[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
English or Japanese voices? English voices are pretty comfy,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 14
File: 1452519766141.jpg (124 KB, 600x896) Image search: [Google]
1452519766141.jpg
124 KB, 600x896
English or Japanese voices?

English voices are pretty comfy, but Orca's Japanese voice is god-tier.
>>
>>344115894
Who did the art for this series? I've always liked it, if the dub is above average i would say dub but if you know some of the japonese voice actors and like their work stick to japanese.
>>
>>344118482
I have no idea, but I love it too. There was some weird mobile game at some point that had some newstyle shiny-clean looking art and design, probably because it was outsourced or something, but it still hurt inside.
>>
>>344118482
Yoshiyuki Sadamoto, main character designer and artist for Nadia, Evangelion and FLCL. He was hired as the character designer and artist for the original .hack games. Since then, he's come back to do the cover box art for every single .hack game.
>>
>>344115894
Japanese. I absolutely hate BlackRose's voice actress. I hated her in .hack, I hated her in Wild Arms 5 and I hated her in Digital Devil Saga.

Additionally, Mona Marshall, the English voice actress for Kite, can't fucking act worth a damn. BlackRose's VA can't act either, but Marshall especially cannot act to save her life. Everything she says sounds stiff and forced. She was also pretty bad in the English dub for Digimon when she voiced Izzy too.

Honestly, I feel that being able to sound natural should be the most important quality for any voice actress. Whenever Goodson voices a character, it completely destroys all immersion due to how painfully obvious it is that she's reading her line off a script. I mean, she is, but a voice actor's job should be to make you forget that fact.
>>
>>344115894
Jap voices of course
>>
>>344119297
Holy shit, that explains a lot. Thanks dude.

>>344119731
A lot of the lines are pretty stiff sounding, especially Kite, but not often enough that it bothers me. It does get a laugh out of me if it sounds particularly weird or awkward. I still like it, but nostalgia's probably clouding my glasses a bit.

I don't mind BlackRose, but I have a friend who would absolutely hate her voice and personality. Acting-wise though, I thought BlackRose was pretty good.
>>
File: .hack..Infection.full.1441177.jpg (225 KB, 850x600) Image search: [Google]
.hack..Infection.full.1441177.jpg
225 KB, 850x600
I know nothing about the .hack series but man the girls are nice.
What are the games actually like?
>>
>>344122038
well it guess it depends on what you like to get out of your games.
me personally i come havent finished any of them but still like once a month progress a little further because i like the atmosphere and small bits of the story, mainly the little news articles and video clips you get to watch when you "log out". but overall the games has bad action, dungeons are shit, voice acting is shit, and alot of the textures are pretty bad, story is pretty bad too. but like i said icome back every once in awhile.

Do these games have dual audio?
>>
>>344122038
The original games? Not good. Can't lie about that. The combat is in real-time, but it's heavily menu based. Any time you wanna do anything other than just attack (X), you have to go to a menu. There are two menus, the main menu and party menu. The main menu is where you can use skills, magic and items. If you ever want to use any of those things, you have to go into the main menu, select skills, magic or items, go through the tabs and lists and select what you want to use. You have to do this every time.

The party menu is what you use to command your party. Your party won't do anything other than just normal attacks unless you directly command them to. You have to do this for every battle. This is especially problematic with Wavemasters because if you don't command them to you magic at the start of a fight, they WILL just stand around and do fuck-all. Wavemasters are programmed not to move, so the only time they'll ever do anything without a command is if an enemy comes close enough for them to pitifully wack them with their stick, which does shit damage because Wavemasters have no STR.
>>
File: SAM_0602.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
SAM_0602.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
I would suggest using the Japanese voices, but that's just my opinion.

>>344122038

I think they are worth a playthrough for sure. Sadly, they have skyrocketed in value. I assume that is because most people held onto them. It was a big investment to play all 4 games / G.U.'s 3 games. IMO, the original .hack// games are my favorite.
>>
>>344123027
Do they emulate decent at least?
>>
File: 1455456752378.jpg (47 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1455456752378.jpg
47 KB, 512x512
>>344122038
The first four games are like playing an MMO with AI party members and menuing being the focus. A fair bit of party managing, telling them what to do. Occasional cutscenes.

The three games after are like playing an MMO with AI party members and more action based like most MMOs. Unlike the quadrilogy, magic is almost useless. Cutscenes that rival MGS4. The first game loses focus a bit and can be obnoxious at time, but it picks up afterwards.

If you absolutely hate menuing I'd watch the first four games online. It can still be exciting, and the experience is amazing, so I'd at least emulate it to see if you'd like it. Also, when a certain item that has to do with cores becomes relevant, look up a guide for it so you don't have to grind for them at the end of the games.

The solo game, LINK, has absolute shit gameplay except for kind of fun bosses, is fanservice-y, has shit designs and worse art than previous entries, but has important story. If you end up getting into the series, just read/watch the cutscenes. It's not even worth emulating.

The real downer is that the last game of the quadrilogy is ridiculously pricey, recommend emulating it unless you really want to spend the money. The trilogy is also still full price. The first three games are about half-price, though.

>>344123027
Nice. For some reason my Quarantine case went missing, but thank god I still have the game itself.
>>
I'm normally not weeb enough to say you should get a Japanese dub, but the English voices always bothered me. They're not so bad when you're younger, but replaying the games makes me cringe sometimes because the fucking VA for sone characters just sound disinterested
>>
I don't really like what G.U. did to the general atmosphere of the games, though. In the original games and .hack//SIGN, the story was very much about an MMO. Characters more or less talked and acted like real people playing a game. Their personalities were more exaggerated compared to real life, but otherwise, it was always made abundantly clear that you were, in-universe, playing a game.

In .hack//G.U., literally fucking everyone is role-playing and acting as if The World is real. Now, role-playing in an MMO is nothing unusual, but not EVERYONE is like that. Most people just talk and act normally. In .hack//G.U., no one acts like a real fucking human being. Almost everyone acts completely unreasonable. Calling the Arena some sort of "sacred battlefield", being actually AFRAID of your Guildmaster, acting like PK is some sort of huge deal. I mean, don't get me wrong, getting PK is shit, and if it happened fucking constantly, it'd probably eventually make you wanna quit the game, but shit. PKers act like literal serial killers and those who get PKed act like their dogs died or something.
>>
Orca's obviously not around very much in the series, especially not in cinematics.

Also you've apparently not heard Elk's injured voice in English or you wouldn't be asking this.
>>
>>344115894
I enjoyed playing through the series with the Eng dub.

I still need to fucking finish Quarantine at some point, especially after doing all the grunty/grinding shit at the end of all three of the prior games.
>>
>>344123530
It's forgivable to prefer the Japanese voices for games from back then. There was no real quality of standard for video game voice acting in the west back then so 9 times out of 10, they were shit. Especially for games from Japan.
>>
File: 2016-07-06.jpg (36 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-06.jpg
36 KB, 500x375
>>344115894
I like the english voices, especially for Gardenia. Also glad I finally dedicated the top shelf to .hack
>>
GU has a really good dub for an English series from that time period. I'd say it was in that prime period because a lot of veteran VAs were at their prime or at that point in their careers where they were really fresh. Plus you had some VAs like Wendy Lee, Lia Sargent and and Rich Cansino who don't show up very much nowadays if at all, given the latter is particularly up there in his years. It was also around the time when Liam O'Brien was breaking out from that shell of being the best voice actor to never find work and now he's everywhere but in a good way. He still experiments a lot and gives good variety, but he's milky as fuck in GU as Endrance and I'd say play the dub for him and Atoli alone.
>>
Speaking of comfy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNkyPu_gK68
>>
Fuck Yuri Lowenthal. Play the undub of G.U no matter what you do, because FUCK Yuri Lowenthal.
>>
>>344123613
That's true, but I was just listening to it so it came to mind.

Completely agree with Elk, but he doesn't show up too much.

>>344123576
This desu. That's why the first game in the trilogy is especially hard to get through, all the tournament and PK shit. At least G.U. got its shit together the next game.

>>344123775
>Gardenia
Gardenia's awesome, only minor character I usually ever take with me. Awesome shelf, too. What's that crazy box with Crim and Subaru on it though?

>>344124180
Endurance's voice is liquid silver. I want to punch Gaspard in the face though, and Atoli's a bit annoying in the first game. Crispin Freeman as Balmung in the original games was great too (think it was either Mutation or Outbreak Balmung was voiced by someone else, though.)

>>344124361
I thought Haseo had one of the better voices.
I'M RIGHT HERE......SKEEEEEEIIIIIITH

>>344124223
thanks for this famm
>>
>>344124223
I like the Mac Anu version better but dang thats a wave of nostalgia.
>>
>>344124361

I don't see what the big deal about Yuri Lowenthal is. He sounds similar in a lot of his roles but he doesn't do a bad job. Hell, people throw bitch fits about Vic Mignogna all the time and Junpei was a fucking god tier role for him.

YL was good as Dean Stark. I don't miss him as Yosuke though. He was a good match for Haseo though. One I'm tired of hearing is JYB because he doesn't really stretch out like other VAs do.
>>
>>344124223
This is really good too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdOaYyeu78s
>>
>>344124565

Oddly enough, Gaspard is voiced by Dave Whittenberg (Teddy obviously), but Allen in Xenosaga along with Rion in the Galerians movie dub and Jiro in Kikaider. He's really flexible and could have voiced someone like Haseo really damn easily, but he went for the dog... Kind of a shame. Don't really hear much of his former repertoire anymore.

O'Brien is just so good and always has been. Hell, Caius in the FFXIII series was delicious too.
>>
>>344124904
Yeah, for some reason it didn't bother me as much with Teddy. Still not fond of the voice. But I don't know if I dislike Teddy's English or Japanese voice more.
>>
File: 669198221699.jpg (74 KB, 1024x758) Image search: [Google]
669198221699.jpg
74 KB, 1024x758
>>344124565
>What's that crazy box with Crim and Subaru on it though?
The original box that houses all of the .hack//sign dvds, it's pretty fuckin cool
>>
>>344126556
Woaah. I have a few dvd cases, didn't know they came in that originally.

That's pretty cool. Did you get it around when it came out or recently? If it was recent, how much was it?
>>
File: dothack Mia.jpg (258 KB, 1284x1542) Image search: [Google]
dothack Mia.jpg
258 KB, 1284x1542
>>344122038
The girls are very nice.
>>
>>344124904
They wanted someone who sounded youthful and angry. Lowenthal's main talents are sounding youthful and angry.
>>
>>344126918
I think the original "special edition" of volume 1 came with the big box and you just put the normal dvds in there.

I bought mine used but mint in 2009 for like $80 I think. Probably a lot more expensive these days though
>>
File: 1461299341639.jpg (38 KB, 436x315) Image search: [Google]
1461299341639.jpg
38 KB, 436x315
>>344127449
Thanks, I think I'll save up.

>>344127126
>tfw she's gone for a game and a half
why
>>
When I was a kid I literally could not beat Skeith for the life of me at the end of Infection.

I did it eventually, I may have grinded or something.

I liked using Balmung and that little gay kid that looked like Tsukasa from the anime.
>>
>>344122038
my favorite girl is that mage on the right
>>
File: Macha.jpg (37 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
Macha.jpg
37 KB, 852x480
>>344127708
Yeah, that pissed me off too. They certainly know how to make an extremely cute waifuable catgirl.
>>
>>344127904
I had BlackRose and Balmung tanking while I hung back playing healer. After dying once I bought a shit-ton of items and got him the next try.

God he's scary though. I love the phase's themes, they're unsettling but fucking cool.
>>
>>344115894

>Orca

That nigga is in the game for like 5 minutes anyhow. Really the only poor eng dub was Rachel and shes a couple games away so you're golden.

Fantastic series by the way, easily among my GOAT games.
>>
File: 1275024937459.jpg (659 KB, 1197x2394) Image search: [Google]
1275024937459.jpg
659 KB, 1197x2394
>>344127708
>why

For you to suffer
>>
>>344128260
>Roots
>good
That shit was pure fucking garbage. Half the show consisted of Haseo brooding with grunts, and the other half was Tabby bitching to everyone that she was going to do something about the whole thing, and then proceeds to never do anything even by the time the show ends. Irredeemable garbage and it hurts to imagine how many people skipped out on G.U because of it.
>>
>>344128260
I think the game wanted to force you to use Wiseman.

The funny thing is I'm not even sure why Wiseman was even necessary. As far as I'm aware, there was nothing he knew or could do that Helba didn't also know and could do.
>>
>>344128260
>haseo punch through the fucking internet
did that seriously happen?
>>
>>344128723
He had lots of money to get info, if I remember correctly.
>>
>>344129024
He simplified it alot, but basically what happened was Ovan was falling into digital hell, and then Haseo proceeded to fly after him but couldn't cross the boundary between life and digital hell, so he punched through it with the power of love or whatever. It was really stupid, but I'd say willing the Xth form into existance for no apparent reason was the actual worst thing about the movie.

At least it was a nice visual spectacle as a movie I guess. This type of game has way too much content to be condensed into a movie, should've just made a proper movie sequel to the games instead of that Returner thing if they wanted to do a movie.
>>
>>344129356
.hack//G.U. Trilogy was basically a test-run of CC2's attempts to jump into the CG movie market. It looked pretty nice, and despite how boring it was, there's nothing to complain about .hack//The Movie from a visual perspective either.
>>
>>344128112
Macha's super cool. If I was gud I'd cosplay her.

>>344128163
It was just on my mind because I booted up the Japanese copy I just got, I didn't think about it before I posted. I guess there's all the flashbacks?
Definitely among my GOAT games too.

>>344128260
>no .hack//GIFT

>>344128694
It's similar to SIGN in that there's a lot of talking and not much seemingly happens, but different in that it's a companion to the games and can't really stand on its own. I don't think it's bad though. The English dub is also good, even though it's not dubbed by the games' VAs.

>>344128723
At least Wiseman's decent to good. That dungeon that forced you to use Elk sucked.
>>
>tfw autismod all 3 GU games when I was 14 in a week
>never beat the 100 level dungeon
>PS2 is broken now
I hope the games still hold up.
>>
Anyone remember those G.U. parody videos on youtube that got taken down? I wish I'd downloaded them at the time.

>>344129661
Original 4 do imo except farming for virus cores sucks if you don't use a guide, G.U. can get boring when you get too good.
>>
>>344129617
There's no significant differences between characters in the .hack games. You won't get a particularly worse or better result if you choose one Wavemaster over another. The most important factor is what equipment everyone has.
>>
>>344129796
>except farming for virus cores sucks
I really got tired of farming virus cores fast in the 3rd game, so I just borrowed my mate's action replay or whatever and gave myself 99 of each.
Probably increased the game's fun ten fold and I probably would've never beat them if not for that.
>>
>>344129617
SIGN was atmospheric, had compelling characters with some actual development, didn't feel the need to pad out the running time with sections of Haseo walking through empty fields waving his scythe around with 0 context, and was actually a good story.

Roots had no business being as long as it was, and while it was fine at the start, the moment Ovan disappeared, the writers officially stopped caring. The majority of it was jack point shit happening and them expecting the audience to somehow care. That goddamn track that you would endlessly hear every single episode when they cut to Haseo doing fuck all isn't even a bad track, but they end up doing it so often that it becomes eargrating. At least the shitty Twilight Bracelet adaption was mostly just innocent garbage, this was outright offensive garbage.
>>
Someone tell me what happens in the GU series, I haven't played any nor plan to.
>>
>>344130156
>I haven't played any nor plan to
How come?
>>
>>344115894
Japanese obviously. The english voices are hard on the ears.
>>
>>344129617
Macha/Mia is probably my favorite character of .hack. Hard to swallow how many levels of willneverhave she is.
>not real
>inside a notreal world
>not even a real person in notreal world
>>
are these games dual audio or what ?
>>
>>344130021
I don't blame you. I was replaying it recently and had to make a mini guide for myself on the best way to get certain ones. I know there's one on gamefaqs or something that has a good one where if you follow it throughout the games, you have to do to very little to no grinding for them. You just get them along the way.

>>344130026
Wouldn't call it offensive, but alright. I can understand why it could be frustrating. I love the soundtrack tho. But
>that one scene where Haseo is running across a 15 ft room with the same animation looping for 10 seconds
kek

>>344130790
Stop hurting my heaad.
I wonder if any plushies of her exist...
>>
>>344131378
First 4 games are, the next 3 are not but there's an easy to setup undub for it.
>>
>>344131517
how do you setup the undub? im emulating them btw.
>>
will we ever see a .Hack VRMMORPG?

because truthfully ever since I had first seen the anime over a decade ago as a young boy, I always dreamed we would eventually in the future. But it just never came.
>>
>>344131775
I don't have the files, but if you're emulating then you can download the files fully undubbed without having to go through the process yourself. Just google .hack undub and you'll get roms for each game undubbed.

>>344131963
Maybe but the future is looking bleak. It's a mobile game now.
>>
>>344132043
yeah i heard about those games, I dont know japanese so i never tried them
>>
do you guys like that newest .hack movie with the girl?

think its called The World or something
>>
>>344132758
It was fine. Super bland but not really bad, wish they would stop with the Kite clones though.
>>
>>344132758
.hack//Beyond the World

It looked very impressive visually but I wouldn't say the story was anything to write home about.
>>
>>344132928
Aura will never let the world forget Kite. To Aura, Kite is the quintessential hero of The World. As long as Aura exists, so will Kite.
>>
>>344131963
I want it so bad.

>>344132043
https://youtu.be/T5rax-IBbCc?t=8m8s
I wanna cry. Hopefully once they're done with the FF7 remake they can be allowed to work on a new game.

>>344132758
I really like Kite, but the clones need to stop.

>>344133081
Azure Kite was cool though, but she keeps making a new kite for each new incident that comes up. Maybe she needs to think long-term.
>>
>>344133081
I get the reason why she makes every hero look like Kite, but that doesn't make it more bland. It makes it feel like the only notable heroes in the franchise are Haseo and Kite just because of everyone else accomplishments are basically just riding on the coattails of Kite.
>>
>>344133512
Only two particular heroes were modeled after Kite, though, and Aura personally had a hand in both their creation. Besides, Shugo's story was deliberately engineered by Aura to allow him to have a chance to be a hero. She made him resemble Kite because to Aura, Kite is the very definition of a hero. Sora's achievements were also engineered by Aura. She gave Sora her character and data seed for the specific purpose of having her nurture it.

The heroes whose stories weren't engineered by Aura, such as Haseo and Tokio, have no resemblance to him because she had nothing to do with their creation.

Essentially, whenever Aura's tied to the birth of a particular hero, that hero will always end up resembling Kite. On the other hand, if Aura has nothing to do with it, then they won't. Azure Kite and the Azure Flame Pursuer don't count, since Azure Kite was only meant to be a basic protection program and the Azure Flame Pursuer is just a phantom of The World's memory. Characters like Kite, Haseo and Tsukasa appear as Phantoms due to how deeply ingrained their memories are within The World. Their actions left very deep marks in The World down to its very core, so having a few A.I.s derived from that data isn't odd. The World has a lot of vagrant A.I.s to begin with.
>>
>>344134184
Think they're talking about the anime and movie grills.
>>
File: Realsora.jpg (36 KB, 650x430) Image search: [Google]
Realsora.jpg
36 KB, 650x430
One interesting thing about this series is the Head mounted displays. I dont think they were anything like the Nervegear from SAO. I cant remember correctly if they were even the same all throughout the games/animes/ and movies.

I know in the latest movie the girl uses like a pair of goggles. I believe in G.U. they used goggles as well. And that is something I found most interesting. Because they are diving into these virtual reality worlds with just glasses/goggles. they werent anything like the occulus or vive I dont believe..

So they just put these glasses on but then somehow they are fully immersed into the game. I dont know if they ever went into the science behind that.
>>
>>344134184
Shugo, the girl from Quantum, and the movie girl Kite, That's 4 characters. Shugo got an anime adaptation on top of that, so basically the protagonists for about half the media that's out there, if not more, is about either Kite or a Kite clone.
>>
>>344134503
>4
3 I mean
>>
>>344134428
Nah anon, they use a visor a la Oculus Rift and a PS2 controller (which may have evolved into a psp iirc?)
>>
>>344134392
Yes, Sora from .hack//The Movie. At the beginning of the movie when Sora first installs The World, a character is pre-made for her. This character not only resembles Kite, but is also named "Kite". In other words, Aura created Sora's character model for her and named it "Kite". She's very fixated.

As for Sakuya, she only designed her character that way because it was popular. In recent years it seems that it's become trendy to model your characters after past "heroes" of The World.

>>344134503
Shugo, Sora and Sakuya. Sora and Shugo's character models were created by Aura herself. Sakuya's model was designed that way because it was popular but it's clearly not that similar the way the other two are. Shugo's character was designed to be more or less identical to Kite, while Sora's was very similar and was outright named "Kite" by Aura herself.
>>
>>344134651
Again, nobody is complaining about the reasons for them looking like Kite, but the fact that they do makes their importance plummet since they stop being their own character entirely at first glance. Certainly there are differences, but when anybody is reciting the important characters in the franchise, they won't come up regardless of their accomplishments.

Modelling major characters, especially main characters after a past cast is just a very uninteresting choice and makes it look like the franchise can't move on for shit.
>>
>>344134836
It's an MMORPG. Similar models are to be expected to begin with.

Look at BlackRose and Mimiru, Crim and Nuke Usagimaru, Tsukasa and Elk, Marlo and Silver Knight, Ender and Bordeaux.
>>
>>344134836
>>344134651
Alright, let's see if we're all agreeing with this.

>Cool Tier
Azure Kite
Shugo

>Okay Tier
Sora (Movie)

>This is a dumb reason for looking like Kite Tier
Sakuya
>>
>>344135015
The setting being an MMO is not an excuse when there is a much higher number of characters throughout the franchise with very different designs. Throwing the "similar models" onto the most important characters despite that completely ruins that argument.

>>344135083
Sakuya had a bad reason, but she was easily the one with the most personality out of all the Kite clones.
>>
>>344135015
>>344135202
iirc you weren't able to recreate the dothackers exactly though, that's why Shugo and his sister getting almost identical models was a big deal.

If it isn't Aura they can't be remade exactly. That's why Sakuya's the odd one out, her outfit is slightly different.

>>344135202
>she was easily the one with the most personality out of all the Kite clones.

True. I barely remember Sora at all, and I think the events of Quantum were more significant anyway. But I can't remember the movie all that well, so.
>>
>>344135083
It's not that dumb. Orca even states in Quarantine that there are a lot of lookalikes in The World after the Corbenik fiasco. However, Kite's particular color palette is unusual. It's impossible to get that specific shade of red through the normal character creation menu.

In recent years, basic one's character after past legendary heroes has become in vogue. There's also VS The World, which was going though beta-testing. Beta-testers weren't allowed to create their own characters, and instead were forced to choose pre-existing ones based off of legendary heroes. Funnily enough, everyone knew characters like Kite, BlackRose and Haseo. But there were comments in the BBS where people were asking who the fuck Sakuya was.
>>
>>344135410
Yyyeaaah, but I feel like it's a more meta thing of choosing a recognizable character to sell. They could've made an Orca lookalike the main focus, or maybe Balmung.

> But there were comments in the BBS where people were asking who the fuck Sakuya was.
kek

Speaking of Orca, you all watch the Thanatos Report? Holy shit.
>>
>>344135682
Thanatos Report was so interesting I really wish there was more of a follow-up than fucking Versus
>>
>>344135756
There better be. They're all working on FF7 though.

This thread has alarmed me to the lack of .hack// reaction images, and new drawings in general. The fans are all coasting until something new and good comes out.

I want another hype trailer like G.U.'s was.
>>
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA LINK WAS SHIT AND WELL NEVER GET A NEW GOOD SAGA FUCK MY LIFE AAAAAASS
>>
>>344135756
>>344135919

Is there a new anime or game coming out? Wtf is thanatos report nothing came up on youtube
>>
>>344136461
Thanatos Report is an OVA that came bundled with Beyond the World movie.
>>
>>344136534
Whats that one OVA where the main character goes to buy the HMD and right next to the store is like people donating to cancer patients.

And he has like trouble deciding to buy the HMD or donate. Yoi guys know what im talking about right?
>>
>>344136461
Someone's been deleting them. Can find it here though:
http://www.watchanimemovie.com/sub-dub/hackversus-the-thanatos-report.html?url=http://videofun.me/embed/a8741397358c4284ac6c4d33e4bc88ed?w=718&h=438

If it doesn't work, click on one of the other video players below it.

>>344136140
>tfw story is important but gameplay sucks
I wanted to play a game, not read cutscenes so I don't miss out on anything.
>>
File: 003-1.jpg (111 KB, 565x800) Image search: [Google]
003-1.jpg
111 KB, 565x800
>>344136461
There's a new game but it's for phones. Kite was a day 1 bonus.

Thanatos Report was a short OVA that came with .hack//Versus. It introduced the ecoterrorist group "mama", who claim to have orchestrated the creation of Aura in order to Real Digitalize the entire human race in order to save the planet. Emma was a member before she died. They tried to get their hands on Aura, but the net cop guy placed her inside a micro-SD and threw it into a river to keep them from getting it. Tanaka found it shortly after.

The entire concept feels very odd for .hack, considering there's no way an MMO player could defeat an ecoterrorist group. Kite could defeat the Cursed Wave because it was only inside the game. Haseo could defeat AIDA and Cubia because, again, they only existed inside the game. An ecoterrorist group is composed of actual living humans. Just defeating their in-game avatars wouldn't be enough to take them down.
>>
>>344136821
That's one of the craziest things about the series that I kinda like. None of the heroes are taking on everything on their own, it's the combination of all of these events.

I guess that might be what Tanaka is up to, though. Some real action.
>>
>>344136765
Fuck i cant remember. It might not have even been .Hack
>>
>>344137126
Yeah but the main enemy was always inside the game. Tokuoka could take on CC Corp, but the true enemy was Morganna and the Cursed Wave. Salvatore Aihara tried to find out the truth in the real world, but Haseo was in the game, taking on the actual threats of AIDA and Cubia.

But what kind of an enemy would an ecoterrorist group be for a kid playing an MMO? In the worst case scenario, the ecoterrorists could just log out and stop playing to keep the protagonist from getting any closer to them. Or, hell, hack the database and find out where they live and send an assassin after them.
>>
>Kite
Jap, English is fucking awful
>Orca
Jap
>Blackrose
Both good
>Mistral
Both shit
>Piros
Delete this character
>Mia
Jap
>Elk
Kawaii English
>Helba
Select either and cum buckets
>Balmung
Based Crispin Freeman
>Gardenia
Bitchy English
>Wiseman
Eng
>Anyone else I'm forgetting
Probably Japanese
>>
>>344137507
>Mistral
>Both shit
awww....

>Helba
>Select either and cum buckets
>Balmung
>Based Crispin Freeman
>Gardenia
>Bitchy English
forgiven
>>
>>344137507
Balmung's Japanese voice actor is Hiyama, though, who voiced Link in Ocarina of Time, Siegfried in Soulcalibur and is generally very well known for his hot-blooded yells.

>Gardenia
Fuck you, Yumi Touma is perfect. And fuck if she doesn't have some crazy range too.

>hating Piros
Your opinions are shit.
>>
>>344137479
>the ecoterrorists could just log out and stop playing to keep the protagonist from getting any closer to them.
But don't they need Aura?

>Or, hell, hack the database and find out where they live and send an assassin after them.
I don't think they can do that. They seem to have very few capable tech dudes left. One of their top dudes bounced and is implied to have died, and the other's in a mental hospital.

Man, I need to go get all my stuff and sit down with all this shit again. Make a wall like in those cop shows, with red string and photos and clippings. This is fun.
>>
good series
the new mobile game is the best release since IMOQ. if you can speak jap get it.
>>
Dropped this halfway through disc 2. Should i try GU?
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.