[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
post ITT if you got to play the GOAT gen as a kid. Old assholes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: best gen.jpg (74 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
best gen.jpg
74 KB, 600x600
post ITT if you got to play the GOAT gen as a kid. Old assholes need not post.
>>
is this the thread where we shitpost each other into oblivion and then get moved to /trash/ for not being in /vp/?
>>
Mudkip > Treecko > Torchic

This is the definitive, indisputable tier list
>>
>>344273967
Yes. Garbage opinions like OP's are welcome.
>>
>>344273881
Those games came out when I was a kid, and they were rubbish then.

The real GOATs were 1, 2 and 4.
>>
>>344273881
Gen 3 was the begging of the end
>>
File: Bag_Tamato_Berry_Sprite.png (1 KB, 96x96) Image search: [Google]
Bag_Tamato_Berry_Sprite.png
1 KB, 96x96
I started with Red --> Gold but Gen 3 had the most mystery surrounding it in my neighbourhood when I was a kid.

Me and a couple of buddies spent months trying to figure out secret stuff (we had no idea what braille was, never bothered to look into the manual either) and as a result had many "playground rumors" going on between us.

Also, berries are really fucking cool.
>>
I started with Crystal, but I had very good times with Gen 3 as well.
>>
>>344274043
More like the end of the beginning. Gen 3 a best gen. Everything gen 4 and on sucks.
>>
>>344274002
Torchic>Treecko
>>
>>344274038
This. Hoenn was such a boring tedious bullshit region full of forgettable NPCs.

Abilities and Battle Frontier were the only highlights of gen 3.
>>
I was that kid who played GSC and RSE and DPPt.
>>
>>344273881
Literally >>>/vp/
Also, Sapphire was was my first Pokémon game and I beat in less than a day.
>>
Ruby was my second Pokemon game. Gen 3 is my least favorite out of all the gens and I honestly think they're the worst in the series. Emerald doesn't really do enough to make it that much better than R/S.
>>
>>344274002
This guy gets it swampert a best.
>>
>>344273881
29 year old here

I stopped after gen 4 but yeah gen 3 was definitely the best in every way besides the physical/special split that 4 improved upon.

I think pokemon has never looked better aesthetically then these games either. Gen 3 basically took the look from the older games and perfected it. Favorite pokemon was tropius but didn't like using him since he seemed pretty shit. Just love the design.
>>
Emerald and Crystal were the best Pokemon games, it isn't even up to debate.
>>
>>344277823
>Favorite pokemon was tropius
my nigge-

>but didn't like using him since he seemed pretty shit
nevermind
>>
>>344273881
posting

life will never be this comfy again
>>
>>344278229
the third versions are always goat, I can't think of one third version that was bad or average.
I am glad that they don't do that anymore to jew more money out of me, but gen 6 really could have used a third version to fix some shit.
>>
That was the only gen I played.
>>
File: Deoxys.jpg (21 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Deoxys.jpg
21 KB, 400x300
>>344273881
Got emerald with that bundle Nintendo Power was offering, Had a Guide, game, 12 month subscription and a deoxys T-shirt. Gave the shirt away to a friend since it was his birthday.
>>
>>344274002
Do u liek mudkips?
>>
>>344279119
Yeah, it's a shame the gen 3 hasn't gotten 3D Emerald yet/or ever.
>>
File: Gen2Starters.png (90 KB, 477x257) Image search: [Google]
Gen2Starters.png
90 KB, 477x257
but anon
Gen 2 is GOAT gen
???
>>
File: fucking Hoen trumpets.jpg (338 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
fucking Hoen trumpets.jpg
338 KB, 800x800
>>344273881
your little meme gen is fucking shit compared to gen2 though
>>
>>344274002
Treecko > Mudkip > Torchic, Sceptile was based as fuck
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.