[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fire Emblem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: FE1_box.jpg (35 KB, 250x362) Image search: [Google]
FE1_box.jpg
35 KB, 250x362
What's the best way to play Fire Emblem 1?
Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light, Mystery of the Emblem Book 1, or Shadow Dragon?
>>
>>344182130
Dark Dragon has the most chapters and units, but has the sparsest narrative of all the versions and gameplay is a bit clunky (most notably in item management which is a nightmare)
Mystery Book 1 is very abridged and missing a lot of content, but has the best graphics and polished up the gameplay.
Shadow Dragon expands characterization and story, features almost all of the chapters in the NES game, and has the polish of modern Fire Emblem, but is ugliest game in the franchise. It is painful to look at. It also added weird mechanics like reclassing and forcing you to kill your own units.

There is no best way, they all have serious flaws. I'd say Mystery Book 1 has the best all around experience.
>>
>>344183681
Can you elaborate on the "forcing you to kill your own units." part
>>
>>344184097
There is an instance in the story where you a forced to select a unit to sacrifice. I mean you can just send a useless unit like Jeigan but it is still really stupid
>>
>>344184378
That's only in the easiest difficulty which I hope nobody plays.
>>
Also, on a different note, how do I get to the last 2 chapters in FE3, I played it a while back but it just ended after Hardin
>>
>>344185189
Did you get all 12 of the Star Shards? The other orbs?
>>
>>344185582
Probably not
>>
>>344185748
The 12 Star Shards come throughout chapters 3 through 12. You deliver them to Gotoh in chapter 14 to make the Star Orb, and in the same chapter you also pick up the Light Orb. The Earth, Life, and Dark Orbs come from chapter 16, 18, and 20 respectively.
>>
>>344186452
Alright, thanks
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.