[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>terrible script >terrible voice acting >cringeworthy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 11
File: logo-ffx.png (31 KB, 414x251) Image search: [Google]
logo-ffx.png
31 KB, 414x251
>terrible script
>terrible voice acting
>cringeworthy curscenes

and yet, I can't stop playing it. what is this sorcery?
>>
>>344280215
Fun
>>
Great gameplay
>>
The gameplay is good and the saving grace of the game
>>
You have shit taste.
Sorry, OP.
>>
>>344280215
Play the game using Japanese voices.
Also the game has a Journey structure you want to know what happens next regardless of quality.
And its fun to play.

I remember Last remnant i cant remember what the actual story of the game was about.
But it was fun as fuck.
And had amazing music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KPjPBCLaPg.
>>
>>344280215
Because the game is good, but you've been told to hate it.
>>
>>344280996
Not to mention the music.
>>
Game IS great and also nostalgia (??)
>>
FFX is great. Your complaints apply to FFXIII
>>
>>344280215
This game would have been my favorite of the series if it didn't have 30 minutes of unskippable cutscenes for every 10 minutes of running through a narrow hallway.
>>
>>344284824
FFX isn't narrow hallways. Even when it's linear there are plenty of sidepats and NPCs
>>
>>344280215
I think it did a decent job at making it feel like a journey. I definitely remember feeling a sense of catharsis when I reached Zanarkand.
>>
File: Yuffie.jpg (378 KB, 619x1000) Image search: [Google]
Yuffie.jpg
378 KB, 619x1000
FFX is the last true Final Fantasy.

Everything after has been 100% trash.

After that, they ruined their main series namesake with an MMO, did the first direct sequel to a Final Fantasy, and went on to completely trash everything we loved about Final Fantasy 7.
>>
File: 1458837649070.jpg (88 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1458837649070.jpg
88 KB, 1280x720
>>344280215

>terrible voice acting?
>>
>>344285674
>its another "misses the point of the scene" thread
>>
>>344284824
but we're talking about FFX not FFXIII
>>
>>344285285
>FFXI was 100% trash
kids these days
>>
>>344285908
XIII still would have sucked even if wasn't a hallway simulator. The only halfway decent characters are Sazh and Hope.
>>
>>344285809
I still don't get why this became a thing. Do gamers have the critical analysis skills of a toddler?
>>
>>344280215
Perfected the ATB/Turn-based combat system.
Everything after that, is just massively downhill.
>>
>>344285809
Nigga it doesnt matter that the point of the scene is that they're fake laughing when it's still the most cringeworthy shit you've ever heard in your life
>>
>>344280215
Music is pretty , locations are beautiful, it has a great world, good gameplay, the narrative is good too.
>>
>>344281395
This game was shit anon, sorry
>>
>>344280215
Prepare yourself:

It's called fun, horrible i know. Don't worry, you will grow out of it.
>>
>>344280215
Shit taste going on those three alone. FF10 is more than just sum of its parts, though. It was also babby's first FF of its generation.
>>
>>344281395
DAVIDO-KUN
>>
File: hohohoooo.jpg (222 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
hohohoooo.jpg
222 KB, 1024x576
>>344285978
it's such a shame ff11 never got the respect it deserved simply because it was an mmorpg. game actually does have a great story and character, it also has the mmo social aspect when it still mattered. not to mention soundtrack can easily stand up there with all other beloved games in the core series.
>>
>>344286514
Are you referring to the Davido-kun that loves Japanese animation?
>>
File: davido.jpg (18 KB, 353x296) Image search: [Google]
davido.jpg
18 KB, 353x296
>>344286768
Nah.
>>
>>344286636
I wouldn't even hate on FFXI if it wasn't called FFXI. I just can't respect the series, especially with all the trash they've put out since, if they're going to ruin their main series namesake with a fucking MMORPG.
>>
You know, replaying the remastered version had me seeing some of the characters in a diffent light.

I used to hate Teedus, because he was such a ridiculous caricature of the qualities of teenagers. But now that I'm older, I have more separation from that identity, and while I still think he's poorly written, he doesnt bother me nearly as much.

Still hate the Ronso tho.
>us ronso
>us entire race of retard strongmen

Couldnt find a less interesting characterization if you tried
>>
>>344286205
Because you didn't get it.
>>
File: 1365815813311.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1365815813311.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>344286636
A lot of people loved XI, and stand by it still, even if they no longer play it. I play now and then on a private server to see the zones and mobs, and goof around. It's like a little vacation each time. Bittersweet though it may be.
>>
>>344287337
>Couldnt find a less interesting characterization if you tried

I liked their connection to blue magic.

More beast like race usually translates to raw strength and monster like.
But being monster like in Final Fantasy means blue magic, so I thought that was a neat fit.

Also liked how certain ronso characters appeared.
How a character like Kimarhi first appears like a beast of a person.
Then next to Biran and Yenke, they're a head taller and fights with their hands, and then Kimarhi appears like an agile fighter.
>>
>>344287131
FFXI was legitimately good, and had a better story than several of the subsequent FFs. Better than 2 certainly.

People like to hate it, but most of them, yourself included, didn't play it.
>>
>>344287452
Then by all means, explain the deep details I missed.
>>
>>344287681
Sorry I wasn't interested in BYOFF. I'm sure it was the most amazing thing ever, but babies first MMO is like crack. It's never going to be what you remember it to be like the first time.
>>
>>344280215
It's a very good game OP. People just hate it for no reason.
>>
>>344287717
No.
>>
>>344287996
Well, I'm going to keep assuming you're full of shit then. Good talk.
>>
File: burgerwizard.jpg (9 KB, 236x315) Image search: [Google]
burgerwizard.jpg
9 KB, 236x315
>>344280215
It's a game and these things are secondary to gameplay.
>>
>>344287604
Those things are nice and thematic and all, but they dont prevent them from being bad characters.

Like I was legit unhappy when Kimarhi started to talk more.
>>
>>344280215
The goat bs and the stereography.
>>
>>344287804
>first MMO
Wrong there. I played a whole lot of Everquest, and played some of my older brothers Ultima. I never said it was the most amazing thing ever, I said it was legitimately good.

You're salty about something, hard to say what.
>>
>>344284976
> there are plenty of sidepats and NPCs

Once you get to the end though they are the best side content in the whole series
>>
>>344288207
I dunno, maybe just the fact my favorite childhood franchise is a fucking disgrace nowadays.
>>
>>344280215
The games been fun
But linear corridors isn't fun.
Where are all the side quests. Where is the airship. Where is the content. I beat Seymour Numero Tres and taught Yuna the third tier black magics. Now I'm basically at the end, and no side anything it seems. Just follow arrow to end of corridor.
Can't wait for FF12 remaster
>>
God tier ost, and a simple but fun battle system with a really good level-up system.

The pre-rendered cutscenes were top-tier for most for most of the PS2 era.

And eventually when your main characters are rail-grinding through flak barrages you just stop caring about the story
>>
File: 1353969638065.gif (427 KB, 200x198) Image search: [Google]
1353969638065.gif
427 KB, 200x198
>>344288318
And you blame XI for that. Not the mess that was VIII or Spirits Within or Advent Children or X-2 or XIII or the sludge that followed that?

XI is a good entry and acquitted itself well as both an MMO and a FF series. Maybe you need to stop being a supermassive faggot.
>>
>>344288436
My man.. You are so close to the greatest parts in the entire games story.

And, the airship is right around the corner. But, the boss right after that Seymore you're struggling with can prove to be even tougher. Luckily, Mt Gagazet is a great place to level up.
>>
>>344288545
8 was a great Final Fantasy, I don't know how anyone sees it as bad.

Spirits Within was a great Final Fantasy movie, it's own idea, it's own world, and didn't expand or ruin any previous game.

Like I said, everything after X sucked, so Advent Children, X-2, and XIII are all complete trash.
>>
>>344288735
maybe because 8 is a broken mess with arguably the most retarded storyline in the entire series bar none and 0 likeable characters?

Maybe that's why
>>
>>344288735
So let me get this straight;
>Spirits Within is a great Final Fantasy movie, it's own idea, it's own world and didn't expand on or ruin any previous game.

Now explain to me how FFXI ruined a previous game?

You're very adamant about hating XI but you can't come up with any real reason other than generic buttfrustration.
>>
>>344288895
What was retarded about the storyline? It's well put together, and all the characters were great except Rinoa and maybe Irvine.
>>
>>344289092
Because it's a main series title and is completely out of place.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 RPG's.
11 MMORPG with monthly sub
>>
>>344289108
I dunno, maybe the muddy motivations, the total lack of a clear antagonist until the very end, the fact that everybody went to the same goddamn orphanage and no one remembers, the part where the go to space and logic goes out the fucking window - I honestly could write an essay about why FF8 has a terrible plot.

Also seriously - you thought Selphie was a good character? Zell? Quistis? You are an actual crazy person.
>>
>>344289358
This. The only character I liked was Squall, and even he pissed me off with his "Bawwwww all I want is a friend but I don't want my feelings to be hurt if they ever abandon me waaaaaaaah" bullshit.
>>
>>344289281
And that somehow ruins 1-10?

I'm getting the impression you're somewhere on the spectrum kid.
>>
>>344289774
I think I only liked Squall because he kept pissing off the other characters, and I didnt like them so I thought it was funny.

The weird thing is, the writers of FF8 clearly could do good characterization, because Laguna and his team's segments are actually kind of compelling. They just applied none of that to the main plot.
>>
>>344289358
>>344289774
You guys don't even get it. The world has always been terrorized by Sorceresses, you find out who the main sorceress is that you need to defeat pretty early, disc 2 I believe if not sooner. They have memory loss, clearly explained in the game. It's a fucking cycle of time, that's why they're in the orphanage. Edea raises them to do what they have to do, and continues to do it time after time because it's all on a loop.

They go to space to find Ellone, the sorceress controls the galbadia army to trigger the Lunar Cry, bringing Adel into the picture as time compresses, and they defeat Ultimacia in a fucked up world, and the cycle repeats.
>>
Biran rend you asunder!
>>
>>344290104
I was talking about the characters though. They were all shit except Squall and Laguna's gang.
>>
File: yenke-ronso.jpg (30 KB, 750x422) Image search: [Google]
yenke-ronso.jpg
30 KB, 750x422
>>344290125
HORNLESS HORNLESS
>>
>>344280215
it's called GAMEPLAY you fucking shit
>>
>>344290104
I played it too nigger, it's thrown together, and it might have been passable had any of the characters been worth caring about, but when you make everyone you depict annoying, people are going to dislike it.
>>
>>344280215
You aren't at the grindy as fuck postgame yet.

I suggest just beating the game and ignoring most postgame besides blitzball if you like it. Otherwise you'll spend a hundred hours on minigames and grinding
>>
>>344290104
No, I get it. I understand the words that were there for me to read. I just think it's retarded. It's an incredibly convoluted journey to an underwhelming result. It's sophmoric fantasy writing of the type you see on fan fiction forums.

Final Fantasy plots have never been "good" in the traditonal sense, but they used to be character-focused, and the drama came out of that, and it sort of worked. But ever since they went to Nomura-land and it's all been pie-in-the-sky high concept parables in which the characters are all but incidental, they've pretty much been trash.

Anyway, I really need to do my job now. It's been nice chatting FF with y'all.
>>
>>344290513
I don't think I like all the characters in any Final Fantasy either, I don't get why you're complaining because you can't identify with everyone.
>>
>>344290748
I'm complaining because they're annoying as fuck and I want to throttle them every time they're on the screen.
>>
>>344290748
I don't think it's too much to ask to like at least half of them.
>>
>>344290920
I think you could use another play through or something.
>>
>>344291005
Well I don't want to kill myself just yet...
>>
>"Ronso will shine your statue brightest"
>"Thank you, but I fear no one will make a statue for a statue such as I am"
>"Then ronso will make"
>"With grand horn on head!"

One of the best scenes in FF imo.
It's already a bit silly so it's a shame Tidus bullshit ruins it in the end with withyunabymyside
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.