[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do fans of this game never talk about their favorite gameplay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: file.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2 MB, 1280x720
Why do fans of this game never talk about their favorite gameplay moments? They always talk about their favorite part that happened in a cutscene.
>>
>>344195857
my favorite gameplay moment is in pittsburgh when you have to turn on the generator after falling down the elevator shaft
>>
File: Sony Just.jpg (76 KB, 580x670) Image search: [Google]
Sony Just.jpg
76 KB, 580x670
>>344195857
My fave gameplay moment is the online multiplayer mode.
Mainly the one where you have to open the safe.

Beyond that in the campaign I suppose I enjoy the tense moments where you have to sneak past clickers or those big fat things I forgot the names of.

I guess I also enjoy getting into a hand to hand fight with a hunter or other human enemies, also those moments where I get surrounded and about to get my shit fucked but then Ellie helps me out by throwing a brick at one of them or something.
>>
>>344195857

My favorite moment is when Joel snaps, goes HAM, and tortures the ever living fuck out of some dudes to know the whereabouts of their boss's camp. This leads right into the segment of decimating said camp. It was pure hype the entire time.
>>
The Last of Us was a pretty boring third person shooter with a story that has been done a million times in movies and TV. People got excited because by making video games more film-like they think games are getting closer to 'art'.

The most impressive part about the game is the graphics though, it looks phenomenal for PS3 hardware.
>>
>>344195857
The only gameplay moment of any note that I can remember is being upside down, which did not really change much gameplay wise.
>>
I want to impregnate Ellie
>>
>>344196665
white knight, you are the demographic for these kinds of emotionally charged shit games.
>>
>>344195857
Walking simulator.
>>
I really liked pretty much every clicker encounter. Especially the section where you're climbing the half destroyed building. Such good atmosphere
>>
>>344196918
Youre a cis white male slaughtering an army of sjws to save his loli. its not so bad.
>>
>>344196363
Is that the dark building without Ellie (since she doesn't fall down).
That bit was quite good, pretty spooky.
>>
>>344195857
As someone who actually lives in Texas, Joel's accent doesn't make sense. He's from Austin, which is pretty much the liberal hippie safe haven of Texas. His accent would be more appropriate for someone from a more rural city like Waco, Lubbock, or Midland.
>>
>>344198156
yeah, that's probably why it's better than most of the game, you're by yourself and don't have the friendly AI breaking immersion and tension
>>
>>344195857
same happens for witcher, thogh that is generally praised on /v/
>>
>>344195857
I remember enjoying the part where the zombies are chasing you in the sewers when you're with the black guy. Ellie is trying to unlock the exit door. All I had were a few shrapnel mines and pistol rounds so I coundn't take them in a gun fight. I had to lure the crowds into mines. Just barely killed them all.
>>
The moment I loved in the main game was just outside the surgery room where the whole of the resistance crammed into a small-ish space.
By then I'd built up some pretty good aiming skills, bombs etc and as I kinda felt this was the last push I just threw everything I'd learned at them. Headshots, Magnum shots to the gut, shrapnel bombs. The buggers didn't stand a chance even on survivor mode and I just laughed.

For the DLC, the bits with Ellie in the sawmill were tense on Survivor. Almost no ammo, fuckers coming in through the windows and later down the hallway. Only one decent shrapnel bomb, maybe a molotov. Almost the direct opposite of the above example but finding a way out was very rewarding.
>>
Remember that truck?
>>
>>344196363

There was also a moment when you're in the infested dormitory and you have to sneak up under the nose of a big zombie, I got caught just when I went to the door, never pressed as quickly my buttons at any point in my life.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.