[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Emulation thread >What are you currently emulating >Recommend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: 1.jpg (17 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
17 KB, 460x215
Emulation thread
>What are you currently emulating
>Recommend old games to play
>Have fun
Currently running God Hand, great game.
>>
FF12 IZJS
The game looks fantastic when scaled up and I'm having a blast.
DQ8 is a must-play for jrpg fans
>>
>>344118818
tokimeki memorial 4 on the psp.
Don't play unless you understand japanese.
Still hoping for the saturn fan translation of princess crown to be done this year
>>
File: pcsx2 2015-02-19 02-16-07-19.jpg (87 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
pcsx2 2015-02-19 02-16-07-19.jpg
87 KB, 1920x1080
Radiata Stories is the most comfy ps2 game.
>>
what are some good PS2 games that aren't graphically intensive
>>
File: gotit.jpg (375 KB, 1911x1040) Image search: [Google]
gotit.jpg
375 KB, 1911x1040
I've been playing Zelda Four Swords Adventures (Gamecube one) with my girlfriend tonight.

Took me forever to get it working, but eventually did. I actually went ahead and updated the dolphin wiki page for four swords about the hell I went through to make it work with two instances of VBA-M running locally connected to Dolphin.
>>
>>344119259
God Hand. It can run on shitty laptops.
>>
>>344118818
Not emulating but also playing god hand, ff12 izjs just to do a refresher playthrough so I know what's up when I get TZA, dark cloud 1 and just heaps I got like 70 ps2 discs to grind through
>>
>>344119321
I'll copy/paste a little readme I made to my future self in case I ever wanted to play it again and had to set it all up again. If any anons want to play with their friends or whatever hopefully this will save them the headache of 2+ hours of setup.

You need Dolphin version 4.0-4811 x64 and VBA-M SVN 1206.

I tried a million things, but finally got it to run ONLY on this version of Dolphin with VisualBoyAdvance-M (SVN1206)! Dolphin needs ports 1-4 to be set to GBA for 4 players. Each VBA instance needs to have its input set to the appropriate option for each port. I needed Enable GBA Linking DISABLED or else it would crash, then connect using the Joybus Options menu. You also need to have speed throttled to 100%, or else Dolphin will lag. You need to have Bios Files set in the VBA-M settings, and then launch the bios file. Once launched, it should connect. Be sure to do them in the order of their inputs. For some reason I couldn't get any other combination of these two emulators to work.

1) Set bios in settings, enable it.
2) Make sure GBA Linking is disabled
3) Make sure throttle is set to 100% on both emulators
4) Make sure the emulators have inputs 1 - 4 selected, in order.
5) Start the bios as a game in each emulator after launching Dolphin and Four Swords
>>
File: 1.jpg (131 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
131 KB, 1024x768
Is it better to emulate ZotE2, or play the HD edition of PS3? What does it have over emulating the game?
>>
>>344119464
Any idea why it only works on that version of Dolphin?
>>
>>344120080
Probably a bug in the netcode between the emulators. People most likely coding for different versions for each emulator.

Note that that version of dolphin only works on that version of VBA-M.

I also noticed that Dolphin 5.0 doesn't even let you use any VBA-M input when playing online. So no netplay Four Swords.

I haven't really messed with Dolphin's source before but I'm a pretty decent programmer and it looks like an easy problem to fix the netplay, so I might take a crack at fixing it over this weekend and doing a pull request to Dolphin. I've got the repo pulled and I've been digging around the source. Hopefully it won't be too bad, but no promises.
>>
>>344119595

Emulated version runs smoother for me. The "HD Remaster" is just upscaled so it's exactly the same visually.
>>
>>344121129
Okay cool, thanks man. I'll emulate it after God Hand.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.