[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went so, so, so wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: mvm.jpg (57 KB, 542x371) Image search: [Google]
mvm.jpg
57 KB, 542x371
What went so, so, so wrong?
>>
greentext valve
everything
>>
>>344202740
cosmetics and f2p
>>
I returned to TF2 6 months ago to check it and had no idea how this all worked. You pay to play some maps? To get loot? Extremely confusing, it's uninstalled.
>>
It needs new maps, but Valve is probably still making a ton of money without them. I played with people who had done over 500 tours (and damn they're the worst people to play with).
>>
Shit was fun for like an hour, after that novelty wears off, and the rewards where absolute trash anyway.
>>
>>344202740
nothing, game is great, getting competitive after 3years of planning
>>
>>344208476
I actually played at least a dozen hours of it, but it definitely needed more rewards. One item drop is something we get for free playing that amount of time, and the parts were just to try to get more money out of us.
>>
>>344202740
Nothing.
>>
The ARG was better than the end result
>>
>>344208931
MvM, not TF2 in general. Competitive MvM (like L4D versus) would be interesting, but it'll never happen.
>>
>>344202740
F2P

coming from someone who used to play it night 24/7, when it went F2P it felt like the community died overnight.
No longer were there communities full of interesting, passionate players, it was replaced by swarms of children.

I've tried returning, but I couldn't even comprehend the gameplay behind all of the emotes and obnoxious effect causing hats.
>>
>>344208476
This
And it just gets worse for the larger maps where veteran players are elitists (not saying it isn't rightfully so, it's just hard for someone to jump right into)
>>
>>344205363
no to your first question, you can pay (essentially donate) money to the community devs of the currently released map pack and yes to 2nd question
>>
>>344210165
> veteran players are elitists
No matter what, you're playing the wrong class, we need a medic/engie/scout/spy/demo and it won't be that guy, you bought the wrong upgrades, and you're standing in the wrong spot. I've seen them whining as we clear the final wave.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.