[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>play through the tutorial to see how they work >just whack
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 14
File: mhgen-ed.jpg (568 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
mhgen-ed.jpg
568 KB, 1024x640
>play through the tutorial to see how they work
>just whack the monsters until the meter is full
>oh ok
>never use them and forget they exist

Anyone else? Also Monster Hunter thread.
>>
>>344045361
>playing anything other than Guild Style
Pleb.
>>
I think they're pretty fun.

So far from playing the Demo, Generations feels like the Mahvel to the rest of the series Street Fighter.

I'm loving it as crazy ridiculous fun, but it probably won't have the nuance and depth and longevity of a main entry.

But that's fine, it's a great game to tide me over until MH5.

Aerial Greatsword is fucking wacky as shit and I love it.
>>
I only got to play the demo once. What exactly are the differences between the styles? I've read them and I couldn't really differentiate between them other than aerial.
>>
>>344046391

Basically you have guild style, which is just normal. The other styles take away certain things and add other things. So adept gives you a crazy dodge with tons of iframes and you get some kind of powerful counterattack you can only do afterwards, at the cost of losing some of your basic moves. Aerial lets you vault off of shit, and striker is kind of boring since you lose some moves just to gain supermove charge faster and be able to equip 3 at once.

I imagine adept will be the go-to for a lot of weapons though honestly.
>>
>>344046858
Thanks
I'm pretty sure I picked guild since I remember not seeing any difference. I did remember not being able to triple pound and spin with the hammer though.
Adept does sound good but as a hear main, I think striker might compliment it more.
>>
File: 1466180235566.png (110 KB, 257x218) Image search: [Google]
1466180235566.png
110 KB, 257x218
Am i the only one that fell in love with the Long Sword?
>That parry
>Those animations
>>
>>344048459

This is your first MH, isn't it?

LS is actually legit as fuck this time though thanks to adept
>>
Everyone keeps saying that the Axe mode is useless now with SA. Why is that?
>>
>>344051041

Mostly because the striker arts are for sword,.
>>
>>344045817
Not saying you're wrong but personally what part of the nuance and depth do you expect to be absent?
>>
>>344051041
Because sword is way stronger and you can stay in it pretty much infinitely thanks to the new mechanics.
>>
>>344051136
>>344051382
there goes my weaponfu, then. I liked the two different modes.
>>
>>344051254
Well so far from playing the demo, it just seems like the styles (especially adept) are OP to the point where your armor skills probably won't even affect your playstyle anymore, and HEAVILY de-emphasize the importance of proper gearing (I can easily see clearing most if not every quest in this game completely naked just by picking adept, and while I'm pretty fucking good at MH, I'd never be able to do that in any of the others). Supers don't seem balanced, by which I mean it just seems like they're extremely powerful abilities just dropped in without any regard to balance (it's not like the monsters are harder to make up for them or anything) . Not that those are a huge deal anyway because there's no G-rank this time anyway, which means a less challenging game overall, which means I'll have less to sink my teeth into.

Overall it just seems like a "Monster Hunter: Wouldn't It Be Cool If" edition to me. Which is fine for a spinoff, but I'd be really upset if this was the overall direction for the franchise, which thankfully it's not.
>>
>>344052520

I just hope it's not going to be too easy.

As a Euroshekel, i have to deal with amigo's, ich bin's and je suis monte's who tend to pretty much fuck up every online hunt.
I don't want the game to hold their hands by spamming the same shit over and over.
>>
>>344045361
Bushido dual blades are pretty fun
>>
>>344053148
Gen is going to be one of the easiest entries short of P3rd. Sorry, man. The endgame can get somewhat challenging though.

>>344052520
>which is fine for a spinoff
This is a main series entry, not a spin-off. It's just that, like Tri, it's an experimental edition.

>which thankfully it's not
We don't know how true that is. It's very possible that they're going to keep a lot of things from Generations in the next entry or so.

In truth, the supers aren't terribly good unless they're buff-types. It takes a lot of armour skills to buff them up to the point of doing anything really good.
>>
>>344053148

Well from what I've played, I can't see it NOT being too easy.

Then again (and I'm not saying this to brag) I'm preeeeeetty fucking good at MH (I solo farmed my nether and lucent sets in 3U) so it's going to depend on the person I imagine. But I mean there's not even a G rank this time, so people who've been playing for years are going to faceroll it, I imagine.

Also I feel for you. The FUCKING FRENCH made MH3U online hell.

>"Oh, vat vas zat? You're in ze full lucent gear and vill hunt whatevehr we want because you are just playeeng for ze fun?"
>"parle français?"
>no
>You have been kicked

I just want to kill some fucking monsters, froggies. Why do you have to make it a big deal.
>>
>>344048459
>>344049123
I started playing LS in 4U and I liked it there. Hearing that it's stronger in Generations sounds to good to be true.
>>
>>344052496
It's sad. They finally started going back on some of the nerfs to axe mode, with most axe attacks being about as strong as they were in 3U, and they buffed the hack 'n' slash finisher even more to the point that it does like 95 motion value over three hits now.

But on the flip side, there's an art that makes sword mode 20% stronger for as long as your phial lasts, an art that recharges your phial without disrupting that first art AND adds a 30% affinity boost, an art that's made even stronger if you're using the first art, aerial does a sword mode hit on the way up but axe mode doesn't get shit, not even a stronger chop on the way down, and even though Adept SA can use the axe finisher any time you dodge, with the first art and a power phial, the damage from the double upswing from a sword adept dodge is going to close the gap with the finisher quite a bit meaning there's not much reason to use axe mode for the finisher.
>>
>>344049123
I'm a 3U babby actually, but i dropped the LS in 4U.
I will probably main it this time, well that or the Switch Axe.
>>
>>344054219

Dude it's NIGHT AND DAY stronger. It's ACTUALLY fucking ridiculous now. You can adept dodge into a new, totally vertical (so no tripping) fast as fuck 2 hit spirit combo that upgrades your gauge level, and it only takes like 1/3 of a bar to do, if that.

If you're not literally the world's worst player, you basically have perma-red now and can just bayonetta dodge everything and pound the monster's tight little asshole with spirit combos all fucking day.
>>
>>344049123
I actually find Adept LS to be a bit of a pain in the ass. Monsters like Noctowl move around too much to take proper advantage of the counter. I far prefer doing actual spirit combos or chaining from fade slash.

>>344054440
I wish they'd go back to 4U aura, but with some tweaks that would allow skilled players to mitigate the drawbacks of said aura. Like a critical time system where doing a finisher in the last 10 seconds of red would charge you up so you only drop down to white, and a finisher at the literal last second would give you something like 30 seconds of yellow.

>>344054532
I actually think Gen's LS is the most baby mode LS I've ever encountered.
>>
File: 1424816830091.jpg (60 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1424816830091.jpg
60 KB, 500x500
>loved SA in tri and 4u
>it's the new IG now attracting the worst players

JJUUSSTT
>>
>>344054532
>If you're not literally the world's worst player, you basically have perma-red
This so fucking hard. They also made it so if the gauge empties from red you go back down to yellow. This perma red LS is going to make it used a lot online.
>>
>>344054975
They also have an infinite spirit art.
>>
>>344052520
It has more shit to do than 4u unless you actually liked infinite relic farming shit. And just because it doesn't go up to inflated G rank health pools doesn't mean it's easy since it's balanced around hard mode and deviants are basically g rank monsters anyway
>>
>cant play anything other than GS
help
>>
>>344052496
I have always only used sword mode since it was introduced. The only time I would use axe is for one off hits while trying to escape and reload. I just love reloading my sword.
>>
>>344056365
Try adept DB. It's arguably the most aggressive combination in MHG imo.
>>
>>344054961
Know that feel.
>>
>>344056365
>can play anything but GS

Teach me senpai. Do I only go for charged attacks or is it ok to do normal hits as well?
>>
>>344054961
>loved SnS always
>it's getting strong buffs but still wont attract the worst ilk because they are too stupid to understand how powerful the weapon is
>>
File: 1414386813318.gif (264 KB, 148x111) Image search: [Google]
1414386813318.gif
264 KB, 148x111
>play the fuck out of the demo
>get the urge to go back and play mh4u
>need a seregios lens
>3% drop in g-rank
>remember why I stopped playing
>>
>>344058002
Thank god MHGen got rid of all those super rare resources with 1% drop rates.
>>
>>344058127
Don't you still need rare drops in some cases?

It's not completely gone is it?
>>
File: 1397004100449.jpg (34 KB, 182x217) Image search: [Google]
1397004100449.jpg
34 KB, 182x217
>>344058218
>>
>>344058218
A friend of mine told me that rare materials are removed and item crafting is more "streamlined". To counter this change there's a fuckton more items to craft than there ever was.
>>
TAKE YOUR FAVOURITE WEAPON

COME UP WITH SOME KIND OF REWORK OR NEW MECHANIC FOR IT

>Switch Axe
You now only reload from morph combo points to either mode. Furthermore you can only reload at one quarter phial, and you're basically forced into a reload if you try to morph combo. A basic, non-combo reload can be used at any time from either mode. Morph combo attacks gain a free phial multiplier.

Sword mode doesn't automatically use phial at all times anymore. You must hold the button down to charge phial energy into the attack. It now eats twice as much phial per attack as it used to.

Axe builds phial over time at twice the rate it used to, while sword mode can build up phial with each uncharged attack and build up more in the short term, but over all axe will build it up faster because there will always be periods with sword mode that you can't attack the monster, and ultimately people generally won't want to just keep using uncharged sword mode attacks.

Axe Mode gets "burst" attacks that eat a quarter of the phial to ludicrously overcharge one of its basic axe attacks. The forward lunge will rocket you forward, the side chop will become a double roundswing, the overhead chop will come crashing down like a guillotine, and the upswing will cause you to hop up into the air to hit flying monsters, super high tails, or perform an aerial attack.

All phials have a power boost. All of them. However, depending on your phial type, it may also do something more. It may boost an already existing element, it may awaken sleeping element (or transform into an elemental boost if you use Awaken), or it may change your element entirely into a status or just a different element. The power boost in axe mode is less of a multiplier and more that burst attacks are just pretty fucking strong, but it also gets the element boost.

Also axe should have a slightly faster movespeed in general. Just a little bit.
>>
>>344057572
Charged hits are always better and you want to be doing them the majority of the time (even if it's only a level 1/2) but other attacks are acceptable during particularly fast-moving/aggressive monster phases. Learn to predict where the monster will be in 5 seconds time.

Obviously jumping attacks are still useful, especially with the swing attack upon landing (which does the full damage of the level 3 charge)?

Go watch an expert fight a monster you've already fought and you'll start to understand.
>>
>>344058425
>>344058326
>>344058218
>>344058127
Upgrading weapons just eats materials to raise a gauge and level it up. The rarer the materials, the more gauge is filled. However, rare materials are used for the final upgrades.

Weapons unlock branches to upgrade to different weapons at different levels. Otherwise you can just keep upgrading the same weapon without changing its design until it's endgame viable, although it probably won't be as strong as other endgame viable weapons.

Armour's the same as ever though.
>>
>>344058706
Hunting Horn
You can import your own .mp3 or .flac files that will play for everyone when you start playing
Everyone using the HH becomes this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxopViU98Xo
>>
>>344057572
>small opening
unsheathe atack
>big opening
lvl 3 charge
aim for the monster's weakest spot
sheathe and run
rinse and repeat
>>
>>344059116
My Hunting Horn will become this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP4u8QYJmO0
>>
>>344058706
Insect glaive

if you manage to shoot the bug into the monster's mouth the game turns into a shmup where you have to fly around and blast the monsters internal organs

if you blow the wrong organs up you wont be able to get them from carves
>>
So what is the meta like online? I've been playing since MHFU, and I've never been online. Never consciously looked up what skills I should have-- just go for ones that make sense like "attack" or "grinder" or whatever. I play a GS.
Is online more geared towards the play to have fun group, or the srs business min/max group?
>>
>>344058706

>GUNLANCE

Wyvernfire is gone. Instead, you gain Turret Mode, which has you plant the shield in the ground and prop the lance up on top of it. Your shots do as much damage as a poke, and you have 20 shots that can be either burst fired or fully automatic. The shield protects from projectile attacks. Can be cancelled early. Same cooldown as Wyvernfire.
>>
>>344060242
if you aren't using a completely optimized 6 skill clownsuit and a minmaxed relic weapon than you usually get kicked immediately from rooms
>>
>>344060242
The meta is to leave the room ASAP if you see someone say Salut.
>>
>>344060501
>if you aren't using a completely optimized 6 skill clownsuit and a minmaxed relic weapon than you usually get kicked immediately from rooms
Please tell me this is a joke
>>
>>344060242

Depends on what you're hunting. If it's a hard monster, then don't fuck around. Otherwise nobody cares as long as you're not carting. Ideal tryhard GS skills include Focus, Critdraw, Quick Sheathe, and sharpness +1.
>>
>>344060658
It is a joke.
>>
>>344060696
>ideal GS skills include...
Thanks man, I'll try to implement those before I go online.
>>
>>344060868
Quicksheath is easily the least important of those.
>>
>>344060242

french people and people trying to get carried to g rank (like me)
>>
>>344060983
I honestly can't tell what's sarcasm and what's not. I figured quick sheathe would be near the most important?
>>
>>344061392

I'm not that guy, but >>344060696

He's not wrong, but the way he worded it is a little misleading.

He's right in that it's not AS important as the other ones I listed, but it's still extremely good and outclasses many, MANY other skills. Don't give up any of the others I listed for it, but it's pretty easy to justify giving up just about anything else for it.
>>
>>344048206
Then you didnt pick guild style
>>
Gotcha. I appreciate the advice.

So, trying to muscle through MH4U before MH Gen comes out. How the fuck do I increase my HR?
>>
>>344062354
I guess maybe I didn't
Its ok, I'll try out all of them whenever I have time.
>>
>>344062467
Guild Quests, separate from Caravan Quests.
You have to clear certain key quests (unmarked, by the way) to unlock a quest that will increase your HR.
>>
Guild Style
>The oldschool MH fan's preferred choice
>Medium to hard difficulty, most people using this style will make for pleasant and efficient hunting partners

Striker Style
>Aimed specifically at shitters who just want to spam flashy Hunter Arts without bothering to learn the actual combat mechanics beyond that
>Easy difficulty, the vast majority of people using this style will only weigh your party down

Aerial Style
>Argueably the style with the highest skill ceiling, but it will sadly be usurped by 'je suis monte!'-tier shitters who think they're Sasuke
>Hard difficulty, most Hunters using this style will be complete trash, but if you manage to find the exception to the rule, they will likely do more DPS than you

Adept Style
>Announced as a style specifically aimed at veteran players, which turned out to be completely untrue, because dodges are very forgiving and a free out-of-jail card for every single move a monster makes
>Easy to medium difficulty, this one is a true wildcard, you'll likely find players of all skill levels using this Style, but most of them will do subpar DPS, since they'll be too focused on getting "cool" dodges
>>
>>344058706
>horn
buff motion values
new white/purple equivalent note that plays attack speed up on recital instead of mind's eye

ability to level 1 charge any attack, doesn't increase motion value but instead plays 2 notes similar to the double-hook

new notes to add songs such as
>song that gives you the frenzy status effect that you still need to overcome
>recover sharpness
>elemental crit
>Razor Sharp, Weakness Exploit
>harsh notes akin to Tigrex/Akantor/Ukanlos roars that deal neutral damage along with added KO value

Give horn HA an innate Sonic Bomb effect
>>
>>344064337
Which style should I use if I just want to hit things really hard with a Greatsword?
That seemed to work very well for me in MH4U.
>>
>>344064337
what advantages does aerial style offer besides "lmao mountspam?"
>>
>>344064841
being able to get in the air and smack the shit out of faggot raths

worth it desu
>>
>>344064841
it has iframes if you land the jump correctly

you can iframe through rolls, charges, and whatever else the fuck you can time
>>
>>344064589
Guild Style, it's pretty much the same as it is in MH4U.

>>344064841
It lets you reach the head and back/wings very easily, all of which are high damage zones on most monsters.
>>
>>344064841
Footstool gives you evasion+2 tier I-frames when you land it. As far as I'm concerned you can avoid almost any roar with it since Diablos isn't in the game
>>
>>344064841

Well I'm not that guy, but GS aerial seems to be VERY good from what I played in the demo, because it takes away the ability to charge on the ground, and adds charging aerial hits. And since you're only in the air for a short time after hopping off a monster, charge time is shortened to fit that timeframe. It basically translates to VERY fast level 3 GS hits over and over just by bouncing off the monster repeatedly.

I'm not sure about the other weapons, but I imagine they will have advantages like that as well.
>>
>>344064841
Do they even have mountspam? It seems like mounting is way harder in this.
>>
>>344065369
Its still somewhat spammable if you actually try at it, but you'll only get 1 or 2 mounts on a typical hunt
At least you can attack it while someone's mounting it now
>>
>>344065369
Starving Wolf buff+Aerial Dual Blades, Shit Axe, and rapid fire normal 1 get mounts fast
>>
>>344064841

Aerial hammer/SA is insane
>>
>>344064337
This is inherently wrong in many ways. It's difficult to blanket judge all styles regardless of weapon, since the effects vary wildly from one to another. Guild style would only be the preferred choice for hunters who are too set in the old ways of doing things, generally speaking - which generally doesn't speak too well of their ability to adapt. It's easy to dismiss Striker as well, but it's actually pretty viable for certain weapons - gives a 20%(?) damage boost to charge blade in axe mode, promoting heavy usage over the axe above all else, to provide one example.

Not only that, but "Easy to medium" for Adept? Most of the benefits gained from the style are from dodging/blocking at precisely the right moment (and then following through with an attack immediately after), something that 90% of players won't be able to handle.
>>
Adept LS is way better than the normal/Guild LS, that 2-3 hit meter charge combo is the Bee's Knees.

I figure I'll go full LS shitter this time around.
For reference though, what Hunter Arts screw with your team the most? So I can purposefully screw with some online teams.
>>
>>344065839
it's funny how Aerial Hammer is the only melee weapon that gets a proper Aerial moveset.
There are at least 3 different inputs you can do after a footstool and combos can be continued when you land unlike every other weapon which is essentially 1 attack, excluding IG and gunning weapons of course which get actual aerial movesets as well
>>
>>344066174
They probably planned for more on the other weapons but just ran out of time because gen is pretty much just a rushed nostalgia bait game to get the monhun bucks for the year.
>>
>>344066572
if it was rushed we wouldn't have 4 styles, buncha upgrade reworks and 4 flagship monsters
>>
>>344066709

Don't you get it, hating on generations is cool now.
>>
So when would they announce the next MH?

Would it be at TGS this August? Or next year?
>>
>>344066841
We get this every game, its just something people got used to
>uuuuuhm, achtually MHF1 was the best game in the series
>anyone who objects with me just doesn't like difficulty
>>
>>344065850
Adept is easy as fuck dude.
It gives E+3 i-frames and if an attack connects at ANY time during your dodge then you completely negate it and get to immediately do a powerful easy attack. And the only cost is losing a move it two and only getting one HA.
Also keep in mind this is in a game that only goes to HR so armor sets are much weaker and something with just AuL and HGE would be considered good. Adding that kind of boost is ridiculous.

>>344066709
Don't drink their "4 flagship!" BS. Theres only 7 new monsters in the whole game. The styles are minor as fuck, the "bunch upgrade reworks" are just some easy to implement QoL things they should've don't years ago, and the flagship gimmick is just a ruse to hide the fact that 95% of the game is old content.
>>
>>344066938
I'd imagine this August, Japan has had X/Generations for a little while now
>>
Generations is shaping out to be really fun, I just hope that those faggots fix the online.
>>
>>344048206
So what are you supposed to press after you dodge with the adept class. I only played once or twice and I did the dodge and it made a sound effect + vfx but I didn't know what to press afterwards, just attack like normal or something?
>>
>>344067213
>It gives E+3 i-frames
Has it actually been confirmed that they're the same? Are you telling me running E+3 was as easy asusing Adept in previous MH games?
>>
>>344067213
you say all that like monster hunter has ever had massive increases in content, it's always been gradual shit while reusing assets from previous games

to say that the hunter arts, plus the new monsters, plus the styles are not a massive improvement to what we're used to is delusional
>>
>>344067807
X shortly after a successful dodge.
>>
I really like striker lance. The only issue I've had is with the perfect evasion skill on the touch screen, I feel like I have to hit it earlier than I would just press the B button.
>>
>>344067834
pretty much, get evasion+3 on a Lance and do nothing but backhop chain. You'll learn how stupid it is very shortly
>>
>>344067807
Pick direction you want to attack, and do so

different weapons have different combo combinations branching from their dodge
>>344067834
it definitely is a fuckton of frames, perhaps even more than E+3
>>
File: 1467088960839.png (117 KB, 648x648) Image search: [Google]
1467088960839.png
117 KB, 648x648
>>344067213
>Only goes to HR

w-what? no...
>>
>>344068004
But lance backhop is different than regular rolls, at least I thought backhop gets more I-frames than the regular roll.

>>344068079
HR has the better armour sets anyway. G rank sets almost always look dreadful, or at least significantly worse than HR sets.
>>
>>344068441
its just shorter so you don't have to time the backhop, if you are backhopping you are in the invincibility frames

its the same reason that you generally dont get more than evade+2 on dual swords, because their dash is so short you'll never get to utilize all of the invincibility frames
>>
>>344068441
The backhop and roll get the same amount of i-frames, but the backhop is more "efficient" with them in that they start up and they end when you stop.

Then evade+3 came along and made the backhop so efficient you could chain the fuckers.
>>
>>344068641
>>344068759
Oh, so that's what it was. Thanks for clearing that up.
>>
>>344068759
Chaining E+3 backhops was hilarious shit.

I could literally backhop my way into a Rajang's laser directly towards its face and get to poking right as it stopped firing. Untouchable the whole way there.
>>
>>344045361
>tfw ultra AED in MHG doesnt launch others
feels fuckin great
>>
>bow with twirl dodge

yawn. this is a hard game? yeah ok japan.
>>
>>344069153
>ultra AED in MHG doesnt launch others
Charge Blade confirmed ruined.
>>
>>344046858
Cept for insect staff, adept staff is balls why the fuck would you remove recall kinsect.
>>
>>344064337
itp guy who will consistently get outdeepsed by adepts since he'll be zoned, running, or dodging while they'll be DPSing due to quick recovery bonus dodge.

Simply put adept gives you more time to fight and less mitigating monster assaults and movesets. More time DPSing > More DPS

A shit few arts ain't gunna change this.
>>
File: 324123456341.png (291 KB, 442x331) Image search: [Google]
324123456341.png
291 KB, 442x331
>>344069878
>removes recall kinsect

are you fucking serious?
>>
>>344067835
They've had more than 7 monsters. The game doesn't even have subspecies (besides the raths because gold rathian is sooooo fun).
Styles are HAs are very imbalanced to where each weapon only has 1-2 good styles and some weapons have 3 awful HAs.

4U gave us 2 fully new weapons, revamped balance, revamped old gen 2 monsters, 15+ new monsters plus new subspecies for them all, the vertical mechanics, all those new maps, tons of new towns, etc.

I don't get why fags are so scared of ANYBODY saying negative things about gen, it's not a bad game and is still really fun but it's a half step to fill their MH quota for the year. This isn't the next big MH generational step.
>>
>>344045628
So you have no idea what you are talking about then? Cool!
Styles and Arts are two different things, and guild style gets two arts.
>>
Heard bow is better this time around, what changed? Bow always had so much potential
>>
>>344070705
solid arts and the styles really help it out. Adept dodging gets you a free level 3 charge
>>
>>344070705
back hop is super good, the adept dodge is brutally good, and the arrow rain buff is hella gr8.

Best wep in the game ez.
>>
>>344070356
>the game doesn't even have subspecies
oh my god at least open up the monster list page before writing dumb shit

not only are most of them new subspecies, but they are also a lot more interesting than the recolours in the previous games, and then there's the whole deviant monsters gimmick which essentially replaces shitty guild quests from 4U

and are you going to skip over the whole being able to play as a cat? Because that's by no means a tiny feature, I feel you are highly underselling how much new shit gen offers to fit it into your rushed cash cow narrative
>>
>>344045361
I hate MHX. Even the demo is fucking stale, I can't understand how they went from 3u to this. Graphically it's shit and even difficulty wise it's even shitter. I'm skipping this and hoping MH5 is on proper console and big screen. Fuck Capcom. I understand MHX is intermediate release to keep people at bay but still.
>>
Out of curiosity, is there a list of what Guard Up can actually block?
>>
>>344071714

It can't block

This anon's >>344071387 shitposting
>>
>>344071714
Previously unblockable attacks.
>>
>>344071714
all of them
>>
>>344071920
Go fuck yourself, typical nu-male, fatty little mantits, glasses and sjw opinions.
>>
>>344072318
>nu-male
>fatty
sick buzzwords rebbit but at least make sense
>>
File: 1423633397864.png (357 KB, 800x571) Image search: [Google]
1423633397864.png
357 KB, 800x571
>aerial style just takes all the worst parts of insect glaive of hands them to everyone
>striker just butchers the weapons moveset so you can spam gimmick moves
>don't like any weapon arts and other people using them makes the game trip central
>owl monster physically sucks fun directly out of the everything around

i have never been less excited for a monhun game in my life
>>
>>344072796
footstooling is a fun mechanic, the problem I have with it is that there are not enough options when airborne bar like 4 weapons out of fucking 14. Shit like Charge Blade unable to cancel out of Super AED when airborne show how little effort was put into it.
>>
>>344071091
It has deviants that are the entirety of endgame on the same level as apex monsters.
Theres no styniogre, no plum hermetaur, no lucent nargacuga, no toxic ludroth etc.
They cut them all out even the ones that were already in 4U.
kys
>>
>>344073676
Instead it has thunderlord zinogre, silverwind nargacuga, drilltusk tescucabra, and a bunch of other subspecies

not to mention plum hermetaur was a boring piece of shit
>>
>>344074353
Did Purple Crab even do anything different?
>>
>>344074493
Went at Sanic Baggi speed when frenzied and ripped slow variations of Shogun attacks
>>
>>344074493
it had different weaknesses and charged a bit more

but clearly not having it be included is a travesty because MHF was the best aspect of the series and everyone else is wrong
>>
I always felt as if subspecies were primarily content padding and as the series grows and more and more unique monsters are designed there's less and less need for them.
A few that really change up the fight like Lucent Nargacuga and Molten Tigrex are cool, but those that slightly tweak behavior or add one move? Nah.
>>
>>344052520

I have a couple hundred hours logged in MHX JPN release, and they make up for the strong abilities by massively reducing the amount of armour skills you can have active in comparison, so you will still need to farm plenty of armour sets.

Also, the high level >lvl 6 variant monster quests are as hard as g rank, plenty will one shot you, as well as frenzy makes certain monsters as tough as G rank too.

There is a fuckload of content in this game.
>>
>>344075294
I feel like a lot subspecies could just be eliminated at this point and they could just give their extra moves to the regular species.

Also I'm not even entirely sure what the point of Red Khezu is other than it has a wider 3-way shock ball attack, or why we need Purple Gypercos when you can just give regular Gypceros Deadly Poison, or why white Monoblos and Black Diablos even exist
>>
>>344056365
Try Charge Blade, I was using GS mostly and it seemed like my skills and knowledge of placement naturally fit
>>
Reminder that this is a Bubble Dragon(Male).
>>
>>344076054
They exist because they double the amount of content to farm and gear to craft through minimal effort.
>>
>>344076054

Variety of armour sets, and it's a nice touch to see the variants of different monsters.

I think it would be boring to merge them into the Base monster
>>
>>344053978
Multiplayer isn't even hard enough in these games to require any communication. Hello and thanks for the group are that needs to be said, the rest is pretty easily inferred.
>>
File: beams.webm (3 MB, 400x236) Image search: [Google]
beams.webm
3 MB, 400x236
>>
>>344078845
Whatever happened to this game?
Is it coming to the West?
Is it good?
>>
>>344078845
fuck off we get it.
Just post the video where you made these from
>>
>>344078980
go to capcom_channel on twitch and look at past broadcasts. Their youtube link for that episode is busted
>>
>>344064337
Spamming dodges into monsters for crazy ifra,es and easy attacks means adept is easy, but you say aerial is the hardest? lol.
>>
>>344045361
>all the swich axe arts only work with the sword mode
>not having a different attack for each mode
they need to scrap the switch axe already, they're never going to get it right
>>
File: george costanza monster hunter.jpg (35 KB, 720x535) Image search: [Google]
george costanza monster hunter.jpg
35 KB, 720x535
fuck you ill post it again

>all the swich axe arts only work with the sword mode
>not having a different attack for each mode
they need to scrap the switch axe already, they're never going to get it right
>>
File: ITS OUT.png (239 KB, 885x1019) Image search: [Google]
ITS OUT.png
239 KB, 885x1019
>>344045361
>>
>>344081052
why do you post this all the time

If you wanted a (You), you can just ask anon
>>
>>344078845
>spin circle pad qte
Does capcom want to break my 3DS?
>>
>>344070293
It's more like your kinsect has no fucking stamina at all and doesn't have the energy to do anything more than limp on over to you, so it becomes a playstyle where you shoot your kinsect (preferably charged to at least add some damage) and then run over to it. The adept dodge does an attack where both you and the kinsect attack simultaneously though, so you extract juice from the monster in the same motion that you attack it.

Plus you can put on the Extract Hunter art that'll just grab all three extracts anyway, just for a shorter time than normal.
>>
>>344080659
i agree

why have a weapon with a switching gimmick when there is literally no point in using the other form

axe mode sucks
>>
>>344070969
>arrow rain buff
Wait WAIT
ARC SHOTS GOT BUFFED?
>>
>>344076306
Regular Tama can be either. Variant Tama is male.
>>
>>344082598
no its a hunter art that buffs you

you fookin dumpass
>>
>>344082423
axe mode has been relegated to "overly cautious" status

where you're so scared of the monster you'd rather poke away at a distance for like half your damage
>>
>>344083242
you mean PUSSY MODE
>>
>>344083128
That's accel rain. The accel rain art. Saying the "arrow rain buff is hella gr8" suggests arrow rain got buffed.
>>
>>344083446
that is exactly what I mean

you could argue that was the case since tri, but they've only made the gap between the two bigger with every new installment
>>
>>344083242
Axe mode is only good for the running poke.
>>
Any one wanna play the demo?
>>
>>344085143
Post a room and people will come.
>>
File: I'M NOT MAD.png (50 KB, 243x269) Image search: [Google]
I'M NOT MAD.png
50 KB, 243x269
>join random room in demo for owl
>everyone is competent and knows their roles
>notice one guy is literally grilling steaks next to the monster and doing the kickback gesture the whole time
>the monster never hits him

this is the first time I've ever seen this shit
>>
>>344045361
Monster Hunter seems like an interesting series but I just can't deal with handhelds.

Is Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on Wii U worth it?
>>
>>344085956
do you really want to invest hundreds of hours in a 5 year old game?
>>
>>344086161
Since when does being old make a game bad?
>>
>>344086258
3 ultimate is definitely still good, but it doesn't do an amazing job at getting new players invested quickly
>>
>>344086258
it means you're less likely to find rooms for the thing you want to hunt

also its mechanically inferior to later installments
>>
>>344085778
>enter random room in demo for owl
>a guy stands on the literal edge of the arena spamming like lv1 or lv2 spread shots as far away as he possibly can
>i can't say shit because chat is disabled

I want to teach.
I want to teach I WANT TO TEACH
I
WANT
TO
TEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAACH

I WANT TO TEACH THEM ALL HOW TO NOT BE SHITTERS
>>
>>344086543
Still doesn't make it bad. The selection of monsters is superior to later installments, mostly because later installments start flooding the entries with gen1/2 monsters.

>>344085956
Yes. MH3U on Wii U is worth it.
>>
38-6117-5635-7682

pw: 8008
>>
>>344086791
we need to purge the old shitmons

KHEZU GO HOME

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>344086543
Rooms? Are you talking about online?
I only play video games offline, online play is cancer.
>>
How do I charge blade?
I love the design of this weapon, but I just can't wrap my head around it when I try and actually hunt with it.
>>
>>344086873
tfw connection error has occurred
>>
>>344087352
Not sure about G, but in 4U you just use the sword to build meter, charge your shield, and move swiftly, then switch to axe when the monster's down, you have an opening, or when you can unload on the head for a stun.

It's not too different from charge axe.
>>
>>344087227
there's a pretty big focus on hunting with other people, amigo
>>
>>344087227

Then don't play MH.

It's literally a game designed for being social and hunting with other people.

That's like saying you want to get into fight games but "I only play the AI versus mode is cancer".

Just don't fucking bother.
>>
File: 1419494217623.gif (845 KB, 245x164) Image search: [Google]
1419494217623.gif
845 KB, 245x164
>join party
>the monster posted is apex
>only one person has a wystone
>just one
What the fuck were those guys expecting exactly?
>>
>>344088270
>>344088491
Not him, but you don't need to play online to enjoy Monster Hunter at all. It's got a focus on online but it's not a hard focus, and lets you do what you want to.

I did 4U almost entirely lonehunta unless I wanted to grind something out FAST.

>>344087227
Online play will make the hardcore grind for endgame materials a lot more bearable though, just letting you in on that little factoid.
>>
Is the demo locked to O3DS mode? the game is much less smooth than 4U was.
>>
>>344088996
The full game is locked to 30FPS.
>>
>>344088941
Oh, it's entirely feasible to play the game offline

but it's going to be a lot more of a chore to someone new to the franchise, and not really accustomed to the long hunts
>>
>>344086637
If I see the ratio of spergs to people who knows how to play is 3:1 or 2:2 with the spergs dying a lot, I just abandon the quest. Sometimes, I kick them repeatedly first especially the useless gunners and """""""healer""""""" palicos.
>>
>>344072796
>I can´t handle the owl so the game sucks
Most of the people in the free demo seem to be new, since they clearly make dumb mistakes, also even old players are probably picking weapons and styles they are not used to
That said i´m also not too excited about the game, something feels off
>>
>>344066938
TGS or a little before, with a release in November.
>>
>>344088491
You couldn't be more wrong. MH online is for shitters who need to get carried.
Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.