[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>game turns out to be more fun without a major game mechanic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6
File: Bez tytułu.png (627 KB, 606x563) Image search: [Google]
Bez tytułu.png
627 KB, 606x563
>game turns out to be more fun without a major game mechanic
>>
>>344261220
remove every auto and hitscan weapons and Tribes becomes 5x better
>>
bumpon
>>
>>344261220
>Persona without Social Links
Sign me the fuck up
>>
If you cut Motherbase/Fulton from MGSV it actually becomes a good game
>>
FEAR without slow-mo
>>
File: shrek sad.jpg (61 KB, 339x514) Image search: [Google]
shrek sad.jpg
61 KB, 339x514
>you die right before the save point
>>
mario no a button
>>
>>344261220
>Not just pulling the anime girl through the rope
>>
>Elder Scrolls without chance to miss
>Diablo without chance to miss
>World of Warcraft without chance to miss
>>
Enter the Gungeon with infinite ammo.
>>
>>344263058
>bringing pure into this unpure world

worse than hitler
>>
>>344262932
>social links that make a difference in the plot/gameplay.

Basically, what if social links acted as your stats? The emperor link is now strength. Wanna try to persuade someone? Better max out the lover link
>>
File: image.jpg (825 KB, 2374x2912) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
825 KB, 2374x2912
>GTAIV and V without the map or hud
>FEAR without slowmo
>Any MGS going nonlethal without tranq pistol
>>
>>344262953
If you disable reflex, marking and enemy suspicion indicators, the game becomes really intense and you actually need to recon and plan your route. It's great.
>>
>>344262978
On the contrary, try playing with infinite slow-mo
It makes the game even more trivial, obviously, but it's goddamn fun for fucking around with. Kinda like the tank cheat in GTA3.
>>
>>344262932
Then all you have left is a mediocre jrpg with shit combat.
>>
>Dark Souls without dying
>>
>>344261220
New Doom without glory kills.
>>
>>344263406
You know, I thought I would hate the glory kills, but I actually kinda like them. They go by so fast, all those E3 showings and commercials make them look longer and flashier than they are. Functionally, it's just a simple melee button with incentive to reward you for leaving your safe space.
>>
File: no.png (17 KB, 411x293) Image search: [Google]
no.png
17 KB, 411x293
>>344263273
>MGS
>Totally agree
>Thinking on trying it out on TPP
>Remember i have the hardcore mode installed
>>
>>344263279
>If you disable reflex, marking and enemy suspicion indicators, the game becomes really intense and you actually need to recon and plan your route. It's great.

Do people actually play with this shit on? Along with marking. It's like playing any rockstar game made in the past decade. Turn off autolock/aim as soon as you start playing
>>
>>344262932
Just play SMT then.
>>
File: 1448662486119.webm (1 MB, 1276x714) Image search: [Google]
1448662486119.webm
1 MB, 1276x714
>>344261220
I love Vesperia but overlimit eliminates the need to git gud with its robust combo system. It's better off without it
>>
>>344261220
I used cheats to stop time in Majora's Mask.

Fuck time limits.
>>
>>344266556
what "robust" combat system?

tales games are button mashy as fuck.
>>
>>344261429
Nothing wrong with the sniper rifle, buddy. Most of the automatics without hitscan/splash are acceptable too.
Otherwise, hitscan needs to be purged, though.
>>
Mirror's Edge without combat.
>>
>>344263031
just do half button presses
>>
>>344261220
every game with a timer
(super Mario world, etc.)
every single jrpg without random encounters

re4/godhand without tank controls
>>
File: Skyrim DB Initiation.jpg (557 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Skyrim DB Initiation.jpg
557 KB, 1920x1080
it's pretty obvious OP is talking about Skyrim without dragons.
>>
>>344266782
Yeah, if you play on easy. Try beating Volt in ToX2 on hard just by mashing buttons.
>>
>>344263273
>MGS without tranq pistol
FUCKING THIS.
Tranq pistol made the game incredibly easy
>>
>>344268125
What's up with those quest markers?
>>
>>344268796
You're supposed to kill one of those three. But the game lets you kill only one, two or all of them. Or the assassin who gave you the task.
>>
>>344265615
>Do people play with the default options on
Of course they do. I did for at least 30% of the game before I realized how shit it was and I was genuinely not enjoying myself with it on.
>>
>>344268897
Which is the right one?
>>
Dishonored without powers or very very very very limited blink usages
The powers just break the game
>>
>>344268972
It doesn't matter, it's just to show the brotherhood you have what it takes to kill a person you have no grudges against.
Killing the assassin starts the "destroy the dark brotherhood quest" and any other option starts the normal questline. Special dialogue is triggered if you kill more than one, and another one if you kill all of them.
>>
>>344268125
Removing quest markers supremely fucks up the game though. I've been down that road and tried it.

The game simply isn't built to have better quests. If you remove quest markers then suddenly you have no fuck idea where to go and no CLUES about where to go. Which sends you to either look that shit up on the internet (which is the same as having a quest marker just clunkier) or re-enable them. I guess you could also include wander around for several hours looking for something in a huge map.

This worked for Morrowind and Oblivion because of detailed, excellent journal additions. It cannot work for Skyrim because no such thing exists. Go to X place outside Y. No one will tell you where it is. Just search all fuck around Y until you find it.
>>
>>344262932
Play SMT. It even has better combat.
>>
>>344267207
>Nothing wrong with the sniper rifle, buddy.
hitscan
>Most of the automatics without hitscan/splash are acceptable too.
no
every single auto and hitscan needs removal
no exceptions
>>
>>344263712
I never really feel like performing Glory Kills forces me to do something weird. Doom isn't a defensive game to begin with so you're already running around a lot, might as well get in a few of their faces while you're at it.
>>
>>344261220
>azusa
No thanks.
>>
>>344269150
better but not by much.
>>
>>344267605
mirror's edge without first person. I disagree that the perspective somehow makes it "more immersive"

it's awkward as fuck and limits what you can do.
>>
>>344268131
well then it's just extremely unpleasant. these games aren't designed with that type of gameplay in mind. they don't really know what they want to be. that's why they're flawed.
>>
>>344269085
>Killing the assassin starts the "destroy the dark brotherhood quest" and any other option starts the normal questline. Special dialogue is triggered if you kill more than one, and another one if you kill all of them.
That's actually sounds cool.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.