[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why hasn't there been a Trauma Center/Ace Attorney game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
Why hasn't there been a Trauma Center/Ace Attorney game?
Start with Phoenix getting in an accident and Dr. Stiles performs surgery. After Stiles is accused of either murder either via purposeful malpractice or infecting someone. Phoenix defends him.
During another case have a witness be infected and Derek needs to cure them so they can finish their testimony.
Have a bomb in the court house because defusing bombs is apparently something Doctors do.
I know the two series are made by different companies but so were Ace Attorney and Professor Layton
>>
>>344248973
Did the Trauma games ever sell well?
>>
>>344248973
>I know the two series are made by different companies but so were Ace Attorney and Professor Layton
Ace Attorney and Layton are compatible genres set in compatible casts and atmospheres, though.

Trauma Center is a completely different beast and there's no way to naturally stick it with Ace Attorney.

It'd be a game full of gameplay and tonal whiplash
>>
>>344249848
what are some games that WOULD work with AA?
>>
>>344250312
Monster Hunter
>>
>>344249848
Trauma Team had Naomi as a Forensics investigator.
I guess the gameplay is very different, but I don't see why you think there'd be tonal whiplash. Trauma Center is more serious but it still has silly parts and Ace Attorney is more silly but still has serious parts.
>>
Oh man, I can't believe I forgot about this series. Is it dead?
>>
>>344250312
Make it an EO game where ou have to trek into the crime scenes and draw maps to evidence and when monsters show up you have to defend or prosecute or spirit divine them until HP reaches zero
>>
>>344248973
I loved the trauma center games, but I doubt we'll get another one. I'm not sure how well the Wii version sold, and that's the last one they made iirc.
>>
File: 1039404-trauma_team.jpg (159 KB, 803x695) Image search: [Google]
1039404-trauma_team.jpg
159 KB, 803x695
Was Trauma Team really so poorly received that it killed the franchise? I loved it outside of the Endoscopy.
>>
>>344249787
No. I'm surprised they made more than one.
>>
>>344250654
I've never even heard of this one and I own both of the others
>>
>>344249848
to be fair traume center is divided into two segments, at least as far as the first one goes:

Story segment where you're bombarded with text and nothing else

Surgery segment where you cut people up and draw pentagrams on their dicks

You could possibly put AA in the story segments, having some surgery scene appear after the end of an investigation phase and doc finding something to help with evidences and whatnot. He IS a doctor, so updating autopsy reports mid-case is nothing short of a possibility

>tense scenario, phoenix is trying to go all out and get the info he needs out of cross examination, but he's running out of arguments
>switch up to doctor styles on a patient with rapidly decreasing vitals
>scenes briefly switch between wright and stiles doing their job, both sweating bullets and trying their best
>stiles comes through (if you do) and rushes the fuck to the courtroom with vital information
>just as phoenix falls short of evidence stiles opens the door
>_________________________________gets on the floor______________________
>_________everybody do the dinossaur_______

I'd buy it
>>
File: Angie.png (1 MB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
Angie.png
1 MB, 900x1200
>>344250654
Trauma Center died because Japs didn't like it.
>>
>>344250461
>Phoenix defends clients to get parts from them to make suits to make him a better defense attorney

it writes itself
>>
i admit trauma center and phoenix wright are good but WHERE THE FUCK IS ADVANCE WARS THE ONLY GOOD NINTENDO SERIES
>>
>>344250920
>Surgery segment where you cut people up and draw pentagrams on their dicks
Mein sides!
>>
>>344251036
If it were just that, it would have died with the first game. It got to a point at which nobody was buying it in America, either.
>>
File: screenshot-1.jpg (75 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
screenshot-1.jpg
75 KB, 400x267
>>344252014
who the fuck thought it was a good idea to put a speed and precision game on the fucking wii? Shit's made for wagglan

At least the adult swim knockoff was bretty gud
>>
>>344252014
I guess no-one liked Magical Surgeon games.

Oh well.
>>
>>344252567
I did
>>
>>344252567
Trauma Center was dope.
>>
>>344248973
>Ace Attorney
>Justice for All
>Trauma Center: Under the Knife
>Trial and Tribulations
>Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2
>Apollo Justice
>Trauma Center: New Blood

Checks out.
>>
>Thought I sold Trauma Team but still had Second Opinion and New Blood
>Look at game collection
>Exact opposite, I still have Trauma Team but sold the other two
Fucker, Trauma Team is available on WiiU Virtual Console, but none of the other games are available.
>>
>>344248973
As it would happen, Phoenix Wright and Derek Stiles actually have the same voice actor in Japanese.
>>
I remember when both franchises were heavily underrated niche DS titles.

Now Ace attorney is mainstream while Trauma Center remains niche, how sad...
>>
>>344252425

I thought the controls worked great. They were certainly way better for me than the DS controls; I can easily XS most missions on Wii, but can barely beat the DS games on normal.
>>
Everyone that played trauma center pirated it. R.I.P DS generation smaller niche devs.
>>
>>344252567

I really really loved them in a speedrunning kind of way, optimizing missions was a total blast. I sunk a good 300 hours into New Blood trying to top the highscores charts.
>>
>>344250654

pretty much

it sold like half of what the other games did and even those games sold fairly poorly. it received next to no advertising
>>
>>344254268
but ace attorney came out over a decade ago
>>
>>344260009
Atlus is still around. They're just focusing on their more successful games now.
>>
The UtK2 version of Encroaching Shadows is my jam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwVlChSEmrc
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.