[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good, free pc games that I can download and carry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: DLC.jpg (99 KB, 600x665) Image search: [Google]
DLC.jpg
99 KB, 600x665
What are some good, free pc games that I can download and carry around on a USB?

I'd like something I can play in my spare time without needing to install it directly on a computer, for various reasons. Small and quick or long games, either way. Just good free stuff.

Thank you.
>>
Ok well maybe I'll make a few suggestions just to get the ball rolling.

Spelunky (old version)
I wanna be the guy
Dwarf Fortress
>>
>>344260760
You might like Rogue Legacy and or Enter the Gungeon

Also lurkan
>>
>>344260973
When I say "free" pc games, I mean ones that are actually free, not ones that require piracy.

Unless you are just suggesting some fun games for me, in which case, thanks. I played some of rogue legacy and thought it was ok. Enter the gungeon reminds me of nuclear throne but I kinda like the atmosphere of nuclear throne better, though I've only seen footage of enter the gungeon.
>>
>>344261106
Well Cave Story would be the obvious choice. Doom free now days and has tons of mods to keep you entertained forever. There's also emulators and games there for limitless potential
>>
>>344261223
Isn't emulation illegal?
>>
>>344261435
well.. if you "own the original" it's totally okay :^)

also try battle for wesnoth or something, i guess.
>>
>>344261697
Wait, if I own god hand on PS2, I can download it and not face any consequences?

Sounds neat. Shame I never owned many games.
>>
>>344262337
I don't think anyone has ever gotten into trouble for downloading and playing emulated games.
>>
I don't understand.

You don't want to pay for games, but won't resort to piracy?

Why? Are you worried that the devs might need that ~20 dollars they'll lose if you download it?
>>
>>344261435
Why does this even matter? Is there some lawyer that hawks over you anytime to boot an exe?
>>
If you like Roguelikes, you could try:

Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead (Personal favourite)
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup
Elona+
Dwarf Fortress

All of these have pretty massive learning curve with DF being the hardest and C:DDA being the easiest, but they're absolutely worth it once you understand the basics.
>>
>>344262848
I'm just looking for some free downloadable stuff to play in my spare time during trips/work breaks.

I don't feel like I need to go and buy a bunch of new stuff on GOG or something, since these breaks are pretty short, and there's lots of good free stuff online. Enough free stuff that means I don't need to resort to piracy of any sort.

I'm just asking for random suggestions.

>>344263262
like this! Thanks.
>>
>>344262848
Some people have this thing called a conscience, I understand that's way too square for you hep cats here with your down-with-the-man attitudes and your saxophones.
>>
>>344259726
>that pic
Living in Russia must be hell.
>>
>>344263649
The funny thing is, that text on the side with the two sausages says "2 SAUSAGES FOR FREE"
>>
>>344263863
Really makes you think, huh?
>>
>>344262337
Legally, you are supposed to delete the rom after a few days.
>>
back when i was in TAFE i carried around that adventure game emulator with indiana jones etc
>>
>>344263262
did DF ever get non-shit graphics?
>>
>>344264383
Pretty sure PCSX2 can play the disc right out of your CD drive
>>
>>344264445
>hating ascii
>"muh graphix"
found the casual COD fan
>>
>>344263649
>>344263863
8 hot dogs is standard, isn't it? I don't see the problem
>>
>>344264445
Kind of? There's a ton of different tilesets depending on your preference, and a bunch just come prepacked with the Masterwork launcher, but it's still a tilebased game and is limited by that.

>>344264489
>liking ascii
Yeah, take your false sense of superiority somewhere else buddy.
>>
File: 1466940192704.gif (1 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1466940192704.gif
1 MB, 500x500
>>344264627
They clearly took out the sausages from the main packet and are marketing them as "Free" sausages.

You can see two fucking spots on the bottom pick where those hot dogs are supposed to be. The spaces they just took them from.
>>
If you're looking for an rpg you can check out OFF! If you haven't already
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.