[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Street Fighter V
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70
File: sfv_beta_restart.jpg (175 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
sfv_beta_restart.jpg
175 KB, 1280x720
Does anyone else hate this game? I'm not talking about content, though things like locking away the colors to the point to where not even FM can buy it is shit. I'm talking about matchmaking and actual gameplay mechanics.

>no way to filter your search based on region or rank, thus making you wonder why a rank system even exists
>thanks to this you will get people with less than the connection limit you set frequently
>game only seems to know how to pair you up with three other people in the world over and over again

Enough of that though. How about the mechanics?

>vtrigger and vskill system are shit. V-Skill is just an arbitrary move tied to the vtrigger system. If the devs didn't like your character, they make the vskill shit so it takes longer to build trigger. This just makes vtrigger more of a comeback mechanic
>most good vtriggers might as well be stagnant roman cancels. they function as X-Factors and let you convert any hit confirm into 60% of the opponent's health
>the game has absolutely no defensive play involved so many characters have to rely on vreversals to survive
>many vreversals are straightup shit easily baited and punished without actually slowing down your offense
>reliable AAs are not only rare, but almost all do shit damage
>on the other hand any successful jump in is going to net 40+% of the opponent's health, which completely kills the risk reward to jumping
>CC system is shit. instead of making the frames for heavier moves make more sense they just give it a huge buff that makes eating a CC game ending for you

>CC on reversals fucks over characters who have no meterless reversal. it makes their only means of getting out too risky
>on the other hand they used this as an excuse to make reversals way too strong. Ryu and Ken's shoryu are stronger in this game than any other SF. safe jumps are gone you cannot do anything but keep trying to bait it, which means get out of jail free cards for the shotos
>>
>the damage is completely fucked thanks to them retaining SFIV links to some extent and also adding random target combos
>characters like Karin, Ryu, and Ken can go into their MPs all day because they are fast, completely safe on block, and hit confirmable into half your health
>a handful of characters arbitrarily get SFIV tier links like that in a game that shouldn't have them
Also please no waifu shit. Since it's the summer I actually have to worry about the thread being derailed by thirsty virgins
>>
>>344052463
> apologists defend incomplete game
> you can unlock everything by playing capcom said
> unable to finish beach stage so they had to ban it
>>
File: 37576947531564.jpg (16 KB, 475x426) Image search: [Google]
37576947531564.jpg
16 KB, 475x426
>>344052463
I kinda regret buying it desu
>>
File: Karin_Summer_Costume.jpg (70 KB, 602x722) Image search: [Google]
Karin_Summer_Costume.jpg
70 KB, 602x722
>>344053193
They did a great job on the distortion and refraction of underwater stuff on the beach stage. Of course that's stupid idea if you want the stage to be competitively viable.
>>
I haven't played it in months, I have like 500,000 FM and I'm not even bothering with the DLC characters. Maybe I'll get Juri and see who comes up next year.

The problem is that Capcom is so far behind when it comes to fighting games, play MKX or Guilty Gear Xrd and the difference in quality is mindblowing. It makes SFV seem like a shitty free to play game in comparison.
>>
>>344053193
If we're talking content, it's just so easy tearing the game apart. In fact fuck it consider this a rant thread. If you're on Capcom's payroll then fuck off to /vg/. For those annoyed by the game feel free to vent

>You cannot buy base colors with fight money or real money
>Instead they are locked away behind survival mode, which is riddled with loading times and cheesy AI
>You get ABSOLUTELY nothing for your time spent in survival mode if you are unable to complete the very last match
>People on PC can use exploits, but those on PS4 are completely fucked
>Despite every stage having a stage theme, you cannot choose in the options to only play stage themes or characters themes like in SFIV (so enjoy Ken and Ryu's themes since that's all you'll here)
>Season's pass (which I was smart enough not to buy) doesn't even give you all the stages that come out (I think? that's what a friend said at least)
> you essentially get nothing for playing in battle lounge. you could go 100 matches and not get anything from it. I imagine Capcom was afraid of people grinding, but who the fuck cares since I can't even buy colors in the shop?
>the entire game is based around Capcom's esports scene which means the release of content and the rebalancing of the game is based around the 1% of SFV players

Seriously though am I the only one who absolutely hates every new mechanic SFV introduced? V-Trigger is a way worse comeback mechanic than Ultras.

>replace all the best character's ultras with augment your power ultras that can be done mid string for a safe attempt at hit confirming into huge damage

>>344053674
it's a great stage, but all they had to do was make things see through in the water such as Birdie's can. it amazes me how incompetent the developers for this game actually are

>>344053395
Me too. I've regretted buying it since day one. I hate supporting this shit game with my purchase and I have remorse every time I win or lose in ranked.

>>344053858
Yeah
>>
>>344053674
Does it really matter if it's competitively viable when we all know tourneyfags will just choose training stage
>>
>>344052463
why would anyone hate a fighting game where you actually have to be skilled to win?
>>
No, I like it and I'm having fun learning how to play. I didn't mind paying $4 for Ryu's battle outfit since he's the only one I'm using right now.
>>
i like the game because i'm a fucking casual when it comes to fightan games

what really pissed me off was downloading 8gb including a bunch of shitty hats and two characters that i can't play without another 8gb update for a supposedly terrible story mode
>>
V Skill and Trigger seem very uncreative to me.

I wish I can choose what music to play in battle also, character or stage.
>>
>>344054107
training stage is banned. Everyone is forced to pick random
>>
I don't hate it but it does have problems

My main gripes are the matchmacking and the rock/paper/scissors gameplay

Shit like mika's cr.hp, geifs cr.hp alexs st.hp and balrogs st.hk are ass. Not because of the move itself. but because it puts you in a situation were you have to guess

I still find fun in it though and I'll keep playing until another alive fighting game comes out
>>
>story mode on the horizon
>had it been in the launch product we wouldn't have hyped it up or expected anything beyond some simple fun with it
>capcom themselves kept hyping it up
>it comes out
>complete garbage
>constant loading times between every scene and fight
>no cinematography just characters standing around talking in front of the stages
>editing is awful the transitions are really bad and made only worse by the loading times
>the actual story is shit, but it also isn't funny sans a few scenes
>it's like a failed attempt at bridging a saturday morning cartoon with an anime
>you get a surprisingly meaningless amount of fight money from it
>trying to beat it on hard is a nightmare because of the input reading AI

>>344054176
you're eight frames too late for that response to make any sense
>>
>>344054325
Mika and Laura in general make me hate playing the game. It is MKX tier 50/50s over and over again.

>get knocked down
>despite the quick getup system the opponent always has enough time to get close enough to do a CC mixup
>against Mika if I eat a f. HP it is not only SAFE (I think it might even be plus) for her, but if it CC I take huge fucking damage
>therefore it is never worth trying to poke her or do anything but block on wakeup
>command grab does massive damage

I summed up the characters. SFV grapplers are so shitty. They nerfed the command grab as a mid to close range tool to make you afraid of being near them to just a stronger regular grab with almost the same range. Doing it this way makes dedicated grapplers like Gief feel like shit, but strike based grapplers like Mika way too cheesy
>>
>>344054298
Really?? It's about time.

I fell off like 2 weeks after 5 came out, so I had no idea.
>>
>>344054341
yo just pointing it out that USF4 had 5 grames of delay so were only gaining 3.

But the fastest move in the game is 3 frames soo
>>
>>344054750
It's banned at Evo, but I'm not sure if that is a standard that all tournaments will follow or not. That being said, if the beach stage is selectable on the screen then I imagine random selecting will cause them to not only waste time with buttons checks, but going back to random select if they get the beach stage.
>>
>>344052463
You are forgetting the absolutely retarded 8 frames of input delay the game has.
>>
How to fix SFV:
Make survival just one mode instead of separating it by difficulty, 100 rounds that increase difficulty every 25 rounds, you unlock a color every 10 rounds, you get fight money every 25. Up to 3 continues can be purchased and stored. Add arcade mode with actual final boss and endings for each character, increase the reward for wining online from 50 FM to 1000 FM. That way you can unlock a character for 100 online wins, not 2000 because fuck you Capcom that is impossible, you might as well not even give us FM for winning. Give everyone 2 or 3 super finishers like 3rd strike, hell even in SSF4 everyone had 2. How hard is it? Offer free costumes and content every once in a while like NetherRealm.
>>
>>344054054
>If you're on Capcom's payroll then fuck off to /vg/
Why the hell is /vg/ so pro-Capcom anyway? They seem violently opposed to any fighting game that strays too far from the SF formula.
>>
>>344054965
It should become the standard, at least if you're going to be on stream. I imagine that they just wont purchase the stage.
>>
>>344055592
You have either not been to /fgg/ or you are a nintoddler trying to push your garbage party game off as a fighting game again
>>
>>344055510
You only get 50 FM from winning online? What the hell, how are you supposed to get FM then?
>>
>>343964209

The only people who like sfv are people who never touched a fighting game before and waifufags, all need to kill themselves, dickriders need to die
>>
>>344056113
Survival
All difficulties with all characters gets you over one million FM.
>>
Enjoying the game greatly. All this shitposting only strengthens my resolve to keep playing.
>>
>>344055312
It's just too easy to complain about. Also, unfortunately it is basically a standard in fighting games now. Every Tekken is increasing the input delay for example. With the fighting game community on a whole getting older I imagine they prefer whatever it takes to make reaction speed less and less of a thing too.

>>344056113
The absolute best way to make fight money is to do everyone's combo trials and survival mode on easy and normal along with their individual stories. The problem is that once you've done this your ability to make fight money really slows down. It's fine for now I imagine your average player could get all the characters if they wanted to, but for people who want stages or season 2 characters it's probably going to be really bad.

Capcom keeps talking about daily challenges, but they have yet to implement anything. SFV feels like an abandoned F2P game sometimes.
>>
I don't understand why people haven't switched back to Ultra already.
>>
>>344052463
They should add combos that are more than 3 buttons
>inb4 balrog
>>
>>344056703
It's ugly, old and nobody plays it.
>>
>>344056703
Because it's worse.
>>
>>344056703
Because Capcom won't let them. The only reason SFV is even as big as it is right now is because Capcom is lining people's wallets with cash to try to push people into liking the game.

>>344056840
Ultra was popular and hadn't even been out that long before Capcom pulled the plug. People enjoy watching it and playing it. There is no reason why Capcom couldn't support both game scenes. Instead they forced killed one and force jumpstarted the other.

Fighting game esports was a mistake.
>>
File: 1466334282861.png (76 KB, 232x296) Image search: [Google]
1466334282861.png
76 KB, 232x296
>>344056978
>USF4 worse than SFV
>>
>>344056840
People still play shitty 3rd strike for some reason. Why not ultra
>>
>>344056985
This
>>
>>344057096
Because Third Strike is better than ultra.
>>
>>344056135
Hate to be that faggot, but relax. Shit will hopefully improve. SF4 wasn't good until Ultra, SF3 wasn't good til 3S, MvC3 wasn't good til Ultimate.

I regret being an early adopter because at its current state it's ass. I just wish capcpom would've let USF4 live one more year so that SFV could've been much better at launch.
>>
>>344057096
I still play 3S and Ultra
>>
>>344056985
Didn't a lot of high level players like Daigo come out and say its shit? Seems like Capcom is just forcing it on people by making it the only SF game at Capcom Cup and Evo.
>>
>>344056978
SF4 was pretty bad, but SF5 is considerably worse.

I think SF5 is a better game at its core, but they fucked up everything else about the game.
>>
File: 1387770887407.gif (2 MB, 235x240) Image search: [Google]
1387770887407.gif
2 MB, 235x240
>>344057242
My nigga
>>
3 > 5 > 2 > 4
>>
>>344057262
Daigo said it was shit at first. Then he realized that Ryu is top tier so he thinks it's great just like every other game that has top tier Ryu.

There are a bunch of top players that are worried that the game is going to die though because the entire scene is built around capcom funding it so if they go away it all goes away
>>
>>344052463
There is a lot of things wrong with this game, yet i'm playing it every day cause capcuck pro tour event coming in october
>>
>>344057506
3>4>2>5
FTFY
>>
>>344057523
>>There are a bunch of top players that are worried that the game is going to die though because the entire scene is built around capcom funding it so if they go away it all goes away

Of course the game will die sooner or later. But it's guaranteed content and support until Q4 2017/Q1 2018.
>>
>>344057614
3 > 5 > 2 > 4

3 is perfect in every way.

The core gameplay in 5 is second best to 3, but everything else is shit.

2 is a slightly worse 3.

4 is babbys first street fighter for niggers in usa.
>>
It's like you fucks forgot how shit vanilla SF4 was.
>>
>>344057647
so it's a game with a 2 year lifespan. Which is fucking terrible
>>
>vtrigger and vskill system are shit. V-Skill is just an arbitrary move tied to the vtrigger system. If the devs didn't like your character, they make the vskill shit so it takes longer to build trigger. This just makes vtrigger more of a comeback mechanic
Saying V-trigger is a come back mechanic is like saying Super is a comeback mechanic, or EX attacks. You gain meter and v-meter from being hit. V-meter is just an extra resource. Just like how some specials aren't equal, neither is v-skill. However seem to be designed around their vskill in mind (see gief and no greenhands)
>most good vtriggers might as well be stagnant roman cancels. they function as X-Factors and let you convert any hit confirm into 60% of the opponent's health
Outside of Rog TAPS and CAs combos ive never seen a vtrigger combo do that much damage.
>>the game has absolutely no defensive play involved so many characters have to rely on vreversals to survive
A lot of characters can play defensively. V-reversal is a game mechanic and will come into play a lot, this is no different from Alpha counters. They were used VERY frequently in the Alpha series. Nash was designed as a aggressive character and the top player plays him defensively.
>many vreversals are straightup shit easily baited and punished without actually slowing down your offense
They aren't baited as easily as you think, stop v-reversalling + on block attacks. This happened in alpha too
>>reliable AAs are not only rare, but almost all do shit damage
Depends on the AA
>on the other hand any successful jump in is going to net 40+% of the opponent's health, which completely kills the risk reward to jumping
So like every other street fighter game? Block or AA
>CC system is shit. instead of making the frames for heavier moves make more sense they just give it a huge buff that makes eating a CC game ending for you
Sorry you can't spam srk anymore or mash buttons on wake up. You need to respec meaties and frametraps. ie wait your turn.
>>
>>344057181
kek
>>
>>344057805
4 is way deeper than 5. 5 was literally made for fucking casuals. 4 takes both fundamentals and execution. Same goes for ST.
>>
>>344052463
Oh great, it's another OP hates everything SFV general thread.
>>
>>344057805
I don't like 3 at all, parries completely removes the risk involved for jumping.
>>
I'm just in Silver so I know I'm shit, but wow I don't think I've ever seen as little variety in characters picked before. I want to say as high as 90% of the players I fight are using either Ryu or Ken, with the distribution probably being 70% Ryu. The worst part is that I look at the names I'm always fighting different players.

Fuck the shotos. I hate shotos, but they might be at their worst in this game because of the damage output. If even a single MP hits from either of these characters say goodbye to half your life bar. What they did with the CC system doesn't even help because they made the shoto DPs so fucking strong you cannot do any form of setup to try to punish them except constantly blocking, which just lets them avoid being pressured.

On the flip side if you DP with other characters like Ibuki or Karin, not only did you spend a meter for it, but you can't afford to get CC'd because you have such a small health pool. Meanwhile Ryu and Ken are sitting at average health yet huge fucking damage output AND keep some of the only reliable AAs and pokes in the game. Plus, two of the best v-triggers. It's fucking stupid

The thing I hate most about shotos is that they get a reputation for being the msot honest and skill based, yet they are almost always ace of all trades. Making a character with some of the best footsies, zoning tools, AAs, pokes, and damage isn't good design.
>>
I'm actually enjoying it a lot more now that my shitty super/ultra bronze necalli isn't getting tossed into the ultra silver/gold meatgrinder every ranked match. Dunno if new players came in or Capcum actually fixed their matchmaking.

Games still take too fucking long to start though, holy shit.
>>
>>344057834
the people complaining are mostly faggots who started off with SSF4.
>>
>>344058279
>I'm just in Silver so I know I'm shit, but wow I don't think I've ever seen as little variety in characters picked before. I want to say as high as 90% of the players I fight are using either Ryu or Ken, with the distribution probably being 70% Ryu. The worst part is that I look at the names I'm always fighting different players.

Wow it's almost like new players pick Ryu and Ken for a reason.

Wow.

Wow.
>>
>>344057262
SFV is just MKX basically. The second NRS stops supporting it with money everyone will move onto a new fighting game. This is the future of an esports centered fighting game scene. Money is the driving force behind everything.
>>
>>344058316
You just reminded me of how busted AE was.
>>
I hate it's undeserved popularity, which shows that the name alone is enough to carry it, and now capcom fully knows this thanks to battered-wife syndrome FGC gamers.
>>
>>344058279
The bulk of bronze/silver are new players. New players pick Ryu.
You'll see more variety in the next color bracket.
>>
>>344057834
>it's fine for games to always be bad for four years because this game almost a decade ago was bad at first too
>>
>>344058206
there are plenty of waifu threads for you to beg for sfm porn for you know. you don't have to come here for it
>>
All you niggs are going to be riding Hyper Ultra Super Street Fighter V's dick in 2018 when Capcom announce SFVI.
>>
>>344058595
I too am also surprised that new mechanics and system needs time to be tweaked and adjusted according to current play
>>
>>344058910
They said they won't release another SFV though.
>>
>>344058595
Let the game improve man
>>
>>344058595
Nigga, it's hard to get fighting games right the first time around. I can't even think of a recent fighting game that people liked with it's initial release.

P4A maybe, but no one expected it to be anything other than some shit for persona fans.
>>
>>344059321
HAHAHAH NIGGA YOU REAL BELIEVE THAT ?!?_!

Capcom said on Tiwtter that the sales were underwhelming and that the fanbse let them down so they're were going to releaes a new street fighter game in the series after 2 years.

SO be prepared for Street Fighter 6.
>>
>>344057805
>The core gameplay in 5 is second best
No
>>
>>344059508
Did you read my post correctly?
>>
>>344059578
What's the matter? Don't like being aggressive? Do you like being a defensive beta faggot? That's alright.
>>
>>344058289
I think they improved the matchmaking a bit. I don't get constantly thrown against Platinums and Diamonds anymore either. The worst was being Silver and getting thrown up against Golds and Super Golds constantly. You lose almost as much as you would against regular Silvers so it made the way matchmaking worked make no sense.

Now it seems to be more like Hearthstone matchmaking, which actually makes sense.

>Silvers should only fight Ultra Bronze, Silver, and Super Silvers

This is the best way to do it
>>
>sf2 footsies, rng damage and stun values, and death combos
>sf3 footsies rendered useless because of parry, whiffed normals gives meter, matches turn into stay in corner mash cr.mp until fully stocked and rush fish for cr.mk xx super
>alpha series infinites and footsies
>sf4 fadc allows for creativity and sacrifices meter advantage for safe positioning, shit ulra comeback mechanic
>sf5 pure footsies and fundamentals, deathcomboes, no rng stun ordamage

Sfv is literally Sf2 with alpha counters
>>
File: you.gif (415 KB, 480x238) Image search: [Google]
you.gif
415 KB, 480x238
>>344059746
>>
File: bestwinscreen.png (895 KB, 850x434) Image search: [Google]
bestwinscreen.png
895 KB, 850x434
>>344052463
>>344052813
Everything you said here is absolutely correct, and it's incredibly disheartening to not have Street Fighter as my go-to fighting game when me and my friends want to play something more subdued and smart compared to our anime arcsys stuff, but I'm still enjoying it because I like cheap and easy shit. Also, I'm surprised that you didn't mention the high input lag making random forward dashes into heavies or grabs a viable mixup that makes turtling/defense useless. It's my biggest problem with the game by far because the old neutral game that street fighter used to have has been replaced with a Dash vs. Jump neutral game. Not to mention that one wrong guess leads to snowball situations way too often because of the reasons you listed.
>>
>>344059963
>SFV
>pure footsies and fundamentals
lol
>>
>>344059963
Are we playing the same SFV because SFV literally has no footsies.
>>
Just bought this game, never played a Street fighter game before. How the fuck do I git gud at this? I literally got perfected in my first ranked match by a guy grabbing me every single time my character got up...
>>
>>344060464
>playing in bronze
>real
lol
>>
>>344060513
Want a training partner?
>>
>>344060513
Did you skip the tutorial?
>>
>>344060201
Yeah I hate the snowballing. When they were first showing off the mechanical changes (such as the quick rises on almost all attacks), it sounded like they actually wanted to improve from SFIV. In execution it's awful though. The eight frame delay combined with some of the other mechanical choices makes the wakeup game a nightmare in this.

If you ever get knocked down fighting Ken and you're near the corner, the match is over. I'm not even sure how they can improve it at this point. I guess one thing I would like to see is more recovery on a lot of moves, especially jump ins. You are just way too plus when you do a jump in in this game. If I block your jump in and you go for a heavy or MP and I jab, I should fucking win. Either that or increase the damage AAs do by a long shot.

>>344059963
>sfv footsies
>play someone like Alex and make great reads and poke them all match, st LPing their jump ins
>they are using someone like karin ryu or ken
>I make one wrong read
>get hit by a MP
>lose half my health because of it
>everything I did up until then amounted to the same or less than a single MP because they decided to make them hit confirmable into huge damage
>>
>>344059963
>SFV
>Footsies
>Slow as shit walk speed
>Tiny range normals
>8 Frames of input delay

Street Fighter V literally has no footsies.
>>
>>344060513
Literally the easiest SF game.
>>
File: SFV played got.png (1 MB, 1031x1513) Image search: [Google]
SFV played got.png
1 MB, 1031x1513
>>
>>344059963
>SFV footies
>in a game where everyone is in the air more than half the time
kek
>>
>>344060842
>>8 Frames of input delay
Hello bronze.
Reminder most fighters have 5-6 input daily, 2 more frames isn't going to hurt you babycakes.
>>344060841
Don't make a retarded mistake when your enemy has CA and V-trigger.

>xd be me
>get hit by FULLY STOCKED ryu crush counter
>lose 670 hp
wtf capcom???
>>
>>344060751
I've watched a bunch of demonstrations and attempted Ryu's combos, although it's hard as fuck. I play on PS4 and I suck at inputting hadouken type inputs. Especially whatever the move was to make a super attack by inputting the quarter circle twice in a row.
>>
>>344060951
XDD
>>
>>344052463

Then don't press buttons

>CC on reversals fucks over characters who have no meterless reversal. it makes their only means of getting out too risky

Dps are risky wowzers. What you even talking about?

What is with this list? V-reversals are punishable? They aren't most of the time and have to be baited. AA are shit? You can literally get a 50/50 off of a jab anti air. No defensive play? Let me tell Infiltration that who fucking zoned people out and just grabbed people and won two majors

This shit reads like something off of a eventhubs comment section.
>>
File: 14186620405050.gif (3 MB, 190x200) Image search: [Google]
14186620405050.gif
3 MB, 190x200
>>344059963
>sf5 pure footsies and fundamentals
>>
>>344061058
>Reminder most fighters have 5-6 input daily
This is what SFV shitters ACTUALLY believe
>>
>>344059963
>sf3 footsies rendered useless because of parry
This is the first time I've seen someone make a sane point in SF threads, shame the rest of your points about everything else is garbage.
>>
>>344061281
So it's official, /v/ doesn't play fighting games.
>>
File: input lag.png (250 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
input lag.png
250 KB, 1920x1080
>>344061058
Nope
>>
>>344061058
You aren't making a retarded mistake though. You are bound to get hit eventually. A game with good design for normals makes it like this

>lights beat out stuff really well, but in return yield little damage
>mediums have good range and speed and can be 2in1'd into special moves, but lack easy hit confirms so they are often used for poking
>heavies do the most damage and often have the biggest range, but are slow so they are usually used at mid range or as punishes

That sort of system allows for a good amount of risk reward. SFV doesn't have it. IV made lights overpowered and V makes mediums overpowered. I shouldn't lose half my health because I ate a st. MP. That makes the whole process of playing the game feel like a waste of time. It also is made worse by the fact that SFV is a slow game. When you spent thirty seconds poking people and spacing and lose all your health to a single normal, it makes the whole game feel like shit.

This is why something like ST or SF3 will end up being more satisfying. It's far quicker and to the point.

Also an additional three frames is definitely going to hurt you when three frame normals are one of the biggest deals in SFV you drone.
>>
sf will never top 3rd strike, sfiv was ok, v has been the worst yet. im done with crapcom.
>>
>>344061329
>Parry makes footsies useless
>Best character in the game wins because of footsies

SFV babies are hilarious
>>
>>344059963
The closest SFV comes to having footsies is a Karinfag spamming st.MK and sweep. Normals have garbage range in this game and the high input lag with high damage makes dedicated footsies and neutral unviable compared to risk taking jumps and dashes.
>>
>>344061401
Xrd has 5 frames
USf4 has 5 frames
MKX has 6 frames
Skullgirls has 3 frames
KI has 4.9 frames
Smash inputdelay varies in the matches
>>
>>344061587
>>Normals have garbage range

This is what controller plebs actually believe.
>>
ITT: Only my favorite game has footsies, the rest don't.
>>
Colors are fine if you use the one round survival mod. Free FM too.

Sorry PS4cucks but I'm getting my shit for free
>>
>>344061528
I didn't know Vincent was an SFV baby. Kys.
>>
>>344061686
I don't play pad. I just don't play Chun or Karin so I don't have a go-to button to press over and over when I want to play SFV "footsies"
>>
>>344061850
Who do you play?
>>
>>344061401
>Commonest
Who the fuck wrote that?
>>
>>344061848
>Vincent
My sides!
>>
>>344061401
>commonest
I can't take this chart seriously.
>>
>>344061060
I suggest just hopping into training mode and getting comfortable with all your motions on both sides, if you want to be semi-competent. don't stop til you can do it ten times in a row. also get comfortable with your normals.

I can try helping you with the extreme basics, but I'm honestly not good at all (ultra bronze)
>>
File: 1378664659345.jpg (35 KB, 313x317) Image search: [Google]
1378664659345.jpg
35 KB, 313x317
>successful anti-air deals 50-70 damage and youre back to neutral
>unsuccesful anti-air means you lose 250-550 damage and ends with knockdown
>some characters are immune to jumpins because they got a godlike lp

>retarded 50/50 situations

Other than that, I like the gameplay
>>
>>344061674
Skullgirls has up to at least 11 frames.
>>
File: 93f3d0663.jpg (9 KB, 250x226) Image search: [Google]
93f3d0663.jpg
9 KB, 250x226
>SFV
>Footsies
>>
>>344062259
Anti-airing is the easiest this series has ever seen in sfv.
You have no excuse to get slapped by a jump in
>>
>>344061960
Character crisis right now desu. Guile and Rashid were a fucking bust. Vega was my main in past games so I went back to him so I could at least play in what little footsies this game has. Footsies just feel like an afterthought in this game because of the terribly skewed risk and reward in this game. High input lag also makes whiff punishing much more difficult and less consistent/less rewarding to the dash vs. grab mindgame from midscreen. If nobody is pressing buttons the best bet is always to mixup a foward dash into grab with a jump-in. That's been the staple of SFV mindgames from what I've been seeing and it's what works because of 8 frames buzzword.
>>
File: Untitled.png (113 KB, 250x226) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
113 KB, 250x226
>Street Fighter
>Footsies
>>
File: NEVER EVER.jpg (55 KB, 402x390) Image search: [Google]
NEVER EVER.jpg
55 KB, 402x390
>SFV
>Footsies
>>
Daily reminder that 8 frames of input delay removes footsies, fundamentals and strategy from the game and basically turns it into a all in mashing slugfest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CBEVIDwge0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwalITH_cGY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap369ES-6Xw
>>
>>344062398

>8 frames of delay
>easiest ever

>what is risk/reward
>>
>>344062727
>8 frames of delay
So you have no argument?
>>
>>344056595
>I imagine they prefer whatever it takes to make reaction speed less and less of a thing too.
No it's because of online play. The higher delay, the higher the frame buffer before delay hits.
>>
>>344061674
These are all recent games for the most part and many people do not like the trends fighting games have been taking.

And just look at the data you compiled, assuming it is true. The highest there is MKX at 6 frames, but that's still a whopping two frames lower than SFV. Not only is MKX shitty and people hate how much guesswork is involved, but SFV has three frame normals so a difference of near three frames is a big deal.

The rest are three frame difference or more, which once again is a big deal. And that's not even looking at the games themselves. Gatling based games having input delay usually isn't as big of a problem because of frame data. If you look at how long a lot of normals take to come out, it's going to be longer than SFV.

Let's use Axl as an example because he's my favorite to use in Xrd. His 2k, which I consider to be a nice solid quick low poke and starter, is 7 frames. Compare that to someone like Chun Li with a 3 frame jab that is comboable in a game where a lot of moves are -3 on block.

In fact taking a look through the frame data shows Axl doesn't have a single normal quicker than six frames. That's more than the input delay in the game itself.

Games like Tekken and SF are the ones where the huge input delay is a huge problem. MKX is so heavy on fuzzy guarding also because of the input delay making it hard to react to high lows.

Ultimately the problem is that a lot of games refuse to readjust the way they are designed to makeup for the input delay. Tekken 7 is going to likely be torn apart when it comes out because more people will get a chance to see how much worse playing with input delay can be.

If you're going to make a game try to play flawlessly online and offline by increasing the delay, then you need to make the entire game function differently to accommodate for it. Based off my time with Xrd, I think it did a good job of doing this. It fundamentally changed XX to makeup for things like the input delay.
>>
>>344062372
>>344062520
>>344062581
> a new shitpost has been born
>>
File: 1455136087331.jpg (40 KB, 581x483) Image search: [Google]
1455136087331.jpg
40 KB, 581x483
>SFV
>Footsies
>>
>>344062806
>Games like Tekken and SF are the ones where the huge input delay is a huge problem
Please stop posting. You have no idea how Tekken works. This thread is shit.
>>
>tfw blew 70k FM accidentally on the shitty beach stage

I feel like shit now. That FM could have gone to a new character.
>>
>>344062792

More like you have none.
You cant explain why AA is the easiest in V.
I can explain why AA is shit in V.

Fuck off.

>what is risk/reward
So you have no argument?
>>
>>344062802
I understand why it is done by devs. I'm just saying that as people get older they will likely become more interested in anticipating and "mind games" over quick reactions and precise inputs
>>
Which character is the most retard proof? And which character is high tier aside from Nash/Ryu?

Balrog is my vote for both.
>>
>>344063172

>high tier
>no Chun, Karin or Necalli
>but fucking Rog

Rog is mid tier
>>
>>344063054
>Wasting 70k FM on a banned stage
Nigga you fucked up.
>>
>>344052463
The game is fucking awful even after the updates and unplayable in my country.

I had more luck finding matches on GG than in this.
>>
>>344063091
>enemy jumps
>jump back lp
wow
and thats universal
lets try character specific
>enemy jumps
>Zangief jabs

>enemy jumps
>karin jabs

>enemy jumps
>necalli jabs

>enemy jumps
>barlog st.strong

>enemy jumps
>ryu cr.hp

etc and etc

You're just bad at video games.
The risk for jumping is the same as other games, you didn't eat a 500 damage AA in any other street fighter why would this be any different.
>>
>>344063049
Watch videos Rip makes if you don't think input delay is a big deal in Tekken. If you won't take me seriously, then you'll take a professional player who wins tournaments seriously right?

Increased input delay makes lows and mids that used to be reactable now not reactable. It's the difference between a move being bad and a move being good.

Nash dash into a normal or a grab would get Nash players blown up in a game with less input delay.
>>
http://shoryuken.com/2016/07/06/capcom-promises-to-take-strict-action-against-players-who-use-unreleased-characters-online-in-street-fighter-v/

So what's the punishment, /v/?

#8MOREFRAMES
>>
>>344063172
Karin, Ken, Ryu, and Necalli are the most retard proof. You basically can never challenge anything they do or you'll get blown up for it. Of them Karin is by far the most simple. Anyone could pick her up in a day.
>>
>>344063636
You could do HUGE damage AAing in SFIV. Other SF games have increased damage and less health across the board with more focus on basic normals over combos so yes AAing was more rewarding before.

People were afraid to jump in in SFIV because of how much damage they could take from an anti air. Did you even play the game?
>>
>>344063948
Oh you mean doing supers/ultras?
You could do that in SFV. That's not different at all.

a lot of CAs work as anti air's, since you're comparing them to ultras.
>>
File: 1382684563587.png (287 KB, 405x412) Image search: [Google]
1382684563587.png
287 KB, 405x412
>>344063636

>still cant explain why AA is easier in V than in any SF before
>still cant explain why more delay makes reacting easier
>so desperate that you turn my "60-70 is a bit too low" into 500
>>
>>344063791
Necalli is the hardest char to play competitively.
>>
>>344064359
Pfft
>>
>>344064156
Yeah mean pressing a single button is too hard when you have 3 extra frames compared to sf4, lmao.
>>
>block a jump in as ibuki
>do a 3 frame normal
>they do a heavy attack
>I get crush countered and lose half my health

Is it not enough that you can do quick pokes or a grab after being blocked after jumping?
>>
>>344064474

Its H A R D E R than SF4.
You claimed its E A S I E R.
You are W R O N G.
>>
>>344064497
you're pressing your buttons way too late senpai
>>
>>344064083
DPs did more damage. AAs were also more reliable. Where characters are doing jabs to AA in SFV, characters were using mediums and heavies.

With FADC many characters could convert an AA into something much bigger. There were air to air normals that created juggle states for characters to capitalize on.

You really need to go back and play SFIV again. There is far less jumping in that game because the punishes were way stronger. Also Ultras are given to you as free meter unlike CAs so you can't even compare their viability as AAs. No matter what you did, once you put Seth at half health you couldn't jump in at all anymore.
>>
>>344064614
sf4 you cant just hold up back jab to anti air dingdong
>>
>>344064749
Once Nash is fully stocked you can't jump in on him anymore.
Once Balrog is fully stocked you can't jump in on him anymore.
Once Bison is fully stocked you can't jump in on him anymore.

How is that any different?
>>
>ibuki cannot EX kunai if she's out of kunai
>there is no EX reload for some odd reason

I enjoy playing Ibuki a lot in this game, but they really didn't want you to have much fun with the kunai. I'm alright with EX Kunai still consuming a kunai, but having no EX reload feels really shitty.
>>
>>344064928
Fully stocked on what? CA? It's different because that's a meter resource they could use on EX moves. It wasn't uncommon to do two ultra in a single round in SFIV.

Also Balrog and Bison have terrible AA otherwise.
>>
>>344061060
Fighting games are 50/50 muscle memory and mental focus. At this point you have to drill the inputs in training mode until it's second nature.

Also you're gonna lose a lot starting out, and that's perfectly fine.
>>
>>344065908
Any tips on how to do the Z movements on control stick?
>>
>>344066440

Like a z?
>>
>you get no fight money for playing in battle lounges
>you get no fight money for losing in casual or ranked matches

I really don't get this game. It's like they went out of their way to encourage people not to even bother with it. Biggest buyer's remorse I've ever had for a game.
>>
>>344066440
for srk? forward, down, down-forward punch
>>
>>344057805
> 3 is perfect in every way.
all the characters have parry.

you sure dont know what the fuck are you talking about
>>
Hopefully it puts the final nail into the Street fighter series since it hasn't been good since the first then Tekken reigns supreme.
>>
File: 1463411283695.jpg (30 KB, 244x295) Image search: [Google]
1463411283695.jpg
30 KB, 244x295
>my face when fucking Harada himself shuts the 8 frames memers up
>>
bro maybe its time to stop playing video games? or stop buying street fighter. this is how things are now. deal with it nerd
>>
>>344067768
i feel ya dude you watch floe's newest stream man? funny stuff nigga lmao
>>
>>344067218
No one will switch to tekken if SF goes under small son.
>>
>>344052463
I hate how trash the netcode is. Can't really enjoy the game however good or bad it is if me and the enemy constantly teleport and rollback each others moves. Games for Windows Live and early Steamworks weren't remotely that bad, and oh boy were they bad.
>>
>>344066734
>Get no fight money playing in Battle Lounge
Why don't they just let you earn it in local play as well if you want an exploit to get all the characters?

Plus why should the game reward you if you lose?
>>
>>344069296

Because they already do. But they can only give you so much.
>>
>>344067926
not funny he's overweight
>>
File: 43313232321123.png (821 KB, 1034x739) Image search: [Google]
43313232321123.png
821 KB, 1034x739
>>
>>344066734
you get experience for losing and when you level up, you get 1000 fm. I've seen bots online that just light kick all match because whoever is behind it is grinding fm.

>>344067256
input delay was a thing in sf4 for years (ps3 v sync meant the 360 version had less input delay), even was a thing when they ported it to ps4 and they fixed it so the ps4 version was the same as 360 so ps4 could be the new standard. and sf5 input lag talk will continue until capcom fixes it.

harada's comments are irrelevant (as they should be).
>>
>>344071108
>Mike sees your reads.png
>>
>>344071197
There's nothing to fix because it's not a problem.

>the creator behind a rival fighting game series called you stupid
>pretend he doesn't know what he's talking about
Maximum damage control.
>>
>+50 FM per win in ranked mode
>no FM earned for playing lobbies
>it takes 2000 ranked victories to have enough for one character
>my queue is around 5 minutes because MM system is shit
>even assuming 60% winrate that's 230 hours of playtime per character
>and that's ignoring the ragequitters, which there is no system against
As I predicted, this unlock shit actually costs more than releasing expansions would have.
It's why they did this in the first place, after all.

I am a fucking idiot. I knew all of this would happen, and I still bought it.
>>
My only gripe with the game is that v skills are a terrible rip off of traits from injustice. The traits were much more interesting amd dynamic were as a fourth of sfvs v skills are worthless. Other than that...its okay, not as good as sf4 but itll do
>>
>>344072732

>1/4 worthless

Which ones. I'd like to know.
>>
>>344072181
They're still working on the daily bonuses. They're called "Targets" now, but they only brought them up once so far in the Capcom blogs and we haven't heard about them since. Hopefully we get them soon, but don't forget to take into your calculations that you get 1000 FM every time you level up a character. Not the greatest incentive, but just fucking around in casuals and getting easy levels is a good way to make some FM.
>>
>>344071108
>This reminded me that a new CPT came out
thanks dude
God this show is so much better then EA
>actually talk about relevant shit
>cool guest
>Interviews
>IT ACTUALLY FUN TO WATCH

Where did everything go so bad?
>>
>>344071502
so why was the ps4 version of sf4's input delay fixed?

why was 360 the tournament standard for sf4?

if there's any damage control, that's on game developer's end. which is why capcom is here spinning two stories when one guy says it's intentional and then combofiend says "nah that was shaky translation".

appeal to authority doesn't mean anything. harada knows what he's talking about however that doesn't mean he's not without bias when he sees another developer that he cooperates with in cross over games getting meme'd on for input delay.
>>
>>344073101
chun
ibuki
fang
bipson
vega
sim
>>
>>344052463
I just wish training mode was a bit more involved. Other than that it's a fighting game.
>>
>>344073436

Vega and 'Sim I'll give you.
>>
>>344073391
>so why was the ps4 version of sf4's input delay fixed?
Because people were used to the 360 version - the one they had played for YEARS - and it fucked up their timing. Meanwhile, there's only one version of SFV with the same input delay across the board. The situation is not even comparable, you fucking imbecile. Holy shit.
>>
>>344071108
It's sad how the only cool things about the FGC are the people themselves, while the flagship game is trashed at large.

Mike Ross, Zhi, Jiyuna, ATP, etc

Capcom rushed SFV because they knew the community would defend it no matter what. Personally? Singleplayer is pointless with our current AI, but if you're gonna focus on multiplayer, have that shit working, which wasn't the case, and it's still missing core lobby functions that were available on 1996 games.

This is extremely dangerous in the long term. I just hope the big chunk of the FGC (stream monsters, redditors, generals, lobbyists) get tired of capcom's shit.

Also, getting rid of cancer like MrWizard should help.
>>
File: 1412016410051.jpg (36 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1412016410051.jpg
36 KB, 500x375
>>344074171
>Zhi
I used to like that guy until recently
His comentary is reddit incarnate
>>
>>344074171
I miss be in the minority that enjoys this game.
I don't care for singleplayer vs ai in a fighting game
and I don't care for online in a fighting game.
NorCal has a healthy fighting game scene so I just play at weekly locals.
I also don't have an issue with 8 frame input delay, i dont think anyone loses because of the 8f delay
>>
>>344073983
>Because people were used to the 360 version - the one they had played for YEARS

evo used ps3 sf4 until 2014. only idiot is you because the tournament scene eventually complained enough about it that they switched to the platform with less input lag.
>>
>>344074593
>hilariously corny and cringy jokes
>reddit
please leave
dad jokes are god tier
>>
>>344074171
>Jiyuna

Is that guy still playing anime fighters? Last I heard of him hes really getting into SFV and helping translate the daigo stream.
>>
File: STEAM.png (281 KB, 831x845) Image search: [Google]
STEAM.png
281 KB, 831x845
It's ass.

I put so much time into SFIV yet I don't want to touch SFV ever again.

What went wrong?
>>
>>344073631
Not that anon, but you should also give him Ibuki's. It's literally the exact same as Karin's. So disappointing.
>>
>>344074720
>hilariously corny and cringy jokes
Yea it would be fine and all if he was ironic about it but the thing is, he isn't.
He also don't ever fucking stop talking
>>
>>344075080
I'd rather have him over ultrachen anyday

id rather have kbrad and ross though
>>
>>344074715
>evo used ps3 sf4 until 2014
The majority played on 360, though.
>>
>>344055768
Isn't /fgg/ full of non-Blazblue airdasherfags?
>>
Zhi's okay with Mike Ross. Zhi with David at CEO was so fucking bad.
>>
The only thing I hate is that I pulled the trigger on buying it because it was about to go off sale, but Urien still isn't out.

Hurry up Capcom, I want to start gittin gud.
>>
God Tier: Ross and Combofiend
Very Good Tier: Ross and Kbrad
Good Tier: Anything with Seth Killian
Alright Tier: Logansama and anyone
Meh tier: TastySteve and anyone
Shit tier: UltraDavid and James Chen
God Awful Tier: Skisonic
>>
>>344074854
I think he still plays a bit of Xrd at times, but other than that it's just SFV. I haven't watched him in a while though, as my internet is shit for streams.
>Tfw we will never have comfy Ultimax streams again
>Tfw no more Shadow Guymam shenanigans
>>
>>344075368
Pimps only tier:Aris + TastySteve
>>
>>344075368
>Logan only in alright tier
Logan and F-W0rd are fucking great.
The rest of the list is ok though.
>>
>gg becomes ultra casual snoozefest with shit mechanics and gutted characters
>sf becomes ultra casual snoozefest with shit mechanics and gutted characters

Why did it have to be this way?
>>
>>344074620
Not everyone lives near a relevant scene, infact the majority does not.
Input delay is shit only because it's different between versions; people are forced to play on PS4 or they'll miss combos in tournaments, which is absolutely retarded; or people occasionally meeting up to play on a different platform and not being able to play.

I actually like the gameplay. But it's ruined by everything around its core that is nonexistant.

Last I checked, you still cannot bind player 2 keys on PC, and half the peripherals are not supported without the use of a mod. Player 1 still has complete control over character select.

I mean, what the fuck is this shit? This takes 5 minutes to fix.
>>
>>344075368
>Seth Killian
That boy is so good with words, like I'm in a fucking classroom taking notes when he's on the mic. So fucking good.
>>
>>344057227
Ultra is still ass. It's still SF4.

Same thing with UMvC3.

NG was fun to play even if pretty busted and the lackluster roster. 2I did improve things. Still busted, but less.
>>
>>344073983
>Meanwhile, there's only one version of SFV with the same input delay across the board.
do you get paid to be so fucking objectively wrong? is it your job?
>>
>>344075768
>Input delay is shit only because it's different between versions
It's not, you have to go out of your way to disable v-sync to get 3f input lag.

You can play on pc with 8f input.
>>
>>344060201
That's for sure. It's a shame too since this is the only game I can get my friends who are decent and want to improve themselves to play that I can somewhat enjoy. I mean Guilty Gear is my go to fighter, but even then when I play with them on the blue fucking moon, there isn't anything smart going on there side. Cause it's too easy to play dumb if you don't have experience with the games. So I can't read shit or when I can it's the most obvious thing in the word since they don't know what they're doing either.

Which is why I liked playing SF cause to get to the level of people reading each others move and playing footsies is much quicker then it is in Guilty Gear cause you don't have to worry about all this other stuff on top of that. Street Fighter is a simple fighter in the right ways when it's at it's best, but I don't think SFV is that like you said. I still enjoy it, but it should be a lot better than it is. Shame too since I can't convince these guys to play Alpha 3 or Third Strike on Fightcade instead which are my favorite Street Fighters. So I guess I'm stuck with SFV for now when it comes to my friends.

I can only hope for big changes when this becomes "Super Street Fighter V" or whatever cause I feel like SFV can be saved, but they have to put in the effort.
>>
File: 1464114868899.png (267 KB, 500x626) Image search: [Google]
1464114868899.png
267 KB, 500x626
>>344052463

Yes, this game is just super boring to play. Sure it's balanced I suppose but there isn't a single character that feels fun, when there where at least 10 characters I liked playing in Ultra.

The v-systems aren't very fun either. Focusing was really annoying sometimes, sure, but there was NOTHING more satisfying in any other fighting game ever than landing a level 3 focus on somebody. Maybe parrying a full super in 3s was as satisfying, but man focus was so much fun to play around with and fake out opponents.

The problem is that SFV just feels too safe. It feels like I am playing SF2 Championship edition with a few added features. SFV was supposed to be the game that brought back the alpha/third strike levels of intense play by play gameplay and strayed farther from the brainiac data-fueled strategic gameplay of SF4. But SFV is becoming even slower and boring to watch than SF4 ever was.

I am not a super autistic hater and I am not one of those SF4 dicksuckers, but come on, even if you like SFV a lot you HAVE to see how many steps back they took in terms of game design.

If I could ever give advice to capcom about improving this game the main thing I would say would be: Stop being fucking tightwads.

Let the players loose, put less restrictions on the combo potential for all characters, don't be so scared about making the game unbalanced. CVS2 and 3s were not balanced but they happened to be the most fun fighting games ever because every character felt completely different. All the characters feel relatively the same in SFV.

It would be great in the next iteration if they give every character more than 1 v-skill at a time. Or gave them more special moves.

I feel like if they buffed every character and sped the game up a bit more it would be a lot more fun to play. Every character feels like they were nerfed hard in development.
>>
>>344057805
>>344057614
>>344057506
>All these 2's in second-to-last place
Nah, it's 2 > 3 > Alpha > 4 = 5
>>
>>344075667
To make online play as close to LAN as possible, they even said it outright.

Expect them to have even higher delays and slow pace for the next installments, cause it wasn't enough.
>>
>>344075920
He said nothing wrong, though. PC niggers have to nig with the files in order to get less delay. It's obviously not intended to be this way.
>>
>>344075948
>out of your way
Forcing v-sync off in your global GPU settings is not uncommon by any stretch.
>>
>>344076038
Swap Alpha with 3 and you got a list.
>>
>>344075646
I can't fucking stand Aris.
>OKAZUMI
>NAGE
>LORDCHAT
He can't go a single game without spouting these a hundred fucking times.
>>
File: Miek Russ 4.webm (1 MB, 1067x600) Image search: [Google]
Miek Russ 4.webm
1 MB, 1067x600
>>344073336
>Marn
>cool guest
>>
>>344076309
I mean, you can do so, but you can't really blame capcom for willingly fucking yourself up for tournament play
>>
I love the gameplay except for 8frame and the balance on the DLC characters [weak as shit]

I don't like anything else about the game. It's a complete regression for video games as a medium as far as the technical stuff goes.
>>
Ok seriously I agree with the rest of your points but a reversal is a 'get out of jail free card'?

How about you fucking block instead like any other fighting game that isn't saturated with samejumps like SF4? Fucking scrubs, reversals are shit as a wakeup option in SFV because as you said CC's make them risky to the point of game ending to fuck up once.
>>
>>344076579
>weak as shit
I can't hear you over my 400 damage basic ass BnB combos with balrog.
>>
>>344076668
Balrog has no 400 damage BNB you fucking queer.

No, resets and v-trigger stuff are not BNB.
>>
>>344076668
see my gief

just kidding it's actually great that they finally gave gief a good matchup
>>
>>344059963
The RNG factor in SF2 is overrated. The game is high damage already, what a 5-10% difference will change when throws do 25-30%?
>>
>>344076668
He has literally no mixup to actually get that damage though
>>344076738
He does, Balrog has higher damage than Ryu which is already mad
>>
>>344076668
Pretty much most players agree that Balrog is weak. Keep making combo videos while you can't escape the corner. Same for Alex and Guile.
>>
>>344076738
*taps you*
>>
>>344076821
Are you joking? Do you even play the game?

STUN is random. STUN

How much more ridiculously RNG can you get than 'lmao you are stunned now just because now eat a second combo that could potentially kill you because damage in this game is completely fucked'
>>
>>344076832
Show it to me. I'm telling you he doesn't have one, stop making shit up.
>>
>>344076873
Daily reminder most pro players regarded ken as weak until ChrisT stomped everyone.
>>
>>344052463
>>most good vtriggers might as well be stagnant roman cancels. they function as X-Factors and let you convert any hit confirm into 60% of the opponent's health

A good indication that you're into a lame/autistic hobby is that talking about it uses jargon to the point of becoming indistinguishable to an outsider. And I'm someone who grew up playing fighting games

you know why SFV sucks, why fighting games suck now? Because the genre was used up 15 years ago.
>>
>>344077032
>A good indication that you're into a lame/autistic hobby is that talking about it uses jargon to the point of becoming indistinguishable to an outsider.

That's the dumbest statement I've read in my life.

Pack up your physics bullshit physicists, I can't understand your autistic jargon!
>>
>>344075667
That's because GG didn't and you're just being too hyperactive and wanting to call everything shit. If I felt that Xrd became that then I'd be the first to say it, but it didn't. Xrd simplified the right things for the most part. It still added dumbshit like hellfire, danger time and YRC's eating up the other guy's inputs while still causing slow down. However overall I still think it's pretty damn good, especially with Revelator since everything it added were pretty great even down to the characters. Do I still like Accent Core Plus R more? Yes, but Xrd didn't rape Guilty Gear, it's one of the few fighting franchises that didn't get ruined completely from a new modern version of the game. If it did, I'd be one of the first to shout it.
>>
>>344077032
A good indication that you're a secondary with no actual interest in a hobby is when you care more about how your hobby appears to outsiders than the actual hobby

Newsflash, no one cares if a casual shitter thinks using jargon is 'lame'
>>
>>344059963
>no footsies in sf3 meme
>>
>>344077032

Fuck off retard. You instantly made your opinion not worth a damn by being an ignorant fool with your first goddamn sentence. Nobody cares if you don't understand the jargon of a 20 year old competitive community with large history of mechanics and terminology.
>>
File: ToD.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
ToD.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>344076983
true but it's still fun and cool
>>
>>344077191
physics is a field of study/expertise/WORK anon. not a fucking hobby that results in absolutely no progress of any sort to humankind.
>>
>>344076579
>>344076873
This is what happens when you release monthly characters instead of having one fully balanced expansion.

Reminder that you asked for this. I tried to stop it. I warned you.

Also, expect DLC characters after EVO and CPT, however, to be absolutely fucking broken, cause they will not have to worry about potential exploits ruining the events.
>>
>>344077032
>A good indication that you're into a lame/autistic hobby is that talking about it uses jargon to the point of becoming indistinguishable to an outsider.
I guess real sports are autistic then, because as someone who doesn't follow any, I usually don't understand shit when people talk about them.
>>
Interested in seeing what the game looks like a year from now.
Is it going to be like sf4's console release or are they going to try and super it?
>>
>>344075782
True.
>>
>>344077214
-Removed FRC
-Revert every and all character back to their bare bones shit removing useful tools like Air Buster, gutting a lot of strategies for characters
-Add Hellfire
-Add Danger Time
-Add YRC which pretty much negate taking risks
-YRC Slow down
-5 Frames input Lag
-Shit characters

It's literally the same shit as SFV.
>>
>>344077032
>zero attention span normie sees having one enthusiastic hobby as "autism"
First, you do realize this is a dedicated videogame discussion board, yes? A ton of people will say the exact bullshit about you visiting this shithole.

Second, please just go back to your twitter feed discussions.
>>
>>344061373
You're dumb

Go watch a input delay comparison test.

Skullgirls has 2 frames of input delay.

YOU don't play fighting games
>>
>>344075168
>I'd rather have him over ultrachen anyday
Ture
>id rather have kbrad and ross though
Now we are talking
>>
>>344062202

It's a word
>>
>>344076983
Grow some balls. It's high damage already. It just makes rounds go faster.

Besides, it's not that random. It happens every once in a while, so what?
>>
>>344059963
>FADC
>creativity
I know there are a ton of 2009ers with the babby's first FG syndrome, but do people actually unironically believe this shit?
>>
>>344077664
>5 frames input lag
Oh I see, now I know I'm going to waste my time if I discuss this with you. Cause if you're actually trying to push this for Xrd. Then there's no point in me arguing with you.
>>
File: Kenny Omega.png (767 KB, 500x699) Image search: [Google]
Kenny Omega.png
767 KB, 500x699
>>344075368
>forgetting Kenny Omega
>>
File: 1465927740760.jpg (34 KB, 447x358) Image search: [Google]
1465927740760.jpg
34 KB, 447x358
>>344077284

Seriously, /v/ are fucking retards about fighting games.

Third Strike is pretty much the MOST footsies based SF game ever created, it's like they never even played or watched the game during it's heyday. That game was so poking and counter-poking intensive it's not even funny. Parries only ever happened in high-level when you had an insanely good read of your opponents button timings, which if you were playing someone experienced wasn't exactly easy to do. Sure, parries were PRETTY op once you actually got one, but by no means were they as easy as focusing or anything like that.

I keep on seeing people misuse the word "footsies" or "fundamentals" etc. Basically every fighting game terminology that had a specific meaning has turned into a meme-word with the new wave of popularity for this genre.

I don't know why I keep on coming into these threads because 95% of every poster just pulls ignorant shit out of their ass and probably isn't actually good at least 1 fighting game.
>>
>>344075368
>Tasty Steve
>Meh

Tasty Steve is godlike, ESPECIALLY with Sajam
>>
>>344062308
Lol

Where'd you get that from?
>>
>>344077953
>Third Strike is pretty much the MOST footsies based SF game ever created,
*parries you*
>>
>>344076331
Sure thing.

What do you like most in the Alpha? I presume you prefer A2?
>>
>>344076387
That whole episode with Marn was fucking gold
I got so many reaction pick out of that one episode
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.