[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is there this huge demographic of autist teens who insist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
why is there this huge demographic of autist teens who insist on trying to self-impose rules on nintendo games to make them competitive, instead of just playing a game that was meant to be competitive
>>
>want to play Smash with friends
>no items
>Omega stages
>"don't use him, anon! He's OP!"
>>
>>344187608
You should see Pokemon's "scene". In 3v3s there's like 20 viable pokemon out of fucking 700.

Keep in mind that speedrunners, smashfags, and pokefags have huge overlap.
>>
File: 1467579526903.jpg (36 KB, 581x1032) Image search: [Google]
1467579526903.jpg
36 KB, 581x1032
>>344187305
because they have fun aspects that aren't found in other games?
try to find another fighting game that has movement as good as melee and i'll stop playing it
>>
>>344187790
>various jump heights
>running
>spotdodge
>wavedash
>double jump

King of Fighters, Guilty Gear, Mahvel, Vampire Savior etc...
>>
File: 1461170971803.jpg (87 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1461170971803.jpg
87 KB, 700x700
>>344187721
I know this feel, too.

>play Pokemon with friends
>no items except hold items
>no legendaries
>can't use X Pokemon for Y gay reason
>nobody understands the importance of stat buffs
>"Pokemon is literally the most balanced game ever and isn't broken."

I need new friends.
>>
File: antitourneyfags and sjws.jpg (156 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
antitourneyfags and sjws.jpg
156 KB, 600x800
>>
>>344188342
dash dancing?
moon walking?
sticky walking?
pivoting?
do those games have all of these
>>
My main problem is how it killed other fandoms. I cannot for the life of me find people irl who play street fighter anymore. Even my "gamer" friends, who outwardly seem way more into this shit than I am, don't play shit besides smash and league, and they aren't any good at either.
>>
>>344188387
if they actually said no legendaries while trying to be competitive that's bs.
only the most broken ones aren't usually allowed, and a lot of legendaries are in the lowest tier
>>
>>344187305
how come does pikachu a fat
>>
>>344189372
No legendaries period. It's bullshit as hell.
>>
>>344188658
>can my character go left to right insanely fast

yes, some games allow you to do this while your opponent is knocked down
>>
I don't play smash because everyone I know who plays smash is either autistic, overweight, smelly, or all of the above.

The overlap between regular smash players and people who have seen a vagina is probably pretty small.
>>
>>344189789
It really is jarring at events where both Smash and other fighting games are present.

>smash fans
>teenagers, fat, usually white

>fightan fans
>mid-20s, all shapes, usually black or asian
>>
>>344189763
oh, so they don't have advanced movement options that rival melee?
thanks for clarifying that
>>
>>344189789
I fingered a girl, but never saw her vagina. Does that count?
>>
>>344188387
I'm a diehard pokemon autist and competitive player and one of my biggest hopes for gen 7 is that game freak hired someone who knows fucking ANYTHING about how to make a balanced game. The amount of battles I have that purely come down to luck is absurd.
>>
>>344190216
>I'm a diehard pokemon autist and competitive player and one of my biggest hopes for gen 7 is that game freak hired someone who knows fucking ANYTHING about how to make a balanced game

Except that's fucking retarded to want because these games aren't meant to be even remotely competitive.

This is exactly what OP is talking about. You guys are such fanboys that you'd rather stick to Nintendo games and just *pretend* they're competitive if you squint hard enough, rather than play a game that is already balanced for these purposes in mind.
>>
>>344190448
Ok then. Please tell me the name of this game similar to pokémon but more balanced.

Because it doesn't fucking exist.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.