[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Torrents when?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: INSIDE1.jpg (40 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
INSIDE1.jpg
40 KB, 1200x630
Torrents when?
>>
Probably a month. Enjoy waiting
>>
>>344195632
why a month and not a year?
>>
D E N U V O
E
N
U
V
O
>>
>>344197259
this is the first game when i really regret that i cannot torrent it
>>
>>344194335
let's actually talk about the game.
This is so much of a retread of LIMBO: a short, atmospheric puzzle game with a pricetag of $20. While the game is really fun and super well made, I was expecting a lot more, especially after that nothing ending, once again, taken from LIMBO.
>>
>>344198779
Someone dies?
>>
Hm...
Looks like LIMBO and I really liked that game...
>>
File: wormie.webm (2 MB, 1250x680) Image search: [Google]
wormie.webm
2 MB, 1250x680
>>
>>344198779
I think it needed some survival elements and maybe some crafting or something.
>>
File: 304430_20160707215259_1.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
304430_20160707215259_1.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
looks cool and has nice sound design but its easy and short as fuck

buy on steam and get a refund after 2h
>>
>>344199687
can you beat it under 2h?
>>
>>344199562
That's not what I was getting at. I enjoyed the game but it isn't worth $20 at all. It's way too short, and while it does iterate on LIMBO in a lot of good ways it's also kinda just whatever
That final segment with the blob monster was cool though. Did the main character die or something or was he controlling it? Why did it just stop at the end, did it die?
>>
File: 1484150.webm (2 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1484150.webm
2 MB, 960x540
>>344199795
probably not blind
>>
>>344199795
3-4 hours. Limbo had spider eggs to collect and that extremely hard blind secret section.

This game has something like the spider eggs, but as far as I can tell they do nothing and there is no secret section. Could be too early to tell, but yeah. Limbo honestly felt like it had more content and was more challenging. This game is more about the "experience" I guess.
>>
>>344199880
fairly certain the boy was controlling it, because before the boy became a part of it it was just floating there more or less. The world seems to lack free will and a fight/flight instinct, which the boy does have.
>>
>>344200170
yeah there's a lot of cool scenery going on but it's not really challenging or anything. while there are little secrets to find, they're a little underwhelming.
>>
>>344199229
did he jumpstart it?
>>
File: 304430_20160707215544_1.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
304430_20160707215544_1.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>344199795
2-3 hours
>>
can someone explain the ending / what's going on in general? it seems that i'm retarded. would really appreciate it.
>>
>>344200703
Limbo was 2deep4u nonsense. This one is probably the same deal.
>>
>>344200703
my assumption is its supposed to represent capitalisms lack of humanity, as evidenced by the death of what can only be presumed to be the CEO of the company who is engineering that blob creature. The cinematography of that scene was too designed, it was done deliberately and its my opinion that it confirms my theory. The people floating in the water tied to servers are what I assume to be human computers, much like the "final boss" of deus ex human revolution. Again, another example of capitalism sacrificing humanity. All of the zombies and general degradation of the landscape is a result from industry and capitalism.

It's supposed to be deep man. Like, whoa.
>>
>>344201256
limbo was just a boy saving a girl.

This is pretentious drivel.
>>
>>344201328
>CEO

If you wait long enough you can let him live
>>
>>344201328
thanks anon
>>
>>344201664
didn't even think of that. It was so obvious that the game wanted you to just splatter him I just went ahead and did it. Thought it was really cool how a few of the workers helped you out though, like the guy using the keypad for the door or the scientist activating the propulsion box.
>>
>>344199795
You can but the reality is there's a few puzzles in it I think were designed specifically to waste your time and keep the game over 2 hours so people wouldn't refund it. If you know exactly what you're doing you could beat it in under 2 hours but most people wouldn't.

>>344200703
There's no real story, only theories because the game itself doesn't give you enough to go on. The best theory I've seen is the world is severely underpopulated so the humans who are left have created drones/zombies in those pods you see mostly in the beginning that are likely controlled via those worms that are bred in the pigs. The drones can be controlled with the helmets but to automate things they've created a hivemind (that giant mass at the end) to control everything for them; the mermaid/swimming monster girl and the other things you see suspended in water are either other hiveminds being formed or failed prototypes (because the hivemind also seems to live in water). The boy you play as is actually another drone being remotely controlled from a terminal underneath the cornfield who is trying to reach the hivemind and enter it so the hivemind itself can be controlled and escape. Too bad that theory has a billion plotholes of its own and still doesn't make a lot of sense....I would assume the reality is it's just "LE 2 DEEP IT'S WHAT U WANT IT 2 BE!!!" bullshit because it's apparently really hard to craft a solid (yet subtle) narrative in six fucking years for your 3 hour game.
>>
>>344201864
see>>344201328
makes a lot more sense. Don't know who had that hivemind theory but it sounds like it was formulated by a fucking child.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.