[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best version for PC?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: The_Sims_4_Plumbob.png (152 KB, 465x896) Image search: [Google]
The_Sims_4_Plumbob.png
152 KB, 465x896
What's the best version for PC?
>>
>>344193304
The original.
>>
I like 4.
>>
>>344193304
3. It's 3. Everyone else is both incorrect and also sucks eggs.
>>
>>344193674
>a game that is unplayable is the best

Kek.
>>
>>
>>344193778
>unplayable

Get rid of that 1996 Dell, Pablo.
>>
>>344193304
2 with all expansions and a bunch of CC.

>>344193674
>>>/out/
>>
>>344193878
Don't you mean, "get rid of all those expansions, Cortez."

1 is kinda shit but still nostalgic.
2 has some good content and works, but it lacking a bit on features.
3 has a lot of content but is doesn't work, and graphics looks like something straight out of Second Life.
4 looks and works fantastic, but has no content

I think if EA gets their dick out their asses for a second and makes some decent expansions 4 could end up being the go to game. But they seem more into making shitty stuff packs.
>>
>>344193304
4th one.
>>
2, always will be.
>>
>>344193304
2>3>4>1 imo
with all expansions ofcourse
>>
File: 120mq1u.jpg (52 KB, 640x408) Image search: [Google]
120mq1u.jpg
52 KB, 640x408
>>344193907
this
>>
The ones Will Wright worked on, 1 and 2. I know he had less to do with 2 and it's expansions but it's still a lot better than what 3 did. Also open for business best expansion.
>>
>1
Literally just play 2 you disgusting nostalgiafag
>2
probably the most well rounded experience
>3
Literally the best game in the series because of how good the open world and create a style are. It's such a shame they make the game an unplayable piece of garbage.
>4
A better optimized 3 that removed all of the things that made 3 more interesting than 2. No content. Unless you're that bad at playing older games, just play 2.
>>
I should reinstall 3 and play it. I fucking adored the house building in it, which was always my favorite part since 1. Does 4 offer anything new with build mode or is it shittier?
>>
File: 1456652296048.gif (993 KB, 290x198) Image search: [Google]
1456652296048.gif
993 KB, 290x198
>sims 2 feels really dated now
>sims 3 is unplayable with all dlcs
>sims 4 is so barren I get bored after few hours of playing
I wish I could spend days on sims 2, there was something special about it. But now after I played 4 I kinda canĀ“t go back
>>
Sims 2 was one of the first times I felt ripped off over a new game. Missing half the features that were hyped up during development.
>>
>>344195863
It's a lot easier to make quick edits (dragging and dropping a room, resizing it, shit like that) but it's so content-barren that it feels like there's no point.
>>
>>344196854
So there won't be a decent choice of stuff to even put in the house? I especially like the cabinets and stuff. Like how you could have separate base and wall cabinets and such, from what I remember. Is create a style still in?
>>
3 would be the best one by far if it didn't run like absolute shit. I really enjoy most of the content in it, in particular the tombs in the World Adventure pack.
>>
>>344193304
2. No contest. 3 is better than 4, 1 is nostalgiafag tier.
>>
>>344197084
On release, going from a full-expansion Sims 1 to Sims 2 was very disappointing. I understand that's a lot of content, but I hate this bullshit of not even giving us pets from the start. It's just like Civilization. Gotta wait for expansions for basic things like religion.
>>
>>344197084
This.
>>
>>344193304
2 is pretty good but doesn't have as much shit to do as 3.

If 3 didn't run like dogshit and take 5 hours to load up a map I would probably say 3.
>>
>>344196262
The secret to sims 3 is picking and choosing your packs. some of them are IMO essential (like seasons, generations, ambitions); others are to your taste (pets, supernatural, late night, showtime) and the rest are mostly curiosities that at best you'll play with a few times and drop (world adventures, into the future, island paradise, university life). Cutting out the ones you don't like helps a lot with performance. Plus all the fugly brand trash like diesel and katy perry.
>>
>>344193304
How do i make 3 run at more than 10fps with 20 minute loading times?

I tried disabling the object packs and still runs like ass
>>
>>344198487
You don't.
>>
>>344198487
If you could, this thread wouldn't be here right now.
>>
>tfw we'll never get the sims 3 with 2's content and 4's character/house building tools

In other questions, why have there been almost no expansions for 4? It's been the worst selling sims so far, sure, but at 5 million copies it's almost caught up to 2's lifetime sales and is an enormous number on its own regardless. It's not like it doesn't have the buyer base. At this point in their livespans all the earlier games had at least twice as many expansions.
>>
>>344193304

>1

Great ideas and large map but shitty graphics and obvious last gen limitations ruin the experience this day and age

>2

Amazing game play, a lot of mods, and just overall a good time but 3 does everything better

>3

Everything awesome about 2 multiplied but loading sucks and it can get choppy if you don't delete cache.

>4

Looks amazing and applies more ideas and much needed freshness than the old ones but doesn't include a lot of things established since 2, is very limited, and once you play Sims 3/2 with all kinds of mods installed this is not a game worth buying at the moment.

Personally I prefer the original and 3 PC to the series as a whole, but there was this island version which wasn't too bad if you like to play sims with a purpose like back on the ps2 days.
>>
>>344201240
3 doesn't have the charm of 2.
>>
>>344201738
3 doesn't have the "nostalgia" of 2.
>>
>>344201738

Well I will admit that, but its definitely better in a technical sense.
>>
>>344193304
I actually like 4 a lot, but I wish EA would stop being so fucking stupid. The first full expansion pack actually added some neat stuff that helped the game, then the fucking second expansion pack just added more DUDE PARTY LMAO shit which the game already had too fucking much of.
>>
>>344202197
>nostalgia
I still play it to this day.
>>
File: SIMS_call.jpg (19 KB, 410x206) Image search: [Google]
SIMS_call.jpg
19 KB, 410x206
>>344193778
Yes. Open neighborhood trumps everything. You learn to deal with shitty performance and it's preferable to loading screens everywhere.
>>
2 is a near perfect game

3 is unplayable with all the addons
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.