[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Vidya for smart people only.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: Braidlogo.jpg (53 KB, 219x262) Image search: [Google]
Braidlogo.jpg
53 KB, 219x262
ITT: Vidya for smart people only.
>>
It only took me 50 minutes to figure out the lighthouse door puzzle because I'm an intelligent gamer who plays intelligent games.
>>
File: CTI3ypk.jpg (507 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
CTI3ypk.jpg
507 KB, 1920x1200
>>
The reason Undertale is so hated is because the average person is far below the intelligence threshold required to actually appreciate the depth and wonder of the writing it has to offer.
>>
File: MystCover.png (109 KB, 256x307) Image search: [Google]
MystCover.png
109 KB, 256x307
I mean, I'll post a non-bait answer, but any actual discussion is probably going to get buried under memes
>>
File: jorji.png (7 KB, 391x487) Image search: [Google]
jorji.png
7 KB, 391x487
Papers, Please. Only a genius could see through high level forgeries such as this.
>>
>>344052831
I'm pretty sure that's real.
>>
>>344052369
Myst was fun, but not particularly intellectually challenging.

Now, later entries were. Riven was, and Myst 3 even more so, but Myst itself was much more about exploring than actually figuring shit out.

It was usually "wander around, see obvious clue, write it down, to place you are stuck, plug it in". The game was about finding the answers hidden in the world, not sussing them out yourself
>>
>>344052063
Is it the one with the secret code on the paper?
>>
>>344053331
No, the one with the secret code on _______________THAT CARD
>>
The Witness solely for two puzzles.
>Color Elevator
>The Challenge
You can just cheat and look up the former, but you need to actually know what the fuck you are doing for the latter.
>>
>>344053567
I figured out the color elevator just fine, but the fucking shipwreck door stumped me. Only puzzle I confess I cheated on.

Also, you can cheat the challenge, by looking up the code on the chest inside and just taking that to the theater. Or if you're a console fag, using the console overlay to suspend the game without pausing
>>
>>344053795
>Those
You filthy fuck.
Ship Door I forgot about cause that gave me ass cancer.
>>
>>344054001
>Those
..?

Actually I lied, I cheated two more times:

1) looking up the Triangle rules. I managed to solve every triangle panel puzzle by accident without understanding what the fuck the rules were.

2) The eclipse video puzzle. I figured it out, but I googled to see if there was a way of solving it that didn't involve watching the fucking video again

I did get the jungle on my own, and actually got the windmill ones on my own too despite the rule about how broken lines jump back being really unclear and making that puzzle weirdly confusing, since it's the only one that ever uses that mechanic
>>
File: 1374796030634.png (63 KB, 220x218) Image search: [Google]
1374796030634.png
63 KB, 220x218
>>344053567
>>344054448
REMINDER THAT THE WITNESS HAS A PUZZLE THAT REQUIRES YOU TO WAIT ALMOST AN HOUR TO SOLVE IT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZokQov_aH0&t=27m44s
>>
>>344055058
Yeah, it pissed me off.

It's like, I get that you really want people to listen to the talk, but there were those of us who just listened ANYWAY before they realized there were puzzles in the theater videos

Making me watch it AGAIN wore my patience extremely thin.

It's not the only bullshit puzzle in the game, either; there's a tetromino puzzle in the marsh and an environmental one in the windmill that are the ONLY example of the mechanics they use, which is super fucking annoying. There's the fucking shipwreck door. There's the fucking half-peeled rainbow color-dots puzzle. There's the panel-walkways in the forest with that one multiple-solution puzzle in the chain that branches the walkway path. There's the cloud puzzle (you don't wait AS long as the eclipse, but still). There's that ramp-pattern puzzle in the desert underground that basically forces you to guess half of it because of how the water rendering works.

But all told, most of the puzzles aren't bullshit.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.