[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 13
File: Dying_Light_cover.jpg (30 KB, 284x351) Image search: [Google]
Dying_Light_cover.jpg
30 KB, 284x351
Your thoughts?
>>
Surprisingly good
>>
The game is fun at the start when you can't one-shot everything. You're supposed to be cautious at night but you become fucking invincible less than halfway through.
>>
surprisingly bad
>>
File: Krip.png (71 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Krip.png
71 KB, 200x200
>>344145126
Gave me motion sickness, and i still played through it. It was preeety good.
>>
>>344145187
>>344145250
Both right.

I still found it fun after getting overpowered tho. It's so satisfying oneshotting zombies and parkouring around like spiderman after hours of struggling.

It's also got 4 player Coop btw, which is fucking great!
>>
i can honestly say that it is one of the best zombie games ever.
>>
>>344145126
best zombie game ever. At launch it had problems with fight, but after few patches it was GOTY
>>
>>344145250

This is the main problem with pretty much every single fucking game out there nowadays.

The only parts of a game I enjoy are when I'm actually struggling to progress. If I don't feel like I actually have to think and prepare beforehand for a nice challenge, I get absolutely zero interest in continuing with the game. Needless to say, I'm playing less games with each passing year and going back to older stuff from the snes and so on. Mowing things down effortlessly is so fucking retarded and playing games for the story is such a fucking miserable endeavor since the vast majority of them have absolute dog shit for a story that you'd read a better version of on literally any shitty book picked out at random. If things like Planescape Torment were common, that would be one thing, but when hot trash like The Last of Us is what's being paraded around as the epitome of quality in your medium, that's when you raise all the red flags you possibly could. Bloodborne was the only must have game to come out in fucking years. This industry is a sad joke.
>>
>>344145126
Generic, boring, repetitive and poorly designed
>>
Really good
lots of movement and combat options
lots of content
kyle is a cuck but the game is good
that etzgi questline in the following was cringe as fuck
>>
>>344146783
>that etzgi questline in the following was cringe as fuck

but anon, ezgi is my waifu.
>>
For people considering to play it, do hard
it makes the game actually scary, heals are overtime instead of instant and the zombies will shit on you in like 3 to 4 hits at the beginning
nights remains somewhat challenging even late game
>>
>>344146928
she doesnt like you anon she licking troy's burned pussy as i type this, thanks for saving her life faggot
the opinionated alt chick with an attitude we're getting nowadays is not to my taste
>>
Versus Nighthunter mode might be one of my favorite uses of online player vs player. It is some of the most tense shit I've ever experienced in a video game.
>>
I like the idea of parkour on a survival game, but the controls are terrible, especially when you wanna climb down.

Game can also be quite frustrating when playing solo, especially the DLC. The funny thing is that if you play with other people it ends up being super easy.

Also, the PVP multiplayer (while in theory a great idea) can be unbalanced as shit. The fact that the invader risks nothing while the invaded player has to waste all his supplies for a - chance - to win a good weapon is ridiculous.
>>
File: laughter.jpg (29 KB, 450x320) Image search: [Google]
laughter.jpg
29 KB, 450x320
>>344147071
>she doesnt like you anon she licking troy's burned pussy as i type this

Thanks for that anon
>>
It's like Dead Island but actually good + Mirror's Edge and it's a mix that works well.
Played through the entire game and still had a lot of fun parkouring around. The game's gorgeous too.
Didn't really like The Following though, as it focuses on driving instead of parkouring, and thus makes going from point A to B much more tedious and boring.
>>
>>344147659
*Played through the entire game solo
Also forgot to mention, Kyle is a pretty cool guy.
>>
Havent played the expansion but the base game was really good, once you get the spiderman hook it gets really easy tho
>>
The OST is surprisingly pleasant to listen to. A lot of tracks are synthwave-ish.
>>
>>344148050
yeah, im also suprised how well it fits.
>>
>>344145250
>>344145557
>invincible
>overpowered

Found the normies playing on normal.
>>
>>344149280
normal was the only difficulty when it came out
>>
>>344145126
Fun game, but it showed me why everyone hates cromatic aberration.
It took them like a year to put the option to turn it off, and even worse, turning it off gives a performance boost.
>>
File: 1401120978362.png (120 KB, 421x404) Image search: [Google]
1401120978362.png
120 KB, 421x404
>make an excellent game with melee combat system
>make the last boss a QTE
>shit it up with an awful story and encounters with armed people forcing you to play in a shit FPS of sorts
>>
>hard mode
wait, that's a thing ?
I don't remember getting any difficulty settings when I booted up the game
is it an NG+ thing or am I just blind ?
>>
>>344149604
Who gives a fuck about story in a zombie game, though? You KNOW it's just checklist bullshit. Final boss was horrible, though.
>>
>>344146783
I really wonder what they'll do next because jump in quality from Dead Island to Dying Light was pretty massive even though it was essentially the same game.
>>
>>344149847
Because the story is constantly shoved down my throat if i want to progress.
>>
>>344145126
Main game's story is weak and The Following's is atrocious, but the gameplay is flawless.
>>
>>344145126
Solid 7 on 10, worth playing. In my opinion.
>>
>>344150107
post yfw you had to nuke the entire city after all that progress you made
>>
>>344149781
the expansion added Hard and Nightmare
>>
>>344150281
I prefer the ending where you go full Volatile and get outside the quarantine zone, and thus basically infect the entire rest of the city.
>>
Base game is damn fun. Parkouring is great. Nightmare difficulty is good in that you won't be killing volatiles, no matter the level. On the other hand the hp bloat is fucking insane. I got burned out going straight to Following after main game, I'll go back to it later.
>>
great gameplay and lots of fun playing coop with friends.
>>
>>344149847
>>344149604
Final boss was arguably the tower climb.
>>
>>344145126
Can get boring playing solo.

Tons of fun in coop.

Best looking zombie game out there.
>>
>>344150730
Fuck no, it was the chase from the fast zombies.
>>
>>344150437
or the world
>>
>>344145250
this, i really enjoyed the concept of being afraid of night early on, but later you can slaughter everyone in one hit so day or night doesnt matter anymore and you quickly get bored of the game
>>
Why the fuck cant i access the following dlc
>>
>>344151279
The Turkish government actually did a really good job with the Quarantine Zone, which is refreshing for a zombie story. They would probably manage to either extend it or just say "fuck it" and firebomb the entire area, which is what they should've done in the first place with the original zone.
>>
>>344145126
One of the more fun games of 2015. A shame it didn't get more attention and that new Days Gone seems to be, when that game is obviously gonna be worse.

I don't really get the overpowered complaints. Late game I was still pretty fragile and the second map threw in more bigger enemy types. The second map was also way better than the first so honestly I thought late game was better.

Also, co op is awesome. You seriously missed out if you didn't play with friends. Even playing with strangers doesn't totally suffice.
>>
>>344149280
even on the hardest difficulty it's not much of a challenge
>>
>>344151456
>moral busybodies objected to firebombing the zone when there were thousands of infected and at most a couple hundred survivors.
It's a simple cost-benefit analysis. All bets are off web there's a fucking zombie plague.
>>
File: AAAAAAAH HELP ME FIDO.jpg (16 KB, 362x348) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAH HELP ME FIDO.jpg
16 KB, 362x348
>Unlock Tic-Tac
>Every fucking wall is now a death trap

T H A N K S
H
A
N
K
S

G A M E
A
M
E
>>
I loved it until I reached the ending. Short of shitty, but I liked that almost everyone had a bad end. The Following was great, too, got a lot of playtime out of that DLC. Again, endings were short of shitty, but the rest was good. Kyle's VA was great
>YOU'VE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME
>>
Just picked this up to play with my buddy. He's a normie at video games (he thought Dishonored was hard as fuck on normal) and I'm a secret neckbeard when it comes to video games... Should we play on normal or hard?
>>
File: 1465823139352.jpg (25 KB, 542x579) Image search: [Google]
1465823139352.jpg
25 KB, 542x579
>Make a rule for myself:
>Can only use baseball bats or cricket bats
>My goal was to create the godbat, an orange baseball bat with 3x king
>MFW I still haven't found an orange bat yet, but found 2 orange sword fucking shits
>>
Very good game. I used to think AAA games are all shit and can't have content and etc, but this game proved me wrong.
>>
>>344151975
Play whatever you want?? Goddamnit Reddit
>>
>>344151975
Play on the hardest difficulty. It makes scavenging and night time actually threatening.
>>
>>344151890
>Crawl up wall
>Couldnt reach ledge
>Press down thinking I can just slide back down so I can find another way
>Instead I just fucking jump off the wall and to my death

I cant tell you the amount of times I have died to the bullshit parkour system in this game. When it works, Its the fucking best though.
>>
>>344151890
If you remove Tic Tac and the grappling hook the game would be 100x better.
>>
>>344151975
normal

hard/nightmare were added later to make the game challenging for people who were already overpowered
>>
>>344152507
Oh fuck off you are not forced to use any of those two features
>>
>>344145126

>muslim pandering the game
>removed all muslim references to not upset easily offended mudshits
>worst game world setting, worst boss
>>
>>344151898
I didn't like Following. It kind of shat all over the hopeful ending of the main game in favour of a nihilistic and depressing outcome for not only the city, but the main character as well.
>>
>>344153019
Weren't there Minarets in the game?
>>
>>344145126
The feeling of killing zombies in dying light is second to none. Couldn't even play black ops 3 zombie mode for 5 minutes because the unsatisfaction of killing zombies.
>>
File: following boss.jpg (69 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
following boss.jpg
69 KB, 640x400
The last boss was dreadful but the GOAT dlc made up for it
>>
>>344153235
I just didn't like the endings. I liked the side quests, seeing the brothers again, and the buggy
>>
I'm still not sure on the origins of the virus. Did the military create it?
>>
Best first person single-player zombie game, the next dead island game has a lot to live up to.
The Following ending was good. All three of them.
>>
>>344153387
The virus is a strain of rabies, the doctor told you this at the start. The military didn't make it but the GRE was going to weaponize it.
>>
first for, fuck yeah some developers remember what is easter eggs and secrets!
>>
>>344153550
What's the third one?
>>
>put waifubait in both the main game and the DLC
>you are forced to kill one
>the other just leaves with her gay as fuck boyfriend
Why.
>>
>>344153671
The one where you go into a random truck and set off a nuke
>>
>>344153846
>the other just leaves with her gay as fuck boyfriend
Did you even finish that quest
herold boyfriend is dead, her current girlfriend gets bit, turns, she goes to Harran by herself
>>
>>344151640
you never played nightmare, or you've spent tens of hours grinding boxes to max legend levels.
Normal shit zombies kill you in 2-3 hits and you can kill MAYBE 4 per weapon.
Also, you lose ENTIRE levels of xp on death.
Nah it's a cakewalk.
>>
>>344153936
Don't they leave together?
>>
>>344154062
Yes, but then you find them in the tunnel together, after the RV park, and you have to kill the girlfriend
>>
Game is fun as shit, but don't get too used to the grappling hook outside of free roam. Many missions, especially in the following simply turn it off because "how to make levels with it in mind?"

Also, cliffs might let you climb, but usually not, and sometimes fuck you you're falling because game. Arbitrary restrictions everywhere.
>>
>>344150730
You can actually die here. I didn't sprint the first time and ended up falling.
>>
>>344147228
trying to climb down in this game might be one of the most rage inducing things in recent memory. Jump off backwards, hold jump and forwards and HOPE it grabs a ledge below you.

Also playing with friends or on normal is silly kill zombies fuckoff fest, and can be loads of fun. Playing solo, probably hard or up, is stealthy survival horror. Take your pick.
>>
>>344154592
You have to press crouch to drop
>>
>>344152450
Accidental wall runs vs vloitiles, I've died 3-4 times as often to wall run.
>>
File: 1467715397391s.jpg (2 KB, 125x124) Image search: [Google]
1467715397391s.jpg
2 KB, 125x124
>Zombie jumps out of a closet
>It's a bomber
>Already swung

The number of times they pull this cheap instant kill bullshit is fucking insane
>>
>>344152450
you slide down if you don't press a button

'down' is not down but back
>>
>>344145126
Awesome game, one of the best zombie games out there for sure, big map, fun mechanics, only issue is late game you become so OP nothing really phases you except for HUGE groups of zombies with mixed miniboss zombies in them.

The first time it hits night when you are low level, that shits scary
>>
I somewhat wish they kept classes but I can also see that the game is much better without them
>>
>>344153671
>>344153550
Is there even a good ending in The Following?

Seems like the entire thing was an extended middle finger in retrospect.
>>
>>344154541
I liked how organic it felt. As soon as I saw the rocket I just booked it since my instincts kicked in.
>>
>>344155190
>>
>>344156431
That's not the bozak horde, right?
I only did 3 trials before I dropped it.
>>
>>344157113
No it was in the vanilla game. I didn't play any of the DLC since I beat the game 100% within a week.
>>
>>344157369
Suave as fuck.
>>
>Climb towers to uncover parts of the map
>Zombies taking 10+ hits to the head

Very disappointing, everyone was hyping it up to be some kind of hidden gem. But it's an Ubisoft inspired turd
>>
>>344157369
Is that in NG+?
I finished the game at lvl 20/14/15 at 80% completion and all side quests done.
>>
Was one of the better titles that year but the crafting really needed to be fleshed out and the story had a great premise, though the story itself was really stupid.
Also fuck night time.
>>
File: 239140_2016-02-22_00002.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
239140_2016-02-22_00002.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>344156267
I stopped playing it because it went too heavy on the waifu pandering. Was it good at least?
>>
File: 1434839844743.png (31 KB, 187x127) Image search: [Google]
1434839844743.png
31 KB, 187x127
>>344157369
>Main City can be seen across the river
>Amazing potential for parkour across the rooftops, in malls, underground subways, and through highrises

>DLC IS SET IN A BIT FAT COUNTRYSIDE WITH LITTLE OPPORTUNITY TO USE THE PARKOUR THE GAME IS BUILT AROUND
>HERE'S A BUGGY LOL

I will never not be mad.
>>
Loved it but I really disliked how terrible the heavy weapons were. They were extremely slow with no way to improve it, their damage was surprisingly low on hit and they were unable to dismember enemies.
>>
It's everything Dead Island should have been in terms of gameplay, and a game ripe for a sequel to improve on the mechanical faults. Day and night system was fun, parkour was good with a few really kludgy bits like anons mention (It's impossible to climb down.)

The variety of special zombies is pretty anemic (Big guy, bigger guy, explosion zombie, spit zombie, super crazy night zombie), fighting humans with guns is awful, and the DLC was a complete waste.

Has the Mordor problem, where you have a perfect sweet spot where you feel balanced for the game, and outside of that sweet spot you're either too strong or too weak.

Early on killing zombies is just fucking tedious, emptying out your stamina multiple times slamming them in the head with a baseball bat only for them to just get back up after the twentieth damn swing.

Parkour system would have been nice with a map with even more verticality; the second area is absolutely amazing but they could have gone even further.

Does a pretty good job of tossing in just enough houses you can go inside to make you think you can go in every house.
>>
>>344161408
>(Big guy,
4u
>bigger guy
8u
>>
>>344145126
Got bored halfway through

Weapons break in 10 hits and each zombie takes like 30 hits to kill. Gameplay ends up being just spamming kick or run+kick enemies into spikes if there are any until you unlock the ability to finish them while they're on the ground.

It's meh
>>
>>344159002
There was something really uncanny about this girl.
Don't know if it was the eyes, or what.
>>
>>344153303
Nice tits
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.