[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking about picking up a PS4. Whaddare your guys' thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
Thinking about picking up a PS4.
Whaddare your guys' thoughts?

I'm hoping Amazon Prime day isn't garbage and disappointing like last year and actually discounts products people want and not candles or towels or cups or $2 stuff.

Question though: when I owned a PS3 for a bit, I bought some games thru PSN (gta5, TLOU, some ps1 classics). Can I play those on the PS4 too?
>>
>>344072543
wait until the neo comes out. might as well
>>
>Can I play those on the PS4 too?
No, not even the classics.

You should wait for the slim/Neo announcement before you decide to make a purchase.
>>
should probably wait for neo
>>
>>344072543
Sadly you can't. One reason I returned my PS4 and built a pc. I had about 40+ psn games and psOne games that wouldn't transfer over. Still play my ps3 just play newer games on pc or with emulation.
>>
>>344072543
>gta5, TLOU, some ps1 classics).
No, you can only a few PS3 games are automatically playable on PS4 via cross buy

As I recall the list is currently: Flower, Journey, The Unfinished Swan, Flow, Resogun, and I think fl0w. There might be a few more I'm forgetting but it's not a very long list and they're basically all indie games. There are more PS4/Vita and PS3/Vita cross-buy titles.
>>
>>344072543
>Amazon Prime day
remember the 25 gallon tub of lube? Prime day was pretty good.
>>
File: ripiwata.gif (2 MB, 289x400) Image search: [Google]
ripiwata.gif
2 MB, 289x400
Should I just sell my PS4? I got it last month and really haven't been playing it at all, and all I have is bloodborne. Kind of want to get some older games or something instead now, or maybe a wii u sometime in the future.
>>
>>344074671
Pull the trigger now rather than later.
>>
File: Thornberry.jpg (223 KB, 2197x1463) Image search: [Google]
Thornberry.jpg
223 KB, 2197x1463
>>344072543
>I'm hoping Amazon Prime day isn't garbage and disappointing like last year
Well, at least you took that into consideration. The current "PS4 Bundle" on Amazon charges you for the retail price of Minecraft. Complete ripoff.

You are very right about Prime Day. Spent last year up all day long hoping for a PS4, but had to settle for a $50 drop on the VITA.
>>
>>344074671
>buying a wii u sometime in the future

bwahahahahaha

In all seriousness though I sold my PS4 over a month ago for about the same amount I paid. Really not worth it right now especially if you already have a PC. 90% chance I'll pick up a Neo though, by then all the PS4 game I'm looking forward to will have actually come out
>>
>>344074932
>>344075373
The upcoming games are what's holding me back, Nier specifically looks fantastic. Unless it comes with a UHD blu ray drive I doubt I'll pick up the neo either. And I'm certainly not buying a wii u before NX comes out, but NX could be shit and just make the wii u cheaper for me.
>>
>>344075628
You probably should have waited for the Neo, assuming you don't use your PS4 often. Being able to play games like Nioh without having to compromise between a proper framerate and resolution makes it more than worthwhile IMO.
>>
>>344076016
eh, I bought it expecting performance inferior to my PC so that's not a huge deal for me. If I end up selling though I guess I'll keep track of the news, but maybe I should have just continued skipping this gen and bought a PS3 instead.
>>
File: 1467261062124.jpg (33 KB, 331x412) Image search: [Google]
1467261062124.jpg
33 KB, 331x412
OP I was wondering the same thing, but it's mostly because I want to play MLB The Show. It's the only realistic baseball game out and it's only exclusive to ps4

I ready have a good PC so I'd really just be spending $400 for 1 game which I really don't want to do.
>>
People are recommending waiting for Neo, but I really wouldn't. Buy now so you can play now--the system is cheap anyways. Whence Neo is released, you can buy it then. This way also helps win the war against Nintendo and Microsoft, and Sony consistently delivers and thence deserves it.
>>
>>344076878
thank you Mr. Goldstein
>>
>>344076878
wew

I mean you're half right but lel the sound of that post
>>
>>344072543
Why would they discount the PS4?
>>
>>344076878
I agree with this. If you don't have $400 in 12 months time then you have way bigger issues to deal with.
>>
>>344076878
ka-ching
>>
>>344072543
I would wait
>>
You're better off buying one used on craigslist, I got mine for $240
>>
>>344072543
Wait for PS4 Neo and see how it goes from there. They could lower the originals price.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.