[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any games like SOMA. What i mean atmospheric games that have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Any games like SOMA.

What i mean atmospheric games that have an interesting story not necessarily first person horror games.
>>
> atmospheric games that have an interesting story

Pathologic. Other Frictional stuff. Talos Principle.

If you don't mind VNs, Umineko is very good.
>>
STALKER series
It's interesting, it's up to you to decide if it's good or bad.
>>
>>344187786
I agree on story with ShoC at least. The other 2 are still good plays, great atmospheric games
>>
>>344188128
Also, do you recommend SOMA? I really like the atmosphere, but is it OK gameplay-wise?
>>
>>344188430
Haven't played it so I can't say. Seems like a cool idea at least.
>>
>>344188430
Definitely play it. Gameplay-vise it's Amnesia except with less jumpscares and more coherent/fun story. It definitely left quite an impression on me at least.

What differentiates it is also that monsters are rather unique depending on the level and each of them has a certain gimmick - so just hiding as in Penumbra/Amnesia may/may not be enough.

Stalker is shit and I am saying it as a man who waited more than 5 years for the original one. Only people who praise it are western kiddies who have no clue what it could have been.
>>
>>344189314
>who have no clue what it could have been
Everyone knows, we all know, it hurts.
But they pulled a great game nonetheless.
>inb4 too many bugs
Many shit were fixed, you probably played the release version, motherfucking 1.0000
>>
>>344189635
I played it modded as well as CoP and CS. Sure, it's an okay shooter with some roaming and survival elements which is relatively open compared to some average AAA drivel.

When it comes to atmosphere? It falls flat on its ass big time. It's nothing but an FPS with an anomaly gimmick (which gets stale fast unless you AMK it) and a few versions of "lol mutated" humanoid enemies (bloodsucker being one exception, it was ok). Hence why I call it shit - because when it comes to criteria the OP wanted in a game, it is subpar at its best.
>>
>>344190056
Great, that's your opinion.
My opinion though? I think ShoC, while it has its downsides, it's still a solid game, and I also think you're a faggot who can't appreciate a thing for what it is. I could argue all day, but I think you couldn't at least consider my opinion.
>>
>>344188430

I finished it and enjoyed it, but there isn't all that much 'gameplay' to discuss to be honest. It was advertised as survival/horror, and I think they should have lived up to it more, for example by having items you can find and use in the game, like you had oil for a lamp in Amnesia for example. There also aren't really any puzzles or riddles or anything like that to solve, or at least nothing noteworthy. These kinds of things should have been implemented, they wouldn't change the core of the game (atmosphere, story) but still increase gameplay value a lot. But I did like it, the concept and experience of the game, but it definately could have been more.
>>
>>344189314
>Stalker is shit and I am saying it as a man who waited more than 5 years for the original one
Sure kiddo, we all believe you
>>
>>344187432
STASIS
>>
>>344191736
OK then, I'll pirate it.
Seems worse than Isolation, but alright.
>9 gigs
Bueno
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.