[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will gaming ever be this much fun again?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: sanandreas.jpg (965 KB, 1345x1903) Image search: [Google]
sanandreas.jpg
965 KB, 1345x1903
Will gaming ever be this much fun again?
>>
No because you're not 13 anymore
>>
I MADE IT CJ IM A SUCCESS. I CANT BE TOUCHED
>>
>>344166169
I was 19 when it came out.

Was working part time in retail, living in the massive house my non-divorced parents owned and had an absolutely massive bowl of weed to dip into.

Was comfy as fuck.
>>
>>344166420
Jimmy, that you?
>>
Is this still worth playing if you never did or is it dated as fuck and surpassed by IV/V?
>>
>>344166542
Nope. But there's undoubtedly thousands of depressed men who fit that description from their youth.
>>
File: image.jpg (169 KB, 800x456) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
169 KB, 800x456
There already was
>>
>>344166784
Kill yourself, faggot.
>>
>>344166629
It is the best GTA to date, you just need to get used to graphics and old engine.

DON'T play mobile or Steam versions

Use this guide also

Alright, /v/, here's the ultimate, offical guide to experience GTA: San Andreas in the most complete and best way possible. (On PC of course)

1. Download GTA SA from Pirate Bay or wherever and install the English version.
2. Download "Things to do in San Andreas 'till you're dead and install the mod.
(http://www.gta-downloads.com/en/gta-san-andreas/total-conversions/12820-things-to-do-in-san-andreas-till-youre-dead.html)
This mod adds tons of cut content back into the game. Entire missions, voice overs, vehicles, mini-games that didn't make it into the final version of the game are accessible again. The story of the game is much more fleshed out like this. You'd be suprised how much more R* had planned for GTA:SA and is on the disc but isn't used.
3. Download the fixes to "Things to do in San Andreas 'till you're dead" and install all three of them.
(http://www.mediafire.com/download/8zehbjrci0xhzzt/TTDISA_AiO_fixes.zip)
4. Download ASI Loader and install it. Download Silent Patch and install it. (http://steamcommunity.com/app/12120/discussions/0/34096318964479523/) Tons of graphical improvements that improve performance and look of the game that R* could have easily made if they weren't such incompetent devs.
5. Download and install the PS2 Timecyc (http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=20208). It adds the original PS2 sky colours and lighting that are otherwise missing in the PC version. Without it, everything looks much more bland and dull.

I just tested this stept by step approach on my own PC, so it should work.

========================================================1 of 2
>>
>>344167183
Hey, I'm the guy who made this guide a thread ago and this guide is fool-proof if you follow it verbatim. There's a reason why I didn't mention the different versions, because the first mod "Things to do in San Andreas 'till you're dead" will automatically downgrade every version of the game to 1.0, no matter which you have (1.01 or 2.0). And v1.0 is necessary for modding. I quote the read me from the mod:

>All is not lost however, as installing the mod will also automatically 'downgrade' your game version to V1.00 so that it can run mods properly (see note below). This also means that if you have patched the game to V1.10 then the game will revert to it's pre-patched status.

I don't think that this guide works with the Steam version, though. If you've bought the Steam version, I'd advise to torrent the game.

Also, I want to underscore that it is imperative that you install the three fixes for "Things to do in San Andreas" (Point 3) , otherwise the Silent Patch won't work with the modded version of the game you have and you'll most likely end up with a botched installation.

Maybe you guys who saved this copy pasta should add these points as well for clarification.
>>
>>344166629
Yes it's worth playing, yes it's dated as fuck.
It's way better than V but worse than VC and IV.
>>
File: san andreas.jpg (222 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
san andreas.jpg
222 KB, 1600x1200
Soo much content in this game, seriously more than IV or V for those of you that haven't played it.
>tags, shells, photo ops collections
>Races
>bike challenges
>VIGILANTE challenges, including fucking pimping, ambulance, taxi, police using the HUNTER helicopter, truck driving
>Driving, motorcycle and boating schools
>Multiple girlfriends you can dat at the same time, or who will leave you if you neglect them
>HOT COFFEE
>A long exciting storyline
>3 distinct detailed cities and a dozen smaller ones
>Urban areas, woodlands, desert ghost towns, Mount Chiliad
>The Vietnamese gang leader is FUCKING BLIND and fights with you in one mission
>dat fucking jetpack
>dat fucking hydra
>Gang wars
>>
>>344168038
>more than IV or V
Are you a fucking lunatic?
>>
>>344168038
i think youre overhyping a lot of these things

collecting was simply a pain, looking back and forth between a computer screen and the game to try to find them
races were good
the vehicle missions again were just tedious outside of Brown Thunder
the schools were good
the girlfriends are fucking nothing, you only want them for their bonuses
hot coffee has to be enabled
long exciting storyline sure
the setting was good
woozie is cool but he only fights with you in one short mission thats just "go there and shoot that", he also runs into walls for comedic effect he wasnt very useful
jetpack is good
hydra is good
gang wars was tedious and not fun, its cool the first couple times but on multiple playthroughs you just want to get it over with quick

also it definitely does not have more content than V
>>
>>344168038

Content is a fucking meme, just because a game is filled with tons of fluff and spurious shit that doesn't make it good. Focus tends to age better.
>>
This game always made me feel sad when I finished all the missions and my brother and friends would no longer talk to me. Just me alone with my many instruments of mayhem. Sure the girlfriends exist, but Michelle was the only one worth visiting.
>>
>speeding down las venturas strip on NRG 500 with gf on the back
>hit a post
>gf dies

whoops
>>
>>344166784
more proof the iPhone posters are cancer
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.