[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do weebs dominate the industry?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: weebs.jpg (1 MB, 1253x945) Image search: [Google]
weebs.jpg
1 MB, 1253x945
why do weebs dominate the industry?
>>
Because they buy games.
>>
>>344218837
Ni no Kuni sequel will probably do alright due to the Studio Ghibli connection, a FF spinoff is still FF and Persona is more on the mainstream end of weebshit, but those three-aside, will any of these actually sell decent numbers in the West?
>>
>>344218837
All weebs do is consume digital content. They steal all their anime, but they buy all of their games.
>>
>>344219075
World of Final Fantasy looks adorable and people always buy Tales games. The only ones who are really going to bomb is Valkyrie Chronicles, Sophie, and that bottom left idol game.
>>
>>344219625
>bottom left idol game.

These games are so niche that the only reason they get made is because they do sell. They sell well enough to justify their existence.
>>
>>344219625
>bottom left idol game.
Moreo Crystal will not bomb.
>>
>>344218837
Because the west is too focused on making detailed graphics and trailers.
>>
>>344218837
They don't. Japan just started catering to their own people more, whom most have shitty otaku taste.

Within the next few years I could see the west becoming the masters of innovation in video games again.
>>
even a westnormie should appreciate Nier Automata.
>>
Because western games take like 5 times the time to develope than JP games.
>>
>>344219957
Fucking this. If western developers actually gave a shit about making a video game rather than a cutscene/QTE montage and call it a game, we probably wouldn't even be having this thread.

So, my reason is because since Western games are so shit nowadays, we play Japan's games.
>>
Because Jap games actually have content
>>
>>344222714
Time doesn't mean shit
>>
No one makes fun games anymore.
Also they just make whatever the fuck they want and don't need to pander to sjw.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.