[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
buying a mouse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: Rival2.jpg (45 KB, 1280x736) Image search: [Google]
Rival2.jpg
45 KB, 1280x736
My dad asked to buy him Steelseries Rival 300 for his birthday. It costs about $60 where I live.

Thoughts on this one? In that price range, can I get anything better for him?
>>
At that price a g600. There's nothing about 5 button mice worth that price.
>>
Rival is a great mouse but not worth $60
>>
Death adder IMO, But why not get what he wants? Didn't you that as a kid where your parents would buy a different brand of the product you wanted
>>
Why don't you just get him the one that he wants anon?
>>
>>344207523
I bought a Steelseries mouse once and hated it.
>>
i have it, its fucking great go for it
>>
File: g502-proteus-core.png (62 KB, 730x397) Image search: [Google]
g502-proteus-core.png
62 KB, 730x397
The Logitech G502 Proteus is an insanely good mouse, been using it for about half a year now, it's a bit more expensive though..

But honestly, buy him the mouse he wants, theres nothing worse than using peripherals you don't want/like to use.
>>
>>344208340
Well yeah, I'm going to give him what he wants. That's why I don't question whether he actually needs that mouse to play Civ, The Witcher or Far Cry. I also doubt if he did any research on gaming mice, so he might not know if there's anything better.

I myself don't give a crap about gaming mice. The tryharding times of COD2 tournaments are past me. I stick with my $5 10 years old mouse and it's good enough for me so I can't really be objective.

But, I'd like to know if there are some alternatives and show them to him, so that he can compare them and choose what he wants. I personally hate Logitech, tried a few of them a couple of years ago and all had issues with left button going crazy (clicking twice, not clicking, dropping folders while moving) just after few months.
>>
>>344207523
Just get him the one he wants or at least see if he's open to other suggestions before getting him one you think is better based off the opinions of tweens and middle schoolers on 4chan. It's entirely possible he doesn't give a fuck about functionality and just likes a simple 5 button mouse that he thinks looks nice.
>>
>>344209768
that's the idea, just asking for alternatives so i can show him
>>
>>344207523
>taking advice from retarded kids on /v/
Just get your dad what he wants, $60 isn't much especially for a birthday gift.
>>
>>344211082
You'd honestly be better off asking about mice on /g/, friendo. I personally don't know shit about mice anymore. I'm like you in that relatively cheap mouse usually suits my needs for years at a time. Good luck anyway.
>>
File: Redragon-Gaming-mouse.jpg (23 KB, 932x420) Image search: [Google]
Redragon-Gaming-mouse.jpg
23 KB, 932x420
>>344207523
Disregard all other suggestions get this beauty
>>
>>344207523
Good mouse with good censor. I'm partial to the Mionix 7000 but that's because I'm 6'2 with larger hands. I'd recommend Mionix or Zowie over other gaymer mice tbqh
>>
>>344207523
i have a Rival but mine was only $40

it's also one of the older ones with the really shitty rubber that peels. i think the new ones have a different material instead, but other than that it's a great mouse
>>
>>344208054
>>344209034
>Edge Lord Logitech gamer design

Kys
>>
>>344214240
Mionix Naos 7000

It's $55 on Amazon
>>
>>344207523
i have that exact mouse im using right now
its great, id say its worth 60
>>
File: 41Zu8AzrRiL.jpg (22 KB, 360x400) Image search: [Google]
41Zu8AzrRiL.jpg
22 KB, 360x400
>>344207523
I got this one for 20bucks, works pretty well for me.
https://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Kinzu-v3-H01-0001708-Mouse/dp/B011WBXSH2

I don't even use the button behind the mouse wheel, literally used the SteelSeries Engine to up the CPI to 2000 then never used it again. Be advised turning off the SteelSeries Engine turns off the extra mouse buttons and while it's on it eats up a bit of your system resources.
>>
>>344209252
Rival 300, Logitech G502, Zowie EC1-A, Razer Deathadder.
>>
>>344209034
Why the fuck did Logitech do this to their designs? They jumped on the whole ebig gaymurr gear train like 5 years late.

Absolutely disgusting.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.