[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game beginner friendly? Any rookie tips?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: team fortress 2.jpg (54 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
team fortress 2.jpg
54 KB, 460x215
Is this game beginner friendly?

Any rookie tips?
>>
It's fun
>>
uninstall
>>
>>344123241
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05p646nlYS0
>>
>>344122848
Play the training/tutorial, it actually helps
Play and master Soldier first
>>
>>344123241
This. The best TF2 days are long behind it. 6 fucking years behind it. Every update just makes it a bit more worst.
>>
>>344123937
It's still a great game game. You're just hung up on muh cosmetics and muh new weapons.
>>
Don't take the fucking ammo during setup
thanks
>>
>>344122848
Play Soldier and Scout first, but find what you like once you've got the control scheme down.

Most of the default weapons are more practical than the alternatives.
>>
>>344123443
you wanna fuck her brains out don't you
>>
>>344122848
overwatch is better, just get that.
>>
>>344123991
No, while the core game is still very good, the toxic community isn't worth playing with. If you didn't play TF2 when it went F2P, why bother now? 5 years later?
>>
Shoot the medic. Shoot the fucking medic. See that fucker with the big red cross stitched on his ass? Shoot him in his smug german face. Not the heavy with the medigun jammed up his ass, shoot the fucking medic.
>>
>>344124210
I'll never get this community thing.
Even for shit like minecraft too.
WHy can't you just play?
>>
>>344124393
Actually a lot of the time it's actually better to kill the grinning Russian, then the smug German.
>>
Not beginner friendly at all. Be a medic and follow the big guys so you can learn a bit first.
>>
If you are honestly considering playing TF2 and you're a beginner, do NOT spend a cent of real money

Don't buy hats, don't buy keys, don't fall into Valves bullshit microtransaction schemes

Take it from someone who spent real money on this shit
>>
>>344122848
If you keep getting killed by Pyros who charge at you in a straight line it's because you're bad, not because they're overpowered.
>>
>>344124721
>kill the tank first

idk if that's how it works.
>>
>>344126056
I do it all the time as a heavy. If I go for the medic first his heavy will kill me but if I attack the heavy first he'll die before he can fight back properly and then I can kill the medic immediately afterwards.
>>
>>344126238
>heavy
why would you even play that
>>
>>344128302
someone has to do it
>>
File: maarket.jpg (11 KB, 261x147) Image search: [Google]
maarket.jpg
11 KB, 261x147
>>344124917

>He didn't make a profit from playing the game when jewing wasn't dead
>>
>>344128545
You literally don't.
>>
>>344129268
>Steambux
>profit
>>
>>344122848
Play medic!
Everyone has to do their time.
>>
Why does this now run like shit, used to get 120fps on worse hardware.
>>
>>344133154
90% of the models in the game do not have LoD so objects render exactly the same whether you're a mile away or 5 feet away. Also the code itself is a giant mess.
>>
>>344133276
I'm hoping some optimization is included in the new update, but i doubt it will be.
>>
Believe it or not, everyone was a beginner at one point
>>
>>344124210
It's about to get matchmaking.

>inb4 it's not a competitive-friendly game
>inb4 half of all the weapons are broken

True, but quick play now means you get set up in games with people of similar rank to you, so no more "6 spies on your team" and no more pubstompers.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.