[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Controllers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 13
Should I get pic related or get a Dualshock 4 for my PC? Want to upgrade from my shitty Rockcandy 360 controller.
>>
>>344171942
was about to make the same thread, bump
>>
>>344171942
do you like how the dualshock feels? get a DS4

do you like how the 360 controller feels? get the xbone controller.
>>
>>344171942
xboner is a far better/higher quality controller than ps4.

Microsoft says they spent $100 million in R&D on the controller alone. Sony spent probably $1, having somehow produced a controller that is worse than the previous editions and also ugly to look at.

Also, the analog sticks still wear off. New Xbone controllers have bluetooth, make sure you get one of those
>>
I hate the Xbox bumpers, but other than that it's a solid controller. If I could get Xbox triggers, with Sony bumpers, it'd be great.
>>
>>344174136
they updated the bumpers, if you have only used early xbone controller.
>>
>>344171942
I prefer the feel and look of the Xbone controller but the clicky bumpers/dpad bother me too much.

Also depending on what software you use (you need software for the DS4 to work with most games) the DS4's touchpad doubles as a trackpad for mouse movement.
>>
>>344174325

This. There's another revision out in August that will have Bluetooth as well so you don't have to buy an adapter for wireless if your PC has bluetooth as well along with the headphone jack and rubber grips.
>>
>>344174325
I got one with the 3.5mm headphone jack, but the bumpers feel the same as my OG.
>>
>>344174553
>the DS4's touchpad doubles as a trackpad for mouse movement.

which is completely and totally useless. it's not a "feature". it has no purpose.

Note that if they both cost the same amount of money, with the xbone you're paying for a controller and with the ps4 you're paying for lights, a touchpad, motion sensing etc etc. shit that 0 pc games use.

The better buy is very clear.
>>
One controller works out of the box with almost everything, while PS4 controllers need a program that some games (mainly ones developed by retarded nips like Dark Souls 2/3) falsely detect as hacks
Wait until the bluetooth Xbox One controller comes out so you don't have to be at the mercy of proprietary bullshit
>>
When is it ever an option to use dualshit unless you're a giant sonygger.

In which case, kill yourself.
>>
>>344171942
Wait until the bluetooth version comes out if you care about wireless.
>>
>>344175242
>xbone you're paying for a controller and with the ps4 you're paying for lights, a touchpad, motion sensing etc etc. shit that 0 pc games use
You're right anon, PS4 doesn't at all work as a controller, the buttons don't even do anything!

Jesus christ put away your raging Xboner and settle that both controllers are equally effective, and that it ultimately comes down to the player's preference.

Also I find the touchpad useful as I sit at the other end of the room sometimes and it helps to navigate around if I can't be arsed to walk over and use a mouse.
>>
>>344174028
>higher quality
lmao nah, mine dropped from off my desk one time and the port that you plug the wire into barely works
>>
File: waifu.png (121 KB, 714x511) Image search: [Google]
waifu.png
121 KB, 714x511
Xbone controller is better in literally every way. It's higher quality build quality, it's better to hold, and it's completely effortless to use on PC (literally plug and play, you don't have to ANYTHING)
>>
xbone elite
>>
File: GameFedora.jpg (69 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
GameFedora.jpg
69 KB, 1200x1200
>>344171942
>>
>>344176009
My installer froze and I had to manually find the drivers elsewhere, had to install newest update of internet explorer and use that since the microshaft software store/library whatever doesn't work on any other browsers
>>
I went with a wired 360 controller, mostly because of price and I didn't like the bumpers and triggers on the bone controller when I first checked it out years ago.
>>
>>344175734
what i said isn't something you can argue against

if money is being spent on things like lights and touchpads, it isn't being spent on things like internals and the quality of the plastic.

this should be blindingly obvious to you after ps4 controllers have suffered from shit chinese thumbsticks for years, even after the issue was "fixed".

>>344175847
>I broke something and it broke
sucks to be you, learn to treat your things like an adult.
>>
>>344176259
I really want to like this until the autistic sonyggers said something about the xbox having the wrong stick placement, I don't know about you but my thumbs rest on the face buttons, left thumb mirroring the other side, are you telling me they use the Dpad for everything
>>
>>344176520
Not but usually 3D games will have your right thumb on the right stick a majority of the time, regardless of genre, in order to control the camera. So you end with both thumbs on the same level for 3D.

For 2D games I shouldn't have to explain, but the dpad and face buttons are on the same level.
>>
>>344176726
For 2D games, you don't need a controller with sticks in the first place and would be better off with a dedicated 2D controller.
>>
>>344176879
And I agree with you, I have a buffalo SNES controller.
But for as much as your point is valid, it still holds true that having the sticks on the same level is better
>>
>>344176726
If that was the case I'd have the sticks set up like the Wii-U pro controller, but then the face buttons become all kinds of fucked up from what I've heard from other anons
>>
>>344177298
The only shortcomings from the Wii U Pro controller are the lack of analog triggers and no back buttons. Otherwise it's the perfect controller with the best everything placement.
>>
get a 360 controller. they're cheaper
>>
>>344177534
They're also garbage
>>
>>344171942
You should get an Xbox controller for your PC

the PS4 controllers have shit drivers and poor support
>>
>>344177568
yeah but they are pretty easy on fix on your own as long as you have the tools
>>
>>344177568
They aren't garbage you fucking knob, its been the goto controller for years because of how much better they were than sony's shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 750x730) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 750x730
I use a ds3 for emulators and rocket league

but get an xbox controller. You just plug it in and dont have to do anything. Its also better if you have bigger hands.
And if youre like me and mostly play emulators, the buttons will be the primary imput, and your thumbs will be aligned.
just go to a fucking game store and hold both at the demo booths. Dont even play the game just molest the controller while its tied down.
>>
>>344171942

buy the new Xbox S controller, it has embedded bluetooth
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.u5.jpg (81 KB, 800x522) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.u5.jpg
81 KB, 800x522
>>344174028
>Microsoft says they spent $100 million in R&D on the controller alone
Then why does it feel like a cheap and uncomfortable piece of shit? It has no weight to it.

Oh yeah, they made a heavier version. AND IT COSTS $150
>>
>>344177593
>shit drivers
It uses DirectInput
>poor support
which is why you use DS4Windows
Dumb faggot.
>>
>>344177473
I'd personally doubt it works for a PC though, if I wanted a Wii-U I would have gotten it ages ago, and if Zelda is coming to the NX I'll just get that

>>344177534
My rockcandy 360 had bumpers that wore out in 2 months and my Logitech f310 had wire problems in less than 6 months, only option would have been an offical 360 controller, new ones are still stupid expensive last I checked so I just upgraded to a Xbox one controller
>>
>>344177915
>You have to use a completely separate program just to get your controller to work

Nah I'd rather just plug my Xbox controller into my PC, the driver instantly picks up and support works for all games that support a controller
>>
>>344177932
It works just fine on PC.
And I'm in the same boat, I'll get an NX and completely skip on the Wii U as long as it isn't a gimmicky piece of shit.
>>
>>344176505
I've had mine for a year; sticks are perfect. I've dropped it a few times too and it still works great
>>
>>344177830
>well my opinion says its bad therefore its bad for everything
>>
>>344175242
You're honestly a shit. They're around the same one just has more prompts and features
>>
>>344175357
Literally not true. I use ds4 with ds2 just fine
>>
>>344171942
Wait for the new Xbone controllers, they have Bluetooth.
>>
>actually buying Xbox controllers ever

How? They feel so cheap and literally every controller that isn't made by nintendo or sony supports xinput for >muh plugnplay retards
>>
>>344178337
>more prompts and features
>that no PC game uses
>hahaha but they're still features!
its not a feature if it doesn't have a use
>>
>>344178034
Kill yourself, you lazy faggot.
>>
>>344178542
>can't come up with a rebuttal
>just KYS
>>
>>344171942
they're making a new xbone controller when the One S comes out
wait for that
>>
>>344178034
You bone fags are literally retarded. You just download it once then plug and play
>>
>>344178103
Well maybe if I want another I'll get it, as I said I just got a xbox one controller with a 4 meter braided microusb cable, because fuck wires that tear after 5 months of use
>>
>>344178769
>I just got a xbox one controller
I'm sorry
>>
>>344178224
literally everyone in this thread
>>
>>344178523
Touchpad counts as 2 extra prompts. And just because you dont use other features doesn't mean others dont
>>
>>344178756
>download it once
so I have to go beyond to download another program just to get a controller to work with pluginplay?

My Xbox controller's driver is already in windows, it already has plug'in'play and it works the moment I plug it in with no additional shit what so ever.

Why do I have to go through so much more effort to use a controller that has less universal support?
>>
>>344179007
Because the dpad isn't shit
>>
File: PS4-controller-780x585.jpg (92 KB, 780x585) Image search: [Google]
PS4-controller-780x585.jpg
92 KB, 780x585
Are you ready for the most retarded combination by /v/'s standards?

Just connect your DS4 to your Mac either by USB or Bluetooth and you're done, it automatically detects it as a controller. Only configuration needed is inside your emulator of choice.

Don't get me wrong, OS X doesn't work for shit if you're trying to play games but it's certainly more comfortable than using Xpadder on Windows and any other controller.

I'm not saying it just werks but it just werks faggot
>>
>>344178991
If there are NO PC games that use those "features" they might as well not exist. If you never use something or its impossible for you to use it theres no reason to have it anyway. The touchpad is completely useless, all those six-axis gesture things are all fucking useless.
>>
>>344179061
>he's never used an Xbox elite controller
>>
>>344179007
The face of autism everyone one. Shocking what brand loyalty does. Downloading a 10mb program should not be a big deal
>>
>>344179247
It's still shit and if I want to play any kind of 2D game, either modern or old, the dpad and the facebuttons aren't on the same level
>>
>>344171942
Wait for XBone S controller.
>>
>>344178832
I'm liking it so far, I'm not gettin the 'cheap' or 'no weight' complaints to it, because I'm not a fat fuck with giant hands that crushes controllers
>>
>>344179124
Touchpad isnt useless it counts as two prompts which you can bind. Also by default counts as a 'mouse'
>>
>>344179404
Thats not autistic you buzzword spewing retard. My controller works IMMEDIATELY when I plug it in to any windows machine. Meanwhile I have to download a separate program besides the driver just to get a PS4 controller to work.
>>
>>344179607
>it defaults as a mouse
fucking useless when the left analog stick usually also binds to mouse.

No one uses it, no games use it, its like a car that was made with a 5th wheel, it never touches the ground and you can't do anything with it but according to your logic its still a FEATURE despite how useless it is.
>>
>>344179659
Which takes 5 seconds. Ds4 actually works natively, the tool just enables shit.
>>
>>344179809
If it works natively why do I need a separate program to get full support?

Hell I could have an HTPC with no internet connectivity and my Xbox controller will work immediately but the PS4 controller won't?

You're literally defending an objectively more complex and more efforted shit controller
>>
>>344179809
>it takes 5 seconds
>well my controller works with no extra software
>IT DOESN'T TAKE THAT LONG TO SET UP TO GET PLUG'N'PLAY
>well mine has it right out of the box
>FUCKING AUTIST
>>
>>344179759
The left stick never binds as a mouse lol. The pad is not useless YOU CAN BIND TWO KEYS TO EITHER SIDE OF THE PAD. BECAUSE THIS ALONE IT OBJECTIVELY HAS MORE FEATURES THAN AN XB1 CONTROLLER.
>>
Has anyone ese had problems with the D-pad on the Xbone controller? My left and up buttons are wonky
>>
>>344180075
my xbox controller does when the mouse needs to dominate the screen

>YOU CAN BIND TWO KEYS
why would I want to bind two keys to a useless touchpad? I could just press the two keys on my keyboard, what keys would they be anyway? Escape? Super Key?

>MORE FEATURES THAT ARE POINTLESS
>>
File: Steam_Controller-112-970-80.jpg (40 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
Steam_Controller-112-970-80.jpg
40 KB, 970x545
Any opinions on pic related? I have it right now and it's all right I guess, but I never played with Xbox or DS so I can't compare.

Still debating returning it to Amazon. It's good in TPP games but I can't decide if the little extra comfort over KB+M is worth it.
>>
>>344179910
>>344180031
either legit autism ,devil's advocate or a combination of both either way im done.
>>
>>344179659
Have you ever thought that's because XBOX is a Microsoft product? You know, those guys who also make Windows? Of course they aren't going to include third party software in an OS, especially if it's a competitor.

You're an absolute idiot. If downloading a 10 meg program is too taxing for you, then I'd hate to see what your daily routine is.
>>
>>344180150
I've never had problems, I think its people who simply mash their fingers over the D-pad assuming it'd pick up what ever you're trying to do not realizing they fatthumbed it.
>>
File: 1465404501572.jpg (46 KB, 422x353) Image search: [Google]
1465404501572.jpg
46 KB, 422x353
>>344179063
>Mac

Even Win 10 is better than using that shit
>>
>>344180264
this brand loyalty is disgusting. They're just fucking controllers
>>
>>344180310
>you're autistic if you don't want to put in more effort for something you really shouldn't need to do in the first place.

>>344180319
Not my problem your controller has no native driver.

>you don't want to download a 10meg program
point is I shouldn't have to for a plug'in'play device it should work automatically, but it doesn't and I need secondary software for it just to have full support.

>>344180482
>you're a brand loyalist shill if you don't agree with me
>>
>>344174028

Just got a bone controller a month ago, should've waiter for bluetooth, but fuck it, it came with the adapter, it is nice but for fighting games, hmm, the curved up buttons feel a bit off imo, i still think the NGC controller had a very nice placement for the face buttons, or at least making them different shapes made it easier to detect what the shit you were pressing, it's not a big issue but it certainly helped.

Though, what the fuck is up with those "start" and "select" buttons in the bone controller, how am I supposed to call them? The windows and the little list bar buttons?
Fuck that shit, what's wrong with start and select?
>>
>>344180758
>The windows and the little list bar buttons?
>Fuck that shit, what's wrong with start and select?
I could ask the ps4 controller the same thing
>>
>>344178903
Why do these threads exist?
>>
>>344180852

At least the PS4 controller has them labeled, as stupid as they are, "Share" and "Options" what the shit?, hell, even the fucking WiiU controller has the - and + labeled as START and SELECT, it's a standard, stick with that shit, please!
>>
>>344180517
Your only excuse for not using ds4 is because its not microsoft. You're ignoring all the objective extra features that makes ds4 a better product and its pathetic. The only objective 'con' is that you need 3rd party software to fully activate it, but its so minor that it should be ignored. And that so far is ur only reason ur giving as to why you apperantly pick the bone over ds4.
>>
>>344180758
>>344180852
Start and select controllers are obsolete relics of the NES era

They would be called "pause" and "options" or "view" nowadays.
>>
>>344181185
*buttons
>>
>>344178903
Not everyone, boyo. Might even buy me a Halo Xbone controller. Maybe get a complete set.
>>
File: get hype.png (20 KB, 610x205) Image search: [Google]
get hype.png
20 KB, 610x205
>>
>>344171942
You should get a steam controller. It's got more functionality than any other controller you can buy, is reasonably priced, and works with every single game on the pc.

If you are someone who downloads a game on steam and then launches it and never fiddles with the graphics settings or keybindings then don't bother.

If you are like me and you make sure every game works well on your pc and you customise keybindings to your liking than definitely go for it. Also being able to play any game helps like morrowind, civ, subnautica, oblivion, mount and blade, etc. with a controller really makes it worth it in my eyes.
>>
>>344179759
Touch pad can be used any way you want to. Wanna get a bit more precision in shooters at times, but keep the smooth movement that an analogue stick brings? Want macro each side of the touch pad for a couple extra buttons for whatever you want them to do? Well there you go. If you don't care about that stuff, it still works totally fine as a controller on its own.
>>
>>344182025
>no dpad
It's shit
>>
>>344182114
Pretty god to bind them as lean in fps
>>
>>344182330
>Turn right grip into modifier
>button pad now = dpad
Alternatively
>use left pad as movement
>left stick becomes dpad

You meant to say it has the ability to have the best dpad in the controller lineup right?
>>
>>344171942
Wait for the new controllers in August.
>>
You can get a crisp, new, official corded 360 controller for like $30 on Amazon.

Or you can spend 5 times that for the Elite Boner with like four extra switches and heavier plastics.
>>
>>344182547
Those are workarounds, and they're fucking retarded
>>
>>344182885
You've never tried it I can tell. I'm personally fine with the dpad anyway because you can turn off clicking and use it as a touch dpad. Modifiers and any game support make the steam controller better than anything on the lineup for pc gaming, (and I've used almost every big controller).
>>
>>344180303

I use it for any sort of sidescroller game (ex: shovelknight, guacamelee, rogue legacy, etc). I like how customizeable it is, with you being able to jump in and grab community created presets, along with being super easy to create your own.
>>
>>344182596
Or you can spend like $10 and get an older model, PS2-3 era. Only the 'Officially' produced controllers by Microcock and Sonygger cost $30
>>
>>344183561
Meant to finish with
>cost $30 or more.
>>
File: gamesir vs dual shock 2 and 3.jpg (478 KB, 1424x1068) Image search: [Google]
gamesir vs dual shock 2 and 3.jpg
478 KB, 1424x1068
>>344181590

Have you actually got it yet? I saw you in that shitstorm of a thread yesterday.
>>
>>344184310
It's coming along, should have it in the next couple of days
>>
>>344184310
Why does it look like a frankenstein job, made up of spare xbox parts? For some reason it just does not look appealing to me at all.
>>
>>344184638
It looks fine
>>
>>344180303
GYRO GAMING in FPS games
GYRO GAMING WHILE EMULATING WII GAMES
VALVE QUALITY SOFTWARE

Beyond that its okay.
>>
File: 1467014751407.jpg (239 KB, 1044x770) Image search: [Google]
1467014751407.jpg
239 KB, 1044x770
>>344174028
The dualshock 4 has been praised universally for being way better than the xbox one controller. They even changed the xbox one controller post launch slightly because it was so bad. The shoulder buttons are all fucked up aswell.
Just because /v/ is so anti Sony that they won't even recognize that its the best dualshock controller ever made.
>>
File: 1465770626534.jpg (7 KB, 185x250) Image search: [Google]
1465770626534.jpg
7 KB, 185x250
>>344178034
>native bit level controller support not good enough
Whats the difference you spaz?
You have a PC you can't complain that something isn't console enough for you.
Is this a low-key buyers remorse thread for xbone controller buyers?
>>
>>344175242
This person is delusional saying the ds4 isn't functional as a controller

Imo if you plan on playing any 2d games go for the ds4 for the better dpad. Also go for it if you consider the TouchPad a useful feature, I think it is useful when I'm sitting on the couch and all I need to do is click to start an emulator.

Go for the xbone if you prefer the higher build quality and the ergonomics of it, I've also heard that it just werks for Windows 10

One downside to the ds4 is that I find the triggers easy to accidentally press
>>
>>344186096
>Is this a low-key buyers remorse thread for xbone controller buyers?
Pretty much, just read the replies to OP
>>
>got a DS4 1.5 years ago
>no drivers for PC
>get some unofficial drivers called x360ce
>got softbanned from Dark Souls 2 on steam

thanks Sony
>>
DONT GET DS4 if your on PC

no drivers
no support
only some shady programs that can trigger VAC and softbans in games
>>
>>344185764
>I've only read reviews that praise what I agree with
>>
>>344182114
>Wanna get a bit more precision in shooters at times,
>using a fucking TouchPad for a shooter
I'd rather use the controllers sticks for that
>>
the dualshock 4 lets you control your mouse cursor with the trackpad, if you will be playing without a desk in front of you.
>>
>>344188253
A bunch of controllers have mouse mode.
>>
>>344186924
is x360ce safe to use or not?
welp
>>
>>344177830
>buying from the MS Store

Nigga you can find them on sale for like $100, if you aren't a poor fag. Could be worse, you could be paying the same price Scuf usually sets.
>>
>>344188253
It's a small ass little pad

If your sensitivity is set low enough you're gonna be swiping multiple tiles over and over and DESU a stick for mouse is more accurate than a track pad
>>
>>344187249
DONT GET DS4 if your on PC

>no drivers
Use directinput or xinput, aka the same driver used for 360 controllers
>no support
Ds4 windows makes it compatible with every game the 360 controller works for. Unless you are saying the 360 controller has no support either.
>only some shady programs that can trigger VAC and softbans in games
Ds4windows is open source, so you can check yourself to see if it is shady. I don't know about vac and softbans, but I highly doubt they would happen
>>
>>344187249
lies, basically
>>
>>344186924
>>344187249
Hmm if only there was a controller made for pc that worked with every pc game and allowed the user complete customization of the controller. Oh wait it's called the steam controller.
>>
>>344177709
>They aren't garbage you fucking knob
Except for the d-pad which is unusable.
Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.