[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>it has been almost a year since he passed away How has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 494x586) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 494x586
>it has been almost a year since he passed away

How has Nintendo changed since then?
>>
>>344105472
>>it has been almost a year since he passed away

There is no way this is true. It was literally like a month ago.
>>
Nintendo hasn't changed at all, as far as I can see.

They are so passive now. I bet when the NX comes out they will still be exactly the same.
>>
>>344105616
You've wasted another year of your life on 4 CHAN
>>
>>344105472
Holy fuck, this isn't a joke

I thought >>344105616 was right FOR SURE. I was absolutely certain it had been sometime in November at the earliest.

>>344105815
What have I done...
>>
>>344105472
Still too early to tell...
>>
>>344105815
>>344106036

WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>344106329
I feel like I've completely lost control of my life. Hold me, anon.
>>
Kimishima has been much more receptive to Nintendo's inevitable migration away from dedicated gaming hardware (i.e. doing a Sega).
>>
>>344105472
Paper Mario Metroid and Star Fox is now kill and censorship
>>
Its been about the same since his plans are still in order up until NX where Kimi takes over.
>>
>Harsher Censorship
>Pandering to the Press double time.
>>
They gave up.
>>
>>344105472
I-Is Reggie doing okay?
>>
>>344105472
No more splatfests
>>
The games have been shit
>>
>>344105472
I keep forgetting that he's dead
>>
>>344105472
We got MiiTomo and Pokemon GO!

Both don't look all too promising
>>
>>344105472
verdict is still out, and will be at least until NX launches
>>
File: Tatsumi_Kimishima.jpg (81 KB, 657x548) Image search: [Google]
Tatsumi_Kimishima.jpg
81 KB, 657x548
>>344105472
The games are still great!

Oh, and based Kimishima shut down some SJW faggot at the last Shareholder's Meeting and make it known that Nintendo promotes based on merit, not quotas.

I'm not worried.
>>
Hard to tell what the full effects will be since many things were too far along to change.

However in the past year Amiibo releases have severely declined, we haven't seen any re-releases for Wave 4 like Robin or Lucina while the final set of Smash Amiibo Cloud, Bayonetta, and Corrin are still no where to be seen despite the toys apparently making them tons of money.
>>
>>344108784
Kimishima won't change much. Before he assumed Iwata's post, he was the Chairman of the Board. And as Iwata's surrogate on the board, Kimishima played a lot of defense and fended off shareholders that wanted to turn the company third party or into something wholly less impressive.

As President you can expect Kimishima to continue down the path Iwata started. He has been on board since the start, though with the perspective of a businessman and not a developer.

Once the NX comes out I expect we'll begin to see the first of Kimishima's own plans and ideas being executed. Iwata spent time with the Big Three at Nintendo (Miyamoto, Takeda, and Kimishima) before he died and outlined his plans for the future.

They have their orders and as loyal soldiers they will execute them. We're still in the interim here.
>>
>>344108784
>>344109317
Yeah they're definitely in a holding pattern right now. They've got the money and can afford to take it slow, so I guess there's not much harm in it.

Have to get that NX launch right on day one.
>>
>>344105616
>>344106036
It feels like it happened more recently than it did because nintendo have done and announced exceedingly little since he died
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.