[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does Nintendo suck at doing remakes now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
Why does Nintendo suck at doing remakes now?
>>
File: 1429264884045.jpg (56 KB, 313x254) Image search: [Google]
1429264884045.jpg
56 KB, 313x254
>>344149829
The pussification of Remakes is what kills me about them these days.

If a remake is just updated graphics and a new console to play it on, i'm cool with that and i'll buy it. However, Developers somehow feel the need to remake their games so the puzzles are now easier, and they feel like they need to baby the person playing the game because "thinking is too hard, and if they have to think then they'll quit the game"

When will they learn that literally fucking nobody wants this?

The only good example of this I can think of is the Triforce Hunting in Windwaker HD, Where they literally just put some of the triforce peices where the charts were.
>>
>>344149829
You forgot
- Completely reworked the save system to make it much more convenient (the single largest flaw in the original game)
- Completely reworked boss fight for the Stone Tower because the original was boring as shit (the new one is boring too but at least you get to wrassle the giant worms)
- Changed the way Zora swimming works (I hate this change and it was the hardest thing to get used to, but I've heard a lot of people saying the opposite so I guess neither one is perfect)
- Changed the way Deku Link's spin works (this barely matters but it makes him a bit easier to control since he doesn't have so much acceleration)
>>
As a fan of the original game, I have to say that Super Mario 64 DS controls like crap.
>>
Mm remake isn't bad but the original is better. I'm just glad I can play it on the go
>>
>>344150451
I don't mind a reworked boss fight but the Stone Tower one is complete shit, you abruptly get a semi-new gameplay style that's just "LINK SMASH"/shitty version of Goron Link's punches and personally I had a shitty time trying to hit the boss after I lost all my boulders I could throw at him. It was really frustrating.

>>344150674
I prefer the original myself for it's better controls & physics but at least it tried to add a lot to the game.
>>
>>344149829
Fuck you, OP.

Both had their art butchered, and Mario 64 DS even had it's jumping mechanics destroyed.

Don't propagate this bullshit notion anymore.
>>
File: laughing_whores.jpg (336 KB, 673x680) Image search: [Google]
laughing_whores.jpg
336 KB, 673x680
>>344149829
>Mario 64 DS
>good
>>
>>344149829
>not comparing it to Zero Mission, the greatest remake of all time.
>>
File: OOTgodess.png (130 KB, 249x380) Image search: [Google]
OOTgodess.png
130 KB, 249x380
Haven't played MM3D, but OOT3D is legit, loved it.
This coming from someone who played OOT back in the day on a 1.0 cart.
>>
>>344151119
What's wrong with it beside Luigi being OP?
>>
Mario 64 DS was fucking awful. It was uglier than sin and the game forced you to play as fucking Yoshi for 2 hours.

Yoshi.

Yoshi is fucking terrible.
>>
>>344151232
At least you got master quest stuffed in with it.
>>
>>344151232
OOT is a much more direct remake, they changed pretty much nothing gameplay-wise. The only thing they changed besides updating graphics was color-coding the water temple to make it less confusing
>>
File: to what end.jpg (15 KB, 201x247) Image search: [Google]
to what end.jpg
15 KB, 201x247
>Because of SM64DS we won't get a 3DS remake
Just end it
>>
>>344151535
They added one more item slot, gyro aiming, hint stones, and boots being item slots. Thank fuck for that last one. I don't know how on Earth a LEGEND OF VIDEO GAMES designed the water temple and thought that pausing constantly was a good design choice.
>>
>>344151232
>he thinks all gold carts are always 1.0

I'd bet money you have 1.1, faggot. not that it matters, but you're being a faggot.
>>
>>344151912
Completely different faggot here, what's the difference between 1.0 and 1.1?
>>
>>344151026
What happened to the jumping?
>>
>>344150451
I'd argue the save system change is one of the worst things about the remake. The best change being making it so i don't have to fucking rewatch the business scrub sequence every fucking cycle

Yes, it's more convenient, and yes, the original did an incredibly poor job of explaining to the player how it works; but the original forced you to commit to saving the game if youweren't quicksaving, and there was a cost attached, and that +having it tied to the 3 day cycle enhanced the whole atmosphere of stress and unease the game excelled at.

Overall, i'd say MM3d and the original 64 are tied. There are pros and cons to each that mostly cancel each other out.

>>344151026
>Both had their art butchered
Nice meme.

>>344151440
>It was uglier than sin
And yet it still managed to look better then the oriignal.
>>
>>344149829
but....but
>Using the D-Pad for a 3D platformer
>>
>>344151535
neither are remakes, they use the same engine

OOT 3D for example has sped up animations, they simply updated the models and textures

a remake would mean new engine, it is more of an upgraded port
>>
>>344152036
The most notable changes is that the Fire Temple music is censored in 1.1 & Ganondorf pukes blood in 1.0 but it's censored to green in 1.1.

Here, it's a big list but here's pretty much every different between all versions: https://tcrf.net/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Ocarina_of_Time/Program_Revision_Differences
>>
>>344151912
Some grey carts are 1.0. I had red blood, Muslim crescents and Fire Temple praise Allah chants.

>>344152036
Nintendo anticipated some controversies so second production carts of OoT (before it was even released) changed things I mentioned above. Any release of OoT such as eShop are 1.1 as well.
>>
File: bombchu.jpg (28 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
bombchu.jpg
28 KB, 640x480
>>344151912

>have

had, it was stolen by a fat jew cunt.

And yeah, it was a gold cart. Stop sperging over nothing.
>>
>remake
>handheld
why you expected it to be good? its a fucking handheld . it will be shit
>>
>>344151535
the gyro aiming made those slingshot/bow&arrow minigames easy as cake.
>>
>>344153079

It was a god send. For all the shit people blame Shiggy about (story on paper mario, etc), that was a good idea he had.
>>
>>344150095
>When will they learn that literally fucking nobody wants this?
YOU don't want this. Kids want this.
>>
>>344149829
>quality = more stuff
>>
File: 1394854900432.jpg (391 KB, 1174x1186) Image search: [Google]
1394854900432.jpg
391 KB, 1174x1186
>>344152036
>mfw gold 1.0 cart
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.