[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anyone else sick of this game already? I'm 9-3 in ranked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: overwatch_thanks.jpg (161 KB, 874x537) Image search: [Google]
overwatch_thanks.jpg
161 KB, 874x537
Is anyone else sick of this game already? I'm 9-3 in ranked and I get very little enjoyment out of this game. All the heroes except a few objectively useless ones (like genji) are braindead as fuck. Soldier is the #1 competitive pick excluding Mercy+Lucio FFS.

There is very little mechanical skill in this game at all. McCree and Widowmaker were strong but at least took skill to play, now there's no reason to pick them because you could do so much more just by picking Soldier or Roadhog which are both easy as fuck. I am really bored of CS GO but at least I feel satisfaction from when I play well in that game, with Overwatch you have to do absolutely nothing to play at peak potential.
>>
>>344109135
I got bored right after I hit level 30ish. It's a really monotonous game, escpecially if you aren't playing with a full 6-man party.
>>
I still enjoy it, though I only play a couple hours a night and mainly with friends.
>>
>>344109135
>McCree took skill to play
>with Overwatch you have to do absolutely nothing to play at peak potential
>smells salty
>>
how many threads are you going to make faggot

>>344110818
>>
>>344109135
genji is one of few that can hard carry in ranked. you are a shitter as are 90% of the genjis that play, so you dont actually know him, tracer, zarya, pharah+mercy and soldier can actually impact games in soloqueue to help you win and get into the 60s easily.
>>
File: 1467754608622.gif (94 KB, 514x510) Image search: [Google]
1467754608622.gif
94 KB, 514x510
>>344109135
Sounds like you haven't tried TF2
>>
>>344109135
if you arent enjoying the game anymore then quit. Theres nothing wrong with that for any game you arent finding fun.

That being said your balance analysis is dumb as fuck. OW is absolutely a casual game, so it really says something that you talk like a casual among casuals. I mean, are you really telling me you think widow sucks after her pretty minor nerf? I think all that says is you cnat hit headshots and are salty you cant bodyshot people to death easily anymore.
>>
>>344109135
I'll be honest with you OP, I've never played it. I don't care for shooters. I just hang around on the off chance that someone will post new Tracer cheesecake.
>>
Yeah, I felt the same. Pharah is fun, but I feel no need to play her when I could just play something like Unreal Tournament instead, but this time with decent maps, a skilled community and no casual shit
>>
>>344109135
I mean Soldier 76 is the definition of good all around.

But if you play a character that you have mastered correctly you can murder soldier 76 effortlessly.

A top tier Genji will hit his shurikens do a combo melee and his at strike. And then reflect bullets back and run away afterwards to go kill the mercy.

My i consider myself above average with her Tracer I use her just like light calvary in Total War games. I show up behind enemies kill 1 or 2 piss the rest off and run away. They try to chase but are too slow and then go back to fighting the main group (out of formation) and I pop up again and kill soldier 76 players first with sneak ups and another player and run away.

The game is massive amounts of fun but I need to find people to play with for sure.
>>
File: 1459056814705.jpg (407 KB, 869x873) Image search: [Google]
1459056814705.jpg
407 KB, 869x873
>tfw they made it so I don't melt tanks in 1 volley anymore, and it instead takes an instant reload roll to do it
>>
>>344109135

Its a game that is enjoyable when played in short bursts. Like say match or two a day and thats it. Its not complex enough to fully invest beyond that.
>>
because you can't outskill your way out of any skirmish because ults and instakills exist, its just a naturally frustrating and tiresome game. I give it a month at most until I forget about it altogether.
>>
File: 1444957179957.png (135 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1444957179957.png
135 KB, 500x375
I have a large group of people online who play it, so it's not terrible. I'll play a few rounds, get bored, and put it away for a day. Some new maps would be nice though, I'm so fucking sick of Anubis.

Ranked would be fantastic if it wasn't for the insane need to cancel an entire match if one person drops early, but will never fill a spot if someone drops after the game starts. If you're gonna cancel the match for losing a player, why not just cancel it? Stupid fucking 30second timer.

Also, I'm surprised blizzard has done such a piss poor job creating motivation to play rank. 300 points for a stupid golden weapon almost no one will really see is just silly. They should have at least done exclusive/seasonal character skins.
>>
For better or worse, it's a better TF2 due to no pay2win weapons/loadouts and no F2P shitters, but still gets incredibly repetitive after a dozen hours or so. I don't regret getting gifted this game, but a good amount of my enjoyment came from riding the Open Beta/release hype
>>
Blizzard has a huge group of players so you bet your ass they're gonna be releasing heroes and skins at a fast rate. They want that lootbox money to keep coming and the more sweet content they make the more they'll get. The one good thing about that shit.
>>
>>344112923
i don't think they should've removed quickscoping tho, punishes people who are legitimately good at widow
>>
I'm taking a break until the new hero comes out, I'm trying not to burn myself out.
>>
>tfw D.VA main
I swear to god if her buff isn't a big one
>>
>>344109135
It gets old fast without friends to play it with, but my god is the longevity really increased when you play with buddies.
>>
>>344112049
fuck off
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.