[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any other Racing games like the Daytona USA and Sega
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: 16187101.jpg (280 KB, 850x1185) Image search: [Google]
16187101.jpg
280 KB, 850x1185
Are there any other Racing games like the Daytona USA and Sega Rally series?
>>
Ridge Racer
>>
What is the definitive version of Daytona USA?

Dreamcast version has a bunch of extra content but weird controls.
>>
>>344043885
Ridge Racer Type 4 in particular. The other games don't compare.
>>
>>344044002
The PSN and XBLA versions have an arcade perfect port with some extra challenge modes and an optional arranged soundtrack.
>>
>>344044002
The XBLA/PSN version.

As for OP, there was going to be a new game made in the vein of these, but it was funded on
>kickstarter
so it's since disappeared from the face of the earth.
>>
>>344044183
Yeah 90s Arcade Racer. It fucking PAINS me since it's EXACTLY what I want from a racing game.
>>
>>344044172
>>344044183

Yeah, I have that version, but they only have the 3 arcade tracks.

It's a good port, I love the endless mode.
>>
>>344044508
If ya want the extra tracks go for the dreamcast version because the soundtrack for Circuit Edition sucks and Dreamcast has the Circuit Edition tracks with its own exclusive tracks.
>>
>>344044172

>and an optional arranged soundtrack.
I can't see where to turn this on or off.
>>
File: 20160706_132849.jpg (3 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160706_132849.jpg
3 MB, 3264x1836
>>344045280
Right here mate
>>
>>344045719

No idea how I missed that
>>
90s Arcade Racer

Any day now...
>>
>>344044183
It just needed to change a programmer.

Look up the project updates FFS, it is happenning.
>>
Who cares, I want Outrun 3
>>
File: 1463122674324.gif (374 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1463122674324.gif
374 KB, 1200x900
>>344046687
A-at least drift stage is in progress
>>
>>344047036
Like Sega can afford to buy back the Ferrari license.
>>
>>344044287

The dev claimed he'd post an update in a few days....2 months ago.
>>
>>344044002
>What is the definitive version of Daytona USA?

PSN/XBLA versions aside:

>Original emulated on PC

Obviously perfect if you have a wheel, but the game doesn't control very easily with a controller since fully steering to either side at high speeds makes you lose control of the car.

>Championship Circuit Edition

Shitty Saturn port. Graphics are ass, controls are ass, framerate is ass. Extra tracks.

>Circuit Edition

Slightly less shitty, japanese exclusive Saturn version which is basically CCE but fixed. Controls almost nothing like the arcade original though.

>Deluxe

PC port of Circuit Edition, I think it also has some exclusive tracks. Better graphics than CE though still noticeably inferior to arcade, and still controls almost nothing like the original.

>2001 aka the Dreamcast port

Remake of CE with shiny new graphics, handles much closer to the original than CE and its ilk despite what complaints would make you believe. If you're on PC and want to play with a controller, I'd pick this version.
>>
>>344047542

That's a very comprehensive guide. Cheers.
>>
neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1217095
>>
ROLLING STAAAAAAAART
>>
>>344047018
>programmer

Wait, what? Wasn't it supposed to be made by Nicalis under the lead of the original guy? They're a shit-tier developer (and so far most people blame them for ruining the project because they've been proven to be incompetent IIRC), but still a whole team.

Or did he just went to a different company with it and resumed/restarted development there?
>>
>>344044021
Never played Rage Racer I see
>>
Something about the original driver A.I. programmer being incompetent.
>>
>>344048047
I WANNA FLYYYYYYY SKY HIGHHHHHHHH
LET'S GOOOOOO TOGETHER!!!!!
I WANNA FLYYYYY SKY HIGHHHHHH
LET'S GOOOOOO TOGETHER!!!!!!

BLUE BLUE SKIES, BLUE BLUE SKIES I SEE

BLUUUUUUUUUE BLUUUUUUUUUE SKIES, BLUUUUUUUUUE BLUUUUUUUUUE SKIES I SEE
>>
>>344047883
Fuck off.
>>
>>344042708
hey guys does anybody remember karting games that wouldve used the Doom engine? i played shit like that when i was young and would wanna grind that again.. . i believe it was called championship karting or something
also getting early Colin McRae Rally games for PS1 would be mental sex right now
>>
>>344047071
I played an alpha of Drift Stage an anon shared here not long ago and honestly I'm not really feeling it. The drifting is weird as fuck, you have to be pretty much perpendicular to the track to not slam into the guardrail, the car reacts very slowly to going in and straightening out of a drift, the starting animation looks very cheap and the cars overall don't seem to react to physics, the visuals are very misguided and it's clear the guy who's doing it doesn't know what dithering is for and why it's not a good idea to try and pull it off using a 3D engine on a modern PC monitor (the cloud skybox in particular looks horrible, I don't know how someone looked at that and thought it looked acceptable).

Yes it's an alpha but the fact that at this point the only things salvageable are the car models and some texture work doesn't make me hopeful for the future.
>>
>>344048823
edgy retard
>>
>>344048980
>also getting early Colin McRae Rally games for PS1 would be mental sex right now

Why not play the PC versions?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (170 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
170 KB, 1920x1080
>>344049794
i like racing with the console controller more unless im at some friends house who got a joystick or racing wheel thbfam
actually i got an USB controller for PC too so why the hell not. it´d just be pretty nostalgic and cool
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.