[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Sony charges 14,99 for PS2 games, how much would they charge
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 72992-red-dead-redemption.png (668 KB, 1500x970) Image search: [Google]
72992-red-dead-redemption.png
668 KB, 1500x970
>>
They are called "remasters" and they go from $40 to full priced.

God of War III I think went down for $7 for a sale.

The only good deal is the Drake collection and GoW III
>>
PSNow is a thing. It's kind of overpriced for what you get.
>>
The ps3 has no games, só $0,00
>>
>>344282963
It's not better than playing it on a ps3 though
>>
>>344283098
It's functionally worse as you're streaming it so you're going to get input lag, correct?
>>
Why can't sony make PS2 games for free given the fact they already sold many ps2 titles during the ps3 era "PS2 classics" ?
>>
>>344283168
Yes. And the image is compressed so that's not as good either.
>>
>>344283436
and they charge for that?

Input lag + compressed video = should be a free service at best
>>
>>344283180
Licensing. They could do that with their first party titles, but that's it. To get all the third party PS2 era games re released, they'd have to make new deals with those third parties. Unfortunately, some of those companies have gone out of business and what not, or like there will be a music publisher that doesn't want to re license a song so it'll be removed from a re release and stuff.
>>
>>344283180
Having them for free is a little overkill, but for fuck's sake, at least let me play the goddamn PS2 I already bought during the PlayStation 3 generation.
I'd love to replay the 50 fucking PS2 games I bought back in the day, but no, Sony would rather shoot themselves in the foot with this bullshit practice.
Thank God for emulation, though sadly most PS2 emulation is shit.
>>
>>344282480
>>
>>344283828
Hopefully the PS4K gets PS2 emulation because that would be powerful enough to emulate PS2 games.
>>
Still waiting on Ape Escape 2/3 to come to PS4.
>>
>>344282480
>no backwards compatibility for PS2 or PS3
>instead of putting a good disc I've owned for years to use or getting a disc for cheaper on eBay, I should be buying those exact same games again just to play them on PS4
Unless Rule of Rose or .hack//infected goes up for 14.99 I couldn't give less of a shit of buying the cheevo version of shit I already own.

Why is 8th gen so fucked in the head?
>>
>>344284021
Fuck that the PS2 for PS4 is clearly just emulation.
You think they're remaking these games from the ground up for PS4?
>>
>>344282480
>If Sony charges 14,99 for PS2 games, how much would they charge for a PS3 title?
You do realize that PS3 games are still being released? And it's up to the devs to price their goods?
>>
What about ps1 games most smaller games like mega man legends do not play as well as they do on real ps1s they can at least port them
>>
>>344282480
Try harder, Eurocuck. We don't use a comma in that context.

>Xbone has no games

Fucking hilarious.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.