[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>no Vampire thread fucking Kine baka
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 61
File: jeanette.jpg (75 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
jeanette.jpg
75 KB, 1024x768
>no Vampire thread

fucking Kine baka
>>
>>344281736
money 1.25
>>
Bloodlines was 12 years ago
Get over it, Troika's not coming back
>>
>>344282078
la la la fuck you
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbe3CQamF8k
>>
File: 1452367625358.jpg (142 KB, 1178x1149) Image search: [Google]
1452367625358.jpg
142 KB, 1178x1149
finally started playing it yesterday. I always knew that I would like this game, and surprise surprise I really do.

went with ventrue and I'm in downtown now, the haunted hotel quest was so good

>tfw kind of regret not going tremere but I'll probably play this multiple times
>>
How to install plus patch on gog version(which has 9.5 nonplus patch)?
>>
File: worry face.jpg (21 KB, 389x440) Image search: [Google]
worry face.jpg
21 KB, 389x440
> A friend of mine is a game designer who attended a White Nights conference in St Petersburg. There was a certain polish Paradox representative named Andreea (you can get her full name on the conference site, I don't want it to be googlable in this context). My friend is a big VTMB fan, so they talked and she told him that Paradox has already been approached by 3 different companies with a prototype for a World of Darkness game and they were all shit. And that Paradox is trying to come up with a concept of a game that would include everything World of Darkness has to offer, not just vampires, and so far they can't do it.

Fuck. So Paradox has yet to begin working on anything WoD related.
>>
>tfw threatened David Hatter before I started B-Rated Writer
kill me
>>
>>344284271
Next vtm game will be 4X.
>>
>>344284271
Lot of hints towards obsidian making the next game. Even hinted it to be in like new Orleans and what not but it could just all be memes from company's to mess with our hopes and dreams
>>
>>344284301
Did you ruin VV's quest because of it?
>>
>>344284453
yup
>>
>>344284425
I don't know why people think Obsidian. Just because Paradox published their game? It's not like Obsidian is a subsidiary of Paradox or anything. Not to mention they probably had their own plans set up before Paradox acquired WoD.
>>
>>344285158
Pretty sure many ex-vtmb developers were recently hired by Obsidian. We would be fools to say it's just a coincidence.
>>
File: image.jpg (703 KB, 1520x999) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
703 KB, 1520x999
Reminder that Malks are the best clan and they will be the ones to save us
>>
>>344285886
That's not Nosferatu.
>>
>>344284453
What's wrong with VV's quest?
>>
>>344287586
It's buggy.
You can fuck up her quest before even starting it by intimidating Hatter.
>>
>>344285572
I think the main obstacle is Obsidian had clearly expressed the desire over the years to have and nurture their own IPs and now they have with PoE and upcoming Tyranny. It's dubious whether they'll drop them to work on a licensed product.
>>
>>344284425

>hinted it to be in like new Orleans

that would be awesome
>>
MONEY 10
>>
>>344284425
>Even hinted it to be in like new Orleans
>another game in the US

Why not Germany? Or Denmark with their own unique bloodline from the Followers of Set? There's plenty of places that can be much more fun.
>>
venus is best vtmbfu
>>
File: 02. CEO.jpg (181 KB, 800x444) Image search: [Google]
02. CEO.jpg
181 KB, 800x444
Best dev to do VtmB sequel
>>
>>344285886
is there a gangrel one?
>>
File: Mr._Ox.png (493 KB, 860x860) Image search: [Google]
Mr._Ox.png
493 KB, 860x860
So this guy. Ever wonder what his deal is?

I've seen people call him everything from a vampire (possibly a Malkavian, since every visible Malk including the player has the same mismatched eyes), a kuei-jin, a demon, a mage. Some people familiar with the lore even think he's a Yama King.

The truth is, he's sort of a mix of the above. It's impossibly unlikely he is a Yama King - those motherfuckers are titanic figures of spiritual woe. But it's clear he's from the Thousand Hells, the way the Malk PC reacts to him. Malk PC also immediately understands how Kuei-Jin is born (mainly just to fuck with Ming) even though they didn't know what one was until a night ago. But this is different, Malk doesn't give a shit about Ming, Ox terrifies them.

He's either an Akuma, or a Scorpion Eater. Scorpion Eaters a kind of 'heretical' Kuei-Jin who have submitted to the Yama Kings. Akuma are similar, but they don't have to be Kuei-Jin (and have lost their souls) - they can be Eastern mages or shapeshifters like the landshark.

It's more likely he's an Akuma Kuei-Jin than the other options; this explains his desire to farm bad luck - Akuma serve the Kings by creating disharmony among the Cathayans. If he is a mage though, that means that every setting is represented in some way except for Changeling - which is a good thing.
>>
>>344289335
Yeah, and taxi driver is Caine for sure.
>>
>>344288592
>Or Denmark with their own unique bloodline from the Followers of Set?

I'm not familiar with this. Is this an actual thing, like the Indian and Aztec Setites, or is this something you're pulling out of your ass?

New Orleans was a city sourcebook, just like Los Angeles was. Outside of that, New Orleans has justification for loup-garou werewolves, alligator Gangrel, and the voodoo Samedi bloodline.

Apparently New Orleans is also the "signature setting" for Requiem as well.
>>
File: image.jpg (656 KB, 1520x999) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
656 KB, 1520x999
>>344288917
Yes there is
>>
>>344285886
>>344290112
Is there any truth to SJW rewriting claims I've heard about in the Anniversary book?
>>
File: image.jpg (672 KB, 1520x999) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
672 KB, 1520x999
>>344290402
That's the first time I've heard that claim Anon. Can you be a little bit more detailed?
>>
>>344289854
It's an actual thing. Although I mistaken it with an an actual bloodline. Here some proofs in case you want: http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Hall_of_Jormungandr

>>344290402
There is, although some were better since it helped to further untie certain clans from shitty stereotypes.
>>
File: Grunfeld_Bach.png (976 KB, 984x984) Image search: [Google]
Grunfeld_Bach.png
976 KB, 984x984
>>344281736
Vampire filth needs to burn
>>
>>344288592
>New Orleans
>just another game in the US
Are you kidding me? That place is steeped in dark, brooding, voodooy atmosphere, with cool flavours of Europe and Africa.
>>
>>344282652
I remember watching snatch a while ago thinking this would be a perfect song for a VTM game.
>>
>>344290680
>Hall of Jormungandr

Neat. Those snakes really get around.

Based on a chronicle I'm running right now, a Vampire game set in 1960s England would be absolutely top.

>Toreador Mods and Brujah Rockers fighting it out in the streets
>Gangrel pikeys and Ravnos gypsies fighting it out in the countryside
>Samedi yardies mucking about in the shadows
>Tremere warlocks rising in rank due to breaking ground in India, bringing their blood sorcerers with them
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 239x371) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 239x371
>>344290695
No u
>>
>>344291009
Considering the title theme is literally a ripoff of Angel, it already is.

I think there's another track that's a ripoff of a Portishead song but I'm not as familiar.

Not that it's an issue, really.
>>
File: image.jpg (664 KB, 1498x997) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
664 KB, 1498x997
>>344290632
Time for everyone's favorite murderers and nerds
>>
>>344290402
WW was always SJW. At least, in a good sense back in the day because they didn't automatically assume in written material that their target audience was exclusively basement dwellers. Both pronouns were used freely and interchangeably in the books, there were about as many female vampire examples as male, etc. Entire thing simply has negative connotations these days.
>>
>>344290695
how DOES true faith work anyway? I mean, what power do you invoke that can hurt supernaturals to such a degree?
>>
>mfw seeing femMalk's heavy clothing for the first time
I'm glad this is allowed.
>>
>>344289335
nigga Auspex shows he's a real human bean
>>
>>344281736
My summer vacation just started.

Maybe I'll finish this game...
AGAIN.
>>
>>344291862
power of your faith
>>
>>344281736

is it even possible for a dev like obsidian and paradox to make a game like vtmb in todays market?

would they have to make it more PC to not get destroyed by sjw journos and critics?
>>
EVERY THREAD UNTIL THERE IS NO MORE REGRETS

>https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/jun/05/world-of-darkness-the-inside-story-mmo-ccp-white-wolf
>>
>>344291862
THE TOUCH OF GOD!
>>
File: Luthor Huss.jpg (293 KB, 809x1200) Image search: [Google]
Luthor Huss.jpg
293 KB, 809x1200
>>344291862
True Faith lights a fire on the inside in a man that he can lash out with.
>>
>>344291707
It's less that they were SJWs, and more that they knew VtM had a much stronger appeal to a female demographic - which were essentially the equivalent to basement dwellers, loser goth girls.

>>344291862
True Faith varies in potency. It's explained that if a nun believes hard enough that God has blessed her water and that it can harm the damned, it will outright burn the fuck out of a vampire. And holy buildings have an equivalent rating to the most devout person there, to the point where vampires physically can't enter it without experiencing great pain and fear.

But that's rare, especially now. There are Sabbat agents in the Vatican. Probably not literally, but there are literally bishops that are Lasombra.
>>
>>344292135
It absolutely is. It's not like Bloodlines was archaic or obtuse in its design. Only thing devs would would probably switch would be changing how firearms skill works aka so it doesn't determine your chance to hit anymore and crosshair steady time. Bloodlines otherwise feels like a pretty modern game.
>>
>>344285886
That's a cute boy with a very lewd belly.
>>
>>344292012
That does not stop him from being an Akuma mage.
>>
Is there a Malkavian that's mental disability is that he's actually sane but he doesn't know it so he's going crazy thinking what his disability is?
>>
>>344292624
Grout?
>>
File: image.jpg (659 KB, 1454x994) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
659 KB, 1454x994
>>344291472
>>
>>344292624
Alistair Grout goes slowly insane, but is lucid enough to recognize that he is.

So I'd say, yeah, a Malk could probably go insane by insisting they're sane.
>>
>>344292919
A lot of times Malkavians just ignore the sanity dichotomy and believe whatever they have is just a benefit.

Netchurch's derangement is OCD and it pretty much only helps him. It's his strictly secular viewpoint that is his real weakness.
>>
>>344293184
A secular vampire? How secular are we talking? Only familiar with this lore through Masquerade, so this thread is pretty fun
>>
Who would win in an all out war between Kuei Jin and Western vampires?
>>
File: 1384582256389.gif (474 KB, 188x174) Image search: [Google]
1384582256389.gif
474 KB, 188x174
>>344293350
its hem, its... some nice presence webm you got there
>>
>>344292624
Malkavian madness is a spectrum, you just usually see the most demented Malkavians because it's easy to establish clan identity that way. It's clear Grout didn't go completely mental overnight.
>>
>>344293384
Like Beckett and Grout, Netchurch believes there is zero supernatural aspect to being a vampire.

He believes in psychic powers, but as a scientific anomaly rather than a magical glamour. True faith is at best a psychic gestalt that interacts with a quirk within the oft-superstitious vampire mind. Thaumaturgy is highly complex reality warping through some psychical projection. And so on.

His mindset has made him an absolute expert in vampire physiology (just as its made Beckett an expert in vampire history), but it's not only foolish, we know he's outright wrong. But you'll never convince him of that.

He literally only believes in it once he comes face to face with the resurrection of the Setite antediluvian.
>>
>>344291707
>Appealing to female players
>SJW
SJW doesn't mean "anything related to women". If you act like it does, then you're only helping them.
>>
>>344293654
>>344292863
>>344292919
While Grout is a good example, his madness is mostly borne out of paranoia and impending dread informed by his connection to the Malkavian Madness Network; which I suppose does tie in to his descent into madness, since his derangement is auditory hallucinations - much like the ones the player hears, only much more intense.

Usually, a Malkavian's derangement is also their main connection with the Network.
>>
Just started this yesterday, having a lot of fun so far. What changes based on your clan though? It seems like just stats and abilities so far.
>>
>>344294106
Depending on the mod, extra missions
>>
first playthrough, so far every anarch I've run into has been insufferable

guess I'm teaming up with the camarilla if there's a choice coming up
>>
>>344294106
Tremere gets a new haven, Malkavian and Nosferatu have a very different experience of the game due to having to play the game differently and new dialog.
>>
>>344293726
Well, damn. Getting more interested in World of Darkness by the minute
>>
>>344294106
Nosferatu and Tremere get different apartments, I think all clans get special dialogue but Nos and Malk get the most.

>>344294229
Nines and Skelter are fairly personable and Jack is a cool dude. By the time you get to Hollywood, you can meet more agreeable anarchs.
>>
>>344294106
That's basically it, as well as different reactions by NPCs if you're malkavian or nosferatu. You get the same dialogue as normal if you're malkavian, but rephrased with a wacky font and a couple spoilers inserted.

For roleplaying purposes remember that you're not just your clan. You're a kid from santa monica who woke up a vampire.
>>
>>344294417
Be careful, Bloodlines is a gateway drug.

You'll get into the lore, consume pretty much all of it, and then realize that you'll be very unlikely to find anyway to play the tabletop with you so it's just lore binging.

There are Lasombra that are essentially Spanish shadow vampire pirates, by the way.
>>
If remake with better graphic only, everything is intact and perhaps any cut content is added back, most of the bugs get fix, will /v/ buy it ?
>>
>>344294582
I always liked Lasombra. They're basically Ventrue who don't fuck around and have power to back up their claims. Shame they kinda historically got screwed over by investing into religion heavily only for it to be kinda phased out in favor of finances and businesses running the world. And they have to contend with Tzimisce who are yet another lordly clan.
>>
>>344294582
So no one plays the tabletop game anymore?
>>
How do I overcome the Grout Mansion bug where going to the bedroom triggers the vampire hunter? I get stuck in the room w/o the event triggering and i console'd it but the ventrue fuck won't recognize that I "finished" the quest.
>>
>>344294875
The corsairs are cool because they're vaguely the equivalent to Lasombra anarchs - still nominally Sabbat, but don't give a shit about anything except piracy.

>>344294878
People do, but they're much rarer than your typical D&D guys - which is unfortunate, since that's your most likely place to find anyone interested. A good portion of them also moved onto Vampire: the Requiem, which is much more simplified - I won't start a shitfit among people who prefer one to the other, but it's more accessible at least.

I actually managed to set up a group, but I always have to be storyteller since I read all the books and know most of the lore (plus no one can make shit up either before or on the spot like I can in my group).

I'm still waiting for the goth chicks I was supposed to score with this damn game.
>>
>>344295249
What version are you playing?
Try to replay from the early save.
>>
>>344295249
Re doing the mission and frequent saving.
>>
Are the tabletop games actual board games?
>>
>>344294878
People play, you have to find them.
>>
>>344295752
>Are the tabletop games actual board games?

No, they're pen and paper RPGs like Dungeons and Dragons.

Except it's a little gayer because it's closer to live theater than dungeon crawling.

It's a ROLE PLAYING game as opposed to a role playing GAME.
>>
>>344295752
Do you mean like Warhammer? No. There is a card game though.
>>
>>344295879
Fair enough, it's just I've barely played even D&D. Found it fun, but won't it be even tougher to find anyone that would play with a noob?
>>
>>344295752
Keep in mind people use "tabletop" interchangeably for roleplaying games and wargames like Warhammer, for example. What complicates matters further is some properties like Warhammer have both -. miniatures wargame with their own army books and Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying series with its supplemental books.
>>
>not playing a Toreador slut who makes the mortals beg for it

lmao
>>
>>344295348
>>344295390
I tried that but it didn't work. I'm pretty sure I was playing the latest ones.
>>
File: shame.jpg (99 KB, 990x775) Image search: [Google]
shame.jpg
99 KB, 990x775
>>344295939
>Except it's a little gayer because it's closer to live theater than dungeon crawling.

That would actually be LARP, or Mind's Eye Theater in case of World of Darkness. if you ever get invited to MET, don't go. It's a bunch of maladjusted weirdos pretending they understand politics when they're actually there for their fetishes.
>>
File: dong.png (33 KB, 234x347) Image search: [Google]
dong.png
33 KB, 234x347
>>344296530
>when they're actually there for their fetishes
>>
>>344296530
many a goth got laid thanks to masquerade back in the 90s
>>
>>344296530
This is why you go as a Nosferatu after chainsmoking a week before to have a properly gravelly voice and stalk the bathrooms.

Also, from left to right: Ventrue, Malkavian, Tremere, Toreador.

>>344296862
That's always been the point of V:tM.

White Wolf released a damn erotic novel.
>>
>>344296493
You went with the plus version, didn't you?
>>
>>344297249
I am married because of Masquerade
>>
File: SCARED.png (757 KB, 706x608) Image search: [Google]
SCARED.png
757 KB, 706x608
>tfw doing ghost hotel for the first time
>>
>>344297416
>Plays Vampire: the Masquerade
>Ends up dead inside with a bloodsucking monster

Figures
>>
>>344297356
What do you mean?
>>
>>344297510
I am tired of this goddamn forced spook factor.

Hotel is as spooky as a children's haunted house. It's full of extremely predictable and boring 'spooks' and is just an extremely watered down reference to the Shining.

The only spooky place in the entire game for me was Gimble's torture cellar. It's such a brief quest, but the entire thing is detailed to show just what a fucked up serial killer he was.

>Amputees must wait up front
>>
>>344297510
>Main lobby good
>Basement good
>Go level two, shit shit what the shit, nope nope just run
>>
What's up with vampire threads lately? Is there something I don't know (apart from Paradox having the WoD IP)?
Usually they only pop up around halloween when we all gather and replay in a cozy, cold autumn night.
Anyways, my last build was a Tremere thaumaturgy gunslinger. In the end he was basically unstoppable (except that one time I tried to roast the sheriff and the flames of the thrower came back down on me).

Also, does any of you have a good idea for a "Count Orlock" build? I am specifically orienting on the 70s Kinski film because I found the army of rats and the pestilence he brings pretty cool - Animalism will thus be the main thing, but how else can I develop him? Obviously no weapons, so I should probably go for Potence as secondary. And I am undecided whether I make him a hacker or not. I mean, Count Orlock doesn't know what a computer is, but on the other hand, this one was just embraced and thus might already be well versed in computer matters.
>>
>>344297646
There is two versions of the unofficial patch, the lus which adds some shitty quests and changes some disciplines and the basic version which is just to remove bugs. Or you didn't even patch it?
>>
File: vamp_smiling jack-face.jpg (40 KB, 299x382) Image search: [Google]
vamp_smiling jack-face.jpg
40 KB, 299x382
>>344297776
>mfw it took me three playthroughs to realize you can send Gimble to Vandal as blood doll replacement if you do said quests in right order
>>
>>344297776
The Gimble cellar? Come one, the serial killer in Swat 4 was creepier.
The snuff studio under the internet cafe, though... That was creepy as hell.
>>
>>344297556
>Ends up dead inside with a bloodsucking monster
You have a very poor view of marriage.
>>
>>344297915
I patched it. Maybe I did get the plus version but there's separate exes for that right?
>>
>>344298028
No, it's an option that shows up during the installation.
>>
>>344297867
Bloodlines just something, like always have something new to discuss. Plus, not much vampires games stand really stand out than Bloodlines
>>
>>344297867
Summer sale just happened, Paradox directly trademarked Bloodlines, etc.
>>
>>344281736

She's the finger down your spine when all the lights are out~
>>
>>344297952
>tfw accidentally pick the persuasion option so I can't send him there and have to fight him instead

At least I get a free severed arm

>>344297997
Snuff studio was funny to me. That fucking zebra.

>>344298016
It was clearly a joke.

I would expect a man in your position to recognize gallows humor.
>>
TAUGHT THROUGH FEELINGS
>>
>>344297952
That's what makes Bloodlines and games like Deus Ex so amazing. I honestly find something new every playthrough
>>
>>344297867
You usually have at least one Vampire thread a day that goes the whole day.

It's like New Vegas threads.
>>
>>344293497
>implying either side could unify all the factions for this fight
>>
>>344298331
stupid cunt needs to be kept in the bathroom
>>
>>344293497
The average Kuei-Jin is marginally stronger than the average Vampire.

But elder Vampires are both more powerful and more prevalent than elder Kuei-Jin.

Regardless
>>344298484
is right.

It's telling that the Indian Kuei-Jin and the Indian Vampires were and even after the Week of Nightmares still are locked in a cold war.
>>
File: shit.jpg (25 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
25 KB, 250x250
>mfw that mission in the museum
>all those fucking cameras

I was tempted to run through the whole damn place and just kill everyone. Hell, I had to run through those lasers, because I couldn't find a way around them or to turn them off.

And that fucking raptor.
>>
Gimble was a nosferatu ghoul. There are boxes labeled Gimble in the noferatu lair.
>>
File: 1448992370079.jpg (15 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1448992370079.jpg
15 KB, 400x400
>>344298331
>tfw got her killed

but then I had to restart anyway so the second time I kept her alive, therese a shit
>>
File: halal.jpg (80 KB, 640x539) Image search: [Google]
halal.jpg
80 KB, 640x539
>>344298763

Yesso more guys will write her name on the men's room walls.
>>
>tfw Nosferatu
>know for a fact you will get treated like shit by everyone in the game for being a goblin
>Jeanette still flirts with you
>"We're all dead meat on the inside, kitten."

She and Trip are the best. For all the hate you get, Nosferatu is the player that gets the most love.
>>
>>344298934
he was just ordering shit from them
>>
>>344298934
>There are boxes labeled Gimble in the noferatu lair.

Or, those are information stockpiled by the Nosferatu about Gimble, most likely from Knox and Tung.
>>
>>344298361
pardon my tiredness then.
>>
File: Arcanum_cover_copy.jpg (40 KB, 248x300) Image search: [Google]
Arcanum_cover_copy.jpg
40 KB, 248x300
This seems like a fitting thread to ask:

Is Arcanum gud? I'm looking for a nice RPG to play through the rest of July.
>>
>>344299143
the latest one

for some reason he/she's not a thinblood, though
>>
>>344299143
People have determined that the player has to be at least 8th generation from the start based on their starting stats.
>>
>>344299143
8th judging by his blood pool.

>>344299235
Yes, it's great, magic is broken and guns are shit.
>>
>>344299089

>"We're all dead meat on the inside, kitten."

That's deep, man.
>>
>>344299267
Just because they're a very recent embrace, doesn't mean they're a high generation one.

Your sire could easily be a 7th generation vampire. Whether they embrace you in 2004 or in 1504, you're going to be an 8th generation.
>>
>>344299235
Arcanum is fantastic but avoid Harm spam and Tech/guns takes a lot more work and patience for the build to not suck.
>>
>>344284271
>And that Paradox is trying to come up with a concept of a game that would include everything World of Darkness has to offer, not just vampires, and so far they can't do it.
Seems like a bad idea. Make separate games. Don't try to mash all of it into a single title.
>>
>>344299267
That means his sire isn't a 11th gen
>>
>>344299867
What exactly makes it so complex to include all the different lores from WoD?

I thought in the WoD universe, all the supernatural beings co-exist in some way.
>>
>>344299867
I mostly agree with this, but I think having a couple settings mixed in isn't too bad. I mean, Wraith explains all of the necromancy in the game.

>>344300046
You can go as low as 14th generation without being a thin-blood. Half of the 14th and all of the 15th are thin-blood.
>>
File: VTMB info.jpg (689 KB, 1200x2268) Image search: [Google]
VTMB info.jpg
689 KB, 1200x2268
Posting this, so it's in the thread in case any first time player comes along and asks for it.
>>
>>344300287
Even White Wolf has discouraged mixing all the settings (though a good part of this is so people don't make the technically possible but overpowered and retarded vampire werewolf mage changeling).

Werewolf has an insane cosmology in comparison to the other settings, Changeling is pretty much detached from all the other settings in terms of their lore.

Mage and Wraith are the only settings with an explicit tie to Vampire.
>>
>>344300287
putting them all in one game would inevitably lead to some aspects getting watered down, and it's not like you can be a mage/vampire/werewolf at the same time without it getting ridiculous.
>>
>>344294582
>consume pretty much all of it
Yeah right. This is literally impossible. I've been into Vampire for years and I'm still finding new shit I had no idea existed left and right.
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 265x410) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 265x410
>you will never shitposter with your Nossie bros in the sewers
Feels bad kindred
>>
File: 1467535166254.png (693 KB, 537x538) Image search: [Google]
1467535166254.png
693 KB, 537x538
>>344300820
I wonder whether Nosferatu watch chink cartoons like real shut-ins

imagine centuries-long feuds over their favourite waifus
>>
>>344296298
Tabletop is a generic term for basically every non digital game you play on table which may or may not be metaphorical, like board games, card games, RPGs, etc.
>>
>>344300820

>in the sewers

Oh wow, you would, in a sense, quite literally be shitposters. Now that's a dream worth striving towards.
>>
Harley Quinn has nice tits.
>>
File: vampire lords.jpg (142 KB, 978x685) Image search: [Google]
vampire lords.jpg
142 KB, 978x685
>>344300996

Kek, I can see it now.
>>
>>344300996
Who do you think started that shit?
>>
>>344300820
>shreck-net is just Nossies shitposting about the other clans
>>
>>344300820
Are Nosferatus the Vampire robots?
>>
>>344300996
>19th century Nosferatu Orientalists arguing with each other over the merits of particular Japanese watercolors of maidens in the Parisian catacombs

They don't really actually have the time for that, they're supposed to be snooping around for the clan.
>>
>>344300287
If you're trying to make a game where each is playable, then you necessarily dilute the experience of each.

Bloodlines already included stuff from a bunch of other core books. Focusing on one doesn't mean the others can't be present at all. But that's exactly what you should be doing: focusing.
>>
>>344301412
and sharing Jeanette's nudes

there's probably some white knight janny who bans them for it
>>
>>344284425
>Obsidian
>New Orleans
Well there goes my interest
>>
>>344301453
Not really. They're tremendously ugly but they have immense clan loyalty, which no robot really possesses.

In short, Nosferatu are more outgoing than robots.
>>
>>344301514
Yeah I definitely think vampires should still be the main focus but they should definitely include more of the lore from WoD. Seems like there's so much material to work with
>>
>>344301514
I think you are kinda right.
I still would have loved more clans. Fleshcrafters, Salubri, those with the third eye. I even tried that one mod, but it was merely reskin bullshit.
>>
>>344301453
>fucking ventures get out of my sewers REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>344301517
Trying to ban a Nossie is like giving a Grangel a bath. Fucking pointless
>>
>>344301412
Schrecknet is basically Schreckchan, where Nossies can shitpost about other people and share top secret information (like nudes and dirty secrets).
>>
File: Therese_Voerman.png (916 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
Therese_Voerman.png
916 KB, 1024x1024
>hurr I wanna be the prince of Santa Monica

great fucking ambition the place is a dump
>>
>>344301718
>Salubri, those with the third eye

These are the same.

And there are only seven Salubri in existence.

At this point it is literally the most special snowflake clan. Might as well be a Harbinger of Skulls.
>>
File: Imalia.png (560 KB, 806x806) Image search: [Google]
Imalia.png
560 KB, 806x806
i kinda want to fuck imalia
>>
>>344301924
Los Angeles itself is a backwater slum for the vampire world.
>>
File: 20160708195553_1.jpg (338 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160708195553_1.jpg
338 KB, 1920x1080
Just started playing this yesterday, and I have been very disappointed by literally everything but roleplaying and dialogue.

Let me say this first, I have no problem with old games

That said, the level designs, environment designs or whatever you call it is absolutely fucking dogshit horrible. There is no excuse for this type of lazyness and imcompetence in any era. Every single fucking level, building, room looks like it was dnoe by a 12 year old kid in Gmod.

This isn't a tech related problem, it's about being fucking lazy and incompetent.

Also don't fucking call me autist or anything, level design is important, it should be immersive.
>>
>>344301718
The Final Nights mod only redeeming quality is how it treats the disciplines. Quite faithful to the source material as it could be, sometimes even better than their Vanilla counterparts.

>>344301947
You're forgetting about the furies, the Antitribu guys seeking revenge. There's also the watcher caste.
>>
>>344302035
Nosferatu Please leave
>>
>>344301924
therese and jeanette a cute
>>344302035
begone, nossie scum
>>
File: cpt dramatic.png (492 KB, 909x909) Image search: [Google]
cpt dramatic.png
492 KB, 909x909
will ventrue fucking shits EVER learn
>>
>>344302035
Bitch should recognize she's extremely attractive for a clan where you can literally end up as boneless goop.

Hell, she could probably get away with doing camshows as a very alternative body modification chick.
>>
>>344302240
spooky red eyes
>>
>>344302103
Here's your (You).
>>
>>344302240
>Anarchs on my message board
Don't you have some protest to do, you communist fucks.
>>
>>344302172
>You're forgetting about the furies, the Antitribu guys seeking revenge. There's also the watcher caste.

Still pretty special snowflake. Actual bloodlines would be nice. Baali, Kiasyd, Samedi, True Brujah, that Aztec Setite bloodline with Protean I can never spell correctly.

>>344302240
He's a failure of a Ventrue and doesn't reflect the clan, which is THE most successful clan.
>>
>>344302189
>>344302238
>>344302253
imalia is actually pretty hot
i'd give her a good wig before doing anything though
>>
What's the best way to go through it again as somebody who has beaten it like 12 times?

I'm not even sure what I can do at this point that I haven't already. I tried the plus patch in an earlier version, but I don't remember it changing a whole lot.
>>
File: 1375087453883.gif (2 MB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
1375087453883.gif
2 MB, 240x180
>>344297510
every time I replay I run through ghost hotel like a mad man and keep my camera faced down cause I'm a little bitch who is scared by everything
>>
File: 1465849089439.jpg (15 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1465849089439.jpg
15 KB, 250x250
>>344302382
Everything about VTMB besides roleplaying/dialogue is pure fucking garbage mate.
>>
Which ending is the best?

Independent ending > Tremere ending > Camarilla ending > Anarch ending
>>
>>344302697
opening it
>>
>>344302568
I can deal with bald chicks, it's her tumorous arms I'm having a problem with.
>>
>>344302674
"I disagree"
>>
>>344302697
But Tremere ending is the Camarilla ending, no?

>>344302747
Don't.
>>
>>344302568
I'd sooner fuck a Ravnos then a Nosferatu. Hell I'd sooner fuck one of those zombies than a Nosferatu.
>>
>>344302674
Nah atmosphere and gameplay outside of combat is stellar. Level design is actually good with only a few glaring obstacles.

>>344302697
Werewolf ending.
>>
>>344297952
3 playthroughs and I still never knew, that's cool. Thanks
>>
>>344302769
come on anon it'll be fun
like getting a handjob from someone using oven mittens

>>344302852
i don't want to fuck "a nosferatu" i just want imalia
>>
>>344302674
T.shit eater
>>
>>344302035
Boss?
>>
>>344302842
I think he's distinguishing between opening it and not opening it.
>>
>>344303016
why wouldn't you open it, because some beach bitch told you not to? grow a pair
>>
>>344302852
Ravnos don't have any physical deformities.
>>
>>344302562
>He's a failure of a Ventrue and doesn't reflect the clan, which is THE most successful clan
I have no idea how he survived for two centuries.
>>
>>344303087
I will trust Papa Beckett, senpai.
>>
>>344303278
he's a furry faggot
>>
>>344303224
By having a big fucking monster gorilla as a bodyguard?
>>
>>344303087
>calling Rosa some "beach bitch"
How dare you! You... you double neon8!
>>
>>344303358
He wasn't with him right from embracing.
>>
>>344303176
>indians
>no physical deformities
they didn't need the embrace for that fampai
>>
>>344303473
Being a qt twink has its perks.
Even as a kindred.
>>
>>344302103
i kind of agree with you though, there's some ups and downs in the level design of the game so i wouldn't call the whole game lazy, but there's some shit here and there that makes me want to kill myself specially since there's so much going back and forth in the game that it gets really tiresome very quickly, the whole Docks part looks unfinished and empty as fuck, and so is stuff like the ship and the museum with its shoddily implemented pseudo stealth section

let's not even mention the completely lifeless clubs

the whole game does have a really good atmosphere though
>>
>>344303473
He probably kept a low profile until he reached a position of power or seized power after aquiring said gorilla, I dunno.
>>
>>344302945
You can also send Patty there all the way from Downtown.
>>
>>344303224
Here is my headcannon. LaCroix is at least a 7th gen vampire, and is actually a proficient user of Dominate - this is how he's able to keep the Sheriff under control (who has to be 7th gen in order to turn into batzilla), and how he's survived.

But it's made him a complacent bitch without any real persuasive skills - something the Ventrue recognize, and frown on those who rely on their discipline instead of diplomatic acumen.

So the French Ventrue sent him to Africa when they were colonizing it - perfectly fitting for a Dominate abusing imperialist. He manages to cow a Nagloper into his slave bodyguard, which affords him enough protection.

Then he fucks up royally due to his failure at real planning and diplomacy, and this gets him sent to Los Angeles, an extreme backwater.

And now he's degenerated even further due to the humility and lack of respect, so he's essentially having a reserved (most of the time) tantrum the entire time.
>>
>>344303630
nigga survived Napoleon Wars, show some respect
>>
>>344303627
Do you people not remember what games were like in 2004 or something?
>>
>>344303630
>kept a low profile until he reached a position of power
>impatient jerk LaCroix
Pick one.
>>
>>344303854
>take musket to the face
>wound closes and regenerates a few seconds later
real survival skills
>>
>>344303541
>The older, tougher kindred offering protection to the new generation in exchange for "favours".

Lewd.
>>
>>344304123
i've seen better made maps and less lifeless sections in older games, anon

i love the game but you gotta be able to point out its mistakes without "hurr its uuld" because time is not an excuse for bad decisions
>>
File: Cab_Driver.png (85 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Cab_Driver.png
85 KB, 250x250
Where to?
>>
damsel is best girl
>>
>>344303627
All these cons become visible only on the second run.
>>
>>344304627
fuck off Caine it's your fault
>>
>>344304627
Yeah cain you take me downtown? I gotta tell some french chucklefuck I'm not doing his dirtywork any more.
>>
>>344304627
NOT HERE
>>
Who sent hint about sarcophagus location to the archeologist?
>>
>>344304627
Just drive.
>>
File: 66-LAC00.jpg (77 KB, 640x580) Image search: [Google]
66-LAC00.jpg
77 KB, 640x580
>>344303224
By being a speechcraft glass cannon, I imagine. Keep in mind Camarilla doesn't have official challenge by combat to resolve political situations like Sabbat does meaning it's all about influence and backstabbing while political about it. Perfect place for someone like LaCroix especially when you have a gorilla for bodyguard. He simply found himself outplayed and eventually ran into you.
>>
>>344303176
>having sex with unwashed Indian thieve
They are a physical deformity of the world
>>
File: Velvet_Velour.png (544 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
Velvet_Velour.png
544 KB, 1024x1024
I want to reassure VV!
>>
>>344302562
la croix is a perfect stereotypical ventrue, though. that doesn't make him outstandingly good at it. it just means he THINKS he's hot shit.
>>
>>344304578
None of that means anything. Bloodlines has better maps and more life than the majority of RPGs released at that time. Does Bloodlines have the best level design of all time? No. Do it's hubs have the most lively NPCs of all time? No. That doesn't mean that there were bad decisions made. You'd have to have a completely fucked up sense of scale and context to seriously believe that.
>>
>>344305260
Is she a true toreador or just a poser?
>>
>>344305260
Susan is a whore
>>
>>344304920
Either Jack or Chinese vampires
>>
>>344305483
a true artiste!

>>344305494
don't you EVER call her that name again
>>
>>344305304
>la croix is a perfect stereotypical ventrue, though

Most Ventrue are not as incompetent and do not lose their shit like he did.

The most you're allowed as a Ventrue is a furrowing of the brow and a clipped tone. Unless it's a Lasombra, where you're allowed biting sarcasm.

>>344305483
Have you read her poetry? Poseur all the way.
>>
>>344285886
>>344290112
>>344290632
>>344291472
>>344292902
I like the world, I like the setting, but goddamn are the books shit.

That art is fucking atrocious.
>>
>>344305483
Poser
>strip tease is to dance as finger paintings are to painting
>>
>>344305709
I liked her poems.
>>
>>344305749
>but goddamn are the books shit.

The books are the most entertaining splats of any sort of RPG I've gotten into.

Fuck off faggot it was the 90s.
>>
>>344290695
Fuck off Bach, there's a gargoyle with a higher True Faith rating than you.

A creature created by Tremere blood magic has more faith in God than a normal human, highest kek.
>>
>>344305907
So you're a poseur too.

To be fair, becoming a Toreador kills your creativity.
>>
>>344305986
Well thematically it makes sense for a Gargoyle to be true of faith.

That Gargoyle gets vaporized by God despite his Faith rating anyway.
>>
overall i loved this game, but the ending doesn't make sense
>>
I saw someone in a thread last night say that all of VTMB takes place in a single night, but I've not found evidence to back that up. Is it true?
>>
>>344305663
Susan is a total slut
>>
I used to make the ghoul lady wear slutty clothes and then masturbate
>>
File: owod_dark-ages_vampire_ventrue.jpg (2 MB, 2334x1598) Image search: [Google]
owod_dark-ages_vampire_ventrue.jpg
2 MB, 2334x1598
>>344305749
It's recolored old art from the 90s. Give them a break. I still think Dark Ages Vampire was the most visually consistent and appealing out of everything WW ever put out. It was also tight as fuck.
>>
>>344306260
Why not?
>>
>>344306260
>but the ending doesn't make sense

Nah it's fine if you were paying attention.
>>
>>344306260
Jack and Caine were butt buddies, what's not to get?
>>
>>344306469
I want to punch him
>>
File: VampireDamsel.jpg (161 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
VampireDamsel.jpg
161 KB, 1280x1024
>>344304660
you're goddamn right son
would bang her so hard
>>
>>344306294
Considering all the things you can do, people you can talk to, and distances you have to travel I sincerely doubt it takes place in anything less than two weeks.

Also I believe the Cathayan in Santa Monica has been monitoring you for 3 days or something according to his laptop reports.
>>
>>344306593
I can hear Jack laughing at you from here.
>>
>>344306297
Id let her swing on me
>>
>>344306294
If a fledgling vampire could develop his powers that much in a single night, he'd be a fucking terrifying monster and everyone would be trying to kill or diablerize him on sight.
>>
>no Werewolf game set in Australia
>no Werewolf game at all

In the lore 'Straya has a high population of werewolves in the wild, and major cities have a vampire population (Melbourne is a Camarilla city, Adelaide has a Kuei Jin presence, and Perth is a Sabbat city). A kind of werewolf called the Bunyip came from Australia but they got wiped out. Basically zero other WoD entities, mages have hard time for some reason (I forgot, it's on the wiki).

Tl;dr >tfw you will never play as a shitposting bogan werewolf
>>
File: the feels.jpg (393 KB, 1080x1522) Image search: [Google]
the feels.jpg
393 KB, 1080x1522
>>344306306
>>
>>344305749
the art is tumblr tier for sure
>>
>>344305953
>>344306306
I don't think they used the same art in the original release. They just fucked it up with shitty art in the 20th Anniversary.
>>
>played as gangrel
>easy as fuck, just killed everyone
love this game
>>
>>344307013
>played as any clan
>easy as fuck, just killed everyone
>>
>>344304660
>Not wanting to get some sick vampire STDs from Jezebel

It's like you want to live a safe unlife and shit
>>
>>344307264
>played as toreador
>easy as fuck, just got raped by everyone
>>
>>344306294
You spend at least four hours driving back and forth.

You spend an hour going from Santa Monica to LA to Santa Monica to LA.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 61

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.