[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.strawpoll.me/10684826 I'm doing a small sur
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: sega[1].jpg (319 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
sega[1].jpg
319 KB, 1920x1080
http://www.strawpoll.me/10684826

I'm doing a small survey for personal data to see where people on this board stand, if you could just do it real quick I'd appreciate it. Beyond that, Sega thread. Whats your favorite console? era? game? from them.

I have just hooked up my Xbox again and have been playing through scrapped DC titles. Some have aged better than others, but as a whole they still maintain that classic charm that Sega has always had.
>>
Bump, surprised this didnt take off. no interest/longing for the past?
>>
I played Joust often on my Sega Genesis, fun times
>>
>>344090956
Havent played to much joust but that is a fun game yeah
>>
>>344088160
>console
might be Genesis -- I love the Saturn, but most of what I play on it are ports, same with the DC, all the exclusive Sega games were on Genesis
>era
Sega's 1993-1998 Model 2+3 era, holy shit. Daytona, Virtual On, Sega Rally, this is when they were the undisputed kings of the arcade, with graphics and gameplay that that no one else could beat.
>game
probably S3&K
>>
im playing through psobb right now

i love pso1's and original panzer dragoon's aesthetics. so pretty
>>
>>344096280
If you ever get a chance to play through Panzer Dragoon Saga, do it. It's a short RPG, but the aesthetics of it are wonderful, and the game's combat system is an interesting take on the genre that I haven't seen done in the same manner since.
>>
I love the Saturn, most unique system of the era.
>>
I've never owned a Sega console.

Emulation allowed me to discover that I had missed out on some great stuff. The Genesis in particular is an amazing console with a ton of good games. I also found that the Gamegear was actually quite a nice handheld outside of its hardware issues.

The Master System isn't bad either, though it isn't remotely in the same league as the NES.
>>
>>344098284
the MS is genuinely kind of lame with a small library of kind of okay games
the GG is more of the same, except with a smaller screen resolution, more colors, and most importantly: more games

the GG would have done really fucking well if Sega could get it to not drink batteries
with a revision (a GG pocket maybe?), Sega could have at least lessened the gigantic gap between it and Nintendo (and it's not like it wasn't the best-selling non-Nintendo handheld until the PSP came out), it's a nice piece of kit, it's a SMS with more colors and stereo sound

if you're emulating, play the MS version of a game instead of the GG one if you can -- MS version has a lower color palette, but the higher display resolution makes a world of difference
>>
>>344096280
Oh yeah thats when satoshi sakai was the artist. guy is great artist and director. Wish hed come back as a main director or artist instead of just producer.
>>
>>344088160
Why the fuck is the nomad not an option you underage fucking retard?
>>
>>344100880
Because less people own that than a master system
>>
>>344100964
>It's not an option because less people own it
go fuck yourself i'm not voting in your shitty poll
>>
>>344101067
only like, a million were made or sold. less than 5 people here probably have one, no joke. I forgot about it until you mentioned it and i have all sega sysetms
>>
>>344101172
I had it anon and I'm very defensive about it.
>>
>>344101283
Im sorry friend, if i ever need more data i will remember to include the nomad next time. just for (you) my good man
>>
>>344101849
I voted, but I hope it's a vote that makes you lose sleep over it.
>>
>>344099646
Yeah, I'd only ever seen people mocking and shitting on the Gamegear, so it was a pleasant surprise to find that it actually has a variety of solid games.

It's kind of a shame that the Nintendo handhelds so thoroughly eclipsed the competition. Stuff like the Gamegear and Neo Geo Pocket Color showed a lot of potential.
>>
>>344102086
I dont know about that but the quality of my night has decreased over the last few minutes over this so its doing something :(
>>
>>344102314
the NGPC's tiny library is unreasonably high quality, it's nuts
it really deserved a chance in the market
>>
>>344102392
Excellent, my famm :^)
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.