[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rust
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: header[1].jpg (15 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header[1].jpg
15 KB, 460x215
Thoughts on the new XP update? I like it.
>>
>>344261148
Haven't played this for a while now.

Is the game still heavily favoring scumbags over good samaritans?
>>
it's good except the large canvasses are too fucking high level. that shit should be at 10 and below. it's already bad enough they cost a fucking insane amount of cloth
>>
>>344261345
>Is the game still heavily favoring scumbags over good samaritans?
Not as much considering now you are rewarded for helping other because you can get XP by doing so.
>>
>>344262934
Hey if you want to draw some big dicks then you gotta pay the price
>>
>>344264032
lol
>>
File: rust.jpg (608 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
rust.jpg
608 KB, 1920x1080
>>344264032
>>
File: kangs.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
kangs.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>344265074
saw this on the Dallas server
>>
>>344261148
Game is still garbage, its too Easy to get griefed so hard you give up.

I made a cool base, reinforced metal All around.
Someone used a fuckton of c4 to get in, steal everything, destroy everything, remove my cabinet, place their own and surround it with layers of metal walls.

Sleep raiding shouldnt be allowed
>>
>>344265571
it's been less than 24 hours, no one on unmodded servers has unlocked C4
>>
>>344265679
This was prior, you dumb shitrag. Xp System wont change shit about the pressing issues this game has.
>>
>>344265741
OP asked for thoughts on the XP system and you bitch and moan about the system that was in place prior to XP? great job m8
>>
Why the fuck does this game have a horrible community?

I fucking wish that the game had "expressions" to express the feelings across better. Espically when dealing with random "hostile" humans
>>
>>344265824
And my thoughts on it are that it is a stupid waste of Resources when there are significantly worse things that need fixing, like briefing being far too easy
>>
>>344265925

Because it transitioned to a survival game to a PVP based game.

There's literally no point to the game other than to kill people. Trying to "survive" from nature and the wilderness is trivial.

Killing is rewarded with loot and items.
Not killing is rewarded with nothing.
>>
I don't care what they add, as long as a group of 20 kids can make a server unplayable to anyone else, this game will be out of question.

If only it had some sort of PvE goal so people wouldn't need to have fun by fucking each other over and over.
>>
>>344266149

It used to have zombies but they took them out. What these games are missing is an actual threat that forces players to band together.

7 days to Die does this best but it runs like shit and there is no focus on massive servers but more like 1-4 player coop
>>
>>344266270
Something like radiation growing and taking over parts of the world, and people must unite to fight it else the world can become impossible to salvage
>>
>Unity

The horror... the horror...
>>
>>344261345
Basically if you aren't in a clan good luck. Playing solo is nearly impossible on a fully populated server, even right after a wipe.
>>
>>344266686

That's pretty cool too, but how would you implement that in game play wise?
>>
>>344266745
The game runs surprisingly well
>>
>>344265925
being nonviolent in these type of games is like playing on hard mode
>>
>>344266824
Just don't play on high-pop servers.
Also, there's a pretty interesting disease mod in the work that makes you get sick in groups.
>>
>>344266860
>after a few real life days, radiation starts spreading
>it prioritizes regions of the map with high amounts of players and buildings/chests (aka big clan bases)
>in order to control it people need to kill bosses, go through some of those underground dungeons that they have planned
>also need to destroy radioactive meteorites, which require you to wear the radioactive suit and hit it with a pickax thousands of times (so you'd need the help of other people)

And maybe other things that require cooperation, I don't know, can go nuts here.
>>
>>344266897
It does but Unity is still shit.
Just see how long it will take until animals are fixed, if FP doesn't cough up something on their own.
>>
>>344266971
Yeah but then that's boring. I wish there was a rust general on /VG/ like there used to be. The game died over there unfortunately.
>>
>bought game like 3 years ago
>having a blast with my friends
>an update comes
>suddenly I can't join any servers since they all get stuck on "receiving data"
>nothing I can do to fix it
>none of the updates have fixed it

What's up with this shit? Why does it even happen?
>>
>>344267861
Do you play on official servers?
>>
people play this garbage?
>>
>>344268021
I've tried official, community and modded. None of them work
>>
>>344268096
PVP is fun
>>
>>344268220
You might have to reinstall the game.
>>
>>344268376
I've been trying to get it to work for 3 years, I've reinstalled it and reformated my computer numerous times since then.
>>
>>344268629
You just needed to manually receive the data.
>>
>>344268629
That's very odd. What are your computer specs, also try joining a completely random server that you are positive you've never joined before.
>>
ITT Butt hurt
Git gud skrubs
>>
>>344269074
You can get the best Rust player there is but that won't matter when there are 5 guys with cross bows chasing you. I bet you think you're good yet you play with a clan and not solo.
>>
File: 13123.png (339 KB, 1283x479) Image search: [Google]
13123.png
339 KB, 1283x479
>>344268724
What?

>>344268779
>>
>>344269158
>Playing a group focused game solo
Why are you so stupid? Do you play EVE solo?
>>
>>344269173
>alienware
You deserve it, faggot
>>
>>344269431
I know
It's from back when I didn't know better
>>
>>344269230
>a group focused game
>he thinks he's good because he teams up on people
>>
>>344269567
Create a new steam account, family share Rust with it, then try and join
>>
Does anyone wanna try and play coop?
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.