[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Payday 2 thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: header.jpg (54 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
54 KB, 460x215
Should I refund this?

It really looks like a major grind fest to me and its riddled with DLC Jewery

I bought it for 5$ during steam sale and have 40 min clocked in.
>>
>>344281781
yes, refund immediately, its worse than evolve with their dlc
>>
Too much dlc and most of it is garbage gimmick shit.

At the very least they added a basic sniper rifle and lmg so there isnt any "essential" dlc anymore.
>>
If you have no friends and are having trouble with pubs yes.

Otherwise, have fun in death wish.
>>
It's actually really good

There is a lot of DLC however it's genreally just weapons and being a co-operative game it isn't a big deal if you roll with the defaults, many of which are fine. They also recently buffed the fuck out of builds in general, so they're even less necessary.

It's a game best with friends though, and with the DLC missions, as long as the hosting player has it every player can play in it.

That said if you do decide to buy the DLC once you've played a bit more, I'd wait until a sale, it goes on 75% off quite frequently, so you can get it for virtually nothing.

There was some issues with loot crates and jewish shit like that, but they've since apologised and removed them entirely.

I'd say it's one of the best games of its kind at the moment, I would advise against refunding.
>>
File: empty.png (150 KB, 298x352) Image search: [Google]
empty.png
150 KB, 298x352
As someone with almost 200 hours in this game, I highly recommend refunding it. Even if they have removed the microtransaction fiasco, it's still a piece of shit grindfest full of retarded gimmick dlcs made by retarded devs who are being controlled by an even more retarded publisher. It's a fucking robbery.
>>
refund it immediately
This game took a sudden turn when they introduced p2w features (obviously) and yet they have the nerves to still produce more DLCs
>>
>>344281781
Whole 2/3 of the entire game is behind a DLC paywall at this point, and it's still an unbalanced, buggy mess.

Get rid of it while you still can.
>>
Game was pretty fun untill the power creep started up super hard. Wouldn't be so bad if the mo wasn't "release op dlc, once it's popular nerf it and release more op dlc"

But with friends roleplaying/fucking about it's ok. I still like hoxout from time to time and the music was pretty good.
>>
File: 1467518006714.jpg (77 KB, 328x500) Image search: [Google]
1467518006714.jpg
77 KB, 328x500
>It's another "I'm not going to be patient and wait for everything to cost like 15 or less bux" episode

The DLC are small and not worth it.

When they all get old and become literal change then they add up.

tfw have everything and probably haven't even spent 20.
>>
>>344282601
They have left the publisher now
>>
>buy a game that has been out a while
>shocked that is has DLC

typical underage /v/ poster everyone

Yes return it. Not because the game is bad, I am enjoying it both on solo and as a team. Got about 25 hours in ane still have no feel to stop. But return it because you were stupid enough not to get all the DLC when the Summer sale was on. Costed like 30 bucks without the Biker DLCs (game included). The game is grindy because it would not live otherwise. Imagine if you got everything in your offshore? You would 100% it in a matter of 2 weeks max. That said the grind isn't even that bad, I am able to buy high priced weapons quite often.

Compared to other grindfest, this is the lesser of most evils. Did you not even try the free demo they had all sale? Why the fuck did you even buy it if you didn't like it? And if you didn't, I think you should start wearing a helmet for your safety feom now on anon.

tldr. return it you underage moron. no dlc, no point.
>>
In the end, keep it.

You get more for your money.
>>
I don't understand the criticism that it's grindy?

You can get to max level in like 5 or 6 hours play if you know what missions give decent XP, and all missions are playable from the start, and only the highest difficulty levels are only doable at higher level.

Once you get to level 40ish you should be able to do overkill and then you can get to 80ish pretty much on the same day if you just do overkill missions.
>>
File: 1467669726042.png (189 KB, 304x537) Image search: [Google]
1467669726042.png
189 KB, 304x537
>>344281781
>all these people defending the game since they took out microtransactions
>continue to release overpriced DLC afterwards

just refund that shit
>>
its a great game if you ignore the devs treating you like shit
>>
Keep it, find friends (people in this game are generally cool, especially in normal difficulty), grind is there but quick enough to be satisfying, DLC is unnecessary except for the biker pack because Ron Perlman. It's a good game fa'm
>>
I played it for several hours during the free week

it's pure gold wrapped in just too many layers of DLC garbage.
>>
>>344283680
The DLC literally does not matter at all. It's a co-op game so min/maxing is not needed, the game is easy as shit regardless except on the highest difficulty and the DLC missions (ignoring there is a shitload of non DLC content) are playable as long as one of the four players have it.

And to make it even easier, they go on sale frequently so whatever you could want is usually like 50 cents. I have played the game for years and I doubt I've spent more than 5 dollars on DLC.
>>
Why does it cost $9k to unfold or remove a SPAS-12 stock?
>>
>>344281781
I have played this game for a while and all i can say is play a little bit more before quoting.
Use the time you have before refunding.
I personally like it but the dlc wall is huge so it depends.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.