[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any Mass Effect 1\KOTOR 1 tier WRPGS for PC out there?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 1466473565074.jpg (39 KB, 650x440) Image search: [Google]
1466473565074.jpg
39 KB, 650x440
Are there any Mass Effect 1\KOTOR 1 tier WRPGS for PC out there?
The only requirement they need is not being an ismoetric view bullshit Diablo clone and have a decent story.
>>
Apparently no.
I hate isometric view games too, and I'm fucked.
>>
File: 1408540527759.jpg (3 MB, 1672x4619) Image search: [Google]
1408540527759.jpg
3 MB, 1672x4619
>>344173934
there are some in this, check them out
no fighting about tiers pls
>>
>>344175810
These are all games from 10+ years ago. The most recent ones are probably TW2 (6 years ago) and Mass Effect 3. Are there really no such games from out current gen that do this right?
>>
>>344176917
There are, but since you arbitrarily dislike games based on their perspective, it severely restricts the options.

DivOS isn't isometric but the story is kind of an afterthought, it's more about questing/combat. It has one of the most interesting RPG combat systems though.

Witcher 3 is probably the best RPG in story terms to come out since New Vegas, if you haven't played that.
>>
>>344176917
no not really, and the recent ones that don't use isometric view are actually action games with leveling.
>>
>>344175810
>Oblivion, Neverwinter Knights and Shadowrun shit tier
>>
>>344177310
Sorry but it's just that I hate >le diable\lol isometric view game meme.
By the way, I'll look into DivOS.
The Witcher 3 is a game I played even a bit too much. We're close to 1000 hours, preorderfag with season pass.
>>
>>344177665
This.
You either get shitty MMO\moba\Diablo gameplay with a good story, or a shitty story with a poor dark souls\dmc clone combat.
>>
>>344178104
well there are turn based or w/pause 'isometric' titles like age of decadence and underrail. these two games alone made my last year.
>>
>>344177940
Have you ever played classic isometric games like Fallout and Baldur's Gate? The idea that isometric games are all "le diablo" is pretty ridiculous and makes me think you don't really know anything about the genre.

If you'll consider isometric RPGs that are not in any way shape or form Diablo clones, there are tons of recent options. Underrail, Shadowrun Dragonfall/Hong Kong, and Pillars of Eternity would all meet what you're looking for except they're isometric.

Oh, you could also consider Age of Decadence, which even isn't isometric. It's pretty hardcore though, fare moreso than KOTOR/ME.
>>
>>344178952
Yeah, I played them when they came out, didn't like them, didn't finish them. It's just upsetting.
Just give me an over the shoulder or first person view, so I can actually get immersed and enjoy combat. Looking from above with no control over the camera fucking sucks.
>>
>>344179245
then your choices are basically alpha protocol, gothic, morrowind and bloodlines. you won't enjoy the combat though. there are many first person dungeon crawling games from before 00's but i don't think you want them.
>>
>>344179245
I mean, you could play DA Inquisition. Sounds like that's more your speed.

Also, you might want to ask on reddit, and stay there.
>>
>>344179536
and the first dragon age.
>>
>>344179663
Please, i'm not a tomboy feminist from tumblr, I can live without that kind of shit in my life.
>>
Would you be interested if the game with isometric view let you move the camera around? For example an RTS with a campaign where you control armies?
>>
>>344180162
If there's such thing as an RPG+RTS game then absolutely yes
>>
>>344180282
I second this, what gaem
>>
>>344177789
>So stupid he can't tell the difference between "Low" and "shit"
>>
>>344179982
I didn't suggest going to tumblr. There are plenty of anti-SJW people on reddit for you to hang with who have similar taste in video games to you.
>>
>>344180885
>advertising reddit

How low /v/ has fallen
>>
>>344182072
Reading comprehension.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.