[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Skullgirls: Git Gud edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7
File: Parasoul.jpg (152 KB, 874x915) Image search: [Google]
Parasoul.jpg
152 KB, 874x915
Picked it up in the steam sale, been messing around with it and it's pretty fun. I sorta suck though, I'm not so used to quarter turns and block not having a dedicated button. How do I git gud? Parasoul and Squigly have been my go-tos.
>>
File: Strike up the Band.jpg (87 KB, 670x396) Image search: [Google]
Strike up the Band.jpg
87 KB, 670x396
Self-bump, I seriously need help not sucking. Also, post good skullgirls art
>>
File: 2013-11-16-618024.jpg (834 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
2013-11-16-618024.jpg
834 KB, 2000x2000
>>344115532
There's a general in /vg/ that can help you with that, the game has been out for some time so you're gonna have to put some work into it to get decent.
>>
Have you done the tutorials yet? Those are pretty helpful.
>>
>>344119258
Some of them, though I was trying to do it with the keyboard and it didn't go so great. I swapped to a controller, which did help. What's the key thing to focus on getting good at first?
>>
File: Squiggs.gif (447 KB, 406x449) Image search: [Google]
Squiggs.gif
447 KB, 406x449
>Squiggs and Parasol as your go tos

You seem alright, OP. They do take quite a bit to get used to, particularly because they aren't as mobile as the other characters.
>>
File: image.jpg (173 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173 KB, 600x800
>>344119682
I can't speak for parasoul since I can't play her for shit, but as a squig main I would take stance cancels and her center stage over mobility any day
also battle opera is a fucking blast to use
>>
>>344119682
Yeah, I really like the projectile game and dueling style of Parasoul, but her lack of sprint is a bit of a bummer. Dash is fun though.

Squiggly is really fun with her reach and stances, though I'm definitely not great with them. I want to like Peacock, but she's just so spammy.
>>
>>344119545
Learn a combo or two so you stand a fighting chance and then focus on learning defense against real players would be my advice
I would recommend going into quick match and choose random if you want to focus only on practicing defense
>>
>>344120914
Yeah, she seems to have great control potential. I'm a sucker for any GET OVER HERE moves in a fighting game, too. I'm just ass getting combos off.
>>
File: 51661024_p6_master1200.jpg (845 KB, 914x1200) Image search: [Google]
51661024_p6_master1200.jpg
845 KB, 914x1200
>>344119545
well, if you're not used to quarter circles you might want to practice your character inputs until you feel comfortable.

Playing against people is the best way to improve, really. If you can find someone to consistently play against that helps a lot
>>
>>344121760
I'll have to badger a friend into playing. I'm leery of just jumping online due to the alleged elder gods that populate it. Any words on a sequel?
>>
>>344122046
LZ is working on indivisible so if there is going to be a skullgirls 2 it's not going to be for a long time
>>
>>344122046
>>344122860
yeah, Indivisible doesn't come out until early 2018 so it would have to start after that.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.