[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ actually think of these awful movies and where
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: fttmSgLEOdBNwQepW2lC6t0mbOm.jpg (100 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
fttmSgLEOdBNwQepW2lC6t0mbOm.jpg
100 KB, 500x750
What does /v/ actually think of these awful movies and where resident evil is going as a series? I loved re1-4 but these movies are so damn cheesy and unnecessary, it just reminds me of mortal kombat annihilation. On top of that 5 started straying too far from the formula and 6 was just a trainwreck. The only thing keeping me interested anymore is because revelations 2 was legitimately good.
>>
The first one is absolute shit but in a really comfy B movie way that gives it a free pass. The charm of the series wore off quick though.
>>
>>344122784
I'll give it that I suppose.
>>
File: 1467494889589.jpg (58 KB, 530x530) Image search: [Google]
1467494889589.jpg
58 KB, 530x530
>this man made Event Horizon
>>
>>344123876
>there are people that think Event Horizon is really good
>>
>>344122429
1 was good
2 was shit but was entertaining
3 didn't even feel like it was based off of RE

The rest are shit, with the exception of Retribution, which had some great parts.

RE5 did have a shit story, but the Mercs and Lost in Nightmares were great.

RE6 would've been amazing if the forced walking segments were removed and Leon's campaign didn't immediately trash the perfect University setting. Also, restricting the movement controls while indoors would've been fine with me.
>>
>>344124002
It is, shithead.
>>
File: milla-jovovich-600x798.jpg (75 KB, 600x798) Image search: [Google]
milla-jovovich-600x798.jpg
75 KB, 600x798
>>344122429
Mila is cute.
Nemesis was actually pretty close.
And no one give a fuck about plot, all games from series and spinoff were basically cheesy and unnecessary.
>>
>>344124407
To clear up the movement statement: I think the dodge roll from side-to-side should have been disabled if you were in close quarters. You could still run and dodge onto your back.
>>
>>344123876
Makes sense since Event Horizon is fucking trash.
>>
>>344124497
No it's not.
It's hellraiser in outer space. Again.
Sunshine was better.
>>
I quite like them.

I fell for Resi 6 this weekend. Headshots don't do anything. Loads of slow following section, more QTEs than I've ever seen before. I got bored in about 30 minutes.
>>
>>344122429
Mila was hot in them so they're not too bad
>>
The movies were really dumb, but not dumb the way the games are. Waking up all the Mila Jovavich clones to shoot guns and kill Umbrella is really dumb, but I wanted more stupid shit like the convoluted puzzles in the worlds most extravegant police department or the pinned wasp coming back to life to sting you. And it was really dull how much of the movies were umbrella scientists just talking about nothing while too many named characters get attacked by birds only for the movie to end with one character psychic screaming louder in some DBZ battle. It's too bad so many people were horribly maimed in the filming of those movies.

The games are going in a really bad direction. The last couple just took Mercenaries from RE4 and tried to sell them as full price games. I don't really think the games are drastically more action focused, as early as 2 you could make as many bullets as you want and had more weapons than you could count. But I do think that the games might benefit from being less linear with more of the adventure game elements. Especially if you're going to have that co-op army of 2 stuff as a permanent feature of the series.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.