[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Team Fortress 2 the best in vanilla? Is there any way to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 22_48_21.jpg (154 KB, 600x339) Image search: [Google]
22_48_21.jpg
154 KB, 600x339
Was Team Fortress 2 the best in vanilla? Is there any way to still play vanilla?
>>
>Was Team Fortress 2 the best in vanilla?

No. It was full of map exploits and a lot of other turnoffs. Anyone who tells you release TF2 was the best is wearing those nostalgia goggles too tight. (TF2 is 9 years old, that's plenty of time for the feeling of nostalgia)
>>
File: nmhxdx.png (176 KB, 846x414) Image search: [Google]
nmhxdx.png
176 KB, 846x414
>>344149987
>TF2 is 9 years old
>>
>>344149987
What was the best version in your eyes, anon?
>>
>>344149212
tf2classic com
>>
>>344150272
TF2 classic isn't TRUE vanilla. They added shit like airblast (and the flare gun for some reason?) and a bunch of custom weapons (many inspired by the beta)
>>
>>344149212
Yes, is called "The Orange Box" for PS3 and Xbox 360.
>>
>>344150409
it's the closest thing to vanilla available currently
>>
>>344150924
Closest thing to vanilla currently are the console versions
>>
It's full of furries and kids that spend the whole match congaing and taunting, and calling other people "tryhards!!!" because they get killed.
>>
>>344151043
Well they're adding competitive (and casual) matchmaking today.
http://www.teamfortress.com/
>>
>>344150958
Totally forget those things even exist, does anyone even play them
>>
I'd take current TF2 without unusuals or painted hats over vanilla

Nuke the hats
All of them
>>
>>344151236
If hats are the only thing that bother you

http://www.teamfortress.tv/16179/no-hats-mod/?page=12#353
>>
I had played a game of vanilla tf2 just yesterday because a server I was playing was down.

It was a pretty pleasant experience and definitely felt very nostalgic.TF2 would have gotten so boring however if it remained classic for the entire 9 years after creation.
>>
>>344151443
the item server.
>>
>>344151347
No, it's actually the community that made me leave in early 2013 I think, whenever mvm was put in, quit just after that. No hats whatsoever wouldn't do much for me since quite a few look quite nice, it's just fucking pink and green hats and unusuals that made the eyesore
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.