[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fallout 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 57
File: Roaming Around.jpg (321 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
Roaming Around.jpg
321 KB, 900x600
Unpopular opinion: I like this game. I don't care if it's a bit dumbed down, it's still a great game and I've been enjoying it since several months now.

It's like Skyrim with guns.
>>
I like that butt
>>
>>344264241
I'll wait for the legendary edtion on pc and save it with mod. Thanks
>>
>>344264241
Imagine 5 years from now how Fallout is gonna be the easiest fucking game ever made because of faggots like you. Thank you.
>>
File: Hey, Anon.jpg (379 KB, 1484x1484) Image search: [Google]
Hey, Anon.jpg
379 KB, 1484x1484
>>344264241
>I don't care if it's a bit dumbed down
So I can keep stripping features and tacking on bullshit? Thanks anon. With fans like you, who needs to try in game design?
>>
>>344264241
I like it to, I have 127hours in it, its just not replayable like NV is.
>>
Unpopular opinion: I like the technomancer

That said, fo4 was just boring to me. I've played every freaking game in the universe to completion, including tactics and bos. Only made it about 40 hours into this one, and that was by pushing myself and thinking it'll get good next hour. There's a bunch of actual problems with it that some anon will probably last. It just doesn't have any heart or soul. It's as empty as the wasteland it portrays.

Diatribe aside, cool, glad you found something you like to play. The echo chamber of /v/ tends to not like that
>>
File: 1465036668192.jpg (46 KB, 437x501) Image search: [Google]
1465036668192.jpg
46 KB, 437x501
Video games answer the question: is it worse to be great and fall? Or to have never risen at all?

It isn't that Fallout 4 is bad (which it is) or that your opinion is wrong (which it is) but that the potential was there, the considerable resources were present to bear a game of grand design and interest, but this is what happened instead.

A lump of raw clay in the cliffside is virgin and pure, even a mudslide or erosion causes it to fall into the ground. A lump of raw clay twisted and torn in the hands of someone is a thing to be lamented. Six.
>>
>>344264241
>Skyrim with guns

exactly why i dont like it.
it could have been much more, but bethesda chose to dumb it down as much as possible.
>>
Loved the gunplay, but a lot of things were too lacking
> retarded AI
> Game feeds you ammunition and meds
> Shallow quest lines
> Awful dialogue choices
> Fewer dungeons, and those that remained were incredibly samey even for a Beth game
> Legendaries drop like skin from a leper and break the game
> Lacklustre weapon variety with most mods absolute garbage
> No land barriers to slow down progression and exploration (unpopular opinion, but I kind of like that - the quarry in Fallout: NV is a classic example).
> Glowing sea is tame as fuck
> Storms are tame as fuck
> Can't really role play as anything other than Minuteman, BoS, Institute or Railroad - and they're quests are all extremely linear and inflexible.

I was such a huge Fallout fanboy but ultimately I was greatly disappointed.
>>
>>344264241
>Unpopular opinion
??
spergs on /v not liking a game doesn't mean its an unpopular opinon
>>
>>344267516
welcome newfriend
>>
>>344264241
>It's like Skyrim with guns.
Okay Adam Kovic
>>
File: BaitNeverChanges.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
BaitNeverChanges.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
Fuck off.
Sage this faggot.
>>
File: 1467936263657.jpg (49 KB, 616x699) Image search: [Google]
1467936263657.jpg
49 KB, 616x699
>it's a "fallout 4 is good" thread
>>
I fucking hate skyrim and i realised why today. It is so generic. There's nothing that makes you say "wow, this is new and interesting". It's just cliches. I found a guy who led me down to some daedric shrine and it looked so generic, some small devil statue with horns and it was speaking with a generic muahaha i'm evil voice. I just alt-F4'd at that point.
>>
>is a good game
>not a good fallout game

although i don't consider f4 a good game but is enjoyable for casual gaming
>>
>>344264241

it was a good game, got a plat on ps4, worth it

the dlc lineup is fucking awful though
>>
Fallout 4 felt a bit like Borderlands for me with all of the loot crates and elite mobs
>>
>>344268073
Filthy casual. Get the fuck out of here. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>344268004
You just lost the part where you're anally raped into submission.
>>
>>344268127

borderlands was fun though

also HOLY FUCK how can anyone deny this game is gorgeous

the graphical quality itself and the framerate wasnt incredible but

>running around in bright daylight
>EVERYTHING IS BEAUTIFUL
>>
>>344268183
KEK
E
K

Are you a console fag who doesn't know what good graphics are or are you just mentally incompetent?
>>
>>344268342
the actual graphical quality as in, technically, wasn't very good

but the overall aesthetic effect was gorgeous

second only to the PS4 exclusives I've played so far, and maaaybe destiny

>witcher 3 has god-awful meme trees
>>
>>344268439
Ye, that boring as fuck aestetic really got me going. I just love when games think that just over saturating a few things makes the game look good. If you had left the North-West of the map you would see where they spent all the time making it look kinda bright and then just made the rest of the map look like shit.

Why did you bring up the witcher? Nevermind the trees, the whole fucking game is one big meme that normal fags think was a deep immersive story rich game.
>>
>>344268798

nah, most of the map looks really gorgeous. i would specifically skip radiation storms / rain usually just because everything looks so damn good in full sun. just run around in third person, shit was great.

fog wasn't bad either, but radiation storms were uggo as SHIT

i dunno, it's supposed to be gorgeous? witcher 3 was fun but didn't last past the first 50 hours. too much "do the right thing or do the thing that ends with good consequences!!!" constantly shoved under your nose. it got obnoxious after the first few times
>>
>>344267351
I find a lot of these criticisms aren't really true.

> retarded AI

Play it on survival. You'll find the AI is a lot smarter when you can't magically know all their moves and you'll find running out of ammo and meds a constant struggle.

> Fewer dungeons, and those that remained were incredibly samey even for a Beth game
I don't really agree with this one. Compare two Warehouse levels like Corvega and Saugus Ironworks. Nothing alike. Or Vaults 75 and 114. I'm actually struggling to think of ANY dungeons that are "incredibly samey."

See my note about playing on Survival. They only drop so much because you confidently genocide down what should be dangerous Legendaries that should be a difficult decision on whether to engage or not.

I disagree. Most people are just trying to tick damage as high as possible, but you sometimes do so at the detriment of your weapon. Take the Rightous Authority. I generally go with a short barrel because the sniper barrel fucks you so hard on ammo. Further, while scopes are statistically better, they're ruinous for close quarters fighting. All of the "downgrade" mods have a place for different playstyles.

I agreed with this until recently. My first playthrough was on my BoS guy. He was in full BoS Combat Armor (BoS mod ups Rad Res) and they were all lead lines (also ups Rad Res). I didn't need the higher grade combat armors because my Military Fatigues had Ballistic Weave and so my DT was plenty high. I just walked around that place at sub 1 rad/sec.

...I did another playthrough a couple weeks back where my next character went in without rad resistance. I figured it was a quick shot in to the Super Mutant scientist and out, so fuckit. Those rads are fucking crazy. You HAVE to have a power armor suit, hazmat suit or something.
>>
>>344264241
It's the best game in the series. Fallout is about combat and 4 has that in spades. 3 especially was a huge step back, raiders everywhere it was fucking dumb and no iron sights.
>>
>>344269192
>Glowing Sea
It's really tough on Survival too. With the upped penalties for drugs and meds, using RadX becomes a dicey proposition. With no fast travel, it's hard to get all the way down there with a Power Armor suit without just burning through Fusion Cores you can't really hoard on survival. And just using a shitty Hazmat Suit is a fast way to get one-shot by an ambushing RadScorpion.
>>
>>344269226
This! thanks for saying it /v/ bro
>>
File: timcain.png (84 KB, 360x427) Image search: [Google]
timcain.png
84 KB, 360x427
>>344269226
>Fallout is about combat
>>
>>344264241
> a bit dumbed down
>>
>>344269434
>he repeats himself as though that made a point
>himself as though
>>
>>344269434

fallout is a dumb series
literally the only reason anybody - yourself included - think otherwise is because you grew up playing new vegas and never played the first games

that's fine, neither did i until much later on. but they are the most cut-and-dry, retarded bullshit possible. you can call fallout 4's story bad, but let me ask you this. where are the talking deathclaws? where are the talking plants?
>>
File: 5434895438.jpg (84 KB, 450x577) Image search: [Google]
5434895438.jpg
84 KB, 450x577
Is there a mod that removes retarded story and family start bullshit yet? Like all mentions of son, wife and shit from the world and dialogues?

What about mute protagonist mod with more written dialogue options?

Can't really immerse myself into the game with those elements present, this is so bad
I don't want to replay NV for the 7th time
>>
i get it. new vegas was great. fallout 4 isn't new vegas.

but guess what? neither is fallout 3, fallout 2, or fallout 1. new vegas was "what if fallout was serious" and it was amazing. but then an entire generation of twelve year olds grew up thinking new vegas was an accurate representation of fallout, and i honestly wonder if there'll even be another obsidian fallout after all the flak 4 got because of it
>>
bruv...
>>
>>344269510
where are the ghouls that survive for 200 years without food and water?
where are the pre-war jet?
>>
>>344269840
Right next to the talking brahmin, King Arthur of the BoS and Dr. Who's Tardis.
>>
>>344269553
I think it's actually impossible without breaking the game. Even if you use an alternate start eventually you'll encounter muh shaun and a lot of the dialogue in the game is about muh shaun.
>>
>>344270010
I guess it will be a few years until someone makes a mod that removes bullshit without breaking the game.
I'm sure by that time there will be enough mods to make the game bearable at the very least.
>>
File: latest[1].png (868 KB, 610x776) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
868 KB, 610x776
>>344264241

What do you think of the armor designs?
>>
>>344269840

seems about as bad as talking plants to me brother
>>
File: Advanced Riot Gear.png (302 KB, 422x803) Image search: [Google]
Advanced Riot Gear.png
302 KB, 422x803
>>344270440
Fucking trash.
>>
>>344269553
>Is there a mod that removes retarded story and family start bullshit yet?

You'd have to rewrite the game.
>>
File: bMxsxUm[1].png (3 MB, 1418x956) Image search: [Google]
bMxsxUm[1].png
3 MB, 1418x956
>>344270595
It's amazing how bad all the armor in FO4 looks Especially when you'll be wearing a vault suit as an underlayer all the time.
>>
>>344270789

>not wearing military suit
>using the shitty vault suit and not getting your agi buff

also holy fuck how bad is your computer? the game looks 100x better on fucking ps4
>>
>>344269553
I wonder why they did a family story twice. Finding your dad in FO3 and now finding your son in FO4.
>>
>>344264241
Yeah it's a pretty good game.

Just a fucking garbage Fallout title.
>>
>>344264241
Are there quality survival mods yet?
>>
>>344271003
The core game now has a quality survival mode. /v/ ignores it because they're too casual to get it done.
>>
>>344270882
Because Emil is a fucking hack with love for family dramas. But in 4 they thought NV's faction war thing worked well so they merged both.
>>
>>344270848
You have to wear vault suits all the time because they're the only clothing you can upgrade.
>>
>>344271079
>have to
>because you can add a minor amount of energy and rad resistance
wew
military outfit is way more useful and gives you actual SPECIAL bonuses
>>
File: 1428340450604.gif (3 MB, 200x134) Image search: [Google]
1428340450604.gif
3 MB, 200x134
>>344271079
>>
>>344271079
Nah bud.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Ballistic_weave
>>
>>344271198
What are you implying?
>>
File: Cl5Zz2KUsAEgtp6.jpg (130 KB, 850x1200) Image search: [Google]
Cl5Zz2KUsAEgtp6.jpg
130 KB, 850x1200
>>344271079
>He doesn't know about ballistic weaves
>>
>>344271264
That it was a dumb thing for you to say. The lining of Vault Suits is absolute shit compared to Ballistic Weave. Even if you LIKE the aesthetic of Vault Suits, who would choose the shitty lining?
>>
>>344271079
Max Vault Suit Lining
Requires: Science 4, Armorer 4
Energy Resistance 20, Rad Resistance 25

Max Vault Suit Ballistic Weave
Requires: Armorer 4
110 Damage Resistance, 115 Energy Resistance, 10 Rad Resistance

Four less perks for a thousand times better the armor.
>>
>>344271059
>Implying survival mode is hard when the game gives you a power armor in the first 10 minutes
>Implying survival mode is hard when you have a power armor + lone wanderer perk combination
It just like the New Vegas survival mode. It's supposed to be tough, but it ends up being a minor annoyance.
>>
I hate the simple minded crafting and building in most games and I hate survival elements and Bethesda seems to focus on that just to piss me off on top of a shitty family drama story.
Thanks Todd.
>>
>>344271861
>DER POWIR ARMUR IS SO OP
Don't be so fucking stupid. This isn't the earlier Fallouts where Power Armor is just strong armor, it's a vehicle in Fallout 4. A vehicle running on a scarce and limited resource.

You have the weakest T-51 Power Armor NEAR the outset, sure. But go try and tank the Deathclaw in it in Survival. You might survive one hit, but you won't survive two. Further, that Power Core is going to last you maybe a couple of minutes and on Survival, there's no fast travel.

But you were just going to cakewalk through the whole game in it, huh?

Survival Mode on FO4 isn't even comparable with how much more difficult it is than NV's Survival.
>>
Everything people find enjoyable about modern Bethesda games can still be found in Morrowind.

Only that game wasn't a casualized piece of fucking shit, but who knows, maybe Daggerfall fags feel the same contempt for me.
>>
>>344264241
You see how she has her rifle sling on her back?

You can't even do that ingame. Your guns just dissapear into the air when you "holster" them. Fucking lazy fuckers that's something I'd expect to see from an early alpha of a shitty indie game
>>
it plays fine, but it lacks EVERYTHING that makes an rpg good.
it is a cowadoody open world game
>>
>>344272080
It's the T-45 armor, even weaker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbobUg-0bPI

That's a video of fighting the Deathclaw on survival. The guy uses mines, drugs, essentially all his ammo, cheeses with LoSing and running through the streets. Turns the 20 second fight on Hard mode into a 10 minute struggle for survival.
>>
>>344272080
That's great and all, but in order for me to enjoy the survival mode the base game itself must be good as well

Base game: unavoiably shoot your way out of every situation with no other options

Survival mode: unavoidably shoot your way out of every situation with no other options and also sleep and eat a lot

See, surivial mode is for immersion. In order for me to be immersed, situations need to make sense.
>>
>>344272080
>there's no fast travel

What does that add, besides padded playtime?
>>
>>344272305
Make the weight system actually worthwhile
Having weight/inventory management while also having fast travel is the dumbest shit, choose one or the other
>>
>>344271735
Is there only one clothing that can be upgraded like that? That's bullshit.
>>
>>344272305
By itself? Not a lot. When taken with the rest of the survival features? A lot.

First, no saving outside of resting in a bed. Carrying capacity becomes quite a bit more limited. You're not going to full clear a place for every desk fan and pipe pistol lying around. Now you need to strategize on necessities. Further, carrying TOO much can cripple your legs.

Then there's hunger, thirst and tiredness. This is all compounded with sickness too. Also, using medicines can fuck with your immune system.

So, you suddenly become very tied down to your settlements and places of rest. You need to start farming up foods and water to make little jaunts out into the wastelands. And high level enemies now spawn fucking everywhere, and with the increased damage taken, you don't just go in guns blazing - especially since red dots don't appear on your compass anymore to indicate where they are and how many.

The whole game's play and feel changes. You actually feel like you're surviving. Finding a soiled cot in an abandoned house when you're delirious with sleep and your AP is nearly 100% gone from fatigue becomes a godsend. Especially when you haven't saved for the past hour because this quest took you particularly far from home.
>>
>>344272272
It changes how the base game is played. If you unavoidably shoot your way out of every situation in Survival, your game is going to be drastically shortened. Seriously, the damage is pretty close to real life. A couple of shots from a raider with a pipe pistol will drop you in Concord.
>>
/v/ hates fo4 for being a dumbed downed experience, and praises overwatch for the same in the same breath.
>>
>>344272894
>le /v/ is one person maymay
>>
>>344272683
With shitty suit lining? Yes, any of the vault tec suits. With the superior ballistic weave? Several can use that.

My personal favorite are the Military Fatigues. They look sharp, give +2 Agility, with Ballistic Weave add 110 to DR and ER, and can still wear full body armor over them that stacks.
>>
>>344272758
>>344272850
Anons please I'm almost getting tempted to play the game
I was looking forwards to mods that did this
The only thing that needs improvement now is the whole settlement system- make it actually worthwhile, with patrols and supply lines and whatnot
>>
>>344272850
>>344272758
And yet over on Ribbit people whine about how survival mode is too easy.
Guess we now know who the casual ones are :^)
>>
>>344272894
I hate it because I expected it to be all the great things from New Vegas (and 3 if you can find any), only to find out they did absolutely but walk in circles.
>>
>>344272975
The settlement system is worthwhile on Survival. Hell, it's the only time that it is. Having bases where you can sleep in a bed and restock on food and water are NECESSITIES on Survival Mode.

The only thing is that it becomes a real bitch getting them going. You can't scavenge a fraction of the raw materials with the reduced weight and lack of fast travel, so it's hard to build them looking nice. They become utilitarian stops with the bare minimum of defense for you to rest up at and save.
>>
>>344264241

what gave it away anon? the same loading screens? the same enchantment system? the same abandoned c̶a̶v̶e̶s̶ buildings full of d̶r̶a̶u̶g̶r̶ ghouls with a chest full of stuff at the end and a door to unlock that goes back to the start?
>>
File: 20160706175403_1.jpg (609 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20160706175403_1.jpg
609 KB, 2560x1440
Modded it's pretty nice desu
>>
>>344273006
It is pretty easy, it's literally just borderlands on hardmode except, oh look now you have to sleep and eat and shit. I swapped back out of survival after an hour of gameplay, no fast travel bored the fuck out of me.
>>
>>344273006
I wouldn't know, I don't browse Reddit.
>>
>>344273158
Wow fallout 3 looks pretty good there.
>>
>>344272850
What I mean is how the game has no solutions for any quests other than "kill the bad guys"

That's shit in itself
>>
My first experience with Survival.

>get out of the vault, do the Sanctuary Hills thing, head to Red Rocket
>grab Dogmeat, stock up on Stimpacks and wait for the mole rats
>first mole rat bites me takes about 40% of my health with the hit
>sheeeeeit
>handle the rest and head into concord
>go really slow and assassinate one of the raiders before they know they're in a fight
>get into a shootout with the remaining two
>pipe pistol nails me once and brings me down by about 50% of my health
>loot their bodies, overjoyed to find a complete suit of leather armor between them
>fill up HP, save on a mattress in a local house
>go inside museum
>instantly 100%'d by raider up above shooting me once in the head with a pipe pistol
>reload at mattress
>go back in, juke to the right
>try shooting back at him
>kill him, but other guy in the rafters lands a hit and kills me
>reload
>into the museum, dart immediately to the side door
>stealth through and take out the raiders one by one
>discard 99% of equipment found because of weight limitations despite having Strong Back perk (even if only rank 1)
>go outside, jump in Power Armor
>mow down raiders with minigun
>deathclaw rushes me, stand confidently in his path firing
>realize minigun is barely touching his HP
>deathclaw lifts me up, hits me once, almost all armor goes red, HP goes from 100% to 30%
>stimpack, jet, backpedal wildly, blow last of ammo to get his HP down to 80%
>switch to 10mm pistols and pipe pistols
>eventually a charge attack wings me and i die
>say fuck it and quit
>go to /v/ and tell people survival mode is easy and I quit because I hated no fast travel because it bored the fuck out of me
>>
>>344273360
"kill the bad guys" quests usually mean "kill specific bad guy". And the route to getting to him is no longer bursting through the front door and 100%ing the place while picking up everything on the way.
>>
>>344273006
Well maybe you should go back to elreddito if you like it so much.

Why the fuck did a mod make telling someone to go back ribbet trigger the spam filter? What was his reasoning? That free speech is okay to silence if it's for your meme website?
>>
>>344273863
Maybe you should git gud and stop pretending your easy game is hard? :^^^^^^)
>>
>>344273978
>bitches about game being too easy
>gets proven wrong, categorically, over and over
>starts shitposting

Like clockwork.
>>
>>344273653
Wow so you mean instead of blasting my way and killing everyone to get to the boss... I could also sneak past everyone to get to the boss?? So many choices
>>
>>344274226
When did I get proven wrong? There are other people than you and me and if you weren't a complete retard you'd know how to check.
>>
>>344274240
No. It means that the how becomes important, you stupid fucking smegma eater. Instead of covershooting from doorway to doorway, you end up strategizing. Developing fall back points to hide and recuperate, setting up traps and utilizing choke points.

I mean, if you can stealth through, good for you. But if you fuck up and get spotted halfway through or they get alerted by the boss's death, then the entire zone is looking for you. And remember, on Survival it doesn't alert you to where hostiles are, you're blind. And it's a loooong time between saves. So that kind of rush job shit is for idiots.
>>
>>344274368
>When did I get proven wrong?
Read the thread.
>>
>>344266593
>the potential was there
>the considerable resources were present

Let's be honest anon, it really wasn't. And they weren't.
>>
>>344274240
I tried a stealth build on Survival. Works like shit. Even with maxed perks, they spot you like 75% of the time right out because the enemies don't scale with you as much on Survival.

>sneak into super mutant compound
>Super Mutant Death God Omega Primus instantly detects me and shoots me with a rocket
Wellp.
>>
Fallout 4 gives me double impressions. Sometimes it feels boring and sometime quite fun to play.

Btw Vivid Weathers is one of the best Fallout 4 mods, give it a try.
>>
>>344274719
I find most people have double impressions.

Either they play the game on normal, in which case it gets boring pretty fast and you're just looking for shit to occupy yourself with like building giant junk city settlements.

Or you play it on Survival where the difficulty is so punishingly high, you have to go play some Souls for awhile to remember what casual feels like.

There's not really a happy medium where things are difficult, but not fun-ruiningly so.
>>
>>344274546
Ok, but you are still wrong :^)
>water and food is scarce
You can build a billion purifiers in 10 min in Sanctuary and hunt a few animals and you're set for a week
>stimpacks
replaced by cola and cooked meat
>combat is hard and ammo is scarce
you can spam vats to locate enemies and it's easier to kill them if you're not a complete retard so having less ammo isn't an issue
>saving
You have a billion bedrolls everywhere
>carry weight
Isn't a problem as with more xp means more levels means more weight
>>
>>344273597
>I'm a fucking retard
yeah sounds about right.
>>
>>344274890
>You can build a billion purifiers in 10 min in Sanctuary and hunt a few animals and you're set for a week
You really can't. Resources don't magic themselves up because you want them to. Still, you can make Sanctuary relatively productive by itself. Which is what your goal is supposed to be on Survival. All that does is make it a good rest stop. You can't carry all the food and water and Sanctuary is tucked into a corner of the map far from everything. Which means you have to do the same everywhere else. Sanctuary is ez-mode, doing it in Back Alley where it would actually help? Less so.

>replaced by cola and cooked meat
What difficulty-reducing mod are you using that cooked meat appears all around you throughout the Commonwealth?

>you can spam vats to locate enemies and it's easier to kill them if you're not a complete retard so having less ammo isn't an issue
VATS spam doesn't always work. Something being 100% behind cover during VATS and then stepping out and shooting you a second later is all too common. And constantly clicking it every step of every playthrough is exhausting as fuck. Further, ammo isn't scarce because it's rare, it's scarce because it has carry weight and yours is reduced AND because the game throws high level encounters at you constantly.
>You have a billion bedrolls everywhere
Confirmed for never having gotten past Concord. How many bedrolls do you think are in Lexington?
>Isn't a problem as with more xp means more levels means more weight
I don't even know how to respond to this nonsense.
>>
>>344264241
It's not just the worst game in the Fallout series outside of BoS, it's just a bad game in general.

It's no surprise no one really talks about it these days.
>>
I just want to be a raider who isn't special and needs to survive whilst having a decent story. Why is that so hard
>>
>>344275456

>not just the worst game in the fallout series
>not fallout 1
>not fallout 2
>not fallout 3
>not fallout tactics

are you old enough to post here? you grew up on new vegas and so you think the entire fallout series was like new vegas

news flash: it's not

show me the talking plants and talking deathclaws in fallout 4, and i'll concede that it's a bad game.
>>
File: no todd no.jpg (23 KB, 389x387) Image search: [Google]
no todd no.jpg
23 KB, 389x387
>>344275553
My god Todd, give it a break.

I already pirated and deleted Fallout 4, I'm not going to buy it.
>>
>>344275553
>le fallout is a bad game cuz muh talking deathclaws
Underage confirmed
>>
File: projecting for all.jpg (25 KB, 400x271) Image search: [Google]
projecting for all.jpg
25 KB, 400x271
>>344275553
Yes, insulting better games arbitrarily is going to get people to agree with you.

Yes, making random assumptions about people is going to help you.
>>
>>344275740
it's retarded
people shit on fallout 4 for having no story and stupid quests
guess what
every fallout game except maybe fallout shelter and new vegas have had stupid bullshit storylines and stupid quests
>>
>>344275302
Are you joking, I'm not even him but unless they removed a huge amount of bedrolls in the game recently they're fucking everywhere.
>>
>>344275830
The quests are far worse, if they can even be called quests. I don't know if the fact that there are barely any of these quests is a good thing or not since they're so terrible.

The story is truly, truly terrible and stupid. Distractingly terrible. I hope Bethesda learned their lesson about voice acting too, I don't think they're going to make that mistake again.
>>
>>344275830
>every fallout game except maybe fallout shelter and new vegas have had stupid bullshit storylines
Ah yes, Todd's "muh baby boy Shaun" is a very interesting questline with a lot of morale behind it. Wew lad.

>stupid quests
>implying FO1 and FO2 had FO4-esque radiant quests where you just go to some place and pick up an item/kill or talk to somebody.
Did you even play FO1 or FO2, or you're just building your opinion by watching 10min of walkthrough on youtube?
>>
>>344265736
>I force myself to play games to completion but /v/ is an echo chamber
Autism
>>
>>344273232
I think the only mods I have that does anything in that shot are resurrection and true storms.

And a mod that removes the blur.
>>
>>344276050
Another fault on bethesdas part, female sole survivor could've sounded like this
>http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Gloria_Van_Graff
Instead we get a young bumbling retard, apparently they told Courtenay Taylor that her voice was too aggressive.
>>
>>344276831
Female survivor sounds really great you idiot. It's the same VA as Jack in Mass effect.
>>
>>344267802
I'm sure it only sold well because Todd "tricked" everyone into buying it, right? Or maybe the people who bought it are "normies" and aren't true gamers, right?
>>
File: buying implications.jpg (57 KB, 335x309) Image search: [Google]
buying implications.jpg
57 KB, 335x309
>>344277296
>>
It's not about dumbed down. It's about the worst feeling physics I've ever used, the most horrible limited combat in what's essentially a shooter and possibly the ugliest game to boot.

I genuinely don't believe you like it.
>>
>>344277348
I bet more than half the people who claim to be pirates on /v/ are actually too chicken shit to even attempt a crack.
>>
>>344277251
I didn't complain about the voice actor, I love Courtenay Taylor.
I complained the way Bethesda told her how to voice act.
>>
File: pirate reads terms of service.gif (847 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
pirate reads terms of service.gif
847 KB, 500x281
>>344277562
That's ridiculous.
>>
File: DISGUST.png (300 KB, 520x487) Image search: [Google]
DISGUST.png
300 KB, 520x487
>>344267351
>Bug where game would crash sometimes if you entered sneak with the rank 5 perk ready to activate
>Newest patch added a work around where now, instead, you enter stealthboy mode for 1 second after sneaking
>Bethesda removed a feature they couldn't fix and tacked on a stealthboy 1 second tick to get around it
>The stealth boy doesn't act like the old system where it would be certain to go from danger to caution
>All it does is makes your character a little harder to detect for one second
People still buy bethesda games?
>>
File: 1466936262747.gif (2 MB, 426x213) Image search: [Google]
1466936262747.gif
2 MB, 426x213
>>344277439
Please tell me you aren't comparing fallout 4's physics, graphics, and combat, to previous fallout games as being bad, or so help me fucking Christ.
>>
File: 1457906376038.jpg (16 KB, 185x243) Image search: [Google]
1457906376038.jpg
16 KB, 185x243
>people paid for FO4
>people paid for a FO4 Season Pass
>>
>>344264241
>could never get into the clunky mess 3 and NV were
>Fallout 4 was fun as fuck
>>
>>344277971
>Comparing games outside of the shared genre
Apples to oranges
>Comparing games of similar themeing or genre
They both have their strengths and weaknesses, they are vastly different games
>Compare games in the same franchise
LOL ONE IS YEARS OLD SO SHOULD NOT BE BROUGHT UP TO THE SAME STANDARD AS THE OTHER.
>>
>>344277562
sure thing, britcuck
>>
>>344264241
what's good about it tho?
>>
>>344277562
>too chicken shit to even attempt a crack
I haven't paid for a single piece of software in the last 15 years, what the fuck is now supposed to happen? Will the FBI knock my door down because I japanese banshee porn and shit games?
>>
>decide to try fallout nv
>literally shoot guy in the fucking head 3 times and it misses
>no bullet impact when it does hit
>like flicking someone with a paper football
>shitty reticle
>terribad physics
>uninstalled
And don't give me bullshit about it being an old game there were plenty of games made BEFORE fallout nv with better physics.
>>
File: 37.jpg (5 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
37.jpg
5 KB, 125x125
>>344278424
>mfw i change my mac address and ip address every hour
>>
File: 1467666238380.gif (3 MB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
1467666238380.gif
3 MB, 480x320
>>344278580
>mfw i use my neighbors wifi to download pirated shit
>>
>>344278213
the sound design, piper, A FEW quests, the world itself, the lighting, the shooting, and the possibility of it becoming pretty good with mods.

Quests, dialogues, RP and everything else are garbage.
>>
>>344278716
The sheer compatibility with mods makes it better imo than nv and 3 who would crash almost instantly with alot of mods.
>>
>>344278461
It's an rpg,not a shooter.
The opposite of 4.
>>
Okay I have to admit this.

I liked how the skills were combined with perks. You didn't have to worry about a secondary character creation economy. You just levelled and could put that extra point where you wanted.

You started out competent and then everything after that was specialisation.
>>
File: 2736496976592.jpg (8 KB, 229x200) Image search: [Google]
2736496976592.jpg
8 KB, 229x200
>In NV you can kill anyone you want and the game just rolls with it
>In FO4 you literally can't kill anyone because they're all "essential" characters.
>>
>>344279458
>he prefers being able to kill people randomly over a coherent story
>>
File: urqhdfgdflhkjf.jpg (47 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
urqhdfgdflhkjf.jpg
47 KB, 1280x720
>>344269652
wat

Fallout 1 & 2 were still serious, the same way as New Vegas, even though they had dark humour in them.
>>
>>344264241
>Unpopular opinion

This is just a confession for your terrible taste.
>>
>>344281187
By those standards FO4 is serious too.
>>
>>344279550
>4
>coherent story

lmao
>>
>>344275841
It only feels that way because you're a scrubby casual who plays on easy. When you're playing on Survival and they go from being clutter to something you're actively hunting for, they become rare as fuck.
>>
>>344279550
>he prefers getting told what to do instead of writing his own story
>>
>>344281187
>Fallout 1 & 2 were still serious
No they weren't. They were like a Terry Prachett novel. One long meta joke after another, over and over.

You can always tell the New Vegas babbies that never played the originals. They get indignant over how FO3 and 4 ruined the 'tone' of the series because they think NV is representative of what the series used to be.

I mean, I can think of three separate occasions just off the top of my head that the protagonist in Fallout 2 references that he's a character in the video game Fallout 2.
>>
>>344272269
to be fair this guy is awful at pretty much everything.
>uses up all the minigun bullets on raiders
>>
Is survival mode like STALKER's master difficulty, in that I can drop an enemy in one shot and he can do the same to me?
>>
>>344283408
Yeah, but it was hard finding a video of someone fighting the Deathclaw fairly on Survival and not just cheesing terrain exploits.
>>
>>344283553
I'll give you that one
>>
>>344283528
Essentially, yes.
>>
File: 1467316101381.png (469 KB, 638x517) Image search: [Google]
1467316101381.png
469 KB, 638x517
All I can think about is all the prediction threads /v/ used to have where people would spam "it's gonna be Skyrim with guns" and it fucking happened, it became Skyrim with guns but with an EVEN LESS INTERESTING STORY.

I don't know if I am mad or disappointed, it's just so heartwrenching to see my favorite franchise lose everything that was good and unique about it and how it's basically become like a fucking re-texture modpack for Skyrim. "Play futuristic post-apocalypse Skyrim!"
>>
>>344267351
> retarded AI
mod arbitration ai
Survival helps
> Shallow quest lines
Can't help there
> Awful dialogue choices
Show dialog mod only exposes this more as above can't fix :(
most likely
survival might make you not take on as many bosses?!!!!?!
Mods various, let me know if you need a list
> No land barriers to slow down progression and exploration
There's a mod that sets levels of areas to force you via a certain path
survival and mods (true storms or something changes glowing sea to give more rads)
> Storms are tame as fuck
True storms mod
> Can't really role play
As anything, correct. Possibly alternate start mods may be ruined by your idiot character going on about their son.
>>
>>344269894
woah, pointing out special rare encounters that some people never fucking saw at all! you're really reaching deep into that f4 shitpile for excuses aren't you?
>>
>>344283734
The game is "post apocalyptic adventure time!" except we like the ideas of the fallout series like vaults and what not and oh hey, that franchise is up for grabs, lets buy it and do it our way! (ie take only a few things we like and totally ignore the ideas and fucking concepts of the game and make it a shooter!)
>>
File: 1467842181351.png (134 KB, 334x393) Image search: [Google]
1467842181351.png
134 KB, 334x393
>>344284104
So we need mods to make the game good
>>
>>344284291
Because everyone on ever playthrough decided to stumble through an unmarked patch of swamp southeast of Quincy to investigate a refrigerator, right?

And we all know that everyone reads every single computer terminal in the game with the thousands of personal log entries to pick up on the Jet mistake, right?

I swear, you anti-Beth faggots. There's so much to dislike that has some foundation, but you'll grab for anything.
>>
>>344285295
>So we need mods to make the game
Well, it's a bethesda game, what did you expect? The bigger issue is shit like:

> Shallow quest lines
> Awful dialogue choices
> MY SON SHAWNNNNNNNNNN

how the fuck do you fix that shit?
>>
>>344285606

This, it's fine if a Bethesda game is bad without mods. It's not fine if a Bethesda game is bad even with mods.
>>
>>344285330
> Make entire game about a water purifier
> Lawyer steps out of vault 200 years later, scraps shit in old neighborhood and constructs generators and water purifiers in mere minutes
> Pickups a gun and starts kicking ass, no noticeable moral effect or questioning anything > killing human beings left and right with out missing a beat "this is fine! this is my life now!"
>>
The problem is not taking the setting serious or not.

It's about TONE and WRITING.

The TONE of New Vegas is consistent with the originals. It's about a golden era USA gone to shit through nuclear war. The 50's asthetics reinforces that, since muricans idealize this period. The developers then contrast that with a wasteland.
The developers cynicism goes even further by depicting a post-nuclear wasteland where people are trying to rebuild civilizaion and with it comes all the conflicts and political problems of todays world.

FO3/4 is written by people who don't understand these subtleties and just want to make a Elder Scrolls game two weeks after the world's end.
>>
>>344285893
It won't have replayability, How many times do you want to play the character looking for their son? How many times do you want to go to the Combat Zone and it's always just another place to kill raiders or something like 90% of that fucking world is?
>>
>>344275553
Fuck you, Fallout Tactics was a great game (which was ruined in sales by butthurt "Not muh F2 children").
>>
>>344264241

It's not a bad game. But it's pretty bad even by Bethesda's standards, and shit-tier as a Fallout game.
>>
>>344285993
>and just want to make a Elder Scrolls game two weeks after the world's end.

If FO3/FO4 were actually just TES in a post-apocalyptic universe I'd like them more.
>>
>>344269226

>Best in the series
>Fallout is about combat

You only played 3 and 4, didn't you?
>>
File: Morrowind_LMAO.png (27 KB, 676x181) Image search: [Google]
Morrowind_LMAO.png
27 KB, 676x181
>>344272103
>Morrowind.
>wasn't a casualized piece of fucking shit

If you go by Morrowind fan logic when they hate on Oblivion in Skyrim, then yes
>>
Like 90% of /v/ is full of Obsidian fans mad about Fallout 4 not being Fallout NV 2.

I am just hoping Bethesda doesn't give Obsidian another chance to make a Fallout game. I don't think such rabid fans deserve a Fallout game from Obsidian. Everyone here pretends like Fallout 4 was the worst game in the history.

>Why can't Fallout 4 be Fallout New Vegas 2
>Why is Bethesda not Obsidian
>>
File: 1453332713730.jpg (240 KB, 800x567) Image search: [Google]
1453332713730.jpg
240 KB, 800x567
Be honest
Will obsidian get to make a game of fallout again
>>
>>344287474
not gonna happen
>>
>>344287474

Before they go out of business? Unlikely.
>>
>>344287474
Todd knows well that most of his audience wants shoot n loot games with no RPG elements. They just want to shoot baddies.

The actual FO audience that wants another RPG is a minority and Bethesda will certainly not care about them.
>>
>>344287834
this

>>344287723
and this
>>
File: 1466304434023.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1466304434023.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>344264241
Thank you for contributing to Fallout becoming trash
>>
>>344287457

Actually I believe this is the exact reason why Bethesda should get rid of the Fallout ip ASAP and give it to Obsidian. The hardcore Fallout fanbase is one of the worst gaming fanbases and has been a burden for Bethesda for more than 10 years.
If Beth gets rid of it then they might focus on TES.
The Zenimax suits would oppose this but maybe if Obsidian would agree to publish under them it might be possible.
>>
>>344279458
Get a mod that disable essentials? Its called "Mcdonough must die" and i find it thoroughly entertaining.
>>
>>344266593
To be great and fall. Of fucking course.

Nobody mourns Ride to Hell, Mindjack, Risen, etc etc. There is only saltyness for things that could be great or were legitimately great like MGS, Fallout, RE, so on so forth.

The resources may have been there, but you should have learned by now to not trust the craftsmen. Bethesda has been on a mediocre slope steeping downwards. I was completely fucking hyped for it up until the first trailer in which they showed NPCs using the same jogging animation from FO3. That to me gave it away and saved me from a massive dissapointment down the line.
>>
>>344279550
Creating a story that requires 75% of the total world pop in game to not die.....
>>
>>344288072
Obsidian can't make a Fallout game without the help of Bethesda. They don't have the money to produce such a large scale game on their own.
>>
>>344287474
Do they want to, though? They seem pretty content making their own Not-Baldur's Gate
>>
>>344283065
yes, fallout 2 allowed too many of what you would call now "memes" into the game or references to pop culture. Thankfully you could ignore a lot of it. Either way, it still shits on anything past 2.
>>
>>344288414

Then maybe they can get "help" from someone else, id, Arkane Studios, someone under Zenimax. BGS should stay out of it After all, people complain they "ruined" Fallout.
>>
>>344279550
A coherent story isn't worth much when it's fucking garbage kill yourself
>>
How many times do i have to say this, the main story is only the beginning. Finish up the shitty main story first and you wont have to hear about shaun or anything. You just choose which faction to ally with/betray afterwards, and there are a load of sidequests. The game does.not.end. after the main story.
>>
File: whitest_man_on_earth.png (735 KB, 599x593) Image search: [Google]
whitest_man_on_earth.png
735 KB, 599x593
>Become hero
>fuck everyone over after that
Seems legit
>>
I would have enjoyed it more if every. fucking. mission wasn't just "go to this area, clear it out and come back" what the fuck happened to Bethesda? oblivion and fallout 3 had some really good quests
>>
File: 1466676091431.jpg (2 MB, 1500x2100) Image search: [Google]
1466676091431.jpg
2 MB, 1500x2100
the only things i liked about it were the guns/gunplay and character creator (less oblivion potatoes)
also the butt was a lie and that bothers me
>>
File: enough.jpg (21 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
enough.jpg
21 KB, 396x385
For someone like me who enjoy the plot and don't give a shit about anything else, the removal of stat-specific responses was the greatest offense.

Todd Howard must be brought to justice for this travesty.
>>
File: 9067499.jpg (37 KB, 710x290) Image search: [Google]
9067499.jpg
37 KB, 710x290
This playthrough of fallout 4 ive managed to get all factions to hate me and aggro, this is superbly entertaining, especially with "mcdonough must die" mod. Slaughtered the minutemen, the bos sent bounty hunters after me, the institute sent coursers, the railroad has been slaughtered.

>life is good
>>
What's up with all the kiddies from riddet defending Fallout 4 lately?
>>
>>344289349
I also built my own empire of raiders to take over settlements. Brutally kill all the settlers to take a settlement by force. You dont even need to be in the minutemen to get a settlement if you dont already know. Just kill everyone there and recruit new people. I have at least 12 settlements full of my raiders
>>
>>344264241
>posts feminist girl with dog instead of iconic man with dog
>>
File: walter_white.jpg (217 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
walter_white.jpg
217 KB, 750x500
>Make a character who is essentially Walter White/Heisenberg, with the bald head, little beard and glasses.
>But bit more buff, and without the cancer.
>Also, no whiny family to drag me down
>Put bulk of my points into intelligence and charisma, to bluff and talk my way through situations even if I'm in over my head.
>It's fun to play a nice guy half the time and do what people want me to do and play along, only to become increasingly vicious and power hungry behind the scenes. My character would actually love to join the institute if there was a way, even if, no, especially if the rumours about them are true.
>Use everyone for my own gains, become a druglord.
>All settlements are neglected dumps, don't do minutemen or railroad.
>Accomplish most of my goals with the help of Brotherhood of steel, who think I'm loyal to them, but use them to help me gain access to the Institute.
>Tfw I'm Father's father
>Time to start shaping the entire commonwealth to my liking desu

All the faults of Fallout 4 are true, but it's always fun to roleplay in Bethesda RPG's and have fun with your imagination.
>>
File: 1452784522029.jpg (130 KB, 355x440) Image search: [Google]
1452784522029.jpg
130 KB, 355x440
>>344289890
It takes a true roleplayer to roleplay in such a restricted game wouldn't you agree anon?
>>
>>344288072
>The hardcore Fallout fanbase is one of the worst gaming fanbases and has been a burden for Bethesda for more than 10 years
Can you explain your train of thought on this?
I can see this being plausible if Bethesda was a small time studio, but the hardcore Fallout fanbase is an extremely small minority and Bethesda is a large company.

This is like saying EA should drop Dungeon Keeper because the hardocre fanbase of 200 people is a huge """burden""" on them. Completely retarded.
>>
>>344290065
What are some "non-restricted" modern 3D rpgs to roleplay? Witcher 3? Where allied npcs don't even have a hitbox?
>>
>>344290139
The hardcore Fallout fanbase is like 25% of their total Fallout fanbase. It is huge.
>>
>>344264241

Then you're a fucking idiot. There is zero reason to replay a game like Fallout 4 because of how they designed it to appeal to all of the Skyrim fans who want to play a game once and do everything in one run.
>>
File: heisenberg2.jpg (485 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
heisenberg2.jpg
485 KB, 1920x1080
>>344289890
Are you me? I always do a Heisenberg character in Fallout games.
>>
>>344290708
That isn't even half. You can even halve it to people who actually bother to complain about it on the internet. Halve it some more for people who are extremely autistic about it and would actually ""burden"" Bethesda by sending letters and shit to them.

They might as well not exist and only really out of touch old people will believe that the shitposters on the internet on a few websites are actually a large group and not a vocal minority.
>>
File: 1458581279160.jpg (96 KB, 640x794) Image search: [Google]
1458581279160.jpg
96 KB, 640x794
>>344285330
eat shit
>>
>>344290139
>the hardcore Fallout fanbase is an extremely small minority

It's vocal and fanatical. They have been hating on Beth since 2004 and they haven't given up.
And it's not just Fo1/Fo2 NMA, it's also the younger FNV crowd who haven't even played the originals but pretend they have who have the same ideas.
Fo4 was probably the most criticized BGS game, even before it was even released, and was shit talked all over the internet by these guys, regardless of the actual content of the game and I do think the game has serious problems but also good things.
This will only get worse and will hurt their sales eventually.
>>
>>344290139
>This is like saying EA should drop Dungeon Keeper
It's not like they are doing anything with the franchise anyway. Fuck, there must be some copyright expiration law for things like that or Atari's grip on Blood.
>>
>>344291834
>This will only get worse and will hurt their sales eventually.
And that's bad because?
>>
with like 250 mods you can make the game really fucking good a lot better than witcher'3 shitty fucking combat movement and terrible gameplay
>>
File: 1437435118051.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1437435118051.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>
File: 1441906112636.webm (2 MB, 1048x500) Image search: [Google]
1441906112636.webm
2 MB, 1048x500
>>
>>344291390

>George R.R. Martin
>competent

Whu? He's a Hollywood scriptwriter hack who keeps writing himself into a corner so he just kills everybody and starts with a new character in order to keep drawing it out more and more, just like tv shows reset to keep churning out seasons (and getting paychecks)
>>
>>344292641
>the word competent ever written in that image
>>
File: 1436021546254.gif (891 KB, 325x252) Image search: [Google]
1436021546254.gif
891 KB, 325x252
>>344292276
>>344292508
>somebody actually got paid well to do these animations
>>
>>344292276
>>344292508
What am I looking at here
>>
>>344292963
shell casing loops back into the gun

one bullet shot but reload animation dumps 5 bullets. also after the bullet was shot, it was cocked and a new round is chambered. but after the reload, it's cocked again.
>>
>>344291834
What the fuck do these fanboys want? You can't force Bethesda to automatically become Obsidian. They both do things differently.
>>
File: 1444489064842.webm (716 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1444489064842.webm
716 KB, 960x720
>>344292963
>>
>>344264241
I like it too. Just completed the glowing sea segment. The game is just an fps with rpg mechanics sprinkled in. Literally nothing wrong with that.

Skyrim with guns seems like a fair assessment. Good game.
>>
>>344264370
don't give bethesda any more money for another of their poorly optimized and buggy games.
>>
>>344264319
CBBE default nora is top tier. Whenever I do a bitchface sarcastic remark it gives me the hardest boner
>>
File: 1461532041631.jpg (189 KB, 500x566) Image search: [Google]
1461532041631.jpg
189 KB, 500x566
>>344264241
>>
>>344264241

That alone is an insult.
>>
The game is bad, not just shallow, not just a bad Fallout game, not just a disappointment. It's FUCKING BAD. Everything about it is just so badly designed.

It's buggy as fuck, the UI is the clumsiest I've ever seen in a recent AAA game, it runs like ass, there is no weapon or enemy variety, there is literally no RPG aspects to it at all, the enemy AI is terrible, the Legendary system is nonsensical, the quests are boring, the dialogue is badly written, the dialogue choices don't matter at all, the world itself doesn't make any sense (Super Mutant camp right next to the biggest settlement and the guards only deal with it when you arrive?), and I can go on and on.
>>
>>344279242
you're the fucking problem. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLptDJdI0L8&ab_channel=YOGSCASTWill
>>
>>344292508
What were they thinking?
>>
>>344295567
>20 seconds in you can see a fucking building with a seam in it that reveals the sky behind it
>>
>>344289890
the wimpy voice actor ruins it.
>>
>>344294583
No, there isn't anything wrong with that. But they are labelling it as an rpg. They go on about all the choices you can make ( yes, sarcastic yes, no (yes), and another yes or more info) they wrong a shitty story line, the crafting out of the bat (just walks out of vault, female lawyer, starts shooting shit with skill, no remorse or an thing, builds generator and waterpurifier (further shitting on their OWN FUCKING lore where the third game was about a water purifier))etc etc. there a a lot of things they upgraded and got right. And for every one of them, there 2-3 things they fucked up on. I could write like 4-8 chapters of a book about it.
>>
>>344289890
>playing pretend while the world doesn't react to any of your choices
>it's a great RPG
>>
>>344266593
It's better to be great and unknown. Lest your success corrupt you.
>>
I like modding and building with fallout 4 mostly, I haven't even met valentine yet and I have like 100+ hours.
>>
>>344296332
Yeah but see, in his imagination there a lot more going on. He paid money for a game, where he then has to pretend, for the game to work as he wishes it to work. Because you know, the actual game is a pile of dog shit. And saying that, I feel bad to the dog shit I just insulted.
>>
>>344279242
It was less specialized than a system with both skills and perks though.

Say you wanted to be a merchant character in Fallout. In 1, 2, 3 and NV you could pump up your Barter skill as fast as possible without limit, while still having the freedom to get whatever perks you wanted. In Fallout 4 however, you can't do that. You're forced to be a jack-of-all-trades and never specialize because of the level requirements to perks, and the fact that you're obligated to get perks that do nothing but replace what the skills already did (+20% damage perks and lockpicking perks). It's an objectively worse design.
>>
File: einstein.jpg (39 KB, 600x756) Image search: [Google]
einstein.jpg
39 KB, 600x756
>>344295567
jesus, everything in fallout 4 is casual as hell.
>>
>>344295917
This. He sounds 16.
>>
>>344297181
he is pretty funny at times though and he really goes ballsdeep on the sarcasm and psycho lines

the female voice actor sounds embarassed
>>
Removal of attributes in TES and the removal of skills in Fallout made both series cease to be RPGs.
>>
>>344289890
It's not roleplaying if none of your actions has a repercussion in the game world and nobody aknowledges it, that's playing pretend.
I can dye my power armor blue and pretend to be a Space Marine but that doesn't mean I'm roleplaying.
>>
>>344272975
Don't play it. Play New Vegas on survival with Project Nevada (since it have settings as close as Fallout 4 survival mode and there's an option to turn fast travel off.
>>
>>344297570

Most people play it like a sand box game anyway, it would be for the best if they make the game resembles the sims
>>
File: fallout 4 in a nutshell.png (825 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
fallout 4 in a nutshell.png
825 KB, 1024x576
>>344297181
he also gets very emotional in pretty mundane situations.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLoX-rdmU1g&ab_channel=lazybones2020
>>
File: fallout4scam.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
fallout4scam.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>344264319
It could've been better.
>>
>>344298130
>that voice acting
How did I not notice it when I did the quest myself?
>>
>>344296131
>lawyer skilled with guns
She's AMERICAN, and her husband was military. Those guys do typically show their wives the basics and have guns around the house.
>Kills without remorse
Like every video game ever?
>water purifier
Does this game take place before or after fo3? If it's after then maybe the purifier tech is wide spread? Also project purity was on a grander scale anyway, like cleansing an entire river so anyone could have fresh water, right?

I do think it's odd that both characters are running around building ANYTHING but since you don't actually see the construct anything, I like to imagine it's the one guy actually building stuff. The mechanic dude. I forget his name.

The writing to me is standard video game writing, but the dialogue choices are indeed shit, I agree there.
>>
>>344264241
>a bit
Wew
>>
>>344298712
>>344296131

I would also like to add that it's totally feasible that water purifiers in the wasteland are adapted from raided vaults, since those do have small scale water purifiers.
>>
>>344298712
>If it's after then maybe the purifier tech is wide spread?

Technology doesn't spread in a wasteland, it requires cultural exchange between different communities.
>>
>>344299005
This is horseshit. What the fuck are you basing that on?
>>
>>344299196
How does water purifier technology spread if the people who possess it will likely never meet people from other communities?

It's a post Apocalyptic world, communities are sheltered, you really need an unifying power like the NCR for technology to start spreading.
>>
>>344299196
what he's saying is reasonable, though.
>>
>>344299524
>>344299495

There are fucking traveling merchants and settlements all over. Vaults have been raided. It is easy to put 2 and fucking 2 together and deduce that some friendly engineers/mechanics have reverse engineered some vault tec and spread the knowledge around to some fucking degree.

Quit acting like retarded cunts. Not everything needs to be spelled out with specifics.
>>
For those bitching about the water purifiers, I want to point out that we also bitched about the water purifier fallout 3 because it was incredibly dumb then. Making a water purifier that can scrub radiation (which wouldn't even linger in the water for 200 fucking YEARS) is easy. If anything, you being able to shit water purifiers is the correction of the mistake that was fo3s plot.
>>
>>344300154
Where do they get purified water from you cunt. Why are there no food sources in a lot of towns you cunt. If there are so many people and so few trades, how do they live you cunt.
>>
>>344300813
Traders*
>>
>>344300154
>some friendly engineers/mechanics have reverse engineered some vault tec and spread the knowledge around to some fucking degree

Sure, after all the fallout universe is famous for it's engineers traveling around the world and getting mauled by Deathclaws only to spread knowledge.

Merchant travel between a small number of settlements, not different states you stupid cunt.
>>
>>344300354
I also wanted to point out our best baseline for full nuclear fucked, Chernobyl, has largely been reclaimed nature. The exclusion zone is full of trees and animals. Heavily irradiated trees nd animals, but they're there none the less. The world would not be a wasteland 200 years later. Radiation would still be a serious issue especially near zones where bombs fell directly or with lingering radioactive material. But the Boston wasteland would be much greener and everything would be overgrown with vegetation.
>>
>>344301234
I feel like the only reason FO3 and 4 lack vegetation is because Bethesda didn't realize there weren't many plants in 1 and 2 because it was set in a fucking desert.
>>
>>344264241
I don't like this game. I LOVE this game. I had high expectations but it surpassed them easily. Also it's so much better than NV that it's not even funny.

But of course since it's the most popular one and not made by le bestest studio to le ever exist with le god tier writing (aka Obsidian) people act like it's bad and nitpick the smallest of things while completely ignoring the huge improvements made in basically every respect of the game.
>>
>344302089
It's like you're not even trying. You can have a reply when you grow up and start using big-boy b8
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 57

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.