[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you ready to take your competitive Smash Bros. Melee gam
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: SB1_grande.jpg (27 KB, 600x345) Image search: [Google]
SB1_grande.jpg
27 KB, 600x345
Are you ready to take your competitive Smash Bros. Melee gameplay to the next level? Here is the latest in Melee competitive play: the Smash Box. Created by the makers of the Hit Box Arcade fight stick, the Smash Box is the ultimate way to experience competitive Melee. Don't believe me? Watch as shines, wavedashes, and L-canceling are performed on this very machine here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM-NKXS1m2I

Link to site: http://www.hitboxarcade.com/blogs/smash-box
>>
File: 1466871637515.jpg (52 KB, 324x375) Image search: [Google]
1466871637515.jpg
52 KB, 324x375
How does this make you feel, /v/? I made this thread and I still don't know how competitive Melee got this far. Seems confusing.
>>
>>344170034
I think the button placement needs work but this is great
>>
>No sticks
>NO STICKS
>>
>>344170385
What would you change?

>>344170396
Is this your first time seeing a Hitbox? They're based off using keyboards as control schemes.
>>
>>344170034
its incredibly unlikely that tournaments will allow those to be used, at least in the long-term
pretty cool though, im sure the people with broken hands will appreciate them
>>
This is fucking dumb how do you do tilts or diagonal attacks reliably
>>
>>344171312
Do you not know how buttons work?
>>
>>344170034
Why would you put the analog and c-stick buttons on a T or cross shape when the entire point of hitboxes is that the buttons are laid out like your hand?
>>
>>344170243
It's simple. Melee positioned itself as an oppressed child in the social media era.

They made two documentaries about themselves, kept saying Nintendo was trying to shut them down, and whined nonstop about the FGC being mean bullies. Then they cried to the streamboars and twitter and got mad sympathy cards only to turn into egotistical shits that are on the verge of getting kicked out of every tournament they don't stage themselves.
>>
File: 1462054719159.gif (2 MB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1462054719159.gif
2 MB, 500x333
>>344171312
>White buttons on the bottom left read "Tilt Y Axis" and "Tilt X-Axis."
>>
While watching super technical inputs done far easier, that doesn't translate to good neutral. I played against a Fox that could run>short hop>drill>fast fall> l cancel>shine>short hop>nair constantly, and beat him in a 2 out of 3 round robin tournament with my mediocre falco.

This does however reduce the time spent in training mode doing tech skill practice, which is efficient.
>>
>>344170034
HahahahahahaahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHA
>>
>>344171653
Do people sincerely believe this
>>
>>344172490
Considering it's the truth? Yes.
>>
>>344171947
nice humblebrag

stop shitposting
>>
Why can't smash babies play actual fighting games? Is it because they require more skill? Is it because they don't have their autism characters?
>>
>>344172490
Dunno about that beginning part, but that last part seems right to me. I follow a lot of people on Twitter and sometimes I'll see comments from supposedly high-level players saying stuff like this. This guy, according to his bio, is the 15th best SSBM player. Maybe it's me not understanding how Smash works, but EVO is the largest fighting game tournament out there. Dunno why pros wouldn't want to attend it, much less call it "mediocre."
>>
>>344173009
>Why can't rugby babies play actual football?
>Why can't trumpet babies play actual saxophone?
>Why can't computer science babies study actual engineering?
>>
>>344170034
r the makers retarded? u need an analog for melee to perform tilts, u cant have buttons.
>>
>>344173846
I think the only retard here is you
>>
>>344173979
nah
>>
>>344170034
this looks unbelievably stupid. you could easily remove a good portion of those buttons and still achieve the same thing.
>>
>>344170034
This just looks incredibly inefficient compared to just a pain controller
>>
>>344170034
But how do you taunt?
>>
>>344173165
The argument is that EVO doesn't give melee a premier time nor a top 32 best of 5 format, and their argument is "we have more entrants and viewership than most of the other games" to have it.
They say "well, we are a big community now so we don't need this multi tournament events". They think people will still attend and watch The big house, Super smash con, Genesis, Pound and The summit. Thus, EVO, CEO, Dreamhack and Final round are not needed anymore since their fan base grow enough to be on their own.

I love watching top 32 best of 5 since I have the chance to watch players like None, wizzrobe, westballs, javi, amsa, etc. But they don't realize melee is so big they can't have all the time they want. Also, FGC still thinks smash 4, melee and probably pokken are the same community. Which in some form they are, because they share the same smash centric tournament events.
>>
>>344170034
pretty much automatically shield drops for you and makes firefox angles easier.
should be fucking banned
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.