[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
System Shock 2 Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: header.jpg (39 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
39 KB, 460x215
Playing this for the 1st time.

What am I in for and is it truly as good as /v/ says it is
>>
Better than Bioshit.

Worse than the first game.
>>
>>344219562
Just play it.
Go standard weapons for your first time around, they can deal with everything if you have the right ammo.
Get points into hacking and maintenance, 1 point into research would be good too.
Use your melee weapon as much as you can, ammo is scarce, a lot more than in Bioshock.
>>
File: 1374549703786.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
1374549703786.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1600
It has flaws, notably default controls and balance. If you can get past those, it's a great game with some novel ideas for the time. I like that it respects the player and doesn't hold your hand too hard.
>>
>>344219562
Hacking is super fucking useful don't neglect it

don't go PSI the first time around, you'll be squishy as fuck for a majority of the game
>>
>>344220884
>default controls
Oh no, it's fucking impossible to change them.
>>
its a classic, one of my favorite games
>>
File: waktf.jpg (128 KB, 1200x667) Image search: [Google]
waktf.jpg
128 KB, 1200x667
>tfw co-op is a fucking trainwreck that will never be even remotely viable

I just want to engage in the most extreme item maximisation the game has ever faced, is that so wrong?
>>
File: frito.jpg (71 KB, 510x384) Image search: [Google]
frito.jpg
71 KB, 510x384
>>344221553
>default
What do you think that word implies?
>>
>>344221553
What?
It's almost mandatory, the controls were outdated even for it's time,
>>
>>344221357
I just quicksave before every hacking minigame and then load if I botch it

pisses me off that it's random chance bullshit in the first place, rather than actual puzzles like in SS1
>>
>>344223303
>rather than actual puzzles like in SS1
Oh yes, the "tron" space ship puzzle. Nah, fuck off or git gud.
>>
Wear earphones, use melee whenever you think you can get away with it, and always be on the lookout for cameras. If you have to stash items, find a set crate, never store on enemies. Save often, especially before you start hacking.

More than anything, remember this is now a old-ass game, it's going to feel unpolished.
>>
>>344223698
I wasn't talking about cyberspace you dipshit, have you ever even played SS1?
And sticking a bunch of points into a hacking strat isn't "gitting gud". It's random RPG tier bullshit that requires no skill at all.
Solving the wiring puzzles in SS1 required actual logical thinking
>>
>>344219562
Just beat it today.

Fucking good.

Bought it last year, touched it a couple times but never really got into it. Decided to finish it and finally did it. Love every second of it. Beats BS1 now.

I recommend the SHTUP mod or something like that. It gives it a resolution upscale option and high-res textures and recreate weapons to look good, but stay true to the design. No gameplay changes. In terms of stats I went Hack>Maintence=Standards when spending modules.
>>
RPG mechanics were a mistake.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.