[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would this game have been hated on release as much as it was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (395 KB, 1920x1195) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
395 KB, 1920x1195
Would this game have been hated on release as much as it was if it wasn't releated to Final Fantasy 10?
>>
>>344103740
>>
File: Pretty 55.png (526 KB, 600x848) Image search: [Google]
Pretty 55.png
526 KB, 600x848
>>344103740
I don't feel it was hated. Even today I think it has a fairly strong core of fans who, when they're not furiously masturbating to chinese cartoons, appreciated the strange sort of free fun air the game had.

But fuck sidequests, yo.
>>
>>344103740

No probably not.

If the characters were still hot girls doing random shit in an awful story it could have been forgiven because it has the best battle system in any turn based Final Fantasy ever made.

The story would require a complete rewrite to make it not retarded though.
>>
>>344103740
The battle system was top notch. It was fast paced and fun as fuck. The story was shit and the requirements for a fresh game 100% were brutality insane though.
>>
>>344103740

I enjoyed it more than FFX. I expected the story to be stupid going in so that never bothered me.

The only real complaints I have is some of the bullshit you need to do for 100% completion, and although Paine has grown on me I remember being really disappointed they didn't use Lulu.
>>
Yes. It has really fun gameplay and I loved the dresspheres but the story is abysmal. Also it's impossible to 100% without a guide, which sucks.
>>
>>344104810
Paine was a prototype Lightning right?
>>
>>344104185
Yeah, at the beginning when I thought it was just going to be Cowboy Bebop with crystals it was poised to be my favorite game of all time. The main story ruins the whole thing and really who even cares about Tidus.
>>
>>344105046
...fuck. Fuck.
>>
File: 1428635774387.webm (3 MB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1428635774387.webm
3 MB, 960x720
>>344105397
>Cowboy Bebop with more hotpants and magic

So Outlaw Star?
>>
>>344105046

In retrospect it certainly seems that way.
>>
>>344103740
Probably not
What drags the game down is the lack of a clear objective and villain and that the game is 99% unfun filler.
If it was a new FF game not related to any other it would have had more room to mess around with characters and a new story, and in turn it would have made it have had a better progress and setpieces
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.