her laidback play style, just pop turrets in doorways and shieldspam everyone
>>
>>344286334

D.Va: Fun and ambush to get enemy off of chokepoints is nice, but she is lackluster most of the time

Pharah: I'm a natural and leading shots and theirs nothing more satisfying than boom.

Reinhardt: Too useful in every match setting, feels like a team leader.
>>
>>344289450

holy shit my english, will delete
>>
>>344289043
>>344289207
yes he can, I've killed several Reinhardt doing it. He can also deflect Symmetra's floating orbs.

My personal favorites are McCree, Genji and Zenyatta/Zarya. Zenyatta is fun until you get cockblocked by a Tracer, Zarya is extremely fun if I'm really on fire, when I play her right I feel like I'm completely unstoppable.
>>
>>344289207
unless they changed that form last week genji can absolutely reflect flamestrike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA9E3BilwIY
>>
>>344289387
t. trashmouse main
>>
>>344289719
wow i hate genji now
nerf this fucking gook
>>
i like zenyatta a lot but he dies if the enemy so much glances in your general direction
>>
File: Mccree_mysteryman.jpg (132 KB, 727x968) Image search: [Google]
Mccree_mysteryman.jpg
132 KB, 727x968
>See a Reaper trying to flank your healer, or a Mei freezing anyone
>stop them dead in the track with a headshot+flashbang+headshot combo
I love this motherfucker, glad he got nerfed though
>>
>>344286334
>Pharah: can missile jump, 120 damage rockets, splash damage, mlg ultimate, environment kills, she has a blue chozo suit and is hot af

>bastion: play defense =/= 50 player kill streak

>Zarya: TOGETHER WE ARE STRRRONG and mlg ultimates
>>
>>344289387
>complainging about people having different names for trailboar
>not having your own collection of pavementpiglet alternate names
>seriously ever referring to freewaybacon by his real name.
>>
>>344290070
I prefer to just call him "the pig" in my native language.
>>
>>344290161
which is?
>>
File: standard_svin_landsvin.jpg (86 KB, 450x278) Image search: [Google]
standard_svin_landsvin.jpg
86 KB, 450x278
>>344290207
grisen
>>
1. Reaper
2. Pharah
3. Reinhardt
>>
>all these pharah mains
Does she need a nerf?
>>
>>344286334
lucio if i'm with friends, pharah in random games. sometimes mercy or symmetra
>>
File: RH.jpg (94 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
RH.jpg
94 KB, 1080x1080
>>344290070
Say "Bacon" one more time...
>>
>>344290371
I'd marry her irl clone.

dont care about the future nerfs
>>
>>344290371
Considering how much Soldier 76 shits on her (and most of the other cast), no
>>
>>344287074
literal memes that always gets golds for damage and objective

also he makes reinhardt their bitch
>>
>>344290371
>Character is popular
>Must need nerfs!
You're on Blizzard's balance team, aren't you? It explains so much.
>>
>>344290487
strips of pork belly, cured in either a brine or by dry packing and then fried.
>>
>>344290603
>medals matter
heh
>>
File: DEATH BLOSSOM.gif (143 KB, 560x212) Image search: [Google]
DEATH BLOSSOM.gif
143 KB, 560x212
Honestly, I love playing Reaper. Flanking with him and killing the enemy from behind feels satisfying
>>
>>344288889
> Genji tries to deflect the attacks of the three above like a moron.

Mah nigga. Seeing a Genji panic deflecting while Rein's hammer smashes his face in is an extremely satisfying feeling.
>>
>>344286334
Most played:
Soldier 76 because well rounded for most encounters. I'm also casual as fuck with Overwatch so I can generally do well with S76 without tryharding.

Roadhog because ez mode one shots. Shitting on Mercys, Lucios, Tracers, and Genjis is satisfying.

Zarya well rounded strong kit and hard carry potential. Generally only pick if we have a super aggressive comp or another tank.

Reaper mostly on defense or if there's double monkey.

Genji is my guilty pleasure who I wish I was good at. Its either I'm destroying with him getting all the deflects, landing perfect headshots, and team wiping on objective for easy win or I'm eating shit and we're practically 5v6.

Want to git gud with:
Pharah - Don't know maps well enough to effectively use. Usually get sniped by WMs.
Hanzo and WM for that solo carry potential.

Rarely play:
Junkrat, Reinhardt, Winston, McCree, Tracer.

Never play:
All builders, all healers, Bastion, Mei, and D.Va
>>
>>344290796
I thought that deflecting hammer still prevented damage to Genji, but just didn't return it?
>>
>>344290796
>panic deflecting
You know that his reflect negates the hammer damage? He's just stalling hoping to get backup or having swift strike ready to escape. Or even better someone on the Reinhardt's team shoots at him so the reinhardt is damaged
>>
>>344290371
No, but most of my teams die because they ignore her
>play Zenyatta
>enemy team immediately picks 2 pharahs after I crush them
>proceed to rape me while my team concentrates on enemy tanks
>>
>>344290608
t. pharah main.
>>
File: ebul.png (128 KB, 478x225) Image search: [Google]
ebul.png
128 KB, 478x225
>>344290993
>Pharah and her twin sister sexually assaulting an unwilling manbot
>>
>>344290956
>>344290980

Oh shit, really? He still dies after two hits with the hammer. But no, it doesn't return the hammer's damage, at least not in a noticeable way.
>>
>>344290993
Whenever our Soldier just neglects the enemy pharah I want to kill myself. But my team first
>>
>>344291128
t. Epic Memelord
I like Pharah, but I don't even think she's in my top ten most-played.
>>
>>344291328
Doesn't return it, but it negates any form of melee damage. It lasts for 2 seconds so it basically never saves him, but it's better to try than to just accept death.
>>
>>344291559
If you time it perfectly, I think it can block two swings from Reinhardt. That can be plenty for you to climb up a wall/dash away/confuse him by double-jumping/get saved by your team.
>>
>Winston
Jumping in and fucking shit up feels so damn good
>Tracer
Fast, very fun gameplay. Blinking all over the place and then having to quickly readjust feels CUHRAYZEE. Also droppping pulse bombs on Bastions
>Mercy
I enjoy healing and flying around the map.
>>
>>344286334
Widowmaker: nice ass and hitscan snipes
Zarya: maximum charge
Tracer: let's go fast luvs
>>
Pharah
D.va
Reinhard
>>
3 most played or most fun to play?
>>
>>344290371
Yeah, she needs her fun factor nerf, it's unfair that flying around shooting rockets is so much more fun than running on the ground.
>>
>>344286334
Mei (is bae)
Soldier 76
Mercy

This is who i pretty much play in competitive
>>
>>344292636
>mei
>competitive
doesn't she have like negative two percent usage?
>>
>>344290026
This. I have a lot more fun with him now that there's not 2 on each side spamming Fan.

I also have high hours with Tracer, D.Va, Symmetra, and Mercy.
>>
>>344290371

Her jetpack needs to be faster. Not only would that make her even more fun to play but it would alleviate somewhat just how easy it is to pick her off with any hitscan weapon.

Seriously she's a fucking slug midair, and you can't even bounce off walls with a rocket like you could in TF2.
>>
>>344293282
>and you can't even bounce off walls with a rocket like you could in TF2.
You can do it with the concussive blast.
>>
>>344293326
But there's very little movespeed with that. I do it all the time and at most it gets me a quick, small burst and the rest of the movement is due to hovering
>>
>>344293326

I said rocket for a reason, it's on cooldown. I don't see why I couldn't sacrifice a bit of my health for a burst of speed.
>>
>>344293471
because fuck off to TF2 kiddo
>>
>>344293558

Nah.
>>
>Junkrat
Best boy, most fun hero in the game.
>Zenyatta
I adore his design and he's loads of fun.
>Lucio
Wallridan, healan, speedboostan, honkan at enemies
>>
Pharah because she's fun and I can aim rockets.
76 because he's well-rounded.
Winston because he's fun.
>>
>>344293643
yah
>>
File: 24141.jpg (64 KB, 900x667) Image search: [Google]
24141.jpg
64 KB, 900x667
I main D.Va. I love when the other team blocks us at a choke, and I fly past, breaking up their team because half panic and chase me, allowing my 5 members to dispatch their three or four members that stayed, then they come save me and take the point.

Otherwise I'm Mercy or Lucio.
>>
>>344293836

Stop being toxic anon.
>>
>Pharah
Airshots and pharah duels are fun
>Tracer
Gives you the best adrenaline rush if you play perfect
>Torb
Braindead defending with a pretty fun gun
>>
>>344286703
>not I. X. Ploding
>>
What's the current meta right now? How viable are the likes of Genji, and Winston?
>>
>>344294067
Double Winston is common in comp.

Genji is kind of poop in comp.
>>
File: 735919124.gif (283 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
735919124.gif
283 KB, 200x200
>having a top 3
>not picking what the team needs in a given situation
>not having at least a passing understanding of how all the heroes work

People who main in class based FPS games are apparently retards.
>>
>>344294135
Who are the best offensive heroes? I'd assume Reaper is one of them, and Pharrah now that Widow and MCcree were nerfed.
>>
>>344294453
Tracer, Pharah, Reaper, Soldier 76.

Double Soldier 76 is very common and very strong.
>>
>Zarya
>Soldier 76
>Roadhog
reasons: they let me to carry the fuckbags i have in my team, high impact heroes that are fucking OP in right situations
i just need someone else to play the cuck classes
>>
>>344294524

>double 76
>not quad 76 with 2 lucios
>on any map, attack or defense

It actually feels like cheating.
>>
>>344294453

S76 is very good, Reaper melts tanks and anyone without a headset on, McCree is deadly at close-mid range with his headshots and Pharah will force a change to S76 or Widow to counter her alone. Tracer is a fooken cont.
>>
>>344294718
>OP in right situations
so perfectly balanced then?
>>
Junkrat: I like his design
Lucio: most useful character by far
Reindhart: HOLD THE LINE
>>
>>344286772
this
>>
>>344294436
i use zenyatta for all situations
>>
>D.Va
I love to bully
>Mei
I love to bully
>Pharah
I love to bully
>>
>>344295292
>I love to bully
>picks characters that are always bullied in every game
>>
File: the slam jam embraces you.png (24 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
the slam jam embraces you.png
24 KB, 800x600
>Reinhardt
Delicious hammer
>Lucio
Speedbosting and wallriding are the most fun movement skills in the game
>Zenyatta
deals/heals a billion damage if played correctly
>>
>>344287074
But a Junkrat who can aim is lethal.
>>
>>344295383
And that's the point
>>
Mercy, tracer, and widowmaker

The last two induce so much team rage the second you pick them that I'm immune to it
>>
>>344296173
Well of course, you're costing them time by throwing the game pre-emptively.
>>
>>344296481
It's funny when I'm behind the enemy team murdering and distracting half the enemy team while pulling 4 gold medals and the rest of the team can't manage to get past the three guys I'm not keeping busy are almost always the games where someone says tracer or widow is shit, the ones where nobody says anything are ones where I feel like the team is actually fighting back

Funny how people thinking tracer/widow are shit pretty much guarantees the team will be useless

In other words: you are shit
>>
I'm convinced Junkrat is a terrible hero. No reason to ever pick him over Pharah and he's useless on KotH - despite the fact that so many people keep picking him on KotH maps.
>>
>>344297149
Tracer and Widow aren't shit, they're really quite OP in the hands of a good player.
Most people who pick them, however, more so Widow, are not good players.
They're not even average players. They're pure, unadulterated shit.
This is because shitters gravitate towards those characters.
And you're most likely one as well.
>>
>>344294453

Soldier is hands-down the best DPS. Reaper is favoured because someone needs to fill the anti-tank role with the McCree nerf. Pharah is used a lot too.
>>
>>344297336

He melts Rein in defense and can block chokepoints with endless spam. Tire is a good way to kill the healers if you're sneaky with it.
>>
>>344297149
No, you see, that's what happens in your mind, because you're a deluded egotist. What actually happens is that you're running somewhere in the back trading shots with some s76 that spends more time on shooting accurate rockets at your Merci or Torbjorn whose turret meanwhile is mowing down your Pharah, or stand on one perch missing 90% of your shots as Widow, occasionalyl activating Ult that doesn't do anything because your team knows perfectly well where enemies are, they just can's kill them without sixth person. you don't actually provide any pushing potential to your team, you're just playing pretend badass hero, and then when you lose you think "wow, my team is so shit, I'm the only one that does anything".
>>
Lucio > he is just a better healer than mercy, but the when the team has both its great

soldier 76 > i love this guy

Mercy> When there is already a lucio on the team, she is fun to play
>>
>>344286334
pharah
bastion
roadhog
lucio
>>
>>344297336
he can lock down small rooms way better than pharah can.
>>
>>344297336
depends on the map, he can deny area pretty well because nobody wants to run into cuckrats grenade shit
>>
>>344299576
Pharah's useless indoors. And because her spread is shit, shooting into doors won't do much most of the time.
>>
>>344297336
He's way better than pharah unless you can't aim, he has comparable mobility, better area denial, better ult, and his trap is basically a guaranteed kill
>>
>>344286334
pharah
lucio
reinhart
I PTFO
I use torb on defence maps
top 4 chars I have played with
>>
>>344298340
If my team was doing anything they would have the medals not me, I know when I'm playing like shit and when I'm doing fine
>>
>>344302174
so if you play reinhardt, win and get a silver and bronze medal, does that mean you're playing like shit?
>>
>>344286334
LUCIO
LUCIO
mercy_
>>
Zenyetta. I just love his design, even his classic skin looks perfect.
Playing is fun because you're managing debuffing, healing shooting and evading at once.

Roadhig is 2nd because I love big guns with low ammo count and hook combo feels satisfying.

3rd is Soldier
>>
>>344302964
No, but if you play tracer and get gold medals for eliminations, damage, time on point, and whatever the other nonhealing medal is, it strongly indicates that your team is playing like shit.
>>
>>344295593

This. Junkrat is a better pharah if you know what you are doing.
Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.