[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name one good thing about this game.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
Name one good thing about this game.
>>
>>344237285
gook games are so ugly

they all look like they run on simple primitive engines
>>
File: fiore ass.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
fiore ass.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>344237285
>>
>>344237918
THICC
>>
I'm interested, explain this game to me in the simplest way possible.
>>
>>344239728
Star Ocean is a series about travelling to a couple of different planets (at least two) in space, interacting with different species, and solving a potentially world-ending problem.

In Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness, you don't travel to different planets. You stick on your under-developed fantasy planet and sometimes fight people from another world.
And you backtrack to the same 7 maps the whole game.
The battlesystem encourages spamming the same attack and you can only equip 2 attacks.
>>
>>344240321
>Star Ocean is a series about travelling to a couple of different planets (at least two)
There's only one game in the series with more than two planets
>>
>>344241054
Star Ocean 3 - Earth (short area), underdeveloped medieval planet, underdeveloped medieval planet 2, the moon [honorary mention], planet styx

Star ocean 4 - Aeos, Lemuris, Cardianon Mothership (built around their planet), Earth, Roak, EN II, Nox Obscuris.

It's a very space-oriented series... and then 5 happens.
Sorry I haven't played 1 and 2.
>>
File: star ocean fiore.jpg (215 KB, 838x1600) Image search: [Google]
star ocean fiore.jpg
215 KB, 838x1600
>>344239593
I know right? Even her hair is THICC.
>>
>>344237918
>>344241578

For all the things the game does wrong, tell me that, at the very least, the protagonist can blow off the memey childhood friend character and nail the sexy mage.

Or do they go the SO 4 route and give you a static ending with a few bonus scenes that don't actually change anything?
>>
File: 1437265024850.gif (247 KB, 225x300) Image search: [Google]
1437265024850.gif
247 KB, 225x300
>>344241341

>I haven't played 2

GOOD THING YOU DIDN'T POST ANY OPINIONS OR THEY'D ALL BE INVALIDATED RIGHT NOW
>>
>>344241341
Earth is basically just there for the story as there's no real exploration to do in it and you can never go back. The moon and planet styx are both literally a single dungeon, while the first undeveloped planet is is just a village and two dungeons. All of these areas lose all their story importance as soon as you leave them. Calling it a game about travelling to different planets is a lie, you spent 90% of the game on the same planet and when you do go somewhere different it's just to do something quickly and never go back there.
Even SO4 which made each planet bigger suffered similar problems. Aeos, Cardianon Mothership, Earth are all simply one dungeon and you never need to go back there.
SO2 has two planets, but you actually feel like you're traveling to two planets because both of them are as big as the other, they have their own world maps and you can fully explore both of them.
SO1 has only has one planet like 5, except for one instance where you go to spaceship. It's actually a game about time traveling.
>>
>>344242106
stfu dude you're wrong get over it.
>>
>>344241823
I don't have the game, I'm just here for the ass. Maybe another kind anon can help you.
>>
>>344237285
It makes every other Star Ocean better by comparison.
>>
>>344241341
Star Ocean 1 took place almost entirely on an underdeveloped planet. Then you briefly go into space for maybe an hour at most, before going back to that underdeveloped planet and traveling back in time to a point when it was even more underdeveloped.

Star Ocean 2 had you stranded on an underdeveloped planet for half of it before going to a more developed planet for the latter half.

Star Ocean: Blue Sphere, a game everyone forgets exists, had the characters stranded on another underdeveloped planet, where the whole game takes place.

Honestly, several Tales games involved more space travel than more than half the Star Ocean series does.
>>
>>344237285
It's better than any Tales of game since Vesperia
>>
>>344237285
it's not Tokyo Mirage Sessions #Censorship
>>
File: 1452464316556.jpg (58 KB, 474x548) Image search: [Google]
1452464316556.jpg
58 KB, 474x548
>>344244438
That isn't a huge achievement.
>>
>>344237285
It has a funny name.
>>
File: 497.jpg (32 KB, 600x942) Image search: [Google]
497.jpg
32 KB, 600x942
>>344237918
>>
>>344237285
It's hair looks.. small.
>>
>>344244438
If Vesperia is your measure of acceptable level of quality among the Tales series, then you shouldn't expect anything from this series at all.
it's like expecting all FF games to be as good as VI
>>
>>344241823
Can someone who has played the game answer this?
>>
>>344248181
>8
playing it now, there are private actions with Flora just fine
but I don't think there will be something that big, like a marriage ending with her or something like that.
maybe it'll be like SO2 in which you can keep or drop the love interest, or having a "bro ending" with one of the other party members, leaving for adventure with whoever had the most affection with you
>>
>>344244438
Except it's not. Xillia and Xillia 2 alone aren't games where you mash the O button and win every fight.
>>
>>344248645
>playing it now, there are private actions with Flora just fine
One of the first ones you can get with her and with Fiore talking to Fidel Castro's childhood friend. She says she's not interested in Fidel and already has someone she's interested in.
>>
>>344249506
yes, though she's constantly getting friendlier as I advance
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.