[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Street fighter 5 worth it or still in the "wait until
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 14
File: 1.jpg (121 KB, 596x338) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
121 KB, 596x338
Is Street fighter 5 worth it or still in the "wait until it gets more content" list?
>>
Pretty worth. Story has some holes but is pretty enjoyable if you like these characters. This season of dlc characters is shaping up. Still hoping for at least an arcade mode to add at least something more to single player, but by the looks of it we might be getting more story expansions.
>>
>>344253049
Worthy, but i have a felling that the next update it's gonna be a great one
>>
Have they fixed the pc version of this game yet? Both of my friends who bought it say that it stopped working on their computers after a few weeks. Been holding off buying it til I know that it will run.
>>
I'd say it's in the "wait until KOFXIV is out and get that instead" list
>>
>>344253049
Define content. If you're looking to play a fighting game against other people, you've had the content the whole time. If you're playing for story and arcade mode, you've got half that.

>>344254657
idk what kinda computers your friends have, but they probably suck. The game runs fine on most computers for most people.
>>
wait until Super GOTY edition with all characters in
>>
>>344256484
characters, missions, stages, cool game modes.
>>
File: b633527b49ce7b9760183e4ba1ed8d30.jpg (321 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
b633527b49ce7b9760183e4ba1ed8d30.jpg
321 KB, 1200x1600
Well for the most part it's gotten most of it's content in. The story modes been released and now we're waiting on the final 2 DLC characters for the first season. They've said that they're making more single player content though.
>>
>>344253049
It's got enough single-player goings on, if that was really a sticking point. However, it's still expensive. I'd say if you aren't dying to get it, just wait for a repackage. I'm certain there will be one. Just some way for you to pay 60 and get at least the base game, stages, characters, and maybe a costume or two without having to pay extra or grind.
>>
>>344253049
>fighting game
>released half-finished at full price
>"we'll add the rest of the characters for you to pay for later"

Don't encourage this greedy Jew bullshit.
>>
>>344253049
By the time there is enough content to satisfy you, you will be left behind.

Its like faggots waiting for ultra super omega sf 5. Sure, you will get a better deal, but you will be 4 years behind in practice and in a few months people will migrate to sf6.

If you are into competitive games, you buy them as fast as they are released. But I guess you are a scrub, so yes, story mode was released already.
>>
File: kar.jpg (164 KB, 599x813) Image search: [Google]
kar.jpg
164 KB, 599x813
>>344256580
You've got 20 full characters and 2 characters that you can play in training/battle lounge via modding.

You've got 10 trials with each character, and since execution is piss easy in this game, that'll take you about an hour. They said they were adding daily missions, but that never came to fruition.

There's like 10-12 stages I think, idk. Three of them have night/daytime variations.

Story is really the only single player content.

The bottom line is this: do you want to play a good, popular fighting game against other people online? If yes, buy it. If no, don't. If you want that and single player, I'd still say get it.
>>
>>344256904
>16 characters at launch
>extremely balanced
>you can get the other characters for free by just casually playing the game

>jew

This is not gg m8
>>
>>344256904
>That you have to pay for

Nigga they got rid of the zeni system and changed it only to fight money now You just have to get good and actually win matches online/do the trials/play the story modes.

This is the closest we're going to get to unlocking characters like you did in the earlier eras.
>>
>>344254589
beside juri what we could expect in the next update a new stage? something else?
>>
what's better this or killer instinct?
>>
>>344253049
worth.
>>
>>344257286
Maybe arcade mode so people can finally shut the fuck up about it. That would truly be a gift from Capcom.
>>
>>344257286
I wouldn't hold your breath for anything else. Maybe with the Urien update we'll get a new stage or something.
>>
the story mose is garbage. only good for getting some fight money from beating it once.

the actual fighting is pretty good though. 20 characters in the game now, with 2 more just around the corner.
>game is more balanced than most other fighting games
>V system is much better than ultra meter
>crush counter is an ok mechanic
>no more focus attacks, no more fadc shenanigans
>no 1f links, everything has a 3f input window at least
overall it's a lot leasier than previous games to pick up and get to a level where you can actually play the game properly.
>>
>>344257496
If they can bring the 8f input lag issue, and get a few more characters in there it'll be a truly great fighting game.
>>
>>344257737
I think it's really a case of trimming the 8 frames, removing jab AA, and giving normals slightly more range.

It's a good fighting game now, and doesn't need much to be great one. It needs a lot to be a great video game, though.
>>
>>344257125
I spent an hour on challenge 4 for sim and I still can't do it.
>>
>>344257948
>removing jab AA
why would you do that?
anti airs are already pretty weak and not punishing at all. why take even more aa options away?
>>
So if I buy the game now, do I still have to pay for the DLC characters?
>>
>>344257242
You can unlock 27 characters if you get fight money from nothing outside of survival mode.
People that complain about unlocking characters have their heads in their ass.
>>
>>344258140
you can just unlock them with fight money
you get tons of it from playing the story mode, the character stories and some survival mode
>>
>>344257948
jab AA is only as good as it is because of how tough it is to stop people from jumping. Even the 8 frames play into this.

Karin and Bison players never both to anti-air because they possess two of the slowest AA options in the game and you really have to predict the jump to get them out in time. Jumping hitboxes are so bad in V that, dead zones or not, no one has a BAD anti-air.

You make reaction times more of a factor, and I think we'll see less jab AA overall.
>>
>>344253439
My mates and I have been bouncing this around and we have come to the conclusion that SFV is L I T E R A L L Y Sonic Adventure 2 and Charlie is fucking Shadow, 1:1
>>
File: 1437524854308.gif (678 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
1437524854308.gif
678 KB, 480x320
>shutting out waifufags with Guile's defense
>watching them rage quit or give up mid-match
I don't know about you guys but I'm having fun.
How are you liking those added characters?
>>
>>344258108
I suppose this is something that should be done after reducing the input lag. They're just fucking stupid on some of the characters (Ryu, Necali, Alex), and they're fast enough that you can just spam it and catch people.

Personally, I think a character with a fast DP shouldn't be going to jab as an AA option.
>>
MUH FIGHT MONEYYYYY
>>
>>344258235
Actually only 26. You would need 5000 more fight money to buy the 27th.
>>
File: 0831f12d6f29d58a.jpg (74 KB, 850x303) Image search: [Google]
0831f12d6f29d58a.jpg
74 KB, 850x303
Just wait for the inevitable Supa-Dupa-Extreme-Edition with all the content. No point in getting the game now.
>>
My friend said V will go on sale during EVO

is this confirmed?
>>
>half the cast dont have any reversal options
what the fuck were capcom thinking
its so fucking frustrating to get knocked down and then die to endless oki because of two 50/50 shit choices
>>
File: keking spaniard.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
keking spaniard.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>people still play fighting games on PC when the console versions are the only ones that matter and get used at important tournaments
>>
>>344259312
If Ryu and Ken weren't in the game invincible reversals would be completely removed. But they can never remove them because they are the poster children
>>
File: h'omo.jpg (57 KB, 300x276) Image search: [Google]
h'omo.jpg
57 KB, 300x276
>>344253049
>wait until it gets more content
>>
>>344259575
>If Ryu and Ken weren't in the game invincible reversals would be completely removed

Doesn't Guile have invincibility on EX Flash Kick?
I thought Chun Li did too with her bird kick
And also Karin's EX.. Thing.
>>
>>344259719
i assume he meant meterless
>>
>>344259575
Cammy and Necalli both have invincible DPs and they are both better reversals than shotos DPs
>>
>>344259869
even just EX invincible reversal is enough to stop endless oki from deciding a match in a bunch of coinflips. karin, ken, chun, ryu, necalli, cammy all have them.

its just so fucking frustrating when you get knocked down as balrog and the only thing you can do on wakeup is a fucking guessing game where ALL your options are shit
>block high
lose to throw, lose to lows, highs still leave you with frame disadvantage, overheads leave you neutral
>block low
lose to throw, lose to overhead, lows/highs still leave you with frame disadvantage
>tech
lose to every meaty, throw leaves you neutral
>backdash
lose to every meaty, throw leaves you neutral
>neutral jump
lose to every meaty, enemy can still AA you after his throw whiffs

the only way to reliably get out of oki is blowing your fucking super
shit just sucks
>>
So when do i start the online grind?
>>
I am a very casual fighting fan, I got the game+season pass for 60 bucks during the big in japan sale and I haven't been disappointed.

Story is nonsense but with some fun moments, doing challenges and survival is pretty fun too.
>>
>>344261067
Blocking low is probably the best option about 70% of the time. Eating a throw isn't the end of the world unless it's in the corner, and even then, it's a lot better than eating a combo. Overheads in this game really aren't going to lead into death in most cases, and they'll usually be minus enough if you have decent enough reactions to block high.

Learn the jump back OS if you're really that worried about everything.
>>
File: 1466410154635.jpg (76 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1466410154635.jpg
76 KB, 480x640
>>344258775
Despite his shitty defense Rog is fucking sick i love his new shit. Bullying people in the corner with kkb, cr medium combo, Tap
>>
>>344257242
>muh fight money
>>
>>344262174
is tap actually viable?
i played around with it a little bit, and getting a surprise 400+ damage tap in is super fun, but overall i dont think losing 2 buttons for most of the round is worth it.
maybe if there was a somewhat reliable way to confirm into tap, but the only thing i have found so far is a crush counter cr.hp, but the timing on that is super tight.
>>
>>344262517
It's fun to use, but no, it's not viable whatsoever.
I love to bully my friends at our gatherings with Balrog because they're pretty awful at the game. I held down all 6 buttons and went full on defensive until the last 10 seconds where I hit him with the first one and got him with the rest off the wall bounces. That shit does like over 1200 damage or some crazy shit like that.
>>
>>344253049
you are already months behind lol good luck kid
>>
File: ed.jpg (72 KB, 1191x670) Image search: [Google]
ed.jpg
72 KB, 1191x670
>>344258775
>shutting out waifufags with Guile's defense

Except Karin

>mfw watching that bitch resenha through a sonic cross
>>
>>344263038
God I fucking hate Karin. I just get completely fucking shut down by them. How do you win against their bullshit Guilebros?
>>
>>344263156
Switch to Nash.
>>
>>344263180
I would, but I really don't like motion characters. I fucking hate that they changed Charlie and Vega from charge to motion characters. What do Capcom have against charge characters man?
>>
>>344263180
I'd play Nash but I can't fucking stand slow walkspeed characters even if they have godlike dashes. It's why I dropped Bison for Guile in V.
>>
>>344257496
>just around the corner
HA
see you August 31st
>>
>>344262174
>Bullying people in the corner with kkb
nigga how
it seems to be everytime I do the turn someone just pushes a button and I get shut out
>>
>>344263567
You need to pressure them into crouching and go for the overhead. I know it's easier said then done but you need to make them fear you.

Go full giga nigga on them boi
>>
>>344262750
yeah
i keep thinking about which buttons to use to store tap, but i need all of them
>lp and lk - needed to throw, also for jabs
>mp and mk - neede for vskill, also vital for most of his combos
>hp and hk - cr.hp best anti air, st.hp best poke, st.hk as combo starter, jumping hk best jump-in, also cr.hk to punish sweeps and shit

losing any of those buttons just cripples rog so badly, i cant justify it
>>
>>344263471
>implying

Urien and Juri are already made, they just need to be balanced. We're more likely to get them on the 1st.
>>
File: original.gif (220 KB, 500x470) Image search: [Google]
original.gif
220 KB, 500x470
>went to a netcafe that hosts fighting game tournaments every now and then
>mfw god-tier players are in my country

I went to a tourney once where they thought my Arcade Stick was a cheating device and nearly banned me, so seeing there actually being a scene of players that are way better than me is crazy
>>
>>344263739
I'm not holding my breath
>>
File: MEGA CHUN.jpg (192 KB, 630x727) Image search: [Google]
MEGA CHUN.jpg
192 KB, 630x727
>>344263787
>I went to a tourney once where they thought my Arcade Stick was a cheating device and nearly banned me
Jesus fucking christ, I'm in stitches. Is there any more to that story?
>>
>>344263787
which backwoods town was that tourney, good lord
>>
>>344263909
training stage was banned because lines on the floor was unfair
tourney setup was first to 3 rounds, but you had to change character between, so once someone won 1 round, we would have to go to character select. They said that meter carry over between rounds is unfair.
>>
where is birdie on the tier lists? I played the game with a friend who supposedly has been playing the game for years and wrecked his shit with him

he was charlie
>>
>>344264273
Towards the bottom half.

He's a bad player and probably learned how to play fighting games wrong.
>>
>>344253049
>pc
Absolutely
>PS4
maybe
>>
>>344264363
i had no idea what I was doing since I don't play fighting games, I just made lots of full circle movements with the analog stick while hitting face buttons so my specials would come out, so doesn't that just mean Charlie is really shit?
>>
In all my years of playing SF online, I have never played a Ken who didn't lag the match to shit and just wake up shoryuken every time.
>>
>>344258750
So is Guile a faker hedgehog then?
>>
>>344264486
No, it means the person you're playing is a shit player.

It wouldn't matter if he picked an undisputed god tier character, if he can't play the game then he can't take advantage of anything.

Nash is one of the top characters to boot.

If you're talking Alpha 2 then Charlie is a hard counter to Birdie and Birdie is dead bottom tier. Your friend is bad
>>
>>344258750
SONIC ADVENTURE TWO, BITCH
SONIC ADVENTURE TWOOOOOOOO
>>
File: 1434571618499.jpg (648 KB, 800x1666) Image search: [Google]
1434571618499.jpg
648 KB, 800x1666
>>344264583
>mfw I did exactly that when I got into ultra IV
Its just part of the learning process
>>
>>344258923
upvoted!!!
>>
>>344253049
Wow you guys are shilling this game so fucking hard, i feel bad for anyone else who buys this

>literally unplayable online, complete fucking lagfest possibly the worst netcode in any fighting game
>game has 8 FRAMES of input lag, which is completely unacceptable for any fighting game.
>DLC characters are locked behind fight money, which is impossible to get unless you want to grind out hours of the most boring gamemode in history, survival.
>no arcade mode
>complete shit clipping on characters in character select and in story mode.
>shitty king of the hill battle lounge system.
I bought this game and i fucking regret it, please ANYONE reading this do not buy this fucking game youll regret it so fucking much.
>>
>>344253049
It's censored. It will never be good
>>
File: 1459944401193.gif (909 KB, 200x123) Image search: [Google]
1459944401193.gif
909 KB, 200x123
>>344265450
>>
>>344257286
Therewere lots of new stages in story mode so probably
>>
File: 1466457565478.jpg (184 KB, 677x674) Image search: [Google]
1466457565478.jpg
184 KB, 677x674
>>344265450
Maybe at launch, but not now. The netcode is fine.

The only valid complaint in this stale pasta. People have overblown the entire thing though, acting like the game is somehow unplayable. On PC there's less frame delay so if you're so upset with 8f go to PC. Apparently they're working on fixing 8 frames on PS4 as well.

The DLC characters can also be bought, just like in every other fighting game out right now. How the fuck is a system that allows you to get DLC characters by just playing the game a bad thing? Name one fighting game that has come out in recent history that has done that?

Survival is basically a much longer Arcade mode without the bonus stages. If you want cutscenes and story matches you can go through individual story modes or "A Shadow Falls" story.

Petty.

What is bad about the battle lounge system? There basic match settings, 8 player lobbies and the ability to put a comment on your lobby. It's fine.

why did i waste my time with this garbage pasta
>>
>>344253049
It's pretty meh. Mechanics are gutted. Character models look worse. Shame t b h
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.