[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jesus christ is there no good MMO left for me? >played FFXIV
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: 1461613646149.jpg (2 MB, 1000x1644) Image search: [Google]
1461613646149.jpg
2 MB, 1000x1644
Jesus christ is there no good MMO left for me?

>played FFXIV to exhaustion
>TSW was a great ride but once you hit endgame it's over
>WoW has been shit since about 8 years by now
>Rift turned into a P2W fest
>Neverwinter turned into a P2W fest
>B&S is hot garbage (PvP is alright though)
>BDO is hot garbage
>Wildstar is kinda okay but no content and no players
>SWTOR is fucking awful
>TESO lags like fuck and you have to pay for everything if you want to keep up
>GW2 went to shit faster than any MMO I know of
>RoR is still buggy as fuck

Is there really not a single somewhat modern MMORPG out there that is a least mediocre, solid fun?
>>
Looks like I'm doomed after all. I just need my shitty MMO fix guys.
>>
I unironically love law and order: SVU
>>
>No Anarchy Online in that list
>But muh modern

You don't deserve it then.
>>
All MMOs suck right now because any of the following:

1. Clunky controls
2. Grindfest (Seriously, I spent years grinding in WoW why the hell would I want to grind again?)
3. Babyshit cancer (These games have communities that Tumblr the fuck out of users. YOU CANT SWEAR ON THE INTERNET!)
4. Dead (Lack of players)
>>
>>344137216
I already played the really good MMOs like SWG or DAoC back in the day and I would never recommend something like Anarchy Online in 2016 to a new player.
>>
>>344137406
Rift is none of these and is literally only ruined due to its P2W cash shop.
>>
>>344136149
Bless
It's in Korean beta, though, so I don't know if you'll be able to play it.
>>
>>344136149
the only good MMOs are dead for good or soon to be dead.

i had a blast recently with Mortal online fucking people up and stealing everytghing they had with them. game looks like shit but it's pretty fun when you learn how to play
>>
>>344137538
It was implied.

Also, don't you have to grind in Rift to get max level? My peeve with MMO games right now is that you are forced to play the brain-dead easy content (leveling) until you reach max level and finally get a challenge.
>>
>>344137406
Lack of complexity. I hate this button mashing shit.
>>
Only MMO worth playing right now is OldSchool Runescape.

Shits at it peak.
>>
File: riders-of-icarus-41.jpg (74 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
riders-of-icarus-41.jpg
74 KB, 1366x768
Riders of Icarus just opened their beta yesterday. Gave it a shot and it seems like it can keep my interest for a few weeks.
>>
>>344136149
those subtitles can't actually be what he says, right?
>>
>>344136149
in the same boat
Was going hard on BDO since launch but the new +16-+20 is just too much
Was already grinding 8-10 hours a day to keep up, it's ridiculous. Quit and now just gonna try to get back into ffxiv, hopefully it got better since 3.0
>>
>>344141132
lmao don't
>>
>>344141132
Never falling for the korean mmo meme ever again, Tree of Savior really jimjammed my rustles.
>>
god damn you guys are insatiable
>>
>>344140826
this
>>
>>344139565
90% of the appeal of rift isn't levelling or the endgame, it's collecting stuff like secrets, skins and houses. That being said, I'm still pissed at the souls prices so I won't touch that thing.
>>
T E R A
E
R
A
>>
>>344141132

>Promoting Riders of Icarus

How much are they paying you?
>>
>MMOs

never again. quitting is depressing. watching your guild quit one by one is even more shit. not to mention being a huge timesink.
>>
>>344136149
ESO
and no it doesn't lag like fuck
im playing on a 660
>>
File: blesse.jpg (190 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
blesse.jpg
190 KB, 620x387
>they made him fight a newborn baby. told him it was his own younger self, time-travelin' from the past, tryin' to take away his birthday.
>>
>>344136149
>wow was trash after X
Tired fucking meme. If you want to throw 20 people at difficult bosses,
>bu-but the game is so easy now!
Nah m8. game now has options for turbo casual to get shit tier gear from easy mode fights. The hardest difficulty is way harder than any of the shit classic can throw at you. tons of shit happened. What does Ragnaros do? Can knockback, become immune for a while and summon some adds. whooo. These days wow has trash mobs that are more complex.

As for the other shit: Can't say I would recommend any MMO for anything else than "endgame pve" and endgame PvE is pretty shit in most MMOs.
>>
>>344141541
what is wrong with tree of savior?

also not saying that this ones are godly good but you can check them out

haven and hearth
albion online
>>
>>344137042
As a kid without cable that show was my childhood. Love it.
>>
>>344136149
Archeage? Wurm Online? Planetside 2?
>>
File: ScreenShot0324.jpg (601 KB, 1594x871) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot0324.jpg
601 KB, 1594x871
>>344143276
>Archeage
That was probably best shit i've every played until beta/lv55 update came and fucked up whole game. Then cash shop finished it off.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.