[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one fucked up more?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: lostworldzero.png (2 MB, 1200x854) Image search: [Google]
lostworldzero.png
2 MB, 1200x854
Which one fucked up more?
>>
>>344241418
I like SFZ tho
>>
>>344241418
lost world

At least Star Fox gave us what we wanted.
>>
>>344241418
Sonic Boom.
>>
Star Fox. That was a genuine disappointment, especially because Sonic fucking up isnt a surprise despite him getting a game every 18 months.
>>
Lost World was a decent platformer with plenty of content

Zero just has nothing
>>
Why you faggots gotta be negative about everything? Post things you LIKE. What do you faggots LIKE?
>>
>>344241418
Zero is absolute shit, sonic is also shit but it atleast has something to offer.
>>
File: 1467464862000.jpg (488 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1467464862000.jpg
488 KB, 1280x720
>>344241418
Tsubasa's game
>>
>>344241418
lost world, because it was the only one that was a bad game.
>>
>>344241942
Negativity.
>>
>>344242205
You will die old and alone, then.
>>
Star Fox Zero

No one expected anything good from sonic since Adventures
>>
File: 1379133073349.png (4 KB, 206x237) Image search: [Google]
1379133073349.png
4 KB, 206x237
>>344241418
Starfox Zero for sure, because the core game there was awesome. Then they went and added a bunch of terrible shit that purposefully fucked it up, and insisted on mixing their terrible gimmickry in there to boot. So it ended up being about 45% excellent game that we all wanted and 55% bullshit which is a lot worse then just having no promise at all.

God damn it, Starfox DOES NOT NEED FILLER, it's fine for the game to be short and sweet and awesome with value coming from perfecting everything over many replays. Shoving in shitty vehicles that AREN'T the Arwing or going to that garbage empty muhfreedommode shit is just so fucking unnecessary.

Fuck you Nintendo management you senile retards. I know it wasn't the team's decision to shoehorn in forced gamepad usage or other gimmicks, they made something great and then one of you fucking upper level suits told them that they had to fulfill some arbitrary feature checklist.
>>
>>344241418
Definitely Star Fox
>>
Come on, you faggots, post things you like.
>>
>>344241418
Sonic is obviously the worse game but people actually expected Star Fox to not be disappointing.
>>
I think everyone expects Sonic to fuck up, so Star Fox Zero.

'least Sega aren't trying to damage control Lost World
>>
Starfox. I liked LW even if the last 2 worlds went down the drain. Lots of creativity and good ideas in it though and i still come back to it for the multiplayer. I didnt even bother with SF because i knew it would be a piece of shit with no difficulty and content, like other new nintendo games.
>>
Sonic Lost World was a dud in a period what people thought was Sonic's comeback

Star Fox Zero killed a revival because of it's insistence on gimmicks
>>
Lost World tried something different in an attempt to move away from rehashing Unleashed day time levels over and over again, but it didn't work out.
With Zero, Miyamoto brought nothing to the table but awkward, heavily divisive motion controls to justify the Wii U gamepad's existence. It has a hint of Platinum's flare, beyond that, it's just bad.

Lost World was unfortunate, SFZ was a clear confirmation that Nintendo is still in dire need of new blood. I mean, motion controls and fucking chicken walkers. What was he thinking?
>>
>>344241942
I like Star Fox 64, that game was fucking rad.
>>
>>344242950
>>344242318
This, expectations and team quality matter. Nobody expects anything from a D-team working on a franchise that hit rock bottom ages ago. Any positive qualities in a Sonic game are pleasant surprises.

In contrast, Nintendo is (or should be) all A-teams or at least B-teams, and Star Fox has had plenty of strong entries spaced well apart so it's not like there's been any pressure to pump them out. I don't think anyone can ever reasonably EXPECT a 10/10, but from Nintendo for a franchise like this that they hyped up a reasonable amount expecting at least a 7.5 or 8/10 is not unfair. It doesn't have to be perfect but it shouldn't have any major flaws either. That makes Star Fox the bigger fuck up.
>>
>>344241418
Neither are bad games, but both tried to do something new that a lot of people didn't take to. Not bad, just "innovative", and maybe a little too much so. Maybe a little too far in the wrong directions.

And for what it's worth, I love Star Fox Zero. It's one of my favorite Star Fox titles up there with the original and 64.
>>
>>344244384
>le sonic is terrible!!! haha look gamegrumps i said it again XD

Dont spend this (you) all in one place now you hear?
>>
>>344241418
Star Fox Zero is pretty much what people were asking for.
Too bad people are casual as fuck.
>>
File: %22you the hedgehog%22.jpg (243 KB, 1251x974) Image search: [Google]
%22you the hedgehog%22.jpg
243 KB, 1251x974
>>344244562
>how dare you insult my precious game >:(
Just for (you) anon.
>>
File: devils-third-boxart-na.jpg (280 KB, 1049x1500) Image search: [Google]
devils-third-boxart-na.jpg
280 KB, 1049x1500
>a challenger appears
>>
>>344245431
Bringing in the turd of the devil is uncalled for, that's a low blow.
>>
>>344244097
eh, it was alright.
>>
>>344245431
Literally every person in existance knew this would be shit though
>>
Miyamotto's damage control makes it worse
>If you let kids who don't know any better play it that means it's a good game

Not the exact words but close enough, man has lost his touch eons ago.
>>
>>344246631
I feel like it's more that he's facing the really common issue of rut-syndrome. He's always been very genuinely talented and creative, but he's also been in the same place doing the same thing for a long time now, and it's hard to keep the mental juices flowing without new stimulation and challenges. I wonder if he'd struck out on his own for a bit, succeed or fail, or left Nintendo for a few years to do some radically different stuff at another dev and then returned, maybe he'd be a little more dynamic now. Kind of a shame really, though in fairness he's still a lot better then other big creatives who've done the same thing non-stop.
>>
>>344241540
no it didn't
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.