[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
***MAKING MY OWN POKEMON GO THREAD BECAUSE OF TOO MANY CIRCLE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: 1463641426807.jpg (28 KB, 281x350) Image search: [Google]
1463641426807.jpg
28 KB, 281x350
Amerifag here (New York City) Just installed the app off some shady site last night and spent a couple of hours playing the game this morning. There's no tutorial, so I was pretty much standing outside in the hot ass sun trying to figure out wtf to do. Eventually I figured out that I had to walk to the points of interest and collect shit.

How the fuck do I find pokemon the correct way? I keep walking to these spots on the map where little blades of grass would be shown floating in the air, but no fucking pokemon show up... I keep pressing the little icon on the bottom right and then I select the pokemon that I want to find (it's grayed out because I haven't discovered it yet?) I kept selecting the grey'd out bulbasaur and krabby thinking that when I walk over to the blades of grass, it will turn into a pokemon that will try to engage me or something, but nothing ever happened (yes I closed and re-opend the app). after 30 min of walking and collecting items from the points of interest, I finally found a DODUO! And then I found another....and another..and another...and another..........Again through trial and error I figured out that you'll only get REAL pokemon to come to you if you use and item called incense that attract them to you

The battle system is complete shit, again, no tutorial. I stood out there in the sweltering heat fighting a pokemon at one of the gyms. I lost every single time. It was only after I was down to my last doduo that I fucking realized i was supposed to be moving my pokemon around and fight it myself, instead of thinking they would fight on their own. In the end i still lost after the gym's rattata hit each one of my doduo's only three times.

Also, there's literally one guy who owns all the gyms around my area. I know this game isn't out in the states yet officially, but still, this guy "coolkid" walked some fucking miles to conquer every gym he came across. (I guess they were vacant to begin with since no one knows about this game).
>>
I just want a tutorial.
>>
File: IMG_9779_20160703_233315.jpg (192 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9779_20160703_233315.jpg
192 KB, 1200x1200
Wtf is up with the other thread? They all turn into role playing sessions with people pretending they're pokemon trying to court other people that really pretending to be pokemon....like...seriously? Lol....
>>
>>344120701
thoes are the more popular threads when it comes to this game.
>>
>>344120701
Fucking this
>>
>>344120701
/thread
>>
>>344119815
>Also, there's literally one guy who owns all the gyms around my area. I know this game isn't out in the states yet officially, but still, this guy "coolkid" walked some fucking miles to conquer every gym he came across. (I guess they were vacant to begin with since no one knows about this game).
but its legit on the fucking app store for iPhones in the US nation
>>
>>344120701
Can i get a link to that there "other thread"?
>>
>Zenfone 2 Laser not compatible

Fucking why?
>>
>>344119815
>Also, there's literally one guy who owns all the gyms around my area. I know this game isn't out in the states yet officially,
Yes it is, it released today.
>>
>>344121876
Because you are a fucking idiot.
>>
>>344120701
It's really pathetic you need to make shit up to get people to post in your thread. Stop spamming garbage threads.
>>
>>344120701
hahahah, so fucking true, holy shit. it's like I'm on 2001 /vp/
>>
File: goodfellas.gif (2 MB, 230x175) Image search: [Google]
goodfellas.gif
2 MB, 230x175
>>344122330
>getting this butthurt that somone actually wants to talk about the videogame instead of using it to initiate some gay circlejerking roleplay.

>Pathetic
>>
I THINK MY EVEE IS CUTE...

CUTE!!~

DESU!
>>
>>344120701
Yeah, I usually just report. There's usually about 4 different guys that role play as that stupid bunny pokemon and that psychic pokemon "graviador" I vomit a little inside my mouth everything I have to sit and read through their Bullshit just to get to the ACTUAL conversation of the game.
>>
Is this out in the UK yet?
>>
>>344123017
yes
>>
File: get rolled.jpg (4 KB, 162x116) Image search: [Google]
get rolled.jpg
4 KB, 162x116
>>344122330
looks like someone is a bit touchy when it come to their roleplaying sessions. I bet you dress up in full costume /w makeup before sitting at your computer to begin your "session". LOL!
>>
>>344120701
IS THAT Fallout boy
>>
Fuck off /vp/
>>
>>344122208
How the fuck am I an idiot?
>>
>>344120701
You should try it, it really realised the pent up stress letting out your inner being
>>
>>344119815

>no Japan release

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>344119815
I caught a Magmar earlier
I live in the middle of a college campus in central Oklahoma
I'm so confused
>>
File: FB_IMG_1467873083221.jpg (34 KB, 750x526) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1467873083221.jpg
34 KB, 750x526
First pokespot is a cemetery, and it's already after midnight.

Wish me luck, /v/
>>
>>344123587
Go get a gastly
>>
>>344123685
doesn't work that way, game isn't as in depth as people think.

>>344123531
lol wut
>>
>phone is too old to support android that supports the game
Well fuck you too
>>
>>344120701
I think all the /vp/ fags are trying to recruit new role play fags. they open up a roleplay session in the thread and who ever joins in on the roleplaying often seeks more, thus they find /vp/
>>
>>344123858
What do you have? If it's android a s3 and newer can have custom firmware that supports it easily
>>
Someone convince me to play this.
I thought it was just going to be some random crap but it seems tons of people on all of 4chan right now are into it for some reason.
>>
>>344123853
>lol wut

Still no release in Japan.

Even though it was beta tested here.

Probably waiting till tomorrow (I hope).
>>
>>344124071
Galaxy S2, I could probably mod it but I'm no sure if I care enough
I don't even have a data plan so the whole thing seems pretty pointless for my situation
>>
>>344123387
I'm using the same phone and there's no problem because it's not the phone's problem you fucking idiot. Just read the threads and you will find the problem which everyone mostly had.
>>
Where do I get an apk from that isn't lostboy.exe in apk form?
>>
There's a reason there's a /vp/
To contain all the autists springing out from this shit
>>
>>344124182
>Someone convince me to play this.

if you need convincing, you won't like it. the game itself convinced me to get my ass out of the house for 2 hours and catch pokemon, check out gyms, etc.
>>
So, any time I load up the game and it manages to actually load the area properly the game just goes fucking haywire and starts spewing giant triangles from the player icon in the bottom left that take up the entire screen flashing yellow, white, green, etc and it randomly starts running like ass. But if I look the other direction it's fine. What the actual fuck?
>>
>>344124232
Did you install it through the play store? I've checked everything and I can't figure out what is wrong.
>>
>>344124415
looks like another faggat ass retard didn't read the OP. this is the non-roleplay edition. If you're just butthurt over all the pokemon threads, then take your fire to them. AT LEAST THIS POKEMON THREAD ISIN'T ROLEPLAY EXCLUSIVE
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_2406068509&feature=iv&src_vid=cUYSGojUuAU&v=AruWNRVZfyk
>>
>>344124231
yeah an s2 could definitely support it with mods, but without a data plan you're right it wouldn't mean much
>>
>>344120701
THIS TIME'S A MILLION
>>
>>344124579
Where are you located? Because only Japan, Australia and New Zealand can download it from play store. If you aren't from there then the play store will say your device isn't compatible, so download the apk.
>>
>>344125092
US is out now anon. European app is still AWOL though
>>
>>344125092
I live in the southern US. 3 other people in my house have downloaded it of the Google Play store and have been playing it no problem. I'm just fucking confused.
>>
>>344125373
Go download the apk from somewhere other than google play and see if it runs.
>>
>>344125612
I downloaded the APK off of APKMirror and its working so far. No idea why I just couldn't get it through the play store.
>>
>>344125092

Japan CAN NOT download it from the play store.
>>
>>344119815
how does this even work, my character isn't moving at all even though I'm moving irl.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.