[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Its most sophisticated piece of tech is a 'silicon retina'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5
File: Terminator.png (538 KB, 720x825) Image search: [Google]
Terminator.png
538 KB, 720x825
>Its most sophisticated piece of tech is a 'silicon retina' which mimics how an eye works and processes visual data faster than a normal camera.
>A silicon retina processes pixels continuously sending a live stream of what is in the robot's environment. This allows it to anticipate the target's movements, identify its weak points, and engage far faster than a human being.
>The data is processed by the robot's AI function - a deep learning neural network that will learn from its experience in a similar way to a toddler.
>It uses laser beams to detect another robot or person. If it cannot spot anything it knows to walk around and search for its prey.
>This means the killer bot will get better at tracking its prey the more it is in the wild. Currently, the robot travels at around 37mph.

If we can make robots that can literally learn and aim at targets, why don't we have good AI in vidya?
>>
>>344208597
we've had this thread before
>>
>>344208597
Because it wouldn't be fun to play against.
>>
>>344208597
>why don't we have good AI in vidya?
We do.
We just can't use it.
If the AI sees you like you could see it, you would all call it artificial difficulty and complain about it.
AI is handicapped FOR YOU.
>>
the video game industry only has to appease a bunch of idiots whos expectations have been lowered yearly for the last 2 decades

also
>the people making robots are scientists

>the people programming games are not
>>
File: 1467322509846.png (172 KB, 324x451) Image search: [Google]
1467322509846.png
172 KB, 324x451
>>344208597

>dude robots won't take our jobs
>dude, AI won't kill all humans

I want off this ride
>>
>>344208597
Because programming a semi-sentient AI to constantly gather information around its environment would take forever
Not only that you would have to make the world around it extremely detailed so there would be something the AI could actually learn
>>
>>344208597

AI has been capable of incredible shit for a long time, but

a)consoles and low end computers can't deal with it because they require actual processing power instead of video cards and memory

b)players can't handle it
>>
Looked it up and the test ones are fucking tiny, they can only go 6mph. I can take it.
>>
>>344208597
> bot beats 10 v 1 jet combat handicapped
> bot beats grand master go player 4-1
> bot is superior and cucks you
>>
>>344209367
>I can take it

I don't think you can survive many laser blasts
>>
>>344209469
>laser blasts
lmao it's just light
you scared of flashlights too, fag?
>>
>>344209587

oh u
>>
>>344209127
Be more afraid on new generations becoming increasingly dependent on technology and then the earth gets hit by a massive solar storm causing massive societal collapse.
>>
>>344208597
I don't care if it was heavily scripted and pseudo intelligence, FEAR 1 had the best AI to fight against because they used the environment. I wish more games did that.
>>
>>344208597
F.E.A.R, Halo CE, MGS2, Metro 2033, Alien Isolation, DOOM.
>>
>>344208597
Because people capable of making good AI would rather use their skills to humanity than make a good videogame.
>>
>>344208951
Fucking this
>>
File: anime_gallery_sec_ren_2hl.jpg (35 KB, 720x306) Image search: [Google]
anime_gallery_sec_ren_2hl.jpg
35 KB, 720x306
>Experiment with Hunter/Killer AI's because science

Who the fuck thought this was a good idea
>>
>>344208597
ha! that sounds just like me.
>>
>>344208597
we do, just look at the halo series
>>
Soul Calibur 3
>>
>>344208951
Making "Perfect" AI for games isn't that easy. There still isn't perfect AI for lots of board games, which already can have huge amounts of possible board states. Making perfect AI where characters could be anywhere on the map would be ridiculous.
>>
>>344209127
>not wanting robots to kill all humans
Why?
Robots would take our place but have no bullshit like being genderfluid or otherkin. If they murder us and become our legacy we could look respectabe in the eyes of alien civilizations.
>>
>>344209780
I can't wait for this, finally we'll have our days in the sun.
>>
>>344214309
Then quit using a relative term.
There is AI that can spot you across the map in a lot of games, and a lot of people hate it.
There's AI that has similar hearing detection and sight detection as the player, and people hate it.
Case and point, EYE.
>>
>>344211710
>>344208951
This is stupid, its not the intelligence (ie. behavior and tactics) thats nerfed, its the CPU's base abilities (aiming, locating you etc.) the way a game works makes it so the CPU always knows where you are, and at what angle it can hit you (since youre playing INSIDE IT) the devs have to make them act like they do not know these things except when some parameters have been met (LOS, delayed reaction times, dice rolls).

This is why IRL AI is not nearly close to a problem yet, whenever a CPU is given the same base abilities as a human player, and put in a complex-multilayered game (think FPS, RTS, Grand Strat instead of Chess or Go), the CPU is always in a disadvantage and has to make up for it in numbers, base HP, etc.

A great example of this is the Civilization franchise, where upping your difficulty level only gives the AI free shit, as the AI is simply not advanced enough to challenge a human when it comes to that level of complexity in gameplay, and Civ is not really a complex game.

IRL AI is ages away from being a world threat, since it doesn't even have the advantages of operating within a virtual world to begin with. And its effectiveness is directly tied to development in robotics, which isnt really that close either.

To sum up:
AI in auto turrets: a real problem, they will fuck you up.
AI in actually waging a war against humanity in anything resembling a balance of force: kek
>>
>>344214512
Oh well, you're talking about just cheating AI, my bad. I thought you were talking about "Perfect" AI, as in AI that's supposed to do anything that isn't blatant cheating to win. (Like changing the game rules).
>>
>>344214309
>>344214512
You CAN NOT make a stealth game with what ever "perfect" is in your head. It would be too difficult for any one to enjoy.
>>344214578
I like how you assume you know what point I was making, and then roll with it for an entire argument with no actual basis.
You're just agreeing with me.
Autist.
>>
>>344209127
damn anon chill the fuck out, we robots will not steal your fucking jobs because there are things only robots can do.

>Kill humans
Now you are just being paranoid
>>
>>344214725
>(Like changing the game rules).
AI is not capable of that.
So again proving the point that people like you will bitch and moan that if AI is too smart then its cheating.
>>
>>344214806
>why don't we have good AI in vidya?
>We do.

We do not.
>>
why dont the millitary make a turret with an aimbot?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JMA4U9Fhvs
Sure the guy in the video is using a hack to get the position of the enemies but you could program it to point and shoot at thermal signatures in the same way.
>>
>teach machine to kill
>emerghed they are like terminators how could that happen xD

humanity is retarded after all
>>
>>344209780
When?
>>
>>344214965
Turn up the difficulty on EYE all the way to maximum.
Enemies will shoot you behind a corner when you can see maybe only a pixel of them due to LOS.
You just play casual games.
GG
>>
>>344214987
>but you could program it to point and shoot at thermal signatures in the same way.

So they toss a flare and now the gun is useless.
>>
>>344214929
The hell are you talking about? Devs make AI who blatantly cheat all the time, like extra stats or extra speed in racing games when it should be possible.

Even if you say "Oh that's not the AI, that's the game", there are still cases of the AI cheating directly. For example in fighting games a player has to do a specific input to tell the game that they want to perform a move. The AI can skip past that and just tell the game what move it wants to do, which allows it to do moves faster or in situations where a normal player can't do a move. It's not changing any game rules, it's just that the AI can communicate directly with the game.
>>
>>344209780

Why would I be afraid of other people having an exploitable weakness?
>>
File: 1462302214694.jpg (274 KB, 1517x1564) Image search: [Google]
1462302214694.jpg
274 KB, 1517x1564
Good
>>
>>344215210
wallhack through the flare

dumbass
>>
>>344215336
Are you really that bad at fighting games you can't beat AI? You really can't input faster than a fighting game CPU?
>>
>>344214929
>I have never played a racing game or RTS before
>>
>>344215493
Oh, so you're just shitposting, I guess you can be happy about wasting my time then.
>>
>>344215535
>>I have never played a racing game or RTS before
I'm not bad at vidya m8.
Racing games aren't hard.
Neither are RTS's.
Once again the case of players being bad and complaining.
>>
>>344208597
Literally. I mean, literally. Literally why are they making this robot?
>>
>>344215647
No i'm genuinely serious.
Do you actually find fighting games to have unfair AI?
Like do you legit believe they have artificial difficulty?
You're just dumb.
>>
>>344214987

Why would anyone bother with this?
>>
>>344214987
Because a physical object in the physical world can not move as fast as a fucking virtual computer in a video game you autist.
Are you stuck in vidya universe?
>>
>>344215768
Your issue is that you seem to think that someone saying an AI is capable of cheating means that they have trouble with the game. Don't you think it's kind of lame when game developers don't actually make good AI and just give the AI free resources or something instead? Especially when they just boost the cheating on higher difficulties rather than just making the enemy smarter.
>>
>>344215712
YOLO xD
>>
>>344215989
>AI is capable of cheating
>Direct input into the game is cheating
explain your self in a reasonable rational manner first anon.
>>
>>344215493
>Go for super input.
>CPU detects input before 1f of super startup and automatically uppercuts and bypasses input.

I hope I'm being taken for a ride.
>>
>>344215768
Actually yeah, tons of fighting games have bullshit AI that instantly do invincible attacks or counters the moment you press a button. It's not very common nowadays but before it was pretty much in every fighter.
>>
Is this cheating?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ygFeywrvjc
>>
>>344216172
Have you ever played a fighting game competitively?
I mean obviously casuals wont know this, but every move starts with a different animation.
So you can tell what move it is before it even goes through, woah wow!
Oh and guess what, you as a player, can do frame cancels
Wow!
Also would you prefer if it was just some shitty player you had to play against instead of AI?
Smart AI will predict your move.
>>
>>344216516
>Shitposter shitposting about video games because he's bored
>Instantly gets exposed when he tries to talk about fighters since he's talking about doing things that are impossible and clearly doesn't understand what another person is talking about

This is why I love fighting games.
>>
>>344215649
I'm sure you're just shitposting, but many games do have cheating AI. I'll name 2 sonic games- sonic rivals, which has rubberbanding (a cheating tactic that many racing games have), and sonic shuffle. Just read some reviews/watch videos on how bad the ai cheats in sonic shuffle.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.